[C H A P T E R E I G H T]

Being a Park

UNEDITED-- GRAMMATICALLY INCORRECT STATEMENTS ARE PRESENT.

ENJOY! ENJOY! ENJOY! ENJOY! ENJOY! ENJOY!

[C H A P T E R E I G H T]

As I have made it to School I went to our room immediately. I want to take Kyungsoo’s advice:

‘Say sorry to him personally.’

I reached our room and sat in my chair but I’m surprised to see Kyungsoo as my seatmate… It was suppose to be Kai.

“Looking for Kai?” Kyungsoo asked showing no emotions or expressions at all.

“No… I’m not.” I plainly answered.          

“Are you really trying to lie to me? To the Do Kyungsoo?” He questioned; voice slightly raising as well as his right eyebrow.

Maybe I really can’t lie to him. To the Do Kyungsoo.

“Well yes I’m looking for him but I could just talk to him later.”

“Talk to him when he’s with me. Are we clear?” He’s really mad at me… More like really jealous at me.

I nodded to what he says and turned my attention to the teacher speaking in front.

It’s now our lunch time and it’s kind of awkward because Kyungsoo’s walking with me. I’m walking with the Do Kyungsoo. People started to notice and give us attention. Crap. I don’t want this to happen.

To make it worse, he also sat in the same table with me.

“BAEKHYUN!” Guess who, I think it’s not Kai. Mark the sarcasm.

“Why?” Is that for me or for Kyungsoo? He’s kinda surprised—He is surprised when he saw Kyungsoo with me.

“Why are you here? You should be sitting with them. It’s not—”

“Are you pushing me away so you could have a ‘solo-time’ with him? And is it wrong to sit with my boyfriend?” Kyungsoo said, cutting what Kai is saying.

“No! It’s just that people will start to notice us and—”

“So you’re pushing me away.”

“And you’re not proud of me, to your boyfriend.” He doesn’t sound sad at all… He is irritated, I think.

“Will you please let me finish myself before you talk?” Kai pleaded. Kyungsoo doesn’t answer, maybe silence means yes.

“I’m just concern to you. You’re famous here and I’m not that popular. If people start to notice us, it’s the start of bashful comments too. I want us to be public when I have a thing in myself that I could be proud of and you could be proud of .So that people will not say that you’re not just with me, Kim Jongin. You’re with the Kim Jongin.”

“A-ahm… There’s something that Baekhyun wants to tell you, right?” Kyungsoo says, changing the topic.

He’s so speechless in what Kai says. I don’t know that Kai could be deeper that Adele rolling. I’ll note that.

“Y-yes! I just want to say sorry for running away. Your words hits me, it’s the sad truth that I need to accept. Thank you for--”

“You’re the one who hits yourself. I just say the words that will make you hit yourself.” Well, I can’t say no to that. He just ruined the atmosphere.

“Are you done?” Kyungsoo asked to me.

“Yes. I’m done.”

“So could you two cut the connections with each other?”

“No…”

“Why? Do you love him? Am I not enough?” Kyungsoo asked Kai… Now he’s sad.

“I’m not and will never replace you in my heart, Soo. Baek is my friend so I can’t just leave him…”

“There’s many person out there that you could be friend…”

“But they are not Baekhyun. Please stop worrying. You already have my heart and Baekhyun’s married to Chanyeol already. And there’s something that we need to do as a team… We will prepare for it for everyday until that day comes.” Huh?

“What is that? Is that enough to ditch your boyfriend?” Kyungsoo asked sounding jealous.

“I’m not ditching you, not yet. But I really can’t tell you Soo. It’s a best friend’s thing.” Kai teased.

“I love you and don’t ever forget that. Trust me, always.” He added. Okay, I look like watching some romantic movie here.

“But I can’t trust him.” Okay that hurts but I’ll let it pass for everyone’s sake.

“Okay. I’m fine with it, what’s important here is you trust me and it’s enough. We’re leaving. Good Bye. I love you.” How important is that that Kai does not wait for Kyungsoo’s answer?

Lunch is not finished yet and I don’t know where Kai is taking me.

“You know what you shouldn’t be here today. You shouldn’t attend classes today. My plan is I’ll just text or call you if you could attend already.”

“Am I missing something Kai?” I asked confusedly.

“Nothing.”

“You know the song? Nothing is something, Kai.”

“Fine. You saw that girl?” I looked at where Kai is pointing at and I saw the girl… The girl is with Chanyeol, with my husband having a good time. How could she make him laugh like that? Why is it hurting me?

“W-who is she?”

“She’s Dara, Chanyeol’s girlfriend before you.”

-------