When Things Get Bad

Beyond Infinite
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

EXO CHEN - BEST LUCK

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FC7p9v-xtm4

When it was time go home, Summer gave Krystal one last big hug. The three of them spent most of the day in Krystal’s kitchen, just talking and laughing about old times. Their hands would reach out into the chip bags and munched their hearts away as they reminisced about Highschool times.

Chanyeol brought out the most laughs out of the girls. Summer would sit and listen to her friends talk, and admiration would light up her eyes. She loved listening to her friends talk; whether it was about sports, their old relationships, or their life now compared to then. It was just so much more interesting to listen than to speak.

They have all grown up so much, and it had been such a privilege seeing them grow.

“Thanks for the gifts and food today.” Summer said as she hugged onto Krystal.

For once, Krystal gave her a big squeeze back.

Chanyeol thumped on his belly. “I think I’ve gained about 10lbs after the seafood pancake.”

Summer and Krystal pulled away from each other and burst out into laughter.

In the midst of her laughing, Chanyeol pulled Krystal for a one arm hug. She gasped in surprise at the proximity of their bodies. He rubbed onto her arms and beamed sweetly. “Our Krystal is growing up and cooking such delicious food. I can’t believe it. I really can’t. It’s a sign we’re all growing old.”

Krystal grimaced and then punched him in the arm. “Get out; I’ve always known how to cook!”

Their gathering never quite felt complete until Krystal sent a punch Chanyeol.

Chanyeol rubbed his now sore arm with a smile. “I missed that.”

Summer rolled her eyes. “Jeez, you guys. Get a room.”

After putting on their jackets and boots. Chanyeol and Summer’s eyes flew around the empty house.

Krystal fanned them out. “Okay, okay. I can’t stand it when you guys give me these pitiful looks. I’m good!!! I like being alone. It has become one of my greatest companionships. So go, shoo! I’m fine.”

Chanyeol and Summer exchanged worried looks.

“I’ve got a date to get ready for, you two are dragging me down!” Krystal said sternly, though her eyes sparkled with amusement.

“Alright, alright, looks like we’re are no longer wanted here. Bye Krystal! Have fun on your date!” Chanyeol waved. He went to his car first to warm it up.

Summer stood back for a bit. “I really love your gift. I know I said it like ten times tonight, but I thought I’d tell it to you one more time.”

Krystal’s lips broke out into a wide smile. She threw her hair back with a smug look, “Call me Mrs. Clause.” Summer chuckled at her BFF’s goofiness. Krystal’s expression softened and she placed a hand on Summer’s shoulder. She gave it a gentle squeeze, “I love your gift, girl. Thank you for all the new makeup!! Happy Valentine’s day, Summer.”

Summer smiled in delight. Although Krystal could be extremely cold at times to people she didn’t know very well, to her friends she had the biggest of hearts. There was never a time where Krystal had never failed to be there for Summer. Despite being told countless of times that she didn’t need to buy such extravagant gifts for her friends, she still does it anyways because she enjoyed seeing the look of surprise and happiness on their faces. You don’t realize you’re missing Krystal until she appears in your life one day and changes your life. That’s what they called the Krystal effect.

With a sigh, Summer said her goodbyes and made her way to Chanyeol’s car. He backed out of Krystal’s driveway and was now on his way. From the rear-view mirror, Summer watched Krystal stand by the door. She watched them until they were out of sight.

Summer was staring at the ring on her middle finger when Chanyeol cleared his throat and spoke. “Did you have fun today?”

She nodded. “I did. I love spending time with you guys. And Yeol?”

“Hmm?” He replied as he turned the wheel with his hand.

“I love your gift. Probably one of the best gifts you’ve ever given?”

Chanyeol frowned. “Hey, what’s wrong with the matching BAPE sweaters I got you guys last year?”

“Um,” Summer stifled her laughter. “That is my second favourite.”

“Whatever you liar,” Chanyeol started to laugh now. “I never see you wear it. When you wear it, then I’ll believe it.”

Summer joined him in the bouts of giggles. She leaned back in the chair, and stared out at all the streets and buildings that they were passing by.

The ride became silent once again.

As he drove, Chanyeol thought back to the conversation that he had with Kai a week ago. He looked over at Summer momentarily, who seemed to be lost in her own thoughts. She was playing with her new ring absentmindedly; turning it gently from one side to another.

He wondered what she was thinking about.

Chanyeol r

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter