Daehyun.

My Love {CLOSED}

 

POV

I sighed as I walked along the Waikiki shore. The warm, golden sand brushing against the soles of my feet.

I held my phone away from my body as I neared the water. It was vibrating once again in my hand—a call from none other than….

My good friend’s father….

 

 

I couldn’t believe myself when I first started working behind my friend’s back… He was my hyung, my friend, my role model… I respected everything about him. And he trusted me with everything.

I knew that I was putting our friendship and trust on the line when I took up his father’s offer.

 

But…

I had to do it.

 

Because… I finally put the puzzles together. I figured out who his wife was. It hit me strong when we were in the mall. Sure, I was working for Yongguk’s father before that… Just a day after their marriage, I was called in.

She was the one…. The one I’ve been looking for. The one I couldn’t bury with the rest of my past.

She was special..

She was the one that came into my life like a beautiful butterfly, then disappear the next day.

She was the one that taught my heart how to race, she taught me what it feels like to be…

In love.

 

I met her when I was only 13—almost ten years ago. I ended up in the emergency room, all thanks to my unstoppable eating habits.

I ended up with a stomach infection and had to get it removed through surgery.

It was my second day at the hospital when Heavens decided to let her enter my life…

END POV

 

FLASHBACK

“Hurry! Lay her down on the empty bed over there!!”

The young Daehyun sat up, looking around in wonder at the many doctors running around in the emergency room. His curious, round eyes expanding to its limits when he saw a bed being rolled in. His mouth fell open as his eyes fell down to a young girl….

Her pale, white skin dripping in dark, red blood. The white sheets also stained with it.

The tips of her hair seemed like they were burnt all the way to her scalp.

Daehyun’s face was quickly turned away from the scene as his mother grabbed the sides of his head.

“Don’t look at that,” She blatantly stated.

Daehyun frowned, “She’s a GIRL. NOT ‘that’, Mom..”

He turned his head back, just in time to see the doctors life you onto one of the emergency beds.

“Second degree burn! She was in the fires!! Name, age, address all unidentified. Get one of the surgery operating rooms opened! She needs immediate care!” Daehyun heard one of the doctors yell out.

Daehyun watched the whole scene unfold in front of him. His eyes finally rested on your face. Even with barely any hair, face melting; Daehyun found you breathtaking. He followed the shape of your bleeding lips up to the tip of your nose then to the long, but burnt eyelashes.

Your skin was peeling and melting away, but something in you captivated the fascinated Daehyun. He just couldn’t take his eyes off of you until one of the nurses closed the curtains, creating a wall between you and him.

The next two days were pretty much uneventful for Daehyun, since you were in the surgery rooms almost every hour.

Then one day, when he woke up from his deep slumber, he heard a nurse walk into the room.

“Excuse me?” he called out.

The nurse rushed over to his bed, “Is there a problem? Are you feeling ill or uncomfortable anywhere?”

Daehyun shook his head, “I was just wondering where that girl is…”

The nurse smiled and patted his head, “I can’t tell you anything about her if that’s what you were hoping to get out of me. Why don’t we go down for breakfast?”

Daehyun refused and said he wanted to eat later… Actually, he hoped to see you come back from the operation if he lingered back.

Lying in bed for another two hours, Daehyun finally got up to use the restroom. Once he came back, a huge grin spread across his small, young face.

He quickly ran over and sat down next to your bed. Your body was now covered in white gauze and he could only see your closed eyes and plump, chapped lips. But he found you gorgeous. He felt himself feel warm as he continued to watch you.. He felt weird, but it felt nice. He wanted to reach out and hold onto your bandaged hand, but he refrained from doing so.

He watched the heart rate monitor draw graphs in steady intervals while the blankets draped over you raised and fell along with your steady breaths.

You were motionless other than that. He would stay in that position even if his mother tried to stop him.

“Stop, Jung Daehyun! Get back here. It is downright rude to stare at a lady like that. Come here and finish your dinner,” his mother would always scold him. But Daehyun always found himself glancing over to the other bed.

He wished that you’d wake up. He wanted to talk to you—hear what your voice sounded like. He wanted to know your name. He was curious about you. But without getting any of that, he was ordered to bed for the night.

He crawled into the bed after his parents and brother left for the night. Turning over onto his side, he whispered, “Good night. Hope we can talk tomorrow…”

 

 

 

 

BBBBBBBBBBEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!

 

 

Daehyun woke up, startled, to the loud piercing noise to be faced with bright lights that once again lit the emergency room. He looked over to his left and saw you thrash about on the bed.

The heart rate monitor beeping erratically.

Daehyun pushed the ‘call’ button and soon enough the room was filled with doctors and nurses.

Daehyun spent the rest of the night, sitting on the edge of your bed… Just waiting.. Waiting for you to return.

 

The next day, he woke up on the floor, frowning. His body ached and he was cold. But when he saw you sleeping there peacefully, his stiff face managed to crack the brightest smile.

“Hi! You’re back… You really scared me last night… Are you okay?” He asked to your lifeless body. He sighed, seeing that you showed no signs of moving.

He spent the rest of the morning watching TV and reading books—stealing glances at you in hopes of you waking up.

 

 

Then..

It was around 7 P.M.

 

Daehyun was sitting at the edge of your bed, watching your face when he felt a slight touch brush against his leg.

 

His eyes widened as his eyes landed on your fingers…

 

THEY WERE MOVING!!!!

Daehyun jumped off the bed and kneeled down to get a better look. Soon, he heard a groan and he watched those beautiful eyes open.

Those very eyes that took his breath away. They were a dark hazelnut color, full of emotion. They were full of life unlike the rest of your body.

“C-can you hear me?” Daehyun whispered excitedly, but softly, scared that you would disappear into thin air right before him.

You struggled in pain, but managed to turn your head to face him… And you gasped. You barely made a blurry image of a little boy, around your age and perhaps younger, but surely handsome.

“Did I scare you?! Ughhh!! I knew I should’ve just left you alone..” he hit his own head with his palm—making you silently giggle.

“I’m Daehyun, by the way… My bed’s right next to yours! I had a stomach infection and soo…… ummm…… Yeah.”

“H-Hi,” your voice struggled to get past your dry throat.

“What’s your name?”

“______,” you croaked.

Daehyun smiled, “That’s such a pretty name… And you have a pretty voice..”

 

Shortly after that, both of you fell silent.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

“You have really pretty eyes…” Daehyun slowly said, trying not to sound any creepier than what he might have already appeared as.

“You, too,” you managed to compliment him.

“Do you want me to call the doctor? I think they should know that you’re awake,” Daehyun commented as he stood up from where he was kneeling. But before he could press the bell, you quickly called out, “Don’t… Please?”

“Why not?”

“If the doctors find out I’m awake, they’ll try to put me back to sleep..” You told him sadly.

“Why?”

“They say the only way to keep me from feeling any pain was to put me to sleep.”

“Does it hurt?” Daehyun asked worriedly.

“What do you think?”

“I heard you were burned…”

 

Tears started to brim up in your tear ducts as your parents’ melting faces flashed through your head. Noticing this, Daehyun rushed to your side, “I’m sorry! Did I say something wrong?! Aish!! Stupid Daehyun! Idiot!” He reprimanded himself.

But it was too late and the tears were falling out of your clouded eyes, soaking the gauze around your face.

Shocked, Daehyun cautiously wrapped his arms around your shaking body.

“D-don’t cry!! I’m so sorry!!”

He put a hand over your covered face as he tried to wipe away the falling tears. He carefully took your hand in his and rubbed his thumb in circles on the back of your hand.

“I’m sorry, I shouldn’t have brought it up… Ple-Please don’t cry… Please. I won’t ever bring it up again…”

You tried to stop, but the tears subconsciously fell.

“I don’t know if this will make you stop……But………”

Daehyun stood up and leaned over the bed, holding himself up by placing his right hand on the bed beside your head.

He bent down carefully, making sure he didn’t touch any of the tubes that were surrounding you.

 

 

Then you felt something soft, hot press against your bandaged cheek. Your eyes flew open and the tears stopped dripping. You felt his breath land on your burned eyelids.

He pulled back with a smile, “There we go… You stopped crying.”

You couldn’t respond in any way. You were shocked and your heart was running for its life inside your chest.

Daehyun chuckled when he saw your heart beat at an abnormal rate on the monitor.

“I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have done that when we just met… I. I haven’t seen your face yet, and I’m pretty sure you don’t want to show me… But I just want to tell you that I think you’re beautiful covered or not,” he confidently told you.

“Wha…?”

He let go of your hand that he was holding onto. Gently leaning against your bed, he looked out the window.

“I can’t believe I’m going to say this right now… And I’m pretty sure that you would think that I’m crazy. But…” He turned bright pink and you truly believed he would explode soon. “I-…… I think… Haa… This is harder than I thought.”

You felt your heart beat fast again as you anticipated what Daehyun was going to tell you.

“I think… I l-like y-you, ______,” Daehyun let out, still not looking at you. But you were. You were staring directly at Daehyun’s face and even though you’ve only met this stranger only  minutes ago… He was different. You could pinpoint he was telling you the truth.

At that moment, all the pain you’ve felt disappeared from your body. It felt weird, but a nice tingling, warm feeling spread throughout your body. The body that just felt like it was dead a moment ago was coming back to life. The life that once vanished from you started to spread from your heart out.

Just when you were going to say something, Daehyun cried out, “I’m sorry!! Just forget what I ever said. I’m helpless. I’m such a coward.. You probably think I’m an extremely creepy guy now. You know what… Forget it, I’ll go back to my bed. Call me if you need me to call the doctor.”

 

Even though it pained every muscle in your face to smile, you did. You watched his shoulders droop as he dragged his feet back to his bed. But before he could lie down, you called out to him, “But I never said you were creepy…”

 

Daehyun turned around faster than the wind with a huge grin plastered on his beautiful face.

“What?”

“I said…. I never found you creepy.”

“Does th-that mean… Y-you like me too?” He stuttered as he neared your bed once again.

 

“Well… Yeah. I guess I like you too,” you gave him a small smile and Daehyun caught that. It started getting hard for him to swallow and his mouth was getting dry. The smile… Oh, how he would never feel this way again with any other girl. The smile was one thing he never forgot to love. Yes, he couldn’t see the rest of your face, but to Daehyun, the smile was enough to prove to him, you weren’t only pretty, but you were beautiful inside out. It was one of those smiles that he would never find in years afterward.

“I like it when you smile…” He whispered.

“Me too,” you shortly replied, “You look better when you smile than dropping your shoulders.”

He smiled one of his greatest smiles.

“C-can you promise me one thing?”

“What?”

 

 

“I… I want to……” He gulped, “I. I want to marry you!”

He shut his eyes tightly waiting for the rejection. Only to be faced with what he found the most beautiful sound in the world…

Your laughs.

He managed to make you laugh even if that meant that it stretched all the burned muscles and stiches from the surgery.

“But, but I’m only 14!” You said in between laughs.

Daehyun flushed, “I’m 13… Then wait for me 10 years! We can get married then, since I’ll be an adult!”

You glanced over at the guy and realized he was being dead serious. You smiled, “Ten years? Will you like me that long? I mean… You don’t even know what I look yet..”

 

“But I know you’re beautiful,” the younger stated as a matter-of-factly.

That just made you laugh again. This guy was younger than you, and heck he didn’t even know what you looked like. But he was determined to marry you if you said yes.

“Fine… If you could like me till then. We’ll find out.” You replied.

 

 

 

 

That night, Daehyun had the most peaceful sleep he’s had since days with a smile that never left his face. The girl, his first love promised him commitment. He planned out how to propose to you when you were to be discharged before he went to sleep that night.

 

But…

 

 

 

 

 

That night… Was also the very last night Daehyun would ever see you for the next ten years.

 

Daehyun woke up the next day, excited to see you sleeping there on the bed beside him. But when he turned around, he did not like what he saw.

 

He was greeted with emptiness. He was alone in the room.

No one was there.

You weren’t there.

Your smiles, your laughs, your voice, your eyes……

 

It all seemed like a sweet dream that he woke up from.

 

Daehyun looked around everywhere, but all of your belongings, all of your medications… Nothing was left.

 

Nothing was left except for the newly washed blankets that were folded at the end of the bed that you were in just a few hours ago.

His whole body shook. He shook his head. He throat started to hurt as he tried to suppress his tears.

 

When the doors opened, he looked up in hope, but he only found a nurse walking in.

“Oh! You’re already awake… I just wanted to let you know some good news!!” She said to him with a smile.

Daehyun looked away.

“You’re being discharged today, Daehyun!! Isn’t that great? You get to go home now and you’ll be with your friends and family!!”

‘You’re being discharged today…’

Those words pierced through his heart like a speeding bullet. That meant that he wouldn’t be able to wait for you. He wouldn’t be able to look for you.

Before the nurse left, he ran over to her and held onto her arm.

“Where is she??” He asked hopefully.

“Who?”

“Her…… The girl… _____... S-she’s gone…”

“Oh, did you guys get to know each other?”

 

Daehyun nodded his head, hoping the nurse would tell him that you’d be coming back soon—that you were only getting a treatment.

“Well, since it seems like you guys did have some time to talk… I’ll just let you know this much,” the nurse hesitated. “She moved to another room… It’s called the ICU. I found her last night… Awake. She shouldn’t have been. She’s in a lot of pain, so we need to care for her a lot more than we look after other patients.”

“What’s an ICU?” Daehyun asked, confused.

“It stands for ‘Intensive Care Unit’,” she explained, “Now let’s go get your belongings. Your parents are going to be here soon. I need to wash you up and get you dressed.”

She left the room to get a towel and some soap, but Daehyun used those few minutes to run out of the room to the front desk.

“Where’s the ICU?!”

The front desk lady looked at him in shock, “Wha…. What are you doing all the way up here?!”

“I’m being discharged today… Where’s the ICU? Please tell me…” Daehyun pleaded.

“It’s on the 9th floor. If you don’t go back to your patient ward room right now, I’m going to call the security team.”

Daehyun walked back, “Okay… I’m going. Thank you…”

Daehyun ran back to the elevators and punched the 9th floor button. He was feeling all jittery.

“Just WHAT happened last night?!!” He asked himself.

He knew that if he didn’t see you right now, he might never see you again. He just need to ask what city you lived in. Which school you attend. Maybe even what street you live on.

Once the elevator reached the 9th floor, Daehyun ran to the metal doors. There was a lock on the door with a number pad next to it.

‘This is it…’ Daehyun thought.

He saw a doctor walk out from the doors a bit down. He ran over to squeeze in before it closed, but the doctor managed to stand in front of him before he reached it.

“Nuh-uh, young mister… You aren’t allowed in here.” The doctor said as he inspected Daehyun’s wrists. “You’re from the E.R., aren’t you? Well then, let’s take you back… This isn’t the emergency room… It’s the ICU. I’ll take you back.”

 

The doctor reached out to grab onto his hand but Daehyun avoided him and tried to run around the doctor. But the doctor was too fast, “Why do you want to get in there? This is not where your room is, son.”

“I know! I know… But she’s in there! I… I just need to see her!!” Daehyun screamed.

“Who?”

“______.”

 

The doctor tilted his head, “Oh… Her? Well, are you a family member?”

Daehyun shook his head.

“Then…… I’m sorry to say, but patients of the ICU can only be visited by relatives.”

 

Daehyun stood there, numbed. He lost the last chance to ever see you. He let himself be dragged back to the elevators and down to his ward room where the nurse scolded him for running around the hospital.

But Daehyun heard nothing. His brain stopped functioning. He let himself be fed, changed, and dragged out of the hospital by his parents.

 

And that was it…

Daehyun looked back at the shrinking hospital until he only saw a faint shadow of its features. You were still in there…

‘The nurses… The doctors… They were all wrong.

 

She didn’t…

Even if the medical team was only trying to help numb the pain that she felt… _____ didn’t want to be drugged to sleep. She even said it herself. She said she wanted to be awake. It wasn’t helping her that the doctors kept putting her into a coma state.’ Daehyun yelled inside his head.

 

Finally, his dad made a right, and the hospital completely disappeared from his sight…

END OF FLASHBACK

 

 

Daehyun looked at the setting sun. He lied back down against the sand with his right arm over his eyes. He sighed.

Why couldn’t he realize that you where the girl he learned to fall in love with before the marriage?

If only… if only I got to see her face back when we were younger… I would have remembered her.

 

 

 

Daehyun slowly got up from the shore and headed back to his hotel room. Sitting in front of his laptop, he pulled up the one picture he just couldn’t delete.

It was you.

Sitting in the sand, smiling.

 

Daehyun’s eyes narrowed down to your lips.

“It’s those lips… It’s that smile…” He whispered.

It was the very smile that Daehyun’s been looking for the past ten years after his discharge.

He remembered that he would always look at a girl’s smile whenever he met one… Hoping it was that smile that he could never get off of his mind.

But he never did find it… Until now.

 

Now…. Exactly ten years since the incident….

The year that he was supposed to marry you.

 

But…

 

You wore the wedding dress for a different man… And that shattered Daehyun’s heart. He should have been the man standing next to you, not Yongguk. He was supposed to be the man to place the ring on your finger. He was supposed to be the man that lifted the veil and meet your lips with his very own.

 

But it wasn’t……

It was his closest hyung.

It was the Bang Yongguk.

Though Daehyun heard that you and Yongguk’s marriage is a lie, he could see in both of your eyes…

 

There was a spark whenever the two of you met eyes. Daehyun felt it. He lost.

 

Yongguk’s father promised him that he would be able to take you at the end of the year… Once the contract ended.

But he knew…

You’ve already fallen for a man that treats you like his queen.

Even if you wouldn’t admit it yourself, Daehyun can just feel, that you’ve fallen….

You’ve fallen hard for his hyung, Bang Yongguk.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: HEYYYYY~! FINALLY REVEALLLLEDDDDD :D

 

JUNGG DAEHYUNNNNNNNNNN <3

tumblr_n69q1s0yg51sqxudoo2_500.gif

 

The mystery man that many guess Himchan.. :]

Jung Daehyun and his past has been finally revealed >:D

tumblr_mnbdviMZRR1rq9gtvo1_500.gif

 

tumblr_m9lozfcadR1rc19rho1_r2_500.gif

 

jung_daehyun__gif__by_nartuofangirl3-d5y

tumblr_inline_njc92ky1Mc1slkp2i.gif

 

tumblr_mowlkrms7N1qav20oo1_500.gif

tumblr_mdbz7821cs1rypdcao1_500.gif

 

tumblr_my1uj5tqFR1rpotndo1_500.gif

*** Creds go to their rightful owners!*** :)

Hope you guys enjoyed the chapter!!!

 

 

Thanks to all my supporters, subscribers, silent readers, and commenters <3

tumblr_mk2tf04kNJ1s5gkrlo1_500.gif

 

 

 

@jmayo81: Phew~~ at least Yongnam didn’t get caught ;) Yes I wish she would be truthful to her own feelings too!!! XD LOLOL  OMG, you flatter me out sooo much!!! You can’t even imagine how widely I grinned when I read your comments :D You really make my days HAHAHAH Hope you found this chapter interesting!!! And PS) IT’S EASY TO LOVE SUCH A GREAT SUPPORTER/SUBSCRIBER/COMMENTER/READER!! <3 You’re the best ;) Love you bunches <333

 

 

@iylia87: OMG YONGGUK’S AM 4:44 IS THE BEST SONG OF THE YEAR <3333333333  I listen to it 24/7!!! You can’t NOT fall in love with Yongguk XD He’s the best man living on this earth!! Now you know who the stalker is ;P Did you guess right?? LOL THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR SUPPORT <3  You are such a great supporter for me!! Love you!!!

 

@itsishy: NO! Thank YOU for all the support and love you give me and my story!!! You are such a great subscriber of mine!!! I thank YOU yet another time ;) LOVE YOU SO MUCH <333333 Hope you liked it :D

 

THANKS ONCE AGAIN TO EVERYONE!!

 

Please feel free to comment/question/criticize!!!

 

Love,

 

Your Author ;)