Day 6

Lost and Found

Day 6

~~~~~~

-Mio-

It was another day to us investigating, and I was sure as hell Taehyung was acting weird around me. Does he usually sweat this much?

 

Yah, Taehyung.” I snapped my fingers, which he looked up quickly from examining the corpse from another table. I took the the tray and brought it up to the chamber cabinet behind, shutting it closed. I turned to him with a sigh.

 

You were supposed to bring the reports of it to the PIU, not cut it up some more.” I retorted. He rubbed the back of his neck, mumbling a 'sorry' in complying. My anger dissipate when I noticed his blooming pink cheeks and his flustered expression. Suddenly I felt bad for being so angry.

 

Taehyung-ah...are you okay?” I placed a hand on his shoulder; which he flinched and backed away slightly. My hand hung in the air and then I slowly dropped it my expression concerned.

 

I-I'm going to get some fresh air.” he stuttered, quickly exiting the room before I could even blink. What's wrong with him? Sighing I let it be and continued on, returning with the kidnapping case.

 

Minutes after abruptly I heard a noise and when I looked up thinking it was Taehyung it was just Namjoon. “Got any more info of the kidnapping situation?”

 

I shook my head. “We were able to retrieve her handbag by the PIU, and sure enough there was two prints; the victim and supposedly the kidnapper. But unfortunately the kidnapper, or suspect; worn leather gloves, so it's hard to identify their finger prints.”

 

He nodded, taking in the information. He looked up and with surprise written on his face, he eyed the room. “Where's...” he began. I dropped my filed paper on the table and frowned.

 

He just went out to get fresh air. Sure acting weird today...” I mumbled the last sentence under my breath. Namjoon just bit his lips and nodded, though I noticed he was hiding a faint smile before he left.

 

When I opened the on the way out I see Taehyung mid way into opening the door, and with our close distance he jumped back instantly in allowing me out. “You feeling better?” I asked.

 

He nodded numbly. “Y-yeah, getting more space after being in a stuffy room helped.” I smirked.

 

Well, as long as you're not sick on the job. Now c'mon, we have to update our case file.” he followed me to the main room where the rest of BTS were and for the most part; spread across doing their own work. Not to mention that Hoseok (not surprisingly) tried to test Jin's mental state by making him draw circles.

 

Ah, I see.” he carefully looked at the recent drawing of the latter's , his face deep in concentration. When he saw me immediately he tried to get me doing the test as well, but with Jin giving me warning eyes and a quick shake of his head I refused.

 

Well, based on the psychologist Carl Jung artistic therapy can discover our connection with archetypes that connect with what is really in our unconscious mind.” he smiled at his proud information given. I looked at Taehyung with a wry look, though he mouthed that it was normal for him to do those things. How ironic.

 

We need to report if any of you guys found more about the kidnapping case?”I spoke loud enough that everyone in heard in the room and stopped at what they were doing. Jimin spoke up first.

 

I found out at the scene that there was a meal pipe hidden off the wall of the wall so it wouldn't be discovered. Guess what was on it~” he singsonged, giving me the picture. I took a long glance.

 

Ah-blood!” I pointed out with surprise. Jimin nodded.

 

It's the victim's alright, but in detail it seemed to have fallen off the pipes of the store, unsure if the victim got hit with as a fault accident, or if the kidnapper swung an indirect attack.” he concluded. I thanked him and asked anyone else if they have gotten more leads, but still nothing.

 

Sighing I just went back to my office and filed out the case into an updated document, and while thinking Taehyung had followed me he hadn't.

 

God, why am I thinking of him? I shook my head quickly. No, he's just my forensic partner. Yeah, just my forensic partner. I concluded. Suddenly I heard a knock and turning around it was Jungkook.

 

Noona, V hyung is looking for you. He says it's important?” I couldn't help but smile upon him calling me 'noona'. It felt weird, considering that it was just so foreign to me. Nonetheless I followed him to see Taehyung was standing outside the main room of SIU and fidgeting with his fingers.

 

You called me? I asked, crossing my arms. He coughed into his hand, cheeks solemn pink.

 

Mio, I... have something to say to you.”his fingers clamped around each other tight that they shown white. “I know we have been partners for a little bit, and things may not have started so well either.”I cocked my head to the side, wondering on where he was going with this.

 

But I want to go and slide out from that and start fresh. You see, Mio; I...”

 

-Taehyung-

 

Just those 3 words have been stuck in my throat, urging to come out each time I wanted to talk to her. But now that we're actually face to face I began to sweat and no matter how much I wanted to say them, they bailed out last minute. Just say it, Taehyung!

 

I li-li-” how hard is it to say 'I like you'? C'mon Taehyung, you never get this nervous around girls – unless you're on for the murdering reason but that doesn't count. Taking a deep breath I began again.“I like-”

 

Suddenly I hear a phone vibrating of an incoming phone call, and sure enough it was Mio's. “Who is calling me during this time?” she mumbled. I had the same thought. She held the phone close to her ear, and immediately her face rounded with surprise. “Hoseok-sshi?”

 

As if on cue he comes out to meet us with a big smile on his face, shutting off his phone. “Just wanted to make sure I got your phone number right in mine.” he waved the device in front of her face. She furrowed her eyebrows and asked how did he get it (which all our information has been sealed by the Investigation Units) to which he replied that it was 'top secret'.

 

Actually, I accidentally looked into Jungkook's computer file that was open on his desktop? I think he was sorting our info for SIU but uh, I just so happened to find your number and so I planted it into my phone contacts. Now you may be asking why on earth I did so.” he grinned foolishly. I scoffed and rolled my eyes. We're all thinking of that.

 

Oh, I'm very curious.” she smirked. Shrugging he continued.

 

I have been meaning to ask if you wanted to hang out this Friday? You see, SIU is letting us off work an hour earlier and I was wondering if you would like to watch a movie? Dinner? Honestly whatever you prefer – but as long as we're hanging out.” I swear I think my mouth dropped to the floor. Did he just ask her out?

 

She pursed her lips. “Hmm...” she rubbed her forearm. I looked at her with a sudden plea, praying she would refuse. Why now did he ask her out? Just when I was going to confess?! “-Okay, why not?” she replied. Hoseok did a little happy dance and with them saying they would call each other he left, leaving just us two again.

 

Are you really going to hang out with him?” I stared at her. Her expression remained blank and unchanged. “He's a psycho! Literally!” she sighed, crossing her arms.

 

I'm well aware, thank you. But, we're just hanging out, nothing more than that. Besides, it's my chance to get to know him more for work. You know, getting to know your team?” she pointed out. True, but even so...

 

Aish, I have to send that case to PIU.” she looked at her phone for the time. She looked at me with her large eyes, and bowing; leaving me frozen. “Mianhe, but maybe we can talk about this some other time? I really need to finish up in the office.” she says urgently. Blinking I nodded, gesturing for her to go. Soon it was just me and my jumbled thoughts in my brain.

 

One more word and I would of said it. If Hoseok hyung never came then this would have been different. With a slump I returned back to the main forensic office.

~~~~

 


A/N

Another update, pretty quick too. Unfortuneately for me to put another chapter may depend on the time because school's back and all, so I deeply apologize and I thank you for your patience! ^^
I hope y'all would comment and subscribe, I love to hear your feedback! Social media if you want to get to know me and stuff is here.

See you on the next update! Have a great day ~

-B.B