Day 20

Lost and Found

Day 20

~~~~~

-Taehyung-

Something cold splashed on my face. Water? I opened my eyes slowly, my vision soon clearing out of the blurriness that came before. My head still couldn't function to look up, so all I saw were two feet implanted on the ground in front of me.

 

Another thing I noticed: I was hot. It was so damn warm...I was practically sweating in buckets. My mouth moved in only a muffled groan, and soon a sudden shock hit me.

 

Where am I? Besides the fact that I was lying down on a couch, a blanket wrapped tight around my body, and to what I presumed was I was in someone's living room. Being able to glance up a woman stared down; her piercing black eyes boring into mine. With wide eyes I jumped up, scared to see her so close to my face.

 

Glad to see you're awake.” she chuckled, placing the glass of water on the table. I pointed a finger at her.

 

You-you-” I began. She just stood there, waiting for my answer. With the shock all that came out were stuttered words.

 

You're just going to stand there, pointing a finger?” she scoffed. “I made lunch, just in case you're hungry.” with a nod toward the table I slowly made my way there.

 

Immediately my stomach growled with hunger as I sat down. Loud enough that she looked at me and smiled knowingly, bulking down her rice. I ended up with just eating 3 full bowls before breaking the silence with my chopsticks. I swallowed my food fully before beginning to speak.

 

You're Hina Aoshi...aren't you?”I say in a low tone. She stopped half way into drinking her tea.

 

Maybe.” she gave a smirk.

 

Why...why did you bring me here?” again I never looked at her direction. Minutes passed. Silence dragged on. Suddenly I hear the glass hit the table with a clink.

 

Well,” she gave a broad grin. “maybe it's not important right now. Just eat, arasso?” and she dropped the question entirely. I figured that she wouldn't tell me, so I did what she told. After eating I just sat back at the couch, with the blanket wrapped around me. Even with a stomach filled with so much warm food I was still cold.

 

Alright, you want to hear the deets, don't you?” she sat across from me, her hands folded neatly in her lap. The entire time she talked she remained a neutral; calm expression. “After leaving PIU – which you already know about – I moved out here as part of my investigation.”

 

Why did you leave PIU? Why here?”so many questions filled my head, and all I wanted to do was to just scream them out. But my body was too tired and my energy drained that I only sat; listening.

 

You really don't know? After the case was dismissed I couldn't let it go until every single piece of evidence is found. Guess what case? Take a wild guess.” her tone oozed with sarcasm. I felt even more nervous with the realization.

 

It's mine...isn't it?” I lowered my tone. I never looked up for I only gazed at my feet. She sighed.

 

Aigoo, you catch up pretty well! Yes, it's still on your murder case. Because of your stupid testimony it didn't bring up any new information and that almost caused me the dismissal of the case. In fact, the statute of limitations will be in just a week from now. And thus my friend, is where you come in.” I looked up then, and when I did I saw her eyes. They burned right through me, some sort of flaming passion and anger rippled through and I was taken back.

 

M-me?” I say in the most stupidest voice – like a timid child.

 

I saw you yesterday. At the restaurant? I work there as a waitress and it just so happened that you came on that particular hour. I thought I was imagining that a stranger looked like you but as soon as I heard your voice my mind reeled right to: 'Kim Taehyung.'

 

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion, trying to remember that moment. Restaurant...restaurant...suddenly a light bulb just appeared at the top of my head. I remember now! There was a peculiar waitress that avoided my gaze the entire time I was there; and who knew it would be Hina? When my eyes widened and I pointed my finger, she smiled and continued.

 

That night it was me who followed and knocked you out. And I deeply apologize for it.” her eyes softened. “besides, I didn't know the impact was hard enough that would knock you out cold for 18 hours straight.” she chuckled.

 

You did all this, just so you can get me in telling you where it is?” I rose an eyebrow in confirmation. She cocked her head to the side.

 

It's been 2 years, Taehyung. You're already suspected as the murderer isn't enough. Witness accounts isn't enough. What I need is the physical proof. TWO GODDAMN YEARS and I still can't find your murder weapon, even after I asked you nicely you decide to shut your mouth!” she jumped up from the seat with her hands up in the air.

 

You kidnapped me just to ask me that? For a single evidence on a stupid case that is about to be lifted with the statute -”

 

I won't have time left, Taehyung.” her low tone sliced through the air, leaving the atmosphere dead silent. “not even when the statute of limitations arrive.”

 

What do you mean?” seeing her eyes change from a menacing look to deep sadness made me concerned. With a glance at my direction she just laughed bitterly.

 

I'm going back to Japan to get myself checked up. I have a long term illness that grew in my liver for a few years or so. My sister...she doesn't know about this. She just thought I ran away out of hating her.” tears pooled at the edge of her eyelids; and she quickly wiped them away with a sniffle. I stared, feeling completely horrible. How was I supposed to answer her? I couldn't even answer her. I was the person she hated; after all.

 

"The murder weapon..." I spoke up. "there really wasn't... any."

 

Silence stretched again and I can tell she was looking at me with shock with wide eyes. "What do you mean there wasn't any?"

 

"Those girls whom I killed? I never really used any physical weapons. I tricked them - by hurting themselves. I only targeted those who seemed to have mental disorders. It was easier for my job to kill with little effort. I had to treat my own sadistic-driven self." I sighed.

 

"That's why none of the victims have your DNA imprinted on their clothes..." she finalized. I nodded. I explained that I only deceived them into thinking they are not fit to live much longer; which was they told me to kill them. Of course I couldn't; and so they did it themselves. And I watched them in pain. Satisfying the sadistic part of me. Sadistic Taehyung.

 

Before she even replied suddenly we heard a gun shot rang out. Instantly we both ducked our heads and kneeled to the floor. She put her fingers to her lips, as we tried to listen who was outside. Right away she took out her own gun and got up. I stared in disbelief.

 

"Stay here." her crying, distraught self from just moments ago disappeared in her eyes. And through them I saw...the eyes of Mio. The same passion, the same bravery; as her.

 

When she left the room I sighed and crawled closer to the corner, quickly grabbing a knife before I crouched down. If anything, that was the only weapon I could think of. I didn't want to die at such a young and depressing life, if it wasn't so obvious already as to what happened earlier.

 

~~~

 

-Mio-

JUNGKOOK WHAT THE HELL!”I yelled at him. He gave an apologetic smile.

 

"Sorry, Noona. I got really nervous and accidentally pulled the trigger. Don't worry, it won't ever happen again." he said. I sighed, the fast pace of my heart going back to normal. Note to self: Do not ever give Jungkook a gun. Especially if its his first mission.

 

"Let the kid have it. Besides, it's his first time he went with us on our scout outside. His whole life he basically sat behind the computer screen - we all need some light every once in a while." Namjoon patted my shoulder. I shrugged.

 

"I guess." I mumbled an agreement. We were all outside of the house that Hina's track number lead us to, and I'm praying to God this was the right one. I'm nervous, but I also had hope. Holding up my gun I told Jin and Namjoon to surround the side of the building while Jungkook and Yoongi guarded the front entrance. Luckily the door was unlocked, and I had Jimin and Hoseok guarding my back as we looked around the main room.

 

There was no one, but there definitely was someone who was still living in this house. Otherwise they wouldn't leave the tap water running. Quickly striding over to the sink to turn it off, Hoseok called out there was no one in the living room.

 

"No one in the washroom either." Jimin came out. I nodded, checking the living room for myself. There was a blanket to which half of it was lying on the floor, and a pair of slippers were neatly aligned with the carpet. Somewhere deep in my gut I had a bad feeling for some reason...

 

"Hoseok, Jimin. Guard this first floor. I'm going upstairs." keeping alert I slowly crept up the stairs; the wood creaking underneath my feet. I checked the closets, the rooms, and the washrooms as well. I made it to the end of the hall until I saw one door that was open halfway. Taking a deep breath I forced one step forward until I was face to face with it. I closed my eyes.

 

1...2...3. I swung the door to the side to see that the bedroom was empty. Or so I thought.

 

Glancing at the mirror I saw only myself. But in a split second I saw something move and with my instinct taking over I turned around to see a shocked Taehyung, gripping a knife in both his pale shaking hands.

 

"Taehyung?" I whispered. I put away my gun and dropping his knife on the table we just continued to stare at each other. My eyes began to water, my heart feeling heavy. Confusion was written all over my head. Why is he here?

 

"I thought you stayed home...that's what BTS told me." my voice wavered. He asked if they were really here, which I nodded. Cursing under his breath made me even more confused. What in the world was going on?

 

I suddenly felt something cold press against the back of my head. And the click of a trigger pulling back. Slowly I put my hands up in the air in surrender. Wide eyes were both Taehyung's and I's reaction. I controlled my panic with deep, slow breaths as the perpetrator still had the gun on my head.

 

"Turn around." the voice demanded. When I did face them, I gasped. The person did too.

 

Because right in front of me was my sister... in the bone and flesh.

 

"H-Hina." I breathed. She immediately dropped her gun and said my name in a lower tone.

 

"Mio," was wide open. "how are you- what are you-" she stammered. That's when I couldn't hold it in anymore. With all my tears rolling down my cheeks I threw myself over to her in a giant hug. I sobbed mercilessly in her shoulder; gripping the fabric of the shirt. At first she just stood there, trying to calculate what just happened not so long ago. But soon her arms wrapped around me and hugged me even tighter.

 

"Where were you for 2 years? I've been looking everywhere for you!" I hiccuped. I tried wiping away my snot and tears but they just kept coming. With a soft smile she used the pad of her thumbs to clean them off.

 

"I know, it has been a long time. Omo, you grew so tall too." she ruffled my hair. How can she be so calm about this? It was as if nothing happened for these 2 past years...as if she never left my side.

 

"I HATE YOU!" I screamed. I shouted. I threw books across the floor. Yelled some more. Taehyung wrapped his arms around me and once again I just crumbled to the floor; crying heaps of sobs in a teary mess. He hushed me, saying that it was okay. But it only made me feel so much more worse.

 

"Mio, let me get you something to drink, huh? You must be tired." I didn't say anything, but more than anything I really wanted one. Without no words she left the room, giving me time to calm myself.

 

~

 

While the boys were in the main room watching T.V .Hina gave me some tea and we sat at the dinner table, just talking how things were after these 2 years. I told her that I took in the position of the SIU; which was why I ended up with criminals based off her questionable reaction.

 

"That makes sense why they seem so familiar...through a detective's eyes of course." I managed to break a small smile, which she beamed. Quickly however she changed the subject as soon as we heard Taehyung burst out loud laughing.

 

"By the way, earlier," I looked up from my cup; seeing her look all awkward and scratching her neck. "is Kim Taehyung...are you both...?" she nodded her head at his direction.

 

"O-oh, Taehyung-ah? Yeah, we are going out." I blushed. We heard a yell and both turning to their direction I see Jungkook wrestling with him; laughing off the carpet. I smiled small and returned back to facing Hina.

 

"Omo, you two are quite cute. About your boyfriend, I really do apologize. Again." she sipped her tea. I shook my head and said it was alright.

 

"You didn't mean to kidnap him. Besides; his admit is basically evidence for the case. I'm just glad that he's alright." we stayed quiet for a bit with the blaring sounds of the boys on the other side of the room.

 

"It's not just that, Mio. I also apologize for leaving you 2 years ago. I was waiting when to ever tell you this, when it will be a good time." taking a deep shaking breath soon her words came crashing on me like a tidal wave.

 

She left me because of a terminal illness in her liver, and in a week she was going back to Japan to get a medical surgery. I was surprised by how calm I was by all this, thinking that I would be sobbing like a kid again.

 

I asked as to why she never told me until now, and her reply was that it 'shouldn't be my concern.' I scoffed.

 

"'Not my concern'? You're my sister, Onee! How would I not be so concerned?" I gripped tighter on the handle of my porcelain cup. She sighed.

 

"You're my little sister, I don't want-"

 

"So what if I am? I need to know these things Hina! All this time I thought you hated me. Why? Why now?" with my quivering voice I buried my head deep in my hands. I didn't speak for a few more minutes until I felt her hand squeeze mine in reassurance.

 

There was nothing else for us to do really. I had to stay strong for her. I had to stay strong so that she would be cured. If the operation went well, then she would live longer. If it's not treatable, then she only has a year and a half to live.

 

Because it was getting late Hina let us stay; and I convinced her just long enough so we would bring her to the day at the airport.

 

There wasn't enough rooms for all of us, so while Jin, Namjoon and Yoongi took Hina's room she slept in the living room. Hoseok, Jimin and Jungkook took one bedroom. Taehyung and I were able to get one room together, small but effective for us.

 

Over all, these past few days were quite stressful for me. No - all of BTS as well. After washing up I crawled in with Taehyung; putting the blanket over us. With a yawn I cuddled against him and with a long sigh I rested my head against his chest.

 

He soothed my hair away from my face, his fingers across my cheeks. With each lingering touch I only snuggled further into his shirt that smelled so much like fresh new soap.

 

"Go to sleep, Mio." he whispered in my ear.

 

"I just, have all these things in my head though." I traced my fingers along his own tangled hair. "I mean, I just reunited with Hina after so long, and she's leaving? Getting cured from a disease? Do you know how hard it is to take this all in, Taehyung?"

 

"I know. What happened to me was very overwhelming as well. Right now we should both just rest our heads. We'll never be able to sleep until the morning." he joked. I managed to quietly chuckle. With little energy he still was able to cheer me up.

 

With a kiss on my cheek and a kiss on my forehead; I sighed in content and closing my eyes I slept on his broad arm that was spread out. Sleep. That's what we all need.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


A/N

Here's the update I promised! The reason why I couldn't update on Friday was because I was out majority of the afternoon after my last day of school. I was so exhausted I just went to sleep soon after I came home ><

If you guys are confused basically Taehyung admit that the 'weapon' he used in his murdering spree was just persuasion - or tricking his victims in the most psychological way possible. Murderous Tae from before was crazy himself and very sadistic, so just put that little note ahead ^^

Anyways, I hope you guys like this extremely long chapter, as tomorrow's update will be the last one *sobs* T T please don't forget to comment and subscribe, feedback is greatly appreciated :)

Yuppers, I will see guys very soon! Have a great day everyone~

-B.B