BACK

Beyond Infinite
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

INFINITE - BACK

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JwbHUDY7TQ

Summer got out of the shower and draped the towel over her body. All the steam from her shower had caused the bathroom mirror to fog up, so she wiped it with her palm and then proceeded to stare at her reflection. She blinked at the black hair, fair skin person in the mirror and lifted one hand up. With her right hand she placed her palm on the mirror, and traced the face of the person in front of her.

The person blinked, and then shared a small frown with her. She couldn’t fathom that this person was her; this person with lifeless, dull eyes and frown lines was Summer. She felt so boring and out of place, in this body. She knew how capable this person was, yet there was always something holding that person back.

Although Summer had always had a problem putting her life together, it seemed as though up until recently things were becoming more and more worse. She had thought that after moving on from Kai, the best thing to do after a break up was to focus more on work. However, despite how hard she worked, and how many hours she had put in the cafe, something was missing. Her body felt empty, as if she had put certain parts of herself somewhere and had forgotten where she had placed them.

She would think, think, think, and her mind would simply refuse to remember what it needed to remember. She had been feeling lonelier than ever, and her memory was deteriorating.

These days she felt more anxious and she had no idea why, considering the fact that she was never one to be afraid of anything in the first place. Aside from her father. But he was gone and she had not seen him since he had left the house. A quiet little voice often told her that she should tell her mother about what was going on, but a louder part, the more dominant side told her to that everything was okay and that she was just paranoid.

Summer stared at the paranoid reflection, and then looked away. She hugged her arms close to her chest and shut her eyes; a throbbing pain came to her head. Dark flashes of something unknown formed in her head, but her mind was too slow to process the strange memory. She clutched onto the counter for support, and tried to control her breathing. What is going on with me lately? I need to get a hold of reality. I’m losing it. I need to take a walk, or something, anything… I need air.

She quickly put her clothes on and patted her hair dry. When it was decently dried up, she held her hand on the door knob. She did one last double look in the mirror, and then opened the door.

To her absolute horror, she was standing face to face with her father. He was stilling wearing the same clothes he wore the day he left, though his eyes looked more sunken in than ever. He looked tired, as if he hadn’t slept a wink since. Summer gulped, she couldn’t find it in herself to speak up. clogged up, and terror took over her body as she stared into the heinous eyes of her father. Something told her that he wanted to do more than just hurt her.

“Summer, you miss your old man?” asked her father, a malicious smile forming on his lips. He took a step in the bathroom and closed the door behind him.

---

After their dance practice, Mark had asked JB and Jackson to stay with him in the dance room. He had asked the rest of the boys to give them privacy. Instantly, the guys knew it must be something big. They had guessed it was involved with Summer since Mark had asked Jackson to stay as well. They left without asking why, hoping that everything was okay.

Truthfully, after what happened with Summer, the guys never talked about it again. They had only needed to know that she was safe and sound, and that was it. That’s the kind of people they were. They were the type of people who would ask the person directly, rather than discussing it behind that person’s back. They didn’t like to talk about people when they were not physically here to talk for themselves. Bambam had only asked JB the next day if he had given back her phone, and that was the end of that.

The boys had seen the crestfallen expression on JB’s face when he met up with them that night, and knew it all too well.

JB was still out of breath from the practice; he chugged down his water quickly and then wiped his lips with the back of his sleeve. Jackson was lying on his stomach, panting and sweating as he stared at Mark.

Mark’s red hair shined brilliantly under the luminescent light. He was staring at the big dance mirror that the boys used. In his reflection, he saw both JB and Jackson were looking at him, as if waiting for him to speak up. Which they probably were. After a moment of silence, he turned to his best friends and said, “So I went to visit Summer the other day. I wanted to check up on her.”

JB frowned slightly, remembering that Summer still hadn’t texted him yet. “You? Since when did you care enough to check up on her?”

Mark looked at his best friend. He wanted to roll his eyes but stopped himself and said, “That’s not what I want to discuss right now, JB. I have something more important to bring up with you guys.”

“What is it? Did she say something about me?” inquired Jackson. He sat up in interest and crossed his legs, staring intently at Mark.

JB was waiting as well. He straightened up and crossed his arm, wondering what on earth could be so important that Mark had needed them two to stay back.

“Actually, it’s more like she said nothing about you that made me confused,” replied Mark.

Mark and JB looked at each other, confusion evident on their faces.

“What do you mean?” asked Jackson.

“What I mean? I mean that Summer doesn’t remember talking to you at your party,” answered Mark. The room grew silent, a pin could dr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter