[ C H A P T E R T H I R T Y S E V E N ]

Being a Park

UNEDITED-- GRAMMATICALLY INCORRECT STATEMENTS ARE PRESENT.

ENJOY! ENJOY! ENJOY! ENJOY! ENJOY! ENJOY!

 


t h i s  i s  t h e  s t a r t  o f  t h e  e n d
•••••

[ C H A P T E R  T H I R T Y  S E V E N ]

"So are we like a thing now?" Taeyeon hesitantly asked while she intertwines her hands with Baekhyun. 

"Baek?" Taeyeon called out again, but the man in front of him seems to be confused of what just happened. She, then, touch Baekhyun's face and looked straightly to his eyes. Taeyeon hopes to see some assurance in Baekhyun's eyes, but there is only regret.

"You... You're regretting it?" Her eyes started to become teary once again. She almost believe that life has given her a happy ending with the man she loves for a long time.

"I-I'm s-sorry. I shouldn't have done this. What we had... It's all in the past. Listen to me okay? This will be a long speech because I want to end the connection between us." Baekhyun placed his hands on Taeyeon's shoulder and let out a deep sigh. When Taeyeon gestured him to continue, he looked down and sadly smiled.

"With you, I realized that pain doesn't give exemptions to anyone. An individual's social status, age, background, or anything does not make him free from the cruel things in this world. I was young and innocent, but I cried hard because of you. But, I did love you. You were gone for a long time, I thought I already buried what we had. When you came back, there was a strange feeling in me that keeps on reminding me some memories I thought I've forgotten. Not until this moment, I really keep on believeing that I still love you... but this isn't love. I know I shouldn't compare, but the feeling is different with Chanyeol. Taeyeon, I'm sorry. I think... I think I just miss you not as a lover... but as you."

Baekhyun has so much things to say. He has realized numerous things now and then, but decided to stop because he knew it would be better to confess his thoughts to Chanyeol. 

Again, he looked at Taeyeon with guilt in his eyes. The woman in front of him deserves to be loved. Although he know nothing about her now, he is certain that she is a great person. 

"... I love you, Baek." 

"You think so? Try to stop thinking that you love me for a while. Maybe the 5-year old Taeyeon was the one who love me and not you. We need to grow from the past, Tae." Baekhyun wiped the tears from Taeyeon's eyes and bitterly smiled. This is going to hurt her, but he can't create a mistake that will ruin every good thing he and Chanyeol have right now.

"Once I got ridden of this feeling, we should be friends." 

"Yeah. I'm giving you 4 months, so you could be the fairy grandmother of my twins. Make sure to spoil them, I heard you're rich." Both of them know that Taeyeon was just trying to break the painful atmosphere, but Baekhyun rides with it.

"You're waiting for Chanyeol, right? Go back to him. It's where you belong." 
"Will you be okay?" 
"Of course I won't, stupid. But I still won't be even if you're here, so leave."

Taeyeon gave him a reassuring smile while trying to be completely broken in front of the man she loves. It is a hopeless case for her and Baekhyun and she wouldn't do any stupid thing again. It only hurts her more. False happiness isn't the thing she wishes to have in her life.

 

"Where were you?" 

"I roamed around, why? You thought I was looking at the both of you like a hurt puppy again? I wouldn't repeat the foolish history again, dumbo." Chanyeol knew that Baekhyun was lying when he avoided his gaze. Why would he force him to tell the truth when he already decided to lie?

"Have you been crying?" Chanyeol asked while eyeing Baekhyun. His eyes were somewhat red and looks sad.

"Yeah... I was worried that you'll kiss her and then you'll be together again." Baekhyun innerly laughed at himself for using his stupidity as an excuse. 

"It's something you'll do with Taeyeon though." Chanyeol said like it's no big deal.

"But I won't because I love you and you love me. Doing that is extremely painful for the both of us." Baekhyun laughs at himself again. What a joke. He's the joker of the town now.

"Not to mention stupid." Chanyeol added.

"Can I be honest?" Baekhyun loses it. He's just trying to make a fool of himself again.

"Who allowed you to lie though? But I won't force you. If you think that lying is necessary, then forget the truth. No one wants to know it anyway." Chanyeol sarcastically remarked. It would be stupid to let this pass, but he also doesn't want to make Baekhyun mad.

"I kissed Taeyeon." 

"And you almost got together, but congratulations, you came back to your senses." It hurts, of course. But would it hurt less if Chanyeol tries to make it sound amusing? 

"How did you—?"
"I told you. It is something you'll do with Taeyeon." Chanyeol can't believe that the negative thought he's been avoiding came true. 

"Yeol, I'm sorry. I'm—
"I like it when you call me Yeol." 
"Stop trying to cut me, will you?" 

Chanyeol looked at Baekhyun. They have been living a pretty dramatic life and he's getting tired of it. Everyone's tired of the drama. Even his favorite drama is no match with ther situation right now. 

"If we talk about it, can we promise each other that this will be the end of our dramatic journey? Can I taste some munchy munchy stuff too?" Again, Chanyeol playfully grins but deep inside, there's a man with big hopes.

"Yes. We'll try all the flavors, but we won't order any drama again." Baekhyun assured him.

"Okay then, Park Baekhyun, my lovingly husband, please end this drama now." They both laughed at the way they speak but at the same time full of hopes that this will really be the end.

"I had negative thoughts regarding our relationship. It's something I tried to ignore but the pain you caused me triggered me to hurt you too. I don't want to lose you but I also want to make it even. I want to see you cry painful tears. I want your heart to be broken continuously. I saw a great opportunity in Taeyeon, she's the perfect piece to carry out that plan. But, I... Like you said, I came back to my senses. Hahahaha. . I feel so ashamed of myself for thinking those." 

Although Chanyeol was fully aware of how Baekhyun was trying to hurt him, it still affects him when it directly came from Baekhyun's mouth. In this moment, he has to have a great understanding towards Baekhyun's thoughts. He can't be mad at him. Love was so tricky to them. 

"Baek... Stop."
"I want us to give our proper wedding vows to each other." Chanyeol added. When they got married, their vows were scripted and it weren't even written by them. Their families don't want that simple yet powerful thing to cause a problem, so they did it themselves and handed it to the couple.

"Should you be the first one, my Baekhyun?" Baekhyun nodded and smiled at Chanyeol. This time it would be genuine. This time what they have is love and not anger. 

"Park Chanyeol, I-I'm nervous. I don't know how to do wedding vows...I have so much to say, but I love you. The day you approached me when we were younger was a blessed day for me. I met the man who'll complete me. I trust this relationship. I trust us. Things would be hard for us because we're still on the midst of figuring things out like the thing we like and maybe even our personalities, but I will never leave you. We would grow together, but we'll also have identities of our own. I will love you the way you wanted to be loved. I know I'm being a mess and what I'm saying is completely nonsense... Chanyeol I can't—" 

"It's perfect. Just say the words directly from your heart... Those are the realest ones. I don't care if they are messy and it makes sense, Baekhyun." Chanyeol kisses his forehead and like Baekhyun, he's starting to cry too.

This maybe a bittersweet moment, but Chanyeol is thankful because now, they're finally letting themselves to love each other without any conditions and hatred. Now, they're only remembering the past.

"I love you. I hope it's not unfair for you... Like I am so happy with you, but sometimes I am thinking if you're receiving the same amount of happiness too. You're making me feel anxious most of the time, but Chanyeol you're worth it. You're worth the pain and wait. I am owning this now— we will be the best parents for our twins. Chanyeol, I swear I have so much to say, but why can't I put them into words? I want to tell you how much I love you and that I appreciate you, but no words are coming out from my peanut brain. Is this how wedding vows are done? Why does it seems so perfect in movies?" 

Baekhyun buried his face on Chanyeol's chest, hugs him, and mouthed lots of "I'm such an embarrassment" while the taller man grins and planted kissed on Baekhyun's head.

"I like it pure, just like you." 
"Shall I say mine while we're in this munchy munchy position?" Baekhyun nodded. It would feel good to hear Chanyeol's vows while his also listening to the man's fast and loud heartbeats. 

"When I first met you, it was amusing. A five year old kid crying because he and his girlfriend have broken up? Damn. I just wanted to be friends, you know? Our marriage was planned, but my feelings are not. This is all unplanned, but I realized that being spontaneous is genuine. I hated you because I thought you ended my life, but you are just the beginning of all the rainbows and unicorns. You taught me numerous things that I'll carry until my life ends. You helped me sort out my feelings. I learned to appreciate life because of you. I love you, damn you. I really do love you and I will show it to you using my way in every moments of our lives." 

Baekhyun could feel that Chanyeol was nervous like he was. Like Baekhyun, Chanyeol has lots of things to say but everything went chaotic yet beautiful; none of them complained. 

"I may now kiss you." Chanyeol announces.
"You may now kiss me." 

And they kissed. 

"How can you kiss me after kissing Taeyeon?" Chanyeol joked, so Baekhyun immediately wiped his mouth.

"You didn't kiss Dara?"
"I didn't. Are you trying to make yourself feel that we're even? Aaaah, my husband is so competitive." 

And they laughed.

This isn't a proper wedding, but to them this is perfect. There are no visitors, families, or priest... the venue itself isn't proper, but the most important thing is their presence with their unconditional love. This isn't the end of all the sad moments, however, this time, they would face it together with full determination that their love and commitment would be enough to kiss their problems good bye.

"I love you, Park Chanyeol."
"I love you, Park Baekhyun." 

Once again, they kissed like it would never end. Not all couples are lucky enough to conquer the hardships they're facing, and not everyone are lucky enough to find the right person at a very young age. Chanyeol and Baekhyun's story might not be the happiest nor the saddest, it will surely be a good memory to remember when they got old.

Their relationship isn't perfect. As a matter of fact, it was cringey and immature, but those didn't make a way to ruin their relationship, almost yes... But, it only make their love for each other stronger. A love that can never be ended. 

"Baek? We never really had our honeymoon."
"I'm already pregnant, what's more to ask?"
"Our honeymoon? Hehe."

•••••
t h i s  i s  a  g o o d  b y e