[C H A P T E R E L E V E N]

Being a Park

UNEDITED-- GRAMMATICALLY INCORRECT STATEMENTS ARE PRESENT.

ENJOY! ENJOY! ENJOY! ENJOY! ENJOY! ENJOY!

 

[C H A P T E R E L E V E N]

I’ve been thinking of this for hours. I know something that will make me busy but I’m still not sure about it. 

Chanyeol just got home and I don’t go down just to see him. Like what I said, I don’t want him to think that I’m desperate. He doesn’t even know that I love him.

Shall I call him or not? But this is the only way.

 

After ten minutes of thinking I have decided to call Kai. Yes. You know why.

[What do you want?] Oh, it’s Kyungsoo.

“I need to talk to Kai…” I answered.

[Talk to him tomorrow. I’m ending the call. Bye.]

I really can’t understand him but he makes me feel amused. The way he shows his jealousy to me is so funny.

I stopped thinking the KaiSoo couple when someone knocks on my door. Who could it be? Park Chanyeol of course.

I opened the door and saw him standing with his pajamas on. Is there something I did today? Is it about a while ago?

“Is there something you need?” I gently asked him.

“Did they say something about Dara?” Oh, Dara again…

“Nothing. They’re just curious… you understood what I’m saying, right?” I’m curious too, Yeol.

“But, I managed to cover it up.” I smiled as I say it.

“What exactly did you say?” He went inside to my room and sat on my bed. So, this conversation will be long, I guess?

“Ahm… That you two were just friends and you just need time to be together?” Yes. I lied.

“Do you who Dara is?” He asked. Yes Yeol. I know her, I know everything about you, Yeol.

“Y-your friend?” I lied again. Yeol did not say anything for seconds. He is just staring in the floor.

“Right. She’s just my friend.” And he left.

Wait. What? He does not sound sad at all more like confirming something.

‘She’s just my friend.’ What’s the meaning of the ‘just’ in the sentence?

You’re making me confuse Yeol. I hate you.

=======

Next day came and after I ready myself for School I immediately look for Kai. I need to talk to him about something.

“KAI!” I bowed to every student in the hallway for making then stopped and looked at me.

“What is it?” He asked.

“Good morning by the way. You’re not wearing your eyeliner huh.” He teased.

I will not wear that thing again. Not after what happened yesterday.

“There’s something that I need to say… Is it okay for you to be late in class?” I asked him, Kai is really not that serious in studying so I’m pretty sure that he’ll say yes.

“Is that important?”

“Kinda.”

“Well then let’s be late for class!” He happily said and I told him that we should go in the Cafeteria first.

“So what is it that you want to tell?” He excitedly asked.

“Do you want to eat?” I hesitantly asked.

“Just go to the point Byun.” Byun? Sounds new.

“Kim.”

“You’re funny.” And he laughed.

“So, your offer… I-I want to join in the competition…” I said with a low voice and eyes looking down.

“Did I hear it correctly?” He looks like he does not believed in what I say.

“No.”

“THANK YOU BYUN! THANK YOU! Let’s sign up in the contest!” He grabbed my arm and walked to the Faculty room.

“Do you need something?” The teacher asked.

“I just want to tell you that we’re joining the contest.” Kai said with a smile on his face.

The teacher gets our information and gave us something.

----------

Were both late in class, as expected.  When we entered the room, the teacher stopped talking and the students started to look at us.

“Why are you two late?” The teacher asked.

“We went to the faculty room and did something there.” Kai replied.

“Mind to tell me what is it Mr. Kim?” Our teacher said. Kai walked to the teacher and showed him the paper that the teacher gave us in the Faculty room a while ago.

Our teacher nodded so, we sat down. Chanyeol’s friends are asking for an explanation but we ignore it except for Kyungsoo of course.

Kai is the one who explained it to Kyungsoo.  I looked at Chanyeol to check if he is doing fine and to my surprise he is also looking at me.

We looked to each other for like twenty seconds until Dara talked to him. What just happened? What’s the meaning of that?

I want to forget you but why are you acting so strange?

-----------

Lunch came. Nothing’s new except that Dara is seating with us.

I’m seating beside Kai. I’m at the edge of the table so there’s no one in my left.

“So, what song will we dance?” He asked.

“You decide and just teach me the steps.”

“You haven’t read the paper that the teacher gave us right?” Kai asked seriously.

“N-no.”

“We will be singing while dancing Byun!” He said with a low voice not wanting to get the attention of others.

“You’re kidding.” I said.

“I quit.” I seriously said.

“You’re kidding.”

“No I’m not. You don’t say to me that we need to sing too.”  I said.

“It’s not my fault that you don’t read the paper!” He sounds pissed off.

“That does not change my mind though.” I said and continued eating again.

“BYUN!” He shouted. Now, we have the attention.

“KIM!” I shouted back.  I stood up and ready to leave when he grabbed my arm and made me sit.

“No you’re not leaving and we’ll make this clear you smurf.”

“DID YOU JUST CALL ME SMURF YOU TANNED SKIN MAN?” I shouted back while standing. I felt my face getting red because of Kai.

“Yes I just did.” He ended it with an evil smirk that made me angrier. What is wrong with him?

“What the hell is your problem?!” I asked him angrily.

“You! How could you do that to me? It’s not my fault that you don’t read that ing paper!”

The others just stopped eating and started to watch us. But that does not stop me from being piss.

“So you’re cussing me now!”

“It’s not you. It’s the paper, stupid.”

“Yeah. the hell out of you Kim.”

“Woaw. The both of you calm down. No cussing! Tell us what’s happening.” We both sat down and calm our selves following what Suho said.

“We’re joining in a competition.” Kai just said. I signaled him to not tell the whole story because that would be embarrassing. 

“That’s it?”

“That’s it.”

“You’ve names to each other huh.” Kyungsoo said sounding angry.

“It’s not what you think Soo.” Kai said.

“You don’t know what I am thinking Kai. Kim and Byun? Not bad. “

Kai just sighed and I feel guilty for him.

“Your group is cute Yeol especially that Kim and Byun.” Everyone stopped and the silence came in.

“Are they always like that?” She added.

“Yes.” Yeol replied. 

“Are they new to this group? I did not saw them the last time we met.”

“Yes.”

“Do you know how it feels again Baek?” Kyungsoo asked.

“Yes.” I said.

And it hurts. 

------