[C H A P T E R N I N E T E E N]

Being a Park

UNEDITED-- GRAMMATICALLY INCORRECT STATEMENTS ARE PRESENT.

ENJOY! ENJOY! ENJOY! ENJOY! ENJOY! ENJOY!

[C H A P T E R N I N E T E E N]

Today is Sunday; it’s been two days since that incident. Kai and Kyungsoo is currently having their own time at the mall, not minding what others think.

They have watched movie, eat on their favorite restaurant and now, they are holding each other’s hands while walking, not heading to somewhere but they’re having fun with just like that.

No one is talking too but they are fine with it. It seems like they already knew what is on each other’s mind by just looking to each other.

“This feels… I can’t explain what I feel right now. We should do this more often.” Kyungsoo happily suggested while looking up at his boyfriend.

“…I’m so sorry… I think we wasted our one year relationship…” Kai replied with his head down, not facing Kyungsoo.

“Nini, it’s okay. We didn’t waste it, we kinda experimented? That one year made us stronger, it’s like the foundation of this relationship and besides there is still many times available for us to do this, right?” Kyungsoo gave a reassuring smile to his Boyfriend. He felt guilty in what he just said not so long ago so he thought of a way to lighten the mood of Kai.

“Why are you so good at this? I’ll marry you at the future. That I promise you.” Kai blurted out suddenly. They both looked away, trying to cover their red faces.

“I love you, Nini. My forever.” Kyungsoo whispered, but it didn’t go unheard by Kai.

Who’s the Happiest right at this moment? Kai.

“I love you too, Kyungie. My everything~” Kai replied while back hugging his Boyfriend.

Kyungsoo turned back so, he’s now facing Kai. He looked up at him, people around them started to stare. Some give them hates while some cheer on them. You can’t please everybody.

“Can I kiss you?” Kai asked, Kyungsoo slowly nodded, being shy about their position right now but he loves it anyway.

“Where do you want?” Kai whispered in his Boyfriend’s ear. Kyungsoo felt million sparks in his body when Kai did that so he kinda shivered.

“Y-you d-decide…” Kyungsoo answered with a low tone. He buried his head in Kai’s chest to hide his burning face.

Kai smiled, his boyfriend is acting so cute.

“You know I want to punch the wall right now to regain my manliness. You’re cuteness is too much to handle.” Kai lifted up Kyungsoo’s head and kissed him in his forehead to the tip of his nose after he said those words.

“I love you so much.” And then he kissed Kyungsoo’s lips. Although it was only a peck, it lasted for about 20 seconds too.

“Kai, I love you so much too… But could we please leave this place? It feels awkward…”

“If my Queen says so… Then fine.” Kyungsoo wants to argue about the ‘Queen’ thingy but Kai held his wrist and started to run so he run too.

After some minutes of running, the mall couldn’t be seen when they looked back, finally. They’d decided to go home and call it a day. Kai is sending Kyungsoo to their home first before he goes home. It doesn’t matter at their parents because they have their blessings.

“Do you want to stay first?” Kyungsoo asked when they reached his home.

Kai was going to nod his head when his phone rings, he looked at the caller and saw Baekhyun’s name on it. He told Kyungsoo that he would just answer it, he step away and press the ‘answer’ button.

“Kim…” Baekhyun sounds worried and that made Kai worried too.

“What’s wrong?” He asked immediately.

“Did you forget already? I’ve been texting you since a while ago but you’re not replying… The doctor said that I need to go to him today… I need a checkup…” Kai made an ‘Oh’ sound and hit his own forehead for not looking who’s flooding his inbox and for forgetting his promise to Baekhyun that he will accompany him today… Well, his date today with Kyungsoo is unexpected.

“Wait for me; meet me outside your house but not exactly at front of your door.  I’m sorry Byun…”

“Okay…” Baekhyun sounded that he finally can breathe again. He ended the phone call so, Kai went back to Kyungsoo who is still standing in the place where he left him.

“… I need to leave… Something came up and I need to be there…” Kai said while his hand on the back in his head.

“Can I know what is it? Is it an emergency?” Kyungsoo asked with full of concern.

“…Ahm… Yes, it is an emergency…” Kyungsoo understood it right away. Kai doesn’t want to tell his reasons. He nodded his head as a sign of agreeing.

“Thank you, Kyungie… I’d fun today because I am with you. I love you… I love you. I love you.” Kai kissed his boyfriend’s forehead and wait until Kyungsoo entered his house.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

“Where are you going?” Chanyeol asked his husband. Baekhyun just showed up after locking his room all day with well clothes on.

“…I’ll just eat an ice cream nearby.” Baekhyun said, Chanyeol didn’t really bite it at all. He knows Baekhyun too well but decided not to ask him, if he doesn’t want to tell it then fine.

“Are you going alone?” He asked again.

“Yes.” Baekhyun said and then left.

“Be careful.” Those words went unnoticed by Baekhyun since he already left without waiting for his husband’s answer.

Baekhyun waited in the bench close to their house while calling Kai’s phone many times since he is really worried but Kai didn’t answer even once that made Baekhyun more nervous.

Half minutes had already past and there is still no sign of Kai, he stood up and started to go back to their house, tears forming up because he feels worried about his baby and at the same time hurt because Kai didn’t came.

“BYUUUUN!” He turned back and saw a panting Kai. With no reasons at all he smiled, well maybe there is a reason.

“You came!” Baekhyun happily said. Kai gave him a weird look still catching his breath.

“Do you think that I won’t? I just ran all the way here. There are no buses and such, I’m so sorry if I made you upset. But now, let’s go.”

They made it to the hospital and searched for his doctor’s name. Baekhyun feels nervous and excited at the same time. They walked a little bit slow all the way there because Baekhyun is worried and told Kai to accompany him so Kai did.

“Mr. Byun, the pregnant male. You finally came!” The doctor greeted happily when they entered. They sat on the chairs in front of the doctor’s table.

“I’m sorry if I came late…” Baekhyun said, feeling guilty.

“Don’t say sorry. I don’t mind it at all. I don’t want to offend you but where is the father of your child?”

“He is busy right now.” The doctor sensed that something is wrong but he didn’t want to ask since he is not on the right position so he put it aside.

He gestured Baekhyun to lay on one of the machine there and checked him up. Kai just waited patiently and after some minutes he also went on the place where Baekhyun is.

“You shouldn’t stress yourself. Eat everything you want to it and be extra careful because there is a baby inside your tummy. Your baby is doing fine, keep it up.”

“Can I know his gender now?” Kai laugh his off when Baekhyun innocently asked that, the doctor laugh a little but composed his self right away.

“No, Mr. Byun. Maybe after a few months. You should search about pregnancy so your friend here wouldn’t laugh at you anymore.” Baekhyun hit Kai’s thigh because of embarrassment and he is pissed.

“Thank you Doctor--- Doctor Kang. Please take care of me and my baby…” Kai and Baekhyun bowed and so does Doctor Kang.

“No problem. I hope to meet the father soon…” Baekhyun slowly nodded and bowed again.

They left the hospital after that and as they walk outside the hospital. They heard someone called them and when they looked back they could see Chen waving his hands.

They decided to not respond so Chen would think that they didn’t hear him. They headed in the Ice Cream parlor nearby because Baekhyun requested it.

They ordered and Kai was the one who paid, being guilty for coming late. They ate their ice creams and talked for about minutes.

“We should go home…” Baekhyun said and Kai agreed.

When they are leaving the said shop, Baekhyun bumped in someone’s chest when he looked at the person, he saw Chen.

“We met again~” Chen happily said but the weird look for seeing Baekhyun and Kai together is noticeable but they both put aside it.

They said their goodbyes and left to prevent some things to happen. Kai accompanied Baekhyun to their home and then he went home.

+++++++++++++++++++++++

“Meet you in lunch.” Kai said to Baekhyun, their lockers are placed beside each other so they met. He bid his good bye to see his boyfriend. Baekhyun on the other hand, made his way to their room.

When class started, Baekhyun is not listening at all. He only thinks about his baby, their baby. Dara is still not on the class so Chanyeol have no seatmate beside him. When he looked to his husband, he thinks of a way on how to tell him and think about his reaction after telling it.

 Kai on his beside him tells him something but he didn’t understand it because his mind is busy thinking of a way and the future.

When class before lunch had ended, Baekhyun went to the comfort room to check his tummy. He lifted up his uniform and rubs his tummy. The smile on his face is the brightest.

+++++++++++++++++++++

One corner of the Cafeteria is being stared at because the best looking boys in their school are sitting there and the noise from there could be heard. 

“Hey, Kai.” Chen called the boy. Kai heard his heart beats fast because he avoids Chen until now.

“Yo.” Kai acted that nothing is wrong, because there is none.

“Where is Baekhyun?” Kai mentally let out a deep breath but his heart is still beating fast.

“I don’t know… Maybe he’s doing something?” Kai wants to congratulate his self for not stuttering.

One thing he hates about this group, well not really. When something talked about something fishy, they would stop their business and will start to listen.

“Well, I saw you both yesterday and I know you saw me too.” Chen calmly said. Kai’s heart fell on the floor. He could see on his peripheral vision that Kyungsoo is looking at him confusedly.

“Oh, Kyungsoo didn’t know? At first, I saw them leaving the hospital, I called their names and they looked back but they ignored me. Then, I saw then leaving the Ice Cream Parlor and we greeted each other but they immediately left… It’s kinda late that time.” Kai wants to punch Chen right now but Chen is Chen. He is made to be like that.

 “Is that the emergency you are telling to me yesterday?” Kai slowly nod his head to answer Kyungsoo.

He wishes right now that Baekhyun would show his self… He needs help.

When he looked up and meet their gazes he saw their curious and confused faces, no one ask a question so he didn’t talk.

“What’s wrong?” Kai finally celebrated in his mind because that voice is owned by the person he needs right now.

He saw Baekhyun sat in front of him, when the boy had already sat on his chair, Chanyeol moved his lips.

“Where were you yesterday?”

“I ate some Ice Cream…” Baekhyun said with a low voice because he could sense that something is going on.

“Alone?” He could feel Chanyeol’s stare, he looked to his front and ask Kai using his eyes but Kai also looks helpless.

“Y-yes…”

“Really?”

“I-I was with Kai… I’m sorry.” Baekhyun sounds sincere, he didn’t know why he is saying sorry but it looks like that he is obligated to say it.

“Why did you lie? Why are you at the hospital yesterday? Why are you saying sorry?”

“Woah, dude. Chill.” Kris stated. Chanyeol ignored him because he waits for Baekhyun’s answer.

“I forgot something at the hospital so, I called Kai to accompany me and then we ate Ice cream…” He lied. Why would he tell the truth at this kind of situation?

“Is that the truth?” Kyungsoo asked his boyfriend, Kai.

“Yes.” Kai seriously answered. He felt guilty but he respects Baekhyun’s decision.

“No.” They all looked at Chen who has his serious face. 

“When you two left the hospital, you were walking slowly and I saw you Kai. You were guiding Baekhyun… more like helping him about something.” Chen said while his hand on his chin, remembering what just happened yesterday.

“Fine. Baekhyun is still kinda sick but he looks fine today. We visited the doctor to check him up.” Kai said, he lied again but this is for the better good.

“Why did you lie? Why don’t you just tell the truth? You’re making it complicated.” Luhan stated, sounding pissed but curious at the same time.

“I just don’t want you to worry…” Baekhyun said.

Baekhyun let out a heavy sigh. He hopes that this will not happen again. He is still not ready. He doesn’t want Kai to lie to his boyfriend again.

He cheered his self up in his mind because his doctor said to not to stress his self up.

He badly wants to see this baby in the near future.

++++++++++++++++++++++++