Drinking Games

Beyond Infinite
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

SNSD - BABY MAYBE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQqwcpKlfIQ

Oh yeah, I should give him his gift! Summer suddenly remembered. While Jackson was blowing out the candles on his cake, she darted out of the kitchen and into the living room. Luckily, Bambam had set her gift bag on top of the coffee table. She grabbed the bag and bounded right back in the kitchen where all the boys surrounded Jackson.

“How does it feel turning 20, man?” asked Yugyeom.

Jackson rolled his eyes and replied in a sarcastic manner. “It doesn’t feel any different from 19.”

“What’s with the sass?” JR inquired. He held his hands out and showed Jackson his transformed kitchen. “We’ve slaved all day for you and this is the thanks we get?”

“Thanks guys, for doing something I never asked for.”

“Exactly,” Youngjae pointed out with a snap of his finger. “You didn’t need to ask us to do any of this, we wanted to.”

In the midst of talking with each other, Jackson’s eyes searched for Summer in the room. At first, he found it strange that his friends had invited Summer, seeing that she was merely a friend of JB’s and not theirs. He couldn’t understand why JB had grown so interested in the girl, but that was JB for you. Jackson had known JB for about nine years now, and from what he knew, JB had a tendency to gravitate towards girls like Summer. Although Jackson didn’t know her very much, he could tell that she had a story behind her and knowing JB, he wanted to figure out what that story was.

When he found her, he noticed that she was holding a gift bag closely to her chest.

Jackson’s eyebrows pinched together slightly, ignoring the gift bag. Sometimes when I look at her, she reminds of somebody from the past, but I can’t put a finger on it. I can’t remember where I may have seen her. My memory simply has no recollection of her, yet heart says another thing…

Summer knew she had caught his attention then. “Sorry Bambam and JR,” she said as she squeezed between them. The two boys shifted to the side slightly to give her more space. She gave them a grateful smile and then held the gift bag out towards Jackson and forced a smile on her face. “Happy birthday Jackson… I don’t really know if this is something you will use, but I hope you’ll like it.”

Surprise flickered over his features. This was the first time he had ever received a gift from a friend’s friend that was a girl. Aside from his mother, sister and past girlfriends—he never really got gifts from friends that were girls. He rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly, unsure of what to respond with.

A strange look appeared on his face, and Summer took it the wrong way. She thought she had offended him.

JB who stood next to him, elbowed him in the rib. Come on Jackson, be nice and accept the gift.

After what felt like eons of silence, Jackson finally took gift in his hands. He cleared his throat awkwardly and looked at Summer, “Thanks you… But you didn’t have to go through the trouble of getting me a gift.”

Summer’s lips trembled slightly. She was forcing herself to smile so widely that she felt like the smile was going to fall right off. “Oh, it’s no problem. Birthdays are special; everyone deserves to be spoiled on their birthday.”

“This guy’s already spoiled,” Mark mumbled to himself.

JB rolled his eyes and ignored him. “I think you should open it,” he encouraged, easing off the awkward atmosphere in the air.

“Do you mind if open it now?” Jackson asked politely.

Summer shook her head fervently. She had always known that she was terrible with interacting with people. She could feel the shame and awkwardness hover over her like a raincloud. What made it even worse was the dark stare she was receiving from Mark. She didn’t need to look at him to know that he was judging her.

Jackson began to take out the tissue wrapping from the gift bag. JR, Bambam and Yugyeom eagerly leaned in to get a closer look of the gift. Mark was uninterested and took out his phone. He had no text to reply to, but he wanted to avoid looking curious.

“Oh wow,” Jackson said, awe-struck. For the first since Summer had met Jackson, a bright, wide smile appeared on his face.

It was a youthful kind of smile, which made him look a lot younger than his actual age. “Acqua Di Gio by Giorgio Armani… this is my favourite cologne. Thank you, Summer.”

Relief flood her system, and Summer let out a breath of exhale. She was more than satisfied with his reaction. The smile that he had on his face made it all the more worth it to be here.

“Alright, now we got that out of the way, how about we get on with the food?” Mark suggested, bored with what was happening.

Youngjae flared his nostril and gave Mark a sassy look. “I didn’t realize today was your birthday, Mark.”

“I’m just saying what everyone else is thinking… right, Summer?” Mark’s eyes flew towards Summer. She wasn’t paying any heed to him though. Instead, she was having a pleasant conversation with Yugyeom and JB. All the worries on her face from earlier had long passed, and she looked relaxed and comfortable.

Youngjae rolled his eyes and slapped Mark on the back of his head. “You need to stop bothering her. She’s not a toy; she’s a person with feelings. Learn how to treat girls like people, Mark.” Youngjae walked away with a shake of his head and joined the conversation between Summer, JB and Yugyeom.

A deep, scornful look flashed across Mark’s face. He balled his fist and looked away. He knew Youngjae was right, but he didn’t want to admit it.  I don’t know why I always treat the opposite like . I don’t mean to… but I just start talking, and the words just come out like vomit. Mark Tuan, you need to remind yourself that not all women are the same. They are all different. Stop being a ing douchebag… Not everyone is like your Mom.

JR cupped a hand over his mouth and yelled out, “Alright? Who’s ready to get their grub on?”

“Me!!!” Bambam yelled. He even took the liberty to lift up Summer’s arm as well. “Summer’s ready to feast as well!”

The sudden movement scared her wits out. Summer recovered a second later and met eyes with Bambam. The two of them laughed together. “Me!” She yelled.

JR laughed at the pair and gestured to the table full of food, ready to be served and eaten. “Come on over guys, don’t be shy. We have plenty of food for tonight.”

“Don’t forget booze,” Youngjae reminded.

Summer’s eyes widened in alarm. She looked back at JB and mouthed out ‘booze?’

JB made a chugging gesture with his thumb and pinky finger. Summer groaned inwardly, she was never one to drink. As if I didn’t have enough to worry on my plate for tonight…

---

G.NA - SUMMER STAR

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g60ofn3RbTQ

Dinner had been a lot of fun, much to Summer’s surprise. She thought the table would be awkward, and full of quiet pauses. However, the moment everyone was seated, the table was full of conversations and laughter. Summer didn’t speak as much, which was fine by her. She enjoyed sitting there, eating and listening to everyone’s conversation. Occasionally the boys would ask her about the food and offer her pop here and there, but that was it.

As promised, JB did not leave her side. H

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter