Gifts, gifts, gifts!

Beyond Infinite
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

B1A4 - BLING GIRL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wD3icft6KvM

Valentine’s day had finally arrived.

Summer had bought gifts for her mother, Chanyeol and Krystal. She left her mother’s gift at the kitchen counter, so that her mother could open it when she came home.

It was a mutual agreement this year to host the annual gift exchange at Krystal’s house. Unlike all the other years, today it was only Krystal who had a date, but it wasn’t until later tonight.

Chanyeol had dropped by Summer’s neighbourhood. He decided to pick her up, just like he did a long time ago, before Kai was even in the picture. But time has changed, and they’ve all grown up now. Chanyeol had a car now. Well technically it was his mother’s minivan, but he’s been driving it so often that it was practically his now.

Summer hopped into his car with a smile on her face. She placed the wrapped gifts on her lap. “Oh I feel like a Princess being picked up in a carriage.”

“At your service, my Queen,” he corrected her with a wink. Summer held her hands to her lips and laughed. He was such a goofball sometimes. Chanyeol leaned over and tried to clasp the seatbelt over her, but the gifts were in the way.

“Okay buddy, you tried.” Summer laughed even harder now. Chanyeol scooted back to his side and started the car. “I was just trying to be a good chauffeur.”

“I know. Thanks anyways,” Summer reached out and pinched his cheeks. Chanyeol beamed in happiness and began to streeing the wheel towards Krystal’s house.

---

There was one thing that they could never get over: her humongous house.

Krystal had live in a fairly rich neighbourhood, lined with mansions from all around. It was one of the safest, cleanest and richest neighbourhood in the whole city. Even the air smelled different here.

Chanyeol parked his car in her front yard and frowned. “My car looks like a piece of poo here.”

“Don’t say that. I think your carriage is quite adorable!” Summer said. “If anyone tells you otherwise, then they’ll be getting their kicked by me!”

He had already gotten out of the car, but still had heard what she said. He scoffed. “You’re like 90 pounds, what are you going to do? Throw eggs at them?”

“Ha ha, you’re so funny,” Summer rolled her eyes as she got out. She suddenly remembered when she said that to JR and found herself smiling to that for some reason. Summer patted her dress out and held onto the presents carefully.

The two of them walked to the door. Chanyeol rang the bell.

Krystal flung the door open in no time. She was a lot more cheerful than her usual self. She screamed in joy, acting as if she hadn’t seen them in years. “Hello my besties! Welcome, welcome!”

She ushered them in. There was nobody home right now, except her. Which isn't rare, since her parents were always out doing something, while her older sister was always travelling different countries. Although Krystal was all smiles, Summer couldn't help but feel the loneliness of living in a big place and being alone so often.

“Someone’s unusually happy,” Chanyeol commented suspiciously.

Krystal waved her hands. “What? What do you mean unusually happy. I’m always this happy.”

“I don’t remember when the last time you’ve been this happy.” Summer took off her shoes and came forward. She dropped the gifts down on the linoleum floor and put her hands over Krystal’s forehead. “Are you sick?”

Krystal gave her a flat look. “Do I look sick to you?”

“Either you’re extremely excited for your date tonight, or… you just received the greatest news of your life and you’re just about to tell us what it is.” Chanyeol guessed.

When Krystal didn’t answer, he applauded himself. “Ding, ding! We have a winner!”

“Okay, obviously no boy can ever make Krystal Jung this happy.” Krystal fanned herself as if she was royalty. “Come, let’s go to the living room and exchange gifts first, then I’ll tell you guys my big news!”

---

The three of them sat down on Krystal’s couch. Since it was Krystal’s house, both Summer and Chanyeol agreed to let her give out her gifts first. She handed Summer her present first. It was in a pink gift bag. Summer pulled out the tissue paper and grabbed the box at the bottom. Carefully, she began to tear away the wrapping paper.

“The suspense is killing me!” Chanyeol cried, holding onto his hair.

Krystal whacked him in the head. She was recording Summer’s reaction with her phone. “Shhhhh, I don’t want to hear your ugly voice.”

Chanyeol glowered at her. Summer laughed. She pulled out the small, plain cardboard box. She lifted the top and then he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter