Day 13

Lost and Found

Day 13

~Note: slight disturbing imagery in the beginning.~

-Mio-

 

I was walking around the district, looking at the display cases of clothes and accessories. Hearing a giggle beside me I turned around to see Hina with a grin.

 

I think that necklace would look really pretty on you.” she pointed at the glass. I chuckled.

 

You think so?” with a nod and laugh we continued walking onward and I haven't realized how dark and cold it was beginning to get. We decided to warm up and grab a coffee from a nearby cafe.

 

While I ordered Hina whispered beside me saying she would be back, not even telling me where she's going before she walked away behind me. After I got the two orders of americano's I looked around the shop. Hina wasn't sitting in any of the booths.

 

I quickly dashed outside, scouting the area, but I saw no one whom I seen familiar. “Hina! Hina!” I began to shout. With deep concern I decided to ask a man walking in my direction; his gaze facing downward.”Excuse me,” I say. “Have you seen a girl with black hair coming out of this cafe?” I ask.

 

The man stopped walking, and suddenly my stomach clenched with a knot. Why do I feel so hesitant all of a sudden?

 

Slowly the man looked up, and I flinched by his expression. His eyes were big and bulged right of his sockets, deep wrinkles across his forehead and his mouth had an odd grin that spread across his face. When he talked his right eye and lips twitched. “Hina?” his voice became rasp. In my head there was a red signal in my brain, telling me to 'RUN AWAY! DON'T TRUST HIM!'. “H-how do you know...her name?” I backed away slowly.

 

He just stood there; still beaming that creepy smile. “Hina is dead.”

 

The cups dropped to the floor at my feet. I shook my head in disbelief. “No. No she's not.” my voice quivered. He kept saying it over and over, as it traveled to my head in whispers. Turning away I quickly ran, dodging those in the sidewalk. They all had similar expressions and saying 'Hina is dead. Hina is dead.'. With panic I ran even faster.

 

Hina! Where are you?” I shouted. Suddenly whilst running the scene changed and I'm at the top of a building, overview the whole city. Hina's back was turned to me; as she stood near the edge with a stiff position. Relief swelled in my heart.

 

God, where the hell were you? I was looking everywhere for you,” when my hand touched her shoulder she spun around; and my breath caught in my throat.

 

Hina is dead.” twisted ruefully. She has the same expression...just like everyone else. Before I knew it she leaned back and over the ledge. Simultaneously I grabbed out for her but she was out of my reach. Just like that she fell.

 

NO!”~~~~


I woke up with my face drenched in sweat, gasping for air. I looked around frantically realizing that I was just dreaming. It wasn't real. Sitting up I heard my phone vibrating, and looking at the icon it was Taehyung.

 

"Morning jagiya~" Taehyung's voice crooned. "did you sleep well?"

 

I clenched tighter on my blanket. "O-oh, yeah I did." I lied. he chuckled.

 

"Well, I just wanted to remind you that our little date will be later this afternoon. Do you want to meet at your house or at the SIU office?" he asked.

 

"Maybe at the office. I just have a few things to do before we go." with agreement we set up a time and soon he hang up, leaving me still in bed. Groggily I got out the mattress and checked the time - it was quarter past 8.

 

I made breakfast and quickly put on a simple cream lace dress, with a red cable knit sweater over. I grabbed my black combats and headed out the door to the office.

 

"Hello? Anyone here?" when I entered the main room I saw a small spike of bright hair peaking out from the desk. When the person turned around he stared at me with wide eyes.

 

"Mio? What are you doing here? We don't work on Saturdays." Yoongi stood up. I smirked.

 

"I could be asking you the same thing." I crossed my arms. "by the way, what are you doing?" I asked curiously, looking over his shoulder at his table filled with gimmicks and wrenches. A small circular object was on the table. He followed my direction.

 

"Ah, this? I'm fixing this old gas bomb I used back in my criminal days. I'm rewiring the object so that when this place stinks it would release a rose scent. Advice when you're bringing food over: don't bring pickled Anchovy!" he scrunched up his nose, making me laugh.

 

"Will do." I agreed. With a smile he then began tweaking the little widgets on it.

 

"Say...what are you doing here? Shouldn't you be at your date with Taehyung?" I stood up more straighter, realizing why I did come here from the beginning.

 

"Right. I wanted you and BTS to take a look at this case." Taking a folder out of my bag I placed it on the table. Hesitating he picked it up and took out the papers, quickly scanning the pages.

 

Missing Case

Name: 21 year old Hina Aoshi

Day last seen: April 23rd

Time reported: 7:30 am

Details: Last seen coming out of her house early morning of the day. No other evidence been left behind. Only person she last contacted with was her sister Mio Aoshi.

 

"Hina...Aoshi...'Missing' case?" he furrowed his eyebrows; looking at me.

 

"I kept under my hands for awhile. Since I'm in a new investigation unit any cases I held can be transferred to work to my new division. I'm hoping you'll be able to help me with this, in fact I want all of BTS to." I say.

 

He never said anything, for he just continued to stare. Then he nodded solemnly.

 

"We'll do everything we can to help." he smiled. With my gratitude I reached over and gave him the most tightest hug, which he began to shout in surprise.

 

"Thank you! Thank so much Yoongi!" I grinned. With a chuckle he patted the small part of my back.

 

Finally, I'll be able to find just where my sister might be.

 

~

 

And so, I went on my date with Taehyung for the afternoon. We never did anything too special, just ate Soondubuchigae and went to have some bubble tea right after. We walked around the Han river just talking, holding hands while the water sprayed us with a sea salt mist on our skin.

 

"You know," I squeezed his hand tight. "one day we should go to the beach for summer vacation. Just the two of us." he looked down at me and smiled, kissing my forehead.

 

"Sure. Maybe I'll get to tease you how much cuter you'll be with a one piece." he nudged his nose against mine. I laughed, pushing him away.

 

"Babo." I scoffed, rolling my eyes. His smile dropped as his attention went to me, with his mouth dropped to a surprised look. His hands suddenly cupped my face and I stared at him in shock.

 

"Hey, did you get any sleep last night? Your eyes are swollen and you have dark circles too!" he pivoted my faced to and fro. I shrank underneath him; leaning away from his touch.

 

"Actually, I didn't." I admit. "I had a really bad dream last night..." he said nothing, for his smile was that he had was still there. Without much words he gave me assurance that he'll listen to whatever I had to say.I gladly took the offer.

 

I told him about the dream starting off with my sister and ended it with her falling from the building; adding the details of the odd looking people and what they whispered to me. "When you called me saying if I slept, I lied under pressure. I'm sorry." I bowed in apology.

 

He said nothing as his head was turned away from my face. I wonder, what was he feeling at the moment? Mad? Upset? I inched closer to him and placed a hand on his shoulder.

 

"A-ah, I see." his voice remained neutral. His eyes darted back up at mine and I couldn't help but notice: he looked a little uncomfortable. Why?

 

"Sorry, Mio; but can we end our little date today? I realized I had some things to finish up at home." he scratched the back of his neck. My hands fell to the side, disappointment falling as well.

 

After he walked me home that day I noticed he never even held my hand. While being side to side he grew a distance between us.

 

When we arrived at my house he gave a small peck on the lips and apologized once again for ending our date. I never questioned as why he did so, so I believed his words.

 

I'll give him the space he needs. I think that's what he would want the most from me anyways.

 

 

 


A/N

Yup, here's the latest chapter!
So about the story... of course Yoongi knows about Hina and is keeping away the fact that Taehyung is also looking for her. Hohoho will the secret be kept?
I'll let you guys dream on ><

Please just make sure to check my feedback, I may not have the time to update for I am very busy with school as always =.=
Don't forget to subscribe and comment, feedback is greatly appreciated ^^

Anyhoo, have a great day everyone~

-B.B