Daddy

Beyond Infinite
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kim Hyungjoong - Please be Nice to me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8k6PJEN8M4

---

It may have been the worst day to host a winter concert.

The moment Summer woke up, she pulled her curtains apart and was welcomed with a beautiful view of a raging snowstorm outside. She rubbed her eyes profusely and blinked a couple of times. “Holy smokes…” she whispered to herself. She couldn’t believe the blanket of snow that was lying on the floor. For the most part of January, there was barely any snow and now, of all days, Seoul had been hit with one of the worst storms of the year.

It was a good thing that Minwoo drove. If he didn’t drive, they would’ve had to carry all the supplies and ingredients on the bus for tonight.

Although the Winter concert didn’t start until six tonight, Summer had promised her manager to come to the store earlier to help pack everything together.

After a refreshing shower, Summer went down to grab some breakfast. Her mom had long left for work, and Summer couldn’t help but worry for her. She sent a text to her mother in hopes that her mother had bundled herself up today. Without looking, she had bumped into something. She figured it was the wall, but she didn’t hurt herself.

Confused, she looked up and was met face to face with her Father. Shock crossed her face and she took a big step back. “Sorry. Didn’t see you there.”

Unlike her mother, Summer’s father had a less friendly face. He was a big build and he stared down at her with distaste. “Figures. You kids these days, always on your phone, never watching where you go. You’re going to end up bumping into the wrong kind of people.” It had been a long while since Summer had seen her Father, and he looked like he had aged incredibly since then.

She tried to ignore what he said and walked around him to get to the kitchen.

“Goddamn these kids never listen. Why bother trying to scold them when all they do is disrespect you…” She heard her father mutter to himself as he made his way upstairs.

Summer rolled her eyes and tucked her phone away in the pockets of her pajama pants.

He was never home and never acted like a true parent. Yet on these rare occasions that he was home, all he did was nag as if he had that privilege. To Summer, he was someone who had given her life, but did not fit the Father role.

She didn’t ask why he was home. She didn’t say anything else to him. She just wanted to live in silence. How her mother deals with him is the biggest mystery that can never be answered.

Summer grabbed a croissant roll. This would have to do for now since she never had much of an appetite in the morning.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter