Day 14

Lost and Found

Day 14

~~~~~

-Taehyung-

 

"So...Mio gave us the Missing case, hasn't she?" I asked, while we sat down in the office of SIU. Yoongi flipped over the documents once more in his hand before giving a sigh of distress.

 

"I promised we would help her, so let's find the last tracking. Jungkook, can you hack into her GPS phone data?" the maknae already input the numbers from Mio's cell phone and through that found out the numbers of Hina. Already the computer tracked down to one GPS location: H98MN.

 

"Try and find out where that GPS is coming from." I instructed. When he clicked the blue dot it enlarged the full address. Squinting Hoseok leaned over his shoulder.

 

"It's in a remote village just 55 km away from Seoul. Seems to me that it never changed from the last 10 hours."

 

"How can you be so sure that this is the right person?" Jin asked. With that question in mind the maknae clicked on the blinking blue dot and already the screen changed to a different; updated profile.

 

Sure enough, the tracking of the phone did belong to Hina.

 

So this whole time...she was living off the city. Disappeared 2 years ago and all this time she's still in the country. Not very far to be exact. To my relief, she's still alive.

 

Wait a minute. If she's alive, then... "I'm going to find her myself." I declared. They all stared at me in disabelief.

 

"What? But shouldn't you tell-" Jimin began, though I interrupted.

 

"No, I have a few things to talk with Hina about. Like why did she take my lifted case...and what evidence did she want." the fierceness running through my veins sparked high, and I know how determined I am to find her myself.

 

"Taehyung-ah." Namjoon grabbed hold of my wrist. I stopped moving and looked at him. His eyes bore into mine. "this isn't your business in meddling with those of the case. It's a rule to not do so with being in the Investigations Unit." he said seriously.

 

"Let go of me." I say in a low tone. That only got him to hold my wrist even tighter. He shook his head. With anger I threw my hand away.

 

"I'm not doing anything!" I spat. "I won't do anything to her. Can't I ask some questions like normal?!"

 

"What, you're going to interrogate a formal detective from PIU? Someone who has much more experience in their job than you?" Namjoon retorted. When he gets angry, you know that's not a good sign. The room became silent. With hesitation I stood more straighter and looked at the leader calmly.

 

"Yes, that's exactly what I'm going to do." I answered. He scoffed, rubbing the back of his neck in disbelief.

 

"Hyung...you're not going to tell Mio?" Jungkook spoke softly among the silence. With a concerned look I gave a slight shook of my head.

 

"As soon as I'm finished talking with Hina, I'll tell Mio." I bit my lip. I know that Mio would disapprove greatly, but this is the only chance I have. I don't want it to be ruined. Suddenly we heard a click of a shoe and turning to where that sound came from I see Mio standing there. Oh crap.

 

"Is that true...Taehyung?" her voice sliced through my name like a it was a piece of meat. Her eyes set on mine in the most coldest stare that I stood so still; that just one movement she would attack.

 

"M-Mio, I-" I began to speak, but she advanced forward. I stepped back.

 

"You found out about Hina and you decide to go off and find her. Without me." her eyes glazed over. "Why?"

 

"Let me explain, Mio; so please just listen." I held her hand in mine. "she's the detective in my murder case. She is the one who interrogated me into finding out another piece of evidence that would be able to finish the case before the statute of limitations gets labeled."

 

She never said anything, for her eyes stared to the ground. Her hand inched away from my touch and when I asked if she was okay her breath halted to a mid sob. Closely I saw a single tear drop on the top of her hand.

 

"Why didn't you tell me earlier?" her voice quivered. When she gazed back up I noticed more water pooled at the bottom of her eyes. "that my sister, that YOU; were the one on the case?"

 

"I can explain-"

 

"NO YOU CAN'T!" she shouted. I jumped back in surprise. Never in my life have I seen Mio so angry before.

At me.

 

"She's my sister, not yours. I can't believe you lied to me Taehyung, out of all people..." she scoffed. With a mouth tight closed she turned around and walked away from my grasp. I called her out once more and she stopped in her tracks. She still was not looking my way.

 

"Don't call me anymore, Kim Taehyung. I'm upset right now. And...I'm disappointed in you."

 

Without another word she left the office with a slam of the door being closed. If being shot by a gun feels worse, It's nothing compared to feeling your heart shatter to pieces. Feeling your first heartbreak.

 

And that's the most painful thing you can ever experience.

 

 


A/N

Whoa, a surprise update! Sorry about that, I felt that you guys were probably waiting very long and dying for the next chapter. Short but hey, you're welcome :)
Ohohoho Mio found out >< I know, it wasn't surprising but yeah she had to find out eventually

Again I apologize for updating so late at night - I came back from being out with my friend and holy cow I got so much nail polish from The Face Shop ^^ seriously it's my fave store~

Anyhoo, don't forget to subscribe and comment, feedback is highly appreciated :)
My blog if you want to ask anything: here

More chapters later this weekend, so check the feedback! Okay, I'm heading off to sleep. Have a great day everyone~

B.B