Happy Birthday to You

Beyond Infinite
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

HIGH4 & IU - Not Spring, Love or Cherry Blossoms

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouR4nn1G9r4

Almost a week had passed since Krystal left for New York.

Summer had bid farewell to her best friend at the airport. Krystal was a mess and it looked as if she wasn’t going to go through with it. She kept mumbling out through her tears that she didn’t want to leave and that she wanted to stay in Korea. But after being comforted by her manager and Summer, she sniffled, nodded her head in surrender and gave Summer one last bear hug. Her parents and older sister were already in New York waiting for her arrival.

When Krystal cleared out of the gates and long disappeared with her manager, Summer cried her heart out.

It was the second time that year that she had cried.

This isn’t goodbye, this is just the beginning Jung Krystal. Chanyeol and I will wait for your return. See you soon.

---

Today was the day of Jackson’s surprise birthday party.

Truth be told, Summer felt butterflies fluttering in her stomach. She grew nervous and couldn’t bring herself to eat breakfast. This was going to be the first social event she’d be attending without her two best friends by her side. She had hung out with JB’s friends once, and had seen them multiple times at her café, but it was different this time. This time it was to celebrate the birthday of one of their closest friends.

Summer felt like an intruder invading their personal space.

They were a tight knit group who’ve known each other from the dawn of time, and here JB and Bambam comes inviting her into their world like it was nothing.

Should I really go today? I think I should just tell JB I can’t make it. It feels so weird to go to someone’s birthday I don’t really know. Just before Summer could make up her mind, her phone rang and the screen lit up with JB’s name. What the? It’s like he knew I was going to flop on him…

Tentatively, Summer picked up her phone. “Hello?”

“Good afternoon Miss. Summer,” greeted JB’s charming voice on the other line. “We have a slight change of plans.”

Maybe they decided to plan the party another day? Summer thought. If so, that would’ve definitely made her day.

“No, the party isn’t going to be rescheduled nor will it be cancelled.” JB said with a chuckle, as if reading her mind. “The change of plan is that we have less time than we thought. I’m going to have to pick you up from your house… if you don’t mind.”

Summer sighed, earning a laugh from JB’s side.

“Trust me, it won’t be as bad as you think,” JB promised. “You won’t feel awkward. I’ll be by your side all night…”

Summer rolled her eyes in defeat. “Alright, alright, no problem. You can pick me up.”

After telling him her address, they hung up and Summer began to get ready for tonight.

Precisely an hour later, Summer was all done with her makeup and hair. Here’s a thing about Summer, she hated social gatherings but she loved dressing up. It was fun, and it helped her discover parts of herself that she didn’t normally find beautiful.

After throwing on a grey crewneck and leather tights, Summer ran to the washroom to check herself out one last time. She forced herself to grin widely, but it came off as awkward and unpleasant as ever. She let out a depressing sigh and watched as her shoulders deflated with lost hope.

 It didn’t help that Mark was going to be there either. The thought of having his intense, indecipherable set of eyes look at her tonight made her feel extremely uncomfortable. She couldn’t imagine what kind of strange thoughts he had against her.

At that moment, her phone rang. JB must be here… Summer put on her leather jacket and then clapped her hands together in a prayer and closed her eyes tight. Dear lord, please don’t let this night end in regret and I will forever be grateful for your guidance in my life.

---

Once Summer stepped out of her house, JB pulled down his raybans to get a better glimpse of Summer. She was stylish from head to toe, with light make up on; she resembled a certain celebrity that JB couldn’t quite put his finger on. He felt his heart did a double flip in his chest and found himself smiling right back at her. “You look amazing, Summer…”

He had never seen any girl looked more classy in a crewneck than Summer did

Summer’s lips tugged into a smile. She looked at JB who looked absolutely dashing with his black hair down, sporting a black leather jacket and nudies jeans. “You know, we kind of look like we’re twinning.”

JB glanced between them and burst out laughing. “I think we kind of look like Kanye’s kids, if he ever decides to adopt Asian ones.”

Summer broke out into a laugh. The kind of laugh that made her lips stretch from to ear to ear, showing off her set of pearly white teeth. She looked more radiant than she ever did before, and JB was lucky enough to catch a flash of that. He felt the blood rush to his cheeks, and looked away.

JB cleared his throat and said, “Come on my skateboard and we’ll get going,”  

Summer’s eyes shifted down to his skateboard. She raised her eyebrow in concern. “Is this safe? What if I fall?”

“Summer, it’s completely safe. I assure you. Just hold onto me and don’t let go.” JB winked, and held a hand out for her. Without another second of hesitance, she took his hand and hopped onto the skateboard. “Hold on tight.” He warned.

Before she knew it, they were zooming down the street with his skateboard.

This was t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter