Biggest Mistake

Beyond Infinite
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

STRANGE SUN

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFjKJc-Sn-w

It had been months since Chanyeol had last visited Kai’s house.

The last time he was here, he was by himself. He had wanted to talk to Kai privately about something that had been bothering him. It was on his chest since University began, but he had pushed it aside, assuming nothing of it. However, when senior year came, his feelings towards the same grew and grew, until he couldn’t push it away any longer. He had to confess, he had to tell somebody, he had to tell Kai.

Because Kai was his best friend.

And Kai was also the person he was in love with. He couldn’t deny his feelings any longer, though he knew Kai would never love him in the way he did, Chanyeol thought it would be best to just be upfront about the situation. They had known each other since they were kids, if anything important came up, they had make a pact to tell each other. No matter how difficult the situation was, honesty was their policy.

They were sitting in front of Kai’s driveway when Chanyeol confessed the truth.

Of course, Kai took it as a joke. But eventually, the confession sunk in and Kai had just stared at him.

“Wow,” he remembered Kai saying after a minute. “I don’t know what to say.”

“I’m not telling you this to make it awkward between us,” mumbled Chanyeol. “I just wanted to tell you this because it had been bugging me.” It was a lot harder to confess to the same about feelings than it was to the opposite . But then again, it was only hard because his feelings were unrequited.

Kai was looking at him with a guilty expression. “I’m sorry, Chanyeol… I don’t….”

“I know, I know…” said Chanyeol. He shared a small smile. “Summer’s going to hate me if she ever finds out that I liked you.”

Kai had laughed, realizing how strange the situation was. “If we ever break up, perhaps you can tell her. Maybe she’ll be less mad then.”

Chanyeol gawped at Kai. “Don’t jinx your relationship, man. That’s not cool.”

If only he knew at the time how lost Kai was in regards to his relationship with Summer. By the end of their conversation, the two of them solemnly swore to remain best friends until the end. Kai had told Chanyeol that he respected his honesty, and knew that it must’ve taken guts to admit something like this.

One of the things Chanyeol was most afraid of was, if their friendship was going to change. But it didn’t, and what made him happiest was that Kai kept his secret.

That was all Chanyeol had ever asked of him.

And now, right now, after so many months he was back at Kai’s house, to discuss and ask about his relationship with Summer once more.

The sound of his footstep against the gravel and beating of his racing heart was ringing in his ear. Was he stomping too hard, or was the neighborhood too quiet? He walked up to the doorway and knocked on it twice. From inside, the lights went on and then the door open, and then there was Kai, looking at Chanyeol with concern painted all over his face.

Though Chanyeol hadn’t told him

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter