Day 3

Lost and Found

 

Day 3


With the amount of info we've gathered, the victim was murdered by a brain trauma from a flower vase. The only two accounts is the witness: the brother and the ex-boyfriend: the called in suspect. Of course the ex pleads guilty and the witness calls to say that testimony is false. Clearly, one of them is lying.

 

From what we know the weapon has the brother's prints all over it; bloodied to be exact”,Taehyung said the next day of the investigation. “Hyung, did you get the Nmeniula test from both accounts?” his attention went towards Hoseok. Eagerly the psychologist shot up from his desk chair and placed down two different colored graphs. He first pointed at the blue graph.

 

The ex-boyfriend? Obviously in him being a doctor he had no trace whatsoever.” he then pointed to the graph; which showed much more of an pattern than the other.

 

The brother if you can't tell by these results is that he indeed had some Nmeniula in his system; a mere 13.5% to be exact.”I looked carefully at the numbers, which I was impressed by his...saliva work.

 

Yoongi then abrupt us with a new testimony being given by the police just 45 minutes ago in a print. He gave it to me to read aloud.

 

Suspect: I...was there at her house, yes.

S: She called me, saying she had something urgent to tell me. When I came to her house I heard a crash of something falling. You said there was broken glass on the floor, correct?

S: They were yelling, I hid behind a wall towards the kitchen. Myungsi was exclaiming something about...'stop taking them!' and 'do you know how much it's hurting you?'.

S: I'm sorry, I never actually seen their faces. I only heard their voices.

S: The only thing that came after all their arguing was a sentence from Myungsi: 'Just wait after I tell him!' my phone soon vibrated in my pocket. She was calling me...at the exact same time. But she didn't know I too was in the house as well.

S: I heard a loud thump, like a body falling to the ground. In panic I knew that it was Myungsi's body on the ground when I peeked out. Hyung (note: Myunsi's brother) was on the phone probably calling the police. I tried to see what he was holding in his other hand but he saw me just at the wrong time.

S: I ran out but soon got caught by the police less than a block away.

S: Up to now I think what Myungsi and her brother were talking about that day was about me, though I don't know why.

S: Yes, It was me who gave her those anti-depressants. She asked for them every month, and I was worried that she was taking an overdose so I would give her an appointment every so often.

S: What? Her body had no traces of it? That's strange...if she had them for awhile I'm sure it would succumb to it.

S: Hyung? He sure seemed different. I mean, I've met him many times when Myungsi and I were still dating; and we were pretty close too. Ah, I remember! Weeks after we broke up and she began requesting for prescription she told me her brother has gotten insomnia. She seemed really worried too.

S: Right, about that night. Call it as you will; but physically wise, Hyung had some sort of shoulder twitches, and his voice was almost shallow; rasp if I recall. Last time we met, he was pretty fit at his age. Ha, I almost thought he was someone else!

S: That's all I know, therefore I apologize. No matter what I still do plead not guilty, and I really am sorry for the loss of Kim Myungsi.

-End-

 

To sum it all up, the ex-boyfriend was called by the victim in an urgent meeting at their house and has heard the victim's brother at the night of the murder. He witnessed right after the murder, to which he ran out and been arrested for the suspicions. Not only that, but we even found out about the relationship with the brother and the ex; as well as the brother's symptoms both physically and mentally.

 

What I don't get is the brother's appearance. He was...twitching? Maybe lack of sleep?” I say in curiosity. Hoseok shook his head.

 

No, I studied those symptoms. Twitching caused by loss control of the bone marrow tissue, red shot eyes and stuttering is the long term effect of a chemical addiction.”

 

My eyes widen, and looking over at Taehyung he had the same expression. So if the brother was an addict, just what was he...suddenly it felt as if a light bulb appeared on top of my head. I took the chemical analysis of the brother and not to my surprise I was indeed expecting the results of them. Taehyung peeked and I heard a small reaction from him.

 

If he was an addict, there would only be one drug he was attached to. “Namjoon, get all the background info of the brother. Jungkook, then track down his current location.”

 

Already they put themselves to work but Jungkook soon interfered. “There's a possible chance that he might move from his current location, so we need a back up.” he then eyes Taehyung and I, a small smirk growing on his lips. I shifted uncomfortably in my position.

 

Oh, no.” I grumbled, face palming. “Please don't make me do this.” I pleaded, and just my luck the others caught on. I turned to Taehyung if he would protest as well but all he did was shrug, with a single sentence: “Okay.”

 

'Okay' what?” I growled, and he smiled by how bitterly miserable I was. What a sadist.

 

We're going to catch him. You. And. I.” he pointed fingers. I bit my lip, my hands forming white knuckles. His smirk grew to which I realized: how can I work with this little ?

 

~

 

Namjoon dropped us at the pharmacy store and hid right behind the vitamins. The suspect had a hood over to which made him even more suspicious to those around, though he didn't notice the suspicious glances.

 

With his back turned it was Taehyung's cue to get up and act as an 'innocent' customer. I watched as he scanned the row of medicine and slowly striking conversation as to asking what he was holding. He initiated a small conversation and soon he gave me thumbs up behind for my turn.

 

Fixing my cap I bumped into the brother on purpose to which all his prescription fell on the floor. Sure enough it was the Nmeniula that the ex was talking about. As I was helping him he quickly just grabbed them and stuffed it right into his bag; getting up and storming out.

 

I stood up to look at Taehyung and we both glanced. Soon, we followed out and when we did he did a full speed run, making it a large chase scene. He zipped through crowds and wildly made turns to alleyways, but in the end we managed to chase him all the way to a dead wall.

 

A white vehicle appeared and out came the cops. But when they approached him he tried to throw punches and kicks, while they tried calming him down before bringing out the guns. Taehyung and I then decided to help by doing the risky thing – we charged and pinned him right down, making him squirm and thrash about. He growled.

 

You're under arrest for the murder of Kim Myungsi, and will be testified for the crime. You have the right to get a lawyer at any given time for your defense.” Taehyung declared.

 

Cursing and spitting, the police eventually arrested him for good. Somewhere deep me I felt as if all the tension just released itself entirely. All that excitement, adrenaline; just surpassed me that I just returned back...to where I was before. Back to me. Was I disappointed that it was over? Taehyung's chuckle broke the silence.

 

With the way he punches, you know that drug is working on him way too quickly.”he joked. I sighed, crossing my arms.

Tell me about it.”

 

~

 

I finished up my last report for the case in my office when I heard the rapt of the door. Turning around I see Taehyung peeking in. “May I come in?” he murmured, to which I allowed with a nod. “Shouldn't you be at home by now?” he asked, casually eyeing the painted walls. I got up and grabbed my blazer off my chair and bag.

 

Yeah, right now actually.” I checked the time on my phone.

 

Mind if I walk you home then?” he asked, which my eyebrow rose in surprise. Before I opened my mouth to speak he interrupted: “And no, I'm not going to kill you or anything.” I scoffed.

 

You can't even get away with murder with your situation. I stood up more straighter and smiled. “Why not?”

 

To be honest, I thought the walk would be kind of awkward considering we only knew each other for just a day or so. But he sure turn that scenario around – he asked me simple things here and there about my personal life and whatnot; which I found myself becoming more open to him. And I was okay with that.

 

Okay, one last question I want to ask.” he said as we stood face to face in front of my house. “Why do you seem to be so annoyed with me?” of course I thought he was kidding but with his blank expression he was pretty serious. I sighed, sheepishly rubbing the back of my neck.

 

I-it's hard for me to be more open with others.” I admit. “I mean, not just because of your hard past – okay, maybe a tiny bit of it – but; I guess I would if I really do trust them.” I say. For awhile he never said anything, just stared at me with his large eyes. Then he smiled big, extending his hand. I gazed down at it.

 

Well then, forensic partner,” he extended it arms length. “I would like to formally apologize and decide to make a new friendship pact: as partners of science and crime. You got a deal?”

 

I stared, and soon clasped my hand over his, laughing. “Promise me this: if you apologize one more time for no good reason, I will seriously end our partnership in the forensics. Seriously; I hate it because it makes me feel guilty for something.”

 

You can count my word for it.” he mock saluted. I couldn't believe it, but the boy in front of me, the scientist with the criminal past, I have just became friends with. I wonder if I will ever regret that decision later on in my life.

 

 


A/N

Picture does not belong to me by the way, so credit to the owner lol >< but I wanted to show his disguise for this chapter so I chose a pic that made him the most discreet in my sense ^^; (and shows more of his good looking features heheh)

Sooo in other news I have school starting again tomorrow - I honestly don't know why they would want to start the new semester on a Friday - but anyways of course I will most likely be very busy once again. As soon as I have time I'll update!

Contact on my blog: here and I hope you like this chapter! Comment/subscribe and I hope you have a great day~

-B.B