His Side

Beyond Infinite
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

2PM - TIKTOK

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHAS044cCrI

----

Meanwhile, on the other side of the city, Chanyeol was studying at his local library when he received a call from Kai. Although his phone was on silent, it was still in reaching distant of him on the table. He saw it light up with Kai’s name on it. He had no time to put up with any crap right now.

The hospital had finally called him a few days ago and told him that they were willing to accept him for the internship, only if he agreed for them to test him on his knowledge of medicinal use. The mini exam was in a few days. Although it was a small exam, he had tons of other things to study for, which meant talking to Kai was the last he wanted to do right now. 

However, when he saw that his phone had lit up a third time, his focus ceased and curiosity came over him. It must’ve been important if Kai needed to call him three times.

“Hello?” answered Chanyeol in his quietest of tones. He played with the tip of his pen while he talked.

“Hey buddy,” Kai answered the other line. “What’re you up to right now?”

Chanyeol figured he would ask that. “I’m just doing some studying.”

“Are you too busy to talk right now?” It didn’t sound urgent or anything, but Chanyeol could feel that something wasn’t right.

“I’ve got time… what is it?” Chanyeol clutched the phone closer to him.

Kai let out a deep sigh. “I don’t know I just needed to talk. Can we meet up for a bit?”

On the top of his list, school had always been Chanyeol’s second priority. Friends and family were his first. Although he worked very hard in school and put every ounce of effort into his future career, there was no doubt in his mind that if his friends ever needed him, he would automatically put them before school. His friends were his family. If he knew something was wrong, he was the type to drop everything in a heartbeat just to be with his friends.

Kai may not have been such a good friend lately, but Chanyeol would never forget any of the acts of kindness that he had done for him in the past.

“I’m at the library near my house. Where do you want to meet up?”

“There is a playground right next to that library. I’ll meet you there in fifteen minutes.” With that being said, Kai hung up.

---

Chanyeol had packed up his stuff already. He waited at the park for Kai. It wasn’t very cold today. Although it was supposed to be winter, it didn’t feel like it. For the past few years, winter was beginning to get a lot warmer which wasn’t very good for earth. As Chanyeol debated about environmental issues in his head, Kai arrived.

“Hey man,” Kai held out his hand. Chanyeol jumped from the surprise. “Holy you came out of nowhere.” He slapped his hand against Kai’s palm and gave him a bro hug.

They sat down on the swings, just like years ago when they were kids. Whenever Kai or Chanyeol had problems to deal with, they always went to the playground to talk about it.

Chanyeol cleared his throat, “What did you want to talk about?”

Kai was silent for awhile. Judging by his silence, Chanyeol could tell that he was gathering the right words to say. Out of everyone that he ever met, Kai was one of the best-spoken person he’s ever come across. Whenever he spoke, everyone grew interested in what he had to say. He had that type of influence on people.

“I’ve been a pretty friend,” Kai admitted, breaking the shroud of silence around them. He didn’t look at Chanyeol, but instead at the fading Sun over the horizon. It was a cloudless day, nothing but planes invaded the sky. He continued to watch the plane until it disappeared. “After Summer and I broke up, I haven’t been keeping contact with you and I feel really bad. It's no wonder you blew me off last time. It’s just, I know that she’s your best friend and it’s hard to face you.”

Chanyeol nodded in agreement. “I’m your best friend, too. You should’ve told me what’s been going on with you and her, instead of hiding like a coward.”

The words made him flinch. Kai looked away in shame and sighed. “I’m really sorry Chanyeol. But I don’t regret my decision. I don’t regret i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter