Day 8

Lost and Found

Day 8

~~~~~~

-Mio-

I woke up an hour before my alarm on my phone, and because I couldn't go back to sleep again I took a shower and dressed up for work. After I grabbed breakfast on the go.

There was a bistro cafe just across my condo and a pretty fast service when it comes to rush hour. Not to mention; they make killer Hibiscus tea.

After I've gotten my ham and omelet panini with my tea I quickly shuffled across the sidewalk. I was side-stepping just in case someone might knock my beverage down from rushing to work. Arriving I was an hour early coming to work and I was the only one awake amongst the team. Or so I thought.

 

Morning, noona- er, I mean...Mio-ssi.” Jungkook bowed. I chortled a laugh, returning a bow in return.

Well, you're up early. Are you always up around 7 in the morning?” I ask. He shook his head.

 

Usually, especially when I'm hungry.” he gave a small pout, rubbing his stomach. I couldn't help but smile. With a cutie like him you wouldn't even realize he's a worldwide criminal. I noticed that he eyed the bag in my hand, to which I soon followed my gaze afterwards. Then a sudden realization hit me.

 

Oh, did you have breakfast yet? If you didn't, why don't we eat together?” I offered. He stared at me, shaking his head and refused; though with the way his eyes sparkled with hunger and desperation I knew.

 

So I reached out for his hand and dragged him to the coffee table in the main room, letting him sit across from me. Unraveling my sandwich I gave the other half to him, soon grabbing a paper cup from a close water dispenser and pouring some of my tea in. He stared at the food in awe and surprise, then trailed that same expression to me.

 

As your 'noona', I'm advising you to eat before you starve yourself on the job. That's an order.” I smiled teasingly. Soon he broke into a small grin and without much words he munched into the sandwich.

 

We cleaned up the table and an hour later the others arrived. Namjoon, Yoongi, and even Jin looked shocked by how early I came, but ignored it and went off to their tasks just like normal. Before Jungkook returned to his computer he bowed in thanks.

 

Thank you for the sandwich and tea, noona!” and soon he dashed away. Aish, this kid.

 

Let me guess: you gave him breakfast that he's so happy right now, am I right?”Jin whispered beside me.

I told him we're not that close to call me noona.” I rolled my eyes. Soon I hear Hoseok and Jimin come in chattering among themselves until I realized that there was only 6 of BTS' members in the room.

 

Where's...” I began, which no one knew where Taehyung was. Jin reached for his phone but yet no one picked up the line. I asked Namjoon if Taehyung felt sick the other day or had some sort of injury but he said he was perfectly fine.

 

Wait, lemme call this guy.” I muttered under my breath, dialing the number and placing the receiver against my ear. But soon I hear the door slam shut to see Taehyung bustling in a hurried state. We all just stood and stare.

 

Why the hell are you-” I began, but he interrupted my thoughts with a hand in the air.

 

The kidnapper. I know where they are.” he breathed. The room was stunned silent, as was I. Without further explanation he walked past me and instructed Jungkook

to type out the codes we received.

 

We peered over the computer screen to see a blinking red dot on the map, which was just outside the city's area where we were.

 

How do you know this is the kidnapper and not some random stranger's account?” Jimin scrunched up his nose. Taehyung then just dragged the cursor and clicked on it, showing a full portfolio of the name. I gasped.

 

Nam Doyun? Isn't that...the victim's cousin?”I say bewildered. Noting that the profile picture looks like the victim he nodded.

 

He changed his name so others wouldn't know. His original name is Hwa Doyun, and lived off the city for a month until I found out.” he explained that he applied as a cashier at a book store. He noticed that whenever Doyun finished work he drives the opposite direction of where he lives.

 

"I always by the street and see that same person. I got curious and asked the residents around and they too thought the same thing. He lived in the opposite direction of the city's uphill road path. So I took a picture of his license plate and searched online where has he last been with that car. Believe it or not but isn't that same license number the one as a so-called kidnapping van?” he smirked. I blinked.

 

Wow, so in less than a day you seemed to figure that all out?” I crossed my arms.

 

Well, not exactly. In less than a day I got the accurate conclusion, with the research of course. Also I have instincts. You learn a thing or two about people from being in jail for a while.”

 

Well, I hope I don't end up in jail when we catch the guy. I shook that ridiculous thought out my head and decided that as a team, we should immediately get on track.

 

So with the call of the PIU they gave Namjoon, Taehyung, and I a ride. Jungkook stayed behind but still aided us through.

We got off at a grassy field near a narrow river, which then we crept behind a large tree. We instantly spot Doyun and watched as he grabbed something from his trunk; some sort of large garbage bag.

 

You guys head toward the river and see if you can find anything that the kidnapper might have brought the victim. I'm going to try to catch this one.” Namjoon nodded his head at Doyun, which Taehyung and I agreed. Splitting up we each took either side of the river's edge, finding more clues around the area. If the hostage wanted to escape away from the kidnapper, they'll most likely run off to the river. But considering that there were no footprints or slid marks from the hill the hostage hasn't escaped this way. Or didn't at all.

Taehyung, did you find anything?” I kept my voice low.

No.” he jogged right up to me. “you?” he asked. I shook my head with a disappointing sigh.

 

Nothing. Wait...have we checked in that small cavern?” I pointed at a small inwards rock, just well hidden with the grass. We both looked at each other then. Curious yet frightened, we slowly walked to it.

 

The more we walked a rancid smell hung in the air, as if there was...something rotting.

 

Covering up our noses to avoid retching, the smell grew stronger as we came closer to the cavern. And when we did, I couldn't believe my eyes.

 

A body lied lifeless on the ground, snow white skin compared to the color of the fresh green grass surrounding the corpse. The torso and arms was covered in bright red scars and cuts; a red gash that seeped through the yellow fabric of the girl's tee. Her head was twisted enough that it was angled awkwardly compared to her shoulder, so was her arms and legs.

 

Suddenly the illness in my stomach grew, and right away washed over me like a tidal wave. Nausea took over and turned my knees into jelly; as they gave way and I buckled to the ground. My open palms against the green grass clenched tight, not caring my nails dug deep within the brown soil.

 

I-it's, it's...” I barely couldn't finish my sentence as it came out in a breathed whisper. The victim, Sung Jihul...is right here in front of us. Dead.

 

Let's call Namjoon.” Taehyung's voice was leveled, which clearly showed he too was trying not to show his shocked reaction.

About 5 minutes later after he came in with the crime investigation and police. They took Doyun in custody while keeping the body with the unit.

 

They just said the results,” Namjoon came back to us. “She got attacked and stabbed by the kidnapper, most likely dead by the 2nd stab to the rib cage. Earlier time of death? Just 17 hours ago.”

 

That means...”Taehyung trailed off. I remained still with my knees tucked underneath me; the same position when we first discovered the body.

 

...that we were too late.” I whispered. My chest heaved shakily up and down, my fingers trembling in my lap. It was hard to explain how I felt when I saw that body.

 

Overwhelming flashbacks of my sister kept coming to me - like a vivid nightmare. They hit me like a ton of bricks, in which I couldn't even handle it anymore. What if...Onee ended up like Sung Jihul, the victim? What if she was somewhere far, far away; and no one was able to reach her...

 

Mio?” Namjoon rested a hand on my shoulder. I said nothing. I just stared at the ground. When he called my name again, instead of responding with words I just bawled. Right into my caked dirt fingers.

~~
 


A/N


First off I'm so sorry about the sudden angst(y?) ending - I should have told you before but I didn't want to ruin the surprise haha I'm so evil ><
Another update by the end of this weekend so stay tune for that! I hope you do subscribe and comment, feedback is essential for me to be a better writer :)

Have a great day everyone~

-B.B