[C H A P T E R S E V E N T H T E E N ]

Being a Park

UNEDITED-- GRAMMATICALLY INCORRECT STATEMENTS ARE PRESENT.

ENJOY! ENJOY! ENJOY! ENJOY! ENJOY! ENJOY!

[C H A P T E R S E V E N T H T E E N]

 

Baekhyun looked at to his phone; it says 5:30 a.m. He woke up earlier than before. He plans on going back to sleep but then his phone starts to alarm and he saw the reminder saying: 'Wake up Sleepyhead~ Today is the competition. Please work hard.'

He tried to stand up but he feels that his body is heavy and he don't know why. He wants to sleep for a million years and he thinks it still not enough.

"Five minutes. Give me more Five minutes. I'll just go---" He immediately stood up when he felt that something was coming out from his throat. He went to the bathroom sink and throw up like there's no tomorrow.

He felt worse than ever. He leaned back to the bathroom's wall and breathes in and out. His body feels heavier, his head is spinning like hell, and all in all he feels like hell. But he keeps reminding his self that it's not the right time to rest because today is the competition and he should exert more effort for disappointing Kai yesterday.

He washed his face once again and went out from his room. He saw Chanyeol eating his breakfast but he didn't want to talk so he just sat in his chair and started eating.

'What time does Chanyeol woke up? I know that he's the one who cooked this...'

"What's wrong with you? It will take forever for you to finish your food if you eat like that!" Chanyeol is not shouting. He sounded like a nagging boyfriend but Baekhyun is numb to feel it because he feels extremely sick today.

Baekhyun only looked at Chanyeol. His husband looks like he doesn't want what he just saw. His expression is a combination of anger, shocked, concerned and confused.

"What is happening to you?" Is all what he could say.

"I-I don't know..."

Chanyeol says something but Baekhyun didn't hear him. After forever minutes, Baekhyun is finally done eating his breakfast. He stood up and went back to his room to take a bath and fix his self.

Even though he woke up so early, he is still late. He is now walking (slowly) in the school's hallways when he bumped to Kai.

"There you are! We should start practicing, I am so excited yet nervous today Byun! Today is the day that we will..."

"Are you okay?" Kai finished his sentenced looking worried. Baekhyun just nodded and smiled. He needs to be better today because when this day end, he will sleep like there's no tomorrow.

"O-okay. We should head to the practice room before someone occupies it~" Kai sounded like those girls out there but he didn't mind it... not at all.

They came to the place, Kai started to set up the speakers and everything. Baekhyun is lying on the room's cold floor, his mind drifting back to dreamland.

"Y-yah! BYUUUUUUN~ Wake up!" Baekhyun lazily stood up and positioned his self.

Their body started to move, Baekhyun wants to congratulate his self for doing great. He didn't know to his self that he could dance this good or maybe Kai is just a great instructor.

They will not only dance one song. The songs that they'll dance later have different genres. So they could show to the judges that they can dance the different types of music.

"You got better than yesterday! But we need to give ourselves some rest especially you. You didn't look so fine at all." Kai started sounding a very proud bestfriend and ended up sounding concerned.

"Have you eaten already? I forgot to eat this morning and I'm hungry as hell." Kai continued while rubbing his tummy.

"Then let's eat~!" Baekhyun responded, trying to sound that he is fine.

They practiced for straight 2 and a half hours and it is really the right time to eat because lunch is coming already.

They have no classes for the whole day because the teachers and staffs thinks that they should ready theirselves so they would do better at the contests.

+++++++++++++++++++++++

This is happening at the same time....

The group didn't join in any events today. Not that they didn't care about their grades but they're just too lazy to give it a try.

The students started to go crazy when as they walked to the cafeteria, the place looks like their place to get along. It is the perfect place for them because the food is near.

"What's new?" Luhan started, Sehun hugging him and cupping his face as he talk. As what Suho stated not-so-long-ago they are all gay for someone, maybe that's the reason why they are perfect to be friends.

"Is it new that Kai and Baekhyun is not with us again? They've been busy for something, not giving us any single clue." Xiumin, Luhan's closest friend answered.

"Then why don't you stalk them so you would now?" Chen said with his teasing voice. He is courting the said boy, he acts so playful with their friends around but when it's just the two of them, Chen is a boy with a sweetheart.

"Would you join me if ever?" Xiumin asked. He loves Chen but his mind tells him to play not-easy-to-get.

"I will!" Chen answered right away.

"Aargh. Chen let's exchanged sits so you could be beside Xiumin and I could sit beside Kris." Tao said, joining the conversation. Chen excitedly stood up and went to the chair where Tao used to sit on. As soon as he sat, he kissed Xiumin's cheek that made the boy blushed.

"Cute~"

"Do you want to visit the mall later?" Tao looks so surprised. Kris is the one who asked him if he wants to go to the mall---a date! He thinks. Usually, he will be the one who will beg Kris to go shopping but not today!

"Yes, I would looooove to." Tao answered to his boyfriend with a girly voice and his boyfriend just chuckled and feed him.

"They're acting so sweet towards each other... I feel old already." Suho said, giving Lay some hints. It didn't work at all. He tried. At least he tried.

"YAH! LAY I'M GIVING YOU SOME HINTS!" Lay came back to reality, typical Lay. He looks to someone who said his name and saw Suho pouting his lips, he suddenly feels like kissing the boy.

"S-sorry..." They've been together last summer. Suho is the bottom and Lay plays the man role.

"Tsss. If only Kai was here..." Kyungsoo said out of the blue. He wandered his eyes and saw the couples acting so lovey dovey to each other. He saw Chanyeol not giving any single to them. He is just staring at the Cafeteria's door like he's waiting for someone to come in.

"I know that no one would care but Dara is still absent." He added.

"Yeah, so you shouldn't waste your voice speaking some nonsense things." Tao replied with a bored or not interested look. Kyungsoo rolled his eyes, failing to change the atmosphere.

"Where is Baekhyun?" Kyungsoo asked, turning his attention to Chanyeol. He is not that concerned because he knows that Baekhyun is with Kai at this moment. He doesn't feel jealous at all because he knows to his self that Kai is preparing something and he trusts the both of them.

"You should ask your boyfriend and not me." Chanyeol plainly answered. Kyungsoo gave up. There's no one to talk here without him getting irritated.

"Finally." All the attention went to Chanyeol who is looking at the newcomers--- Kai and Baekhyun.

He didn't sound excited, happy or waiting at all. He exerts no emotion in saying the word.

They saw Kai walking with a little jumping; they think they just saw the gayest Kai ever. Baekhyun on the other hand, looks normal but at the same time not.

They reached their table, Kai sat beside Kyungsoo and Baekhyun sat beside Kai with no one on his left and Chanyeol on his front.

"I'm huuuuuuuuuuungry." Kai blurted out as he sat on his chair. After some seconds, he stood up and went to the counter to buy his food.

"Does he also act like that a while ago?" Kyungsoo asked Baekhyun.

"Yes. It's a little bit irritating though I want to film him and make him watch his self acting like a girl or what you want to think it." Baekhyun said his plan. He feels better because he finally have this time to rest. He's still trying to put aside his condition.

"Hey, what have you been doing this past few day?" Luhan asked curiously. His patience is coming to its end and he could do nothing about it.

"Ask Kai." Baekhyun plainly answered.

"I heard my name." Kai said who just came in.

"Oh, do you have some plans today? If not, please watch the Dance competition later because Baekhyun and I is one of the contestants~"

"I'm sorry but I think I didn't hear it right. Please say it again." Luhan said, not believing to what Kai just said.

"I said we joined the---"

"So, I heard it right." Luhan said, cutting what Kai will say.

"Not intending to offend the both of you but can you dance? If yes, is it enough to join the competition?" Sehun asked, he is a dancer himself and by looking at Baekhyun and Kai he thinks that the both of them can dance but not enough to join the said event.

"We will not join if we can't." Kai answered in the most cheerful way. Baekhyun is not reacting to the situation, he feels shy about it.

"I've never seen you dance before."

The table went quiet. Baekhyun looked up to Chanyeol and saw his husband confusedly looking at him.

"I... ahm. Watch us perform later so you could see me dance..." Baekhyun answered, trying not to stutter.

"Awkward." Chen said, breaking the ice.

"CHEN!"

"What?" Chen asked the boy beside him, Xiumin with an innocent tone. We all know that Chen is just acting innocent here.

"Aaargh. Nothing."

'So, is it a part of your surprise?' Kyungsoo's hand is shaking as he texts Kai. He feels excited yet nervous to it.

Kai felt his cell phone vibrated and he saw Kyungsoo's text to him. They are just sitting beside each other and if they talk about it with those dorks around, they would especially Chen.

'Kyu, I joined to this competition to show you my talent. Later, I want you to think that you're the one that I'm thinking as I dance. And don't expect too high at my surprise, it is just simple though I'm hoping that you'll like it. I'm not expecting to win because I just want to surprise you...'

"Who are you texting? You're blushing so hard!" Suho asked Kyungsoo who is in front of him. Kyungsoo lowered down his head to hide his face and Kai smirked because he knows the reason why.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Kai and Baekhyun went back to practice while the other roamed around the school together, trying to kill their boredom.

They went to the Cooking club, they're having a cooking contest there and the contestants are having a free taste of their dish to gain some votes. When they had decided to vote randomly, Kyungsoo scolded them and gave them some lectures. They'd just realized that Kyungsoo loves cooking and he took the contest seriously.

After visiting the cooking club, they granted Luhan's wish to watch the soccer competition even though they have no interest to it. They peacefully watch the game for ten minutes until boredom came in to their minds.

Yawning, ‘When will this end?’, ‘I can’t understand any single thing.’, ‘They’re doing it repeatedly.’ can be heard from the group. Luhan and Xiumin were the only one who is enjoying the game.

“GO YELLOW TEEEEEEEEEEAM!!!” Chen shouted, he doesn’t know the group’s name so he just shouted their team color. All of the faces turned to him but he pays no attention to them.

 

You know what’s wrong?

 

Chen is shouting the team that Luhan told them to not support. Chen is bored, that’s his reasons. He wants to make Luhan and Xiumin angry.

 

“WOOOOAAAAAH! TAKE THAT YOU !” Chen continues.

 

“Oh, this is not good...” Tao said because he could see Luhan’s blood rising to his face. Sehun is trying to calm his pissed boyfriend because of Chen.

 

When Chen saw the outcome, he feels proud to his self.

 

“We need to leave.” Xiumin stated.

 

Others thanked Chen because finally they are leaving the boring competition while the others sent him some good luck because he ruined Luhan’s mood.

 

They went to different clubs with different contest, now they are here to watch the singing contest. Chen and Kyungsoo are seriously watching the contestants.

 

 “It’s getting boring, let’s go get out from here.” Luhan stated as he faked a yawned.

 

Chen and Kyungsoo looks like a sad puppy and Luhan could only smile because he won this time around. They headed to the theatre room to watch the student’s play but after ten minutes they got bored and left.

 

They’d decided to eat first before going to the Dance competition, they want to send some good luck to Kai and Baekhyun first but the food called them.

 

“We should sit near the door so, if they went wrong we could leave immediately.” Kris stated. They all nodded to what the boy said. They haven’t seen the two dance so you don’t expect them to believe right away.

 

“They will be singing while dancing, I never heard them sing before…” Kyungsoo stated, looking nervous.

 

“Well, I’ve heard Baekhyun sing before and he’s pretty good.” Chanyeol plainly said.

 

“How ‘bout Kai?” They all turned their attention to Kyungsoo. He just shook his head as a sign of no and they all sighed.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

“Kai, I quit!”

 

“You know you can’t…” Kai said looking nervous than ever.

 

“Where is the jolly Kai a while ago?” Baekhyun teased.

 

They are here in the backstage, hiding to all of the contestants because they are wearing some embarrassment clothes.

 

“That doesn’t exist anymore. You should take medicine, you’re pale. Extremely pale…” Kai commanded. Baekhyun only sighed. He’s trying to forgot of what he feels right now, it gotten worse. His head is aching like there’s no tomorrow and his body felt heavier than ever.

 

“Here, take this.” Kai gave him the medicine and he immediately took it.

 

“We should do our best, okay? We’re not planning to win but to make my Kyungsoo happy.” Kai reminded him for the hundredth times this day.

 

 

After 30 minutes, the group decided to leave the cafeteria to find good seats in the event place, they were just joking a while ago. Some jokes are half meant…

 

They found a comfortable place where they could see the whole stage with a nice view, not so far and not so close. They started to make theirselves busy before the competition starts.

 

“A pleasant evening to all of you, I am Mr. Kim Heechul the master of ceremony tonight. Today, we will see the contestant’s hard works and presentation of them dancing while singing. May the best win and good luck to all of you. Thank you.”

 

“Thank God he doesn’t say too much flowery words.” Sehun said.

 

In all the contests that they visited, this has the shortest speech ever and they are to sick of all the words that they are saying.

 

The contest got their attention; all of the performers have their own style and appeal. Sehun is seriously watching along with Tao.

 

“They are pretty good…”

“I wonder what the two will do…”

“Remember guys, Run immediately if they went wrong.”

 

“Again, let’s give a round of applause to Ms. Kim Hyoyeon and Mr. Lee Taemin…”

 

“Now, we will see the performance of Mr. Kim Jongin and Mr. Byun Baekhyun… Give them a round of applause!”  It took forever before Kai and Baekhyun’s name got called.

 

Baekhyun heard his heart beats faster than before, Kai breathes deeply and mouthed ‘good luck’ to Baekhyun.

 

“We still have some time, let’s leave.” Suho nervously said but no one leaves because they want to see them perform too.

 

“Don’t forget to film them, okay?” Chen said.

 

The stage went dark and a shadow of one person came in. Kai is in the chair sitting like a crazy man. His clothes were intentionally wrecked and his expression so unusual for them to see.

 

Kai started to movie his lips and body, there is a music playing but his voice can still be heard.

 

‘neoreul galmang
gasicheoreom dotchyeobeorin

gieokdeureul jalla
ara da neukkyeojyeo
seoseohi jugeogago itdaneun geol’

 

The crowd went silent not because of boredom but they were too amazed of Kai to make a sound.

 

‘neon eodum soge bitnaneun wolgwang
sarajigo neon, nan jjochagatji Run
chagaun simjang, neoran Thunder
geurigo namgyeojin heunjeok L.O.V.E
nan imi nege jungdok

‘neon imi naege jungdog’

“He’s good…”
“I didn’t expect to see that Kai…”

Kai left the stage and again, the stage went black.

After some minutes, the intro of a bright song started to play and the members expression can’t be describe.

“No way… Let’s leave!”
“Film him!”
“This is the embarrassment that I’m talking about.”

The dark started to fade away and they could see a boy dressed up like a girl facing his back to the audience. He has some backup dancers to fill the stage to make it better.

‘Seulpeohajima no no no honjaga anya no no no
Eonjenanana naege hangsang bichi dwae jun geudae
Nae soneul jabayo ije jigeum dagawa gidae
Eonjena himi dwae julge


Baekhyun started to sing while cutely dancing, his expressions melted the hearts of the students watching him… He is just so cute too handle.

 

“Film this kind of Baekhyun!!!”
“He looks like a girl… A real girl…”

 

‘Gakkeumssigeun geudaedo himdeungayo
Geureoke honja seulpeohamyeon eotteokhae
Hana dulssik buri kkeojyeoganeun gonggan soge
Naega neol bichwojulge’

 

As time pass by, Baekhyun felt his body failing him but he put it aside. He continued to sing and act cute in front of everyone.

 

Kyungsoo on the other hand, were nervous and curious of what the surprise might be. Though he is enjoying what he is watching at this moment.

 

‘Gajang naege himi dwae jueotdeon
Nareul eonjena mideojudeon geudae
Dadeul geumanhae rago malhal ttae
Majimak niga barabol sarang ijen naega dwae julge



The crowd went crazy as Baekhyun sang the high note, the members expression is priceless. They didn’t expect that Baekhyun is this good at sounding like a girl.

 

‘Seulpeohajima no no no honjaga anya no no no
Eonjenanana naege hangsang bichi dwae jun geudae
Nae soneul jabayo ije jigeum dagawa gidae (i love you)
Eonjena himi dwae julge


As Baekhyun finished the song with an aegyo move, the stage went dark again. It took five minutes when they finally hear the music play again.

 

“They’re dancing this?”
“Could they dance a song with hard steps?”

 

‘Yo, okay

Na hoksi molla gyeonggohaneunde (jaldeureo)
Jigeum wiheomhae (so dangerous)
Jakku nareul jageukhajima (geunilla)
Nado nal molla’


The crowd went crazy as they started to move their body, they were killing it.

 

“They’re better than I expected…”
“I want to join them too…”

 

‘Geomeun geurimja nae ane kkaeeona
Neol boneun du nune bulkkochi twinda
Geunyeo gyeoteseo modu da mulleona
Ijen jogeumssik sanawojinda’

 

Baekhyun felt his condition got worse but as he look on the crowd he think that it is worth it. He looks to the place where they friends were sitting and give them a wink.

 

“Baekhyun have many sides and I love this kind of him.”
“I want to take him home…”

 

Kyungsoo’s face is covered with amusement, he felt proud. He wants to make an extremely big banner that says ‘Proud Boyfriend here!’ But he suddenly remembers that they are not public yet...


‘Na eureureong eureureong eureureong dae
Na eureureong eureureong eureureong dae
Na eureureong eureureong eureureong daeNeo mulleoseoji anheumyeon dachyeodo molla’

 

The song has ended, and for the third time, the stage went black again.

 

“To the boy who stole my heart...”

 

Kyungsoo’s heart beats faster and he thinks he heard the every ‘pump’ sound of it.

 

“To the boy who makes my life complete, to the boy who’s the reason of my smile, to the boy whom I willing to do everything just to make him happy, to the boy who I love very much, to the boy who named Do Kyungsoo… this is for you.”

 

“Is that Kai speaking?” Luhan asked Sehun.

“Yes, I think he prepared this for a long time.”

 

The VCR started to play; photos of them could be seen with some sweet messages with it. Photos of their 1st month, of their first date, of Kyungsoo sleeping while Kai is smiling on the camera… It’s all different photos that contains story with it.

 

The students started to scream because of too much sweetness, Kyungsoo is on the verge of crying. This is one of his simple dreams, to make their relationship public but this surprise is giving him too much happiness.

 

‘People say we shouldn’t be together
We're too young to know about forever
But I say they don’t know what they talk talk talkin’ about’

 


Kai started to sing as he comes out from the backstage, he slowly moves his body, following the rhythm of the sweet song.

 

‘Cause this love is only getting stronger
So I don’t wanna wait any longer
I just wanna tell the world that you're mine girlll
Ohh’

 

Baekhyun show his self to the crowd, forcing his self to smile but it looks so natural to the people who saw it.

 

‘They don’t know about the things we do
They don’t know about the I love you’s
But I bet you if they only knew
They will just be jealous of us
They don’t know about the up all night’s
They don’t know I've waited all my life
Just to find a love that feels this right’

 

They both sang the lines while dancing, Kai looking at Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo couldn’t help it anymore; he covered his face to and started to cry. The happiness that’s flowing in his body is too much that tears started to come out.

 

Kai looked panicked for a second but Kyungsoo looked up to him and smiled the smile that killed Kai many times.

 

‘They don’t know what we do best
That’s between me and you our little secret’

 

Kai started to walk towards Kyungsoo as he said those lines. His now standing in front of Kyungsoo, he guided his boyfriend to stand up and come with him to the stage.

 

‘But I wanna tell em
I wanna tell the world that you're mine girl’

 

Baekhyun started to sing his line, exerting more effort because he could see the people becoming two. He closed his eyes and shook his head and smiled again as he open his eyes.

 

‘They don’t know about the things we do
They don’t know about the I love you’s
But I bet you if they only knew
They will just be jealous of us
They don’t know about the up all night’s
They don’t know I've waited all my life
Just to find a love that feels this right’

‘Baby they don’t know about
They don’t know about us’

‘They don’t know about us
They don’t know about us’

 

Kai let his forehead touched Kyungsoo’s as he said the line with all his heart. Kyungsoo is still crying and Baekhyun only smiled at couple.

 

Baekhyun put his mike towards his mouth and started to chant the couple’s name.

“KAISOO! KAISOO! KAISOO!”

 

The students chant along with him, Kai leaned to Kyungsoo’s lips and give it a peck that lasted for second. The crowd went crazier at the sudden move. Kai bent down on his knees and looked up to Kyungsoo.

 

“Would you like to marry me in the near future?” Kai seriously asked.

“I love you Kai… Yes.”

 

Kai put the ring on Kyungsoo’s finger and smiled because it fits.

 

Baekhyun smiled to them but his dizziness went worse, he slowly walks towards the couple to ask for their help but the darkness ate him.