One good thing, one bad thing

Beyond Infinite
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

F(X) - PAPER HEART

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UANCQLhvyMw

---

The bruise that was on Summer’s eye had finally healed. It has been three weeks since the incident, and her father still didn’t show up to pick his things. Her mother stopped mentioning him after the first week, and Summer couldn’t help but wonder everyday what went on in her mother’s mind. Was she suffering from a silent heartbreak? Had she known this would’ve happened years ago, and decided to move on long before? Try as she might to ask her mother if she was okay, all she received in return was a smile and a pat on the head.

Her parents were together for a total of twenty five years, while her relationship with Kai was close to a decade… She tried to place herself in her mother’s shoes, but it didn’t work out as well as she thought it would. She couldn’t gather whatever feelings that might’ve been there. She couldn’t feel anything, almost as if the nine years with Kai had been lost. The only “love” she knew of now was the love given to her by her Mother.

Often times, she’d be working and thought if it was like for her Mother, too.

What went wrong?

What could possibly have gone wrong?

---

The snow was melting away, and the overwhelming brightness of the Sun was beginning to take it’s hold of the city.

It had been two weeks and a half since she saw JB and Bambam. Whenever she was at home, she would look back to the personal invitation and then back to the text with JB. Just as his text promised, she received a call from him the very next day after work. He assured her that it was their usual group plus her. She had asked why, of all people, that she was invited and he told her that the boys agreed that they enjoyed her company.  She was a bit doubtful about it, knowing Mark and his usual pretencious self …

“Summer, when was the last time you went to a party?” JB had asked.

Summer thoughtfully bit her chin as she walked home. “Does spending valentine’s day with your two BFF count?”

“Okay, let me rephrase it. When was the last time you met someone new and tried something different for a first time?” He waited patiently on the other line.

“Um,” she searched through her brain for an answer, but couldn’t seem to find any. “I don’t know…”

“See,” JB said. She could just imagine him smiling his bright, happy smile as he said that. “We’re not frat boys, so don’t worry, Summer. My friends really, really want to get to know you. We aren’t douchebags.”

Without realizing it, Summer’s lips curved upwards into a smile. She could sense from his tone, that

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter