I will protect you

Beyond Infinite
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

BAEKHYUN - BEAUTIFUL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UASrkbkSCLk

Summer woke up the next morning with a painful throb on the left side of her head. She lifted her hands up to feel where it hurt, when the touch of another hand stopped her. Surprised by the unexpected touch she retrieved her hand and opened up her eyes gradually. When she saw it was just JB, relief flooded her system and her body relaxed. Confusion etched over her expression, she was both confused yet relieved that he was here. He was sitting next to her bedside, doing his homework with one earbud popped in his ear. She could hear the sound of his music, and wondered why he was in her house, listening to his music so loudly in the morning.

“JB?” she croaked out, her voice sounded like it was deprived of water.

He lifted his face, and his eyes met with hers. Suddenly, a wide, sweet smile appeared on his face. “Finally, you’re awake. I was beginning to get worried that the sleep fairy took you away.”

Seeing that smile of his caused an eruption in her heart. It felt like a nest of caterpillars made a home in her heart and slept there for eons ago, and now they were finally blooming into butterflies. She couldn’t help but smile back, “I feel like I haven’t seen you in forever.”

He put his homework and phone on the table, and went to pour her a cup of water, he held it out to her with a glint of mischief in his eyes, “What you’re saying is that… you miss me.”

Summer was just about to take the cup when she raised her eyebrow, making the pain multiply on the side of her head. Her hands flew to her head, but JB stopped her again.

The smile he had moments ago vanished. “What’s wrong? Does your head hurt?”

“A little…” That was when she realized that she wasn’t in her house. Her eyes grew big and she looked around at the bizarre room. Even her regular silk pajamas had become a hospital gown. “Why am I at the hospital? What happened to me?”

JB bit his lip, not wanting to say anything. He had promised Chanyeol to wait for him, the two of them had agreed that out of everyone, it was probably best for Chanyeol to tell her the truth. “Let’s wait for Chanyeol, he wants to see you.”

“Chanyeol…?”

As if the mention of his name had summoned him, Chanyeol arrived right on cue. He poked his head in to see the two talking, and smiled brilliantly to himself. “Good Morning, bestie!” He ran in and gave Summer a big bear hug. He saw JB eyeing him with surprised eyes. He quickly cleared his throat and straightened up.

He crossed his arm and pulled out his clipboard. He had consulted to the doctors about taking care of Summer’s case, alongside with the leading psychiatrist at the hospital. He would be under her care as the two studied and watched over Summer.

“Summer, how do you feel today?” asked Chanyeol.

Summer laughed a little, “I can’t believe this is happening.” Her eyes flew to JB, who only stayed rooted by her side. Suddenly a thought struck her, and she opened . “This—”

“We’ve met, thank you very much,” said Chanyeol.

Her lips quickly clamped tight and she gave Chanyeol a long look. “You , at least let me finish.”

“See,” Chanyeol pointed with his pen and shook his head. “JB, I’m telling you. This girl is rude.”

JB pretended to play along, “I’ve dealt with her sass many times already. Once she even hung up on me, when I was still on the phone with her. How rude can she be?”

“Yeah, how rude can you be, Summer?”

Summer watched as the two of them laughed together, wondering if she was missing an inside joke or something.

When the laughter died down, a sincere look crossed over Chanyeol’s face. He sat down on the edge of the bed and held her hand. “How’re you feeling though?”

“My head just hurt’s a little and my body is sore, but other than that, I’m good!” She put two thumbs up, just to show how well she was feeling.

JB and Chanyeol exchanged looks, and then stared back at her.

The seriousness was now written all over Chanyeol. He glanced down at his watch and then cleared his throat, “You don’t remember what happened last night?”

Confused, she looked at JB, as if he knew the answer, and then back at Chanyeol. She slowly shook her head, unable to recall anything that happened yesterday.

“Summer, you had a panic attack.”

Her eyebrows rose even higher than it was before. She ignored the throbbing, and asked, “What do you mean I had a panic attack? I’m pretty sure I took a shower last night and went to sleep.”

“Summer, don’t you feel the pain that’s constricting you on the left side of your face? Where your temple is? No, wait. Don’t touch it, there’s a bandage there.” Chanyeol tried to stop her, but she had already touched it. Her expression turned into one of horror.

“H-h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter