Day 2

Lost and Found

Day 2


-Mio-

I have already gotten my first case after settling down in SIU, which was a homicide case.

 

Victim: 23 year old woman Kim Myungsi

Time of Death: Estimated around 12-2 pm.

Cause: Blunt force trauma on the back of the head. Weapon to be a flower vase

 

The only two accountants whom were very close with her is her brother and ex-boyfriend.”Namjoon explained the file. “Apparently during questioning the ex says he never committed the crime, and the brother says that his testimony is a lie.”

 

Is there anything found at the crime scene?” I asked.

 

Prescript medicine on the floor, broken glasses and of course, the murder weapon.” Jin answered.

 

Hmm.” I pondered. “Jin, maybe you should try and find out about what kind of substance the pills are, just to give us a little more info pertaining the victim. Namjoon, did they give the weapon into evidence? I might as well analyze it for any fingerprints.” with a nod he motioned me into the lab. Of course, I never realized that Taehyung was also there.

 

First day of primary research in our team.” Taehyung mock saluted when I entered. Scoffing I put on my lab coat hanging from the rack.

 

I'm not expecting to be oh-so close in bonding, just so you know.” I retorted. He looked at me with a blank expression, to which I rolled my eyes. Does he seriously have no idea what that meant?

 

That means, no flirting. At all.” I pointed. After a moment he chuckled,earning me furrowing my eyes in confusion. To my extent he nodded, a little too eagerly.

 

Arasso.” he put his hands up in surrender. Confidently I stride past him and went over to the table where the weapon is placed.

 

The latex gloves fit my hands perfectly and I grabbed my brush and Xenotine powder. Considering that the killer used this vase, his fingerprints would most likely be at the top if he held it upside down to attack. Dusting the top I soon brushed it off all the while Taehyung the green light for it to show. Oddly enough, there wasn't any prints.

 

That's weird,” I pondered, putting Xenotine and brushing it away for the second time. “No prints.”

 

Have you tried at the bottom?” he suggested. I looked at him quizzically. Why on earth would it be at the bottom? After minutes of just staring and completely refusing his idea he sighed and took the products away from my hands, dusting the top edge of the glass and sure enough under the light; two prints appeared.

 

In embarrassment I looked away, mentally cursing myself in not at least trying to listen to him. I'm a professional forensic expert, and already the 1st mistake. Let me go under a rock and hide.

 

Luckily Taehyung never rubbed it in my face, but instead he had to bite his lip before growing to a subtle smirk. Behind his back I gave him a death glare.

 

We were able to identify that the fingerprints – bloody - belonged to the brother(he held the murder weapon?) and whilst meeting with the rest of BTS Jin got the results of the prescription pills in less time than us getting our DNA analysis.

 

The substance contains Nmeniula; which are found in pills for anti-depressants. The bottle was only prescribed for Kim Myungsi only, and apparently the doctor who recommended it was actually her ex-boyfriend.”

 

Her ex...is a doctor?” Taehyung's expression showed in bewilderment. Jin nodded.

 

Hoseok soon piped up the conversation with a new document and placed it on the table in front of us, a wide-eye smile at each of us. “But get this: When we checked the victim's body no traces were found. Weird, right?” he chuckled. “So I did the greatest thing possible – getting the saliva chemical dose from the witness and defendant themselves!”he gave me a grin as if that was the best plan he made. I stood there shocked and absolutely baffled; while the others were not shocked by it as much as I was.

 

W-why on earth would you do that?! Using them as part of your little experiment without their informed consent...that's highly unethical!” I exclaimed. Basically, doing something without debriefing the participants (in this case the brother and ex-boyfriend of the victim) is illegal according to the agency rules. Taehyung intervened.

 

Actually, it isn't. We aren't harming them, and we're still following the guidelines of investigation. Hoseok hyung has the degree of being a psychologist, so he can do whatever he needs to do and it won't be considered illegal.”

 

Sure, he had a point. But even so, I can't believe this was how they; Taehyung especially, can just let this absurd action pass by. I was beginning to doubt whether or not they're considered to be a real investigation team. No pun intended.

 

I decided to not let that bother me for the rest of the investigation and soon requested for any place last seen of the victim. Jungkook, the supposed hacker, was able to find the exact time and date by finding out the last 4 digits of her phone; to which tracked down the locations. Of course,all thanks to Yoongi for tap wiring the victim's phone.

 

Jimin has also analyzed as to the dynamics of how the flower vase was used as a potential weapon, and by the end he concluded that the attack wasn't just a swing-and-hit; but rather it hit the victim as a nail being hammered.

 

By the end of the day there were just so many twists and new unexpected methods that I being part of the agency for two years would have never learned about. However I wouldn't say that they were all good impacts on me. They're seen as criminals working on cases to catch other criminals... is just very confusing in my sense. Maybe even a little nerve-racking.

 

I was looking through my journal of my longtime missing sister case in my office when I heard the door creak open. In panic I closed the page and put it under my binder, just before turning around to see it was just Taehyung.

 

Oh, you're still here? I thought you would be gone home by now.” his eyes darted to my desk in suspicion along with raised eyebrows. “What...were you looking at?”

 

I stood up quickly, brushing off imaginary dust off my pants. “Nothing important for you to know.” I replied firmly. His eyebrow rose a little higher and to my relief just shrugged without further questions.

 

Geez, I understand that it feels a little...hard to be in this division, but I really am just trying to be nice. Can't you cut me some slack at least?” he smiled in hope. I glared at him dead on.

 

I'm likely positive that charming one of your co-workers isn't exactly nice; in my dictionary.” I crossed my arms, puffed a taut breath before shutting my desk lamp and grabbing my bag before exiting the room. Taehyung caught up and stopped in front of me; just oh-so close to the door out of this place. Dammit, Taehyung. What else does he want?

 

I can't believe I have to do this but...” letting out a sigh he bowed deeply, making my eyes wide in surprise. “I'm sorry for mistreating you, Mio.” looking back up his eyes were deep with all seriousness. “I promise to not ever do that again. Ever.” he emphasized that last word. Stunned for words, I said nothing. With that aside he allowed me full access of my path and I walked out the building and into the streets of the night. That moment kept replaying over and over, still unsure as to where the hell that sudden apology came from. Did the guys tell him to apologize? Who knows. Did I feel guilty for being such an to him a moment ago in the office? A little. A light breeze picked up and pulled back my hair, as I looked up to see the full moon reflect upon my eyes. I sighed.

 

I forgive you, Taehyung.”I breathed a puff of air. Just this one time. No harm done.

 


A/N

Ooooh, a new case with SIU :) by the way, the victim is an OC, just to let you guys know.
But anyways, I hope you like this chapter! Please comment/subscribe, I would love to hear from you guys. If you want to talk/questions, I have my blog right here.

Okay, see you guys on the next update! Have a great day~

-B.B