Day 15

Lost and Found

Day 15

~~~~~

-Mio-
 

I never spoke to Taehyung the whole day afterwards. At work when he tried to talk to me I simply went with the others who were nearby instead. I focused on my own tasks, and even being in the lab with him all I did was just work on filing the DNA.

 

During lunch, I never went with BTS for ramen. Namjoon insisted, but I said I'll stay at the office and bring my own food from home. It was hard to avoid Taehyung for he was always around me - he is my forensic partner. I had to hold on just for a little longer until my shift was done for the day.

 

I ended earlier, actually. When I asked Namjoon he dismissed me immediately, to just: 'don't over work yourself and get the time you need over...others'. As if I don't know what he meant by the last sentence.

 

Before I left the place what they didn't know was that I took the information from Jungkook's computer on Hina's location and emailed it to myself. So while they were eating lunch I switched out the computer disks and transferred the files to my address, then put them in a new one so his computer wouldn't track down any new changes to the software.

 

Going home I opened up the information from my laptop and checked where she was tracked. My eyes squint as I scroll down to the bottom where the full link is. Without hesitation I clicked on it.

 

Taebaek? Why would she be there?” I pondered out loud. I went to Google maps and typed out the numbers to find the directions. Once that showed I wrote them down quickly and packed up my belongings in a small suitcase.

 

I never realized for the whole evening that my phone kept ringing. Picking it up I almost slid the green icon when my eyes landed on the contact: Kim Taehyung.

 

Taking a deep breath I swiped the red icon instead. I deleted all the 34 messages and voice mails and right away shut my phone off. Going up to my room I grabbed everything that I would need - spare clothes, my toothbrush, shampoo, even my phone charger and laptop.

 

Looking over at my desk table my eyes stopped at a small picture frame. Picking it up it was the last photo I took with Hina before she disappeared. Her smile radiated with so much glow and her eyes shone bright as it looked at mine. Clutching it I sighed.

 

"I'm one step closer to finding you, Onee." I whispered; the wooden frame. "just wait for me." beside the photo laid my blue journal; which I hardly touched. Slowly putting the picture frame back I took it in my hand instead. I scanned the amount of entries I wrote, all the way where |I stopped at an empty page . Soon an idea popped in my head. Sitting down I set the book flat and grabbing a pen I began to write.

 

~

 

The next morning I woke up from my digital alarm clock set at 6:30 AM. I knew I had to hurry for the next train will arrive in 30 minutes. The next at 11:00 am. After eating my breakfast I took a shower and put on denim jeans and an army jacket over my black tank top.

 

Luckily I got everything I needed before I left the house. If it wasn't so obvious already, I packed up in time to run away. Who knows how long I'll be able to come back, but I'm thinking too far ahead. BTS doesn't know about it. I never told both the investigations unit. Taehyung doesn't know either. My only priority right now is to make sure I find my sister.

 

I was able to find a good spot near the window of the train, with my suitcase occupying the seat next to mine. There weren't too many passengers, which I was glad for the quiet atmosphere because then I can catch up on my rest.

 

I rested my eyes and leaned back on the cushion of my seat. I rested for a few minutes until I jumped right back up; completely forgetting to turn on my phone. As soon as I did the bing! of my notifications popped up: 1 VOICE MESSAGE.

 

Voice mail? I checked when it was send and the time set at 9 at night yesterday. Ah,that makes sense. I turned off my phone that time. Putting my earphones I decided to hear the message and when hearing I sat frozen. It was Taehyung.

 

"*sigh*, I swear this will be the last time I call you. Promise. I know you're pissed at me for not telling you, and you have all the right to do so. I know I'm a jerk. I know I screwed up. Right now I don't even want to find your sister anymore, I just want you to talk to me again.

"Take all the time in the world, Mio. I'll still be waiting. Since you're listening now I may as well say it straight up before my time is up for the message:I'm sorry.

I apologize for hurting you and for making you upset. I swear; I won't ever lie to you ever again. I don't want to hurt my girlfriend like that, not hurt you. I love you Mio. And I'll see you tomorrow then. Night."

 

And the message finished. "If you like to hear the message again, press-"beep. I shut off my phone, slowly taking off my earphones. My breath hitched in my throat; as it closed up for an upcoming sob. I began to laugh softly to myself; in a quivering state. Tears dropped to my hands and stained my cheeks. I gripped tighter on my jeans.

 

"Tae..." my voice shook. "you babo."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


A/N

Happy 1 year anniversary of me since Iast joined AsianFanfics! To celebrate I put up this chapter haha ><
Just saying, you might want to hold your tears. Trust me on that XP

But chyeah; here comes the angst hohoo...I'll end it off here :) don't forget to subscribe and comment, feedback is greatly appreciated ^^

Another update for the weekend, so thanks for waiting so patiently! Have a great day everyone~

-B.B