Day 5

Lost and Found

 

Day 5


-Mio-

Today was another case coming up: an unsolved kidnapping case.

 

Victim: 26 year old Sung Jihul

Time of Death: N/A (still determining if she is alive or not)

Details: Kidnapped a month ago and did not find any last tracings to where she might be. Last seen with her friends coming out of work (Doctrine at a hospital)

Suspect: Described as tall, wore a dark sweater and took the hostage into it's white van right after hitting them with a blunt object. Further details still unknown.

 

The suspect wasn't no dummy, that's for sure. Apparently he knew how the cops were trying to find him down, but he was able to trick them enough in chasing down the wrong people to escape. Not only that, but the so called 'suspects' don't even know they were used.

 

Basically...with the real suspect using other people, he was able to go out in still possibly with the hostage.”Jimin read the file. I shook my head.

 

Yet we still don't know if we can find the suspect, the victim; and if the victim is still alive or not. God, honestly! Why didn't the PIU done a better job in solving these?! To me this just means that they are lazy asses.” I threw my hands in exasperation. Taehyung snickered.

 

Are you ashamed of your old investigation team?” he rose an nonchalant smile, and I scoffed in the twist of his words.

 

I don't mean it like that...” I mumbled under my breath. With Taehyung still with an implied expression I had no choice but to let it slide and go on with the investigation. First, we tried finding her last location from her cell phone number.

 

Because we don't physically have her phone, we contacted one of her friend's.” Jungkook typed in a series of keys into his computer. “Through her data we're able to get access of the victim's number and the GPS tracker. After coming out of the hospital she took the public bus and stopped at the park. She walked along towards the district and entered a novelty shop, which was the last signal before we lost the connection towards further location.”

 

The kidnapper must have shut off her phone so no one could track her.” Namjoon rubbed his chin, thinking so hard his eyebrows created a crease along his forehead. “Did the police find anything at that shop?” he asked. Unfortunately Jungkook shook his head.

 

Nothing but novelties. However the background on this shop is that it's run by the cousin of the victim.” Jungkook explained. “during that time he was the only one with her.”

 

We should go to that place ourselves then. “Volunteer in coming with me to the novelty shop?” I smiled.

 

~

 

Taehyung scowled, sighing loudly. “Why did I volunteer in coming with you again?” he scratched his head in annoyance. I chortled a laugh.

 

Because you volunteered? It was that or Hoseok, but you even argued with him in coming with me. Tae, you're so cute when you get annoyed.” I poked his cheek. He swatted my hand; looking away with an even bigger scowl.

 

You don't want me to get pissed; especially a past murderer. And since when did I allow you to call me 'Tae'?” he said. I rolled my eyes.

 

Oh, admit it! You like the nickname!” I teased, nudging his ribs. He kept getting annoyed, which made it even more amusing to make fun of him.

 

After walking around more in the district we're able to find the shop. There wasn't many people coming in, maybe just a few tourists and pass-by's. I took a look around, while Taehyung made a move and casually talked with the person at the cashier.

 

Oh, is that so? Alright, thank you very much.” he bowed and came beside me, also looking over the shelf I'm scanning. “The cousin that works here took a a vacation for two months. He scheduled one right on the week of the crime.”

 

Strange. Why would he go on vacation when his cousin got kidnapped? Wouldn't he get the memo of it as well?

 

There wasn't anything else to do, but we talked with the co-workers handling the shop. Many say that he's kind and cared a lot about both the workers and the shop. But apparently he's giving half of his own errands towards his cousin; whom which keeps refusing – that's what one of the workers witnessed anyway.

 

We'd gone out into the streets and merged on buying bubble tea, just walking along the park. I asked if we should get lunch for the boys, though he shrugged it off and replied that they “can take care of themselves.”

 

Wah, you're so nice.” my voice rolled a sarcastic tone. I sipped on my tapioca to which I realized that they never even put any of it in my drink. I whined bitterly, which got Taehyung's attention. Shyly I pointed a finger at his tea.

 

Would you ever be so kind in sharing your drink with me?” I asked formally. He scoffed, putting the straw to his lips.

 

Say you're sorry for calling me Tae and you won't ever do that again.” he answered. I tugged on his arm, begging for just one sip. Trust me, I know I was probably over reacting over something so small but even so Tea alone without tapioca is one of my major pet peeves.

 

After a few minutes I convinced him for a few sips of his black milk tea. Still not looking in my direction he extended his hand, though was still out of my reach. Frowning I took hold of his wrist and pulled him down slightly so the straw met my lips, which made him jerk and stumble towards me. I swallowed and sighed happily, to which looking up I never knew just how close we were face to face.

 

His cheeks flushed with pink and his eye wavered; lips forming words.

 

M-Mio.” he began stammering. “I-I n-need to tell you this.” I blinked, furrowing my eyebrows. Was he angry about me pushing him like that? Instead I pulled apart and bowed in apology.

 

Sorry for pulling you down like that. I really am.” I smiled warily. “I...shouldn't be so selfish. Especially because to tell you the truth, you're...”god, this is embarrassing. Why am I confessing this now to him?

 

-Taehyung-

 

WHAT IS SHE GOING TO SAY TO ME?! IS SHE GOING TO CONFESS TO ME? RIGHT NOW?!

 

I didn't prepare for this. Not at all. My palms are sweaty, my heart is beating fast; all for just being this close to her face. What the hell.

 

You're...a good partner to me. And I don't want you to be any more annoyed with whatever I do if we're going to continue to work in SIU.” she rubbed the back of her neck numbly. My mouth dropped, and the tension in my shoulders eased. This was what made me so flustered about? I flicked her forehead, which she winced and pulled back.

 

Idiot.” I scoffed, walking away. She yelled after me, cursing at that. And to think, this girl...what if she really did confess to what I thought?

 

 

 

 


A/N

Hi again! So yeah, we're heading off to another case - it still is another OC victim. I wanted it to be an idol but making them dead in my story breaks my heart >< especially if they're my bias, I mean I understand it's fiction but still T T

But chyeah, I'll see you guys on my next update! If you'd like check out my blog if you have any requests on other story ideas or if you have any questions for me, I appreciate it :)

Alright then, have a great day~

-B.B