Day 1: Investigation

Lost and Found

                         

Day 1: Investigation


First day and I'm going to meet with criminals.

 

Leaving my house and to the address I wrote on a sticky note and it directed me straight to a building. I knocked on the door and was greeted by a few glowering faces all staring at me with resent. Maintaining my calm I smiled warmly and bowed in return.

 

Hello, I'm the new forensic specialist in your team...I was brought from PIU?”soon their looks softened, but still with tensed body posture.

 

So you're Mio Aoshi...”Jungkook blinked. I wasn't going to meet them without the slight bit of curiosity in finding out about each of their criminal background. Jungkook is the youngest among the boys, past hacker but now a computer analyst.

 

Where are your manners? Greet our new member with respect.”Jin smacked his arm, turning his lovely smile at me. Would you believe he was a drug dealer and now works as a chemist? With his mature motherly figure I wouldn't either.

 

Hm.” Yoongi's dead eyes stared straight at mine, his arms crossed as if I was a predator in his distance. I don't care how much he has terrorized in the past, either way for him to know in defusing nuclear weapons would be considered an advantage on my team.

 

How can someone so pretty be working in an ugly position as forensics?” Weapon specialist Jimin smirked, making me stiff with anger. Working with an ex-gangster is one thing, but twisting around a compliment into something that's completely offensive just pisses me off. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath, easing my boiling blood.

 

I felt an arm wrap around my shoulders and I almost jumped out of my skin. Almost. “I apologize for Jimin over there. Clearly he doesn't know how to be as happy as me!” Hoseok gave me a grin that was wider than normal. Laughing nervously I shrugged his arm off. I have to keep an eye out for this psychopathic psychologist.

 

Pfft, as if any of you have manners.” Namjoon glared at his team and gave me an apologetic smile. A high end thief from the past now a broad leader and detective of BTS? I really shouldn't be surprised. At a glance I felt another person still watching me. Turning around cold eyes pierced into me, and his gaze deepened. Even with his sleek dark hair covering his brows I knew all his focus was on me and me only. The scars that peeped out of his cuffed sleeves embellished in my brain. A spark shot out my thoughts and right away I recognized his face just by analyzing his signature little frown. With all of my courage I inched forward to the boy.

 

Kim Taehyung.” I breathed out his name. His whole body went rigid with the call of it, making my smirk grow. “Or do you prefer to be called...the Man in the Mask?”


-Taehyung-

 

With the way opened into an elaborate smile I can tell she's a kind soul. Yet when she talked now her fingers tightened around the strap of her messenger bag, which in my indication meant she was well alert of her surroundings. She must have learned quite a lot about us, considering that she knows my murder nickname. I couldn't help but chortle a dry, witty laugh.

 

Her brows rose up in confusion. “Sorry, but I just find you very...amusing.” I laid back against the painted wall of the room. “My friends here call me V sometimes, but I prefer Taehyung just as fine. Oh, and that name? I would advise for you to not call me that at the slight bit; I hate reminiscing on the past.”I set my tone with confidence. She stared for a few seconds to bring all that in and soon she pursed her lips in a grown smirk.

 

Is that so?” she replied coolly. This girl sure doesn't falter as fast as all my other victims whom I deceived. Keen, I would say. I cleared my throat in hope to change the awkward situation fast.

 

Where are my manners? I haven't properly introduced myself.” I bowed and announced my full name, which she was purely surprised, but after that the rest followed in greeting; as she did too.

 

So; Mio,” that name glided off my tongue so smoothly. “Is there anything you like...besides forensics?”I raised a flirtatious smirk.

 

Her eyebrows immediately shot up and agap; a small scoff soon escaped from her lips as if what I just said was the most offensive thing to her.

 

I just want to look for my office, is all.”she put her attention to each of us but when she had her eyes on me she lowered her voice in an indirect warning; indicating to not joke around like that at this time.

 

Namjoon hyung offered to show her (to which he clearly knew how tense this little situation was) before I even had a chance to speak up.

 

Hm, I don't know if I can trust you Namjoon-sshi.” she joked, earning a grin from him. As they walked out the main room and upstairs I finally let out an exhale of breath after those last few seconds. My heart wouldn't stop pounding that they burst my eardrums. What was so special about her that I'm feeling this weird tug in my gut? Sure, I get these passionate drives when I was on my murder spree to kill, but this was much different.

 

Nervous? Hell, no. Could it be...

 

Flustered around Mio, V?” Hoseok hyung wrapped his arm around me and grinned, as I scowled and wrenched out his reach.

 

T-that's not it.”I mumbled. Coolly I stuffed my hand in my pockets and grumbled that I was going to talk to Namjoon hyung, and later realized that he was still accompanying Mio when I really didn't want to see her with my current mental state. How did hyung call it? Flustered? Please.

 

-if you need anything else, call us.” I peered from the open doorway of the room to which was now Mio's office. Mio smiled and bowed at him; as he left to which I didn't prepare a speech when I ended up advancing towards her. She glanced up and I looked away quickly and coughed in my hand.

 

I...was just curious as to what you guys were talking about.”I defended with a shrug, to which Mio crossed her arms. She pursed her lips.

 

Well, since you're here, I may have a few questions to ask.”I glanced surprisingly at her.

 

Exactly why are you guys labeled as the 'special group' of SIU? I'm pretty sure it's not only because you're a group of criminals.”

 

I smiled. “Not just any criminals, but highly intelligent ones. SIU released our sentences as probation; but will be raised in addition to solve the cases that the other teams of the Division aren't or weren't able to solve. Of course we solved many and got it raised, yet we had to choose to either stay in SIU, or put back the probation while we're out of jail time for good. As you can see, we didn't have much of a choice.”

 

A lose-lose situation.” she sighed. “Do you like being in SIU?”

 

At first, because of the amount of work we got. But hey, the dorm is way better than a jail cell so that wins my vote.” I chuckled. She too ended up smiling by the humor, making my heart swell. Dammit, why I am I feeling like this?

 

That makes me wonder: if SIU trains each of their team members', how come you never mentioned in training BTS?”

 

Did you not get the memo of the term 'special'? We didn't need any training – we were smart and physically fit to begin with. And as I mentioned before, we didn't have any choice left in our hands.”

 

She nodded, taking in all the info quite well. Another smile grew from her lips. “Well, I got to know you quite more, considering that you still haven't slashed my throat until now.” we both laughed. Grabbing her bag from the desk chair she bowed respectfully as I did too. “Take care, Taehyung-sshi. I'll be looking forward to working with you.” with that she turned a heel and walked out the room, closing the door behind her; leaving me stiff.

 

I dragged my feet towards the lounging chair and longingly looked out the window, remembering the last smile she gave me. A grin grew to which was covered under my hand. The feeling in my gut soared and swayed for those few minutes.

 

I'll be looking forward in working with you too, Mio.”

 

 


Author's Note

How'd I do? Writing only the beginning of the story makes me really nervous because I am wondering whether or not you guys may like it thus far ><
Well, I added the rest of BTS as well as a little of their background info, just the basics really of the characters. Trust me the next chapter would be good, I promise you that!

Alrighty, don't forget to comment/subscribe, I'd love to get your feedback! See you guys soon on my next update ^^
Have a great day everyone~

-B.B