Day 10

Lost and Found

Day 10

~~~~~

-Taehyung-

I stood still, my hands still resting on her back. Did she...just confess? For real? I furrowed my eyebrows in deep confusion.

 

You...missed me?” I clarified. Blinking she buried her face deep against my shoulder; her hands clutching the fabric of my shirt once more.

 

You never talked to me for those last days. At first I didn't mind, but the more we didn't talk the more I wished you would. I just missed how even the smallest fights we had, thrown off as just a joke. I missed the way we had fun during our work at the lab. All these little things I wanted to happen again to the point I couldn't stop thinking about you Taehyung. I keep telling myself that maybe what I feel towards you is just nothing and I disregarded it.

 

But the more I see you I keep doubting it otherwise. Maybe I-I really like you more than just a partner...” she mumbled. Then she hit my chest with the small fist of hers. “aish, I'm such an idiot! Why did I say that?” she whined.

 

My stomach rose and my heart swelled. She likes me. She really does like me. With my hands I lifted her head slowly so we would be face to face. Her cheeks were wet with so much tears that poured down so I wiped them away with the pad of my thumb.

 

I gently traced my fingers across her jaw and lightly hovering her small, plump lips. My heart raced wildly in my ears; blood rushing to my face. Taking a moment I slowly leaned in with just enough distance that I felt her breath tickle my own cheeks. Without even a second to pass by I took the chance and closed the space in between us.

 

Her initial reaction was that she was downright surprised, even tried to pull away from my grasp. But soon she stopped resisting and began kissing me back. Her hands slowly unlatched my shirt and taking my free hands I gently pulled her towards my own body; deepening the kiss. When we retracted we stood still for a few minutes with our foreheads gently pressed together.

 

Your sister is safe somewhere, I know she is.” I laced my fingers with hers. She sighed, leaning over to bury even further near my neck.

 

I hope so.” was all she said for the night.

 

~

 

A bright gleam of light hit my face, which I opened my eyes slowly to see the sun being reflected upon the window. Rubbing my eyes groggily I looked around to see that I slept on a bed. And then it hit me – I slept in Mio's bedroom.

 

Groaning in pain I sat straight up from underneath the covers and turning to the left ,the silhouette of Mio was only present, implanted into the soft crisp sheets. I yawned elaborately and throwing my legs over the mattress I stood up and trudged my way downstairs to the kitchen.

 

The first thing I smelt was pancakes. Chocolate chip pancakes to be exact. Going onward I see Mio's back turned to me as she flipped another pancake onto a plate before she turned off the stove. Smiling I walked up behind her and wrapped my arms around her.

 

She didn't flinch at instant; rather she chuckled. That was my cue to snuggle even further into her chocolate smelling hair. “Morning.” I say sleepily.

 

Morning to you too, Tae.” she reached up and tangled her fingers in my messy bed hair.

 

As soon as I retracted she spun around still with her apron on. She held the plate of food in front of me and taking it I placed it on the marble counter top. I helped her get some utensils while she began to pour boiling water into two separate cups, asking if I wanted coffee.

 

Two creams, one sugar please.” I requested. With a hum she took out a sugar packet and dumped the whole thing, soon after pouring in the cream. She brought the two cups over to the table and sitting across we began to eat the pancakes.

 

I stared around the house, not fully aware about how it really looked like. All over the walls she had paintings of flowers; specifically cherry blossoms close up. “You like cherry blossoms?” I turned my attention to her. She took a swig of her tea before nodding.

 

Those were old photos I took when I was still living with my parents in Shibuya. I just enlarged the photo and was able to get them framed. I still wish I could of taken more photos of my parents...” she smiled softly.

 

Do your parents still live in Shibuya?” I tried to level my questions, not making them too hard.

 

Yeah; but they divorced and my dad re-married. My mom had to raise us on our own until my sister had enough money to move out - along with me – into Seoul for her new job. That's where she got the position in the crime investigations unit.”

 

You mean...your sister used to be in PIU?” I widen my eyes. She gave a smile.

 

She was the best detective. Many adored her at work and because of the amounts of cases she solved she'd even gotten the highest rank. She stayed in PIU for two years.

 

Until she disappeared one day...and she hasn't even told me she left.” her fingers slowly wrapped her cup; her breaths becoming shallow. I furrowed my eyebrows, my expression deep with concern. Her eyes began to fume with something dark looming over her eyes.

 

Suddenly they passed away as she looked up with a small smile; indicating that she was okay and none of that just happened. “I'm fine.” was what she simply answered.

 

I reached over and trailed my fingers over her cheek, swiping the softness of her skin. “It's okay, you can tell me.” I say with the most sincerity. She sighed, resting her cheek against my open palm.

 

It was on April 23rd when she was last seen. She left early in the morning before I even woke up. I thought that she went to work early; hell she was still working on a case that time...though I just don't remember what.”

 

My eyes adverted away gazing outside the window, sill. It had begun to rain. Hard.

 

 


A/N

I'M BACK! Hello, it's been a week, yes? With this long weekend I'll be able to update on this story so please wait for that!
P.S I'm so sorry if it's so short >< but hey, they got together! Did I make you cringe with the fluff or what haha XD

Don't forget to subscribe and comment, feedback would be greatly appreciated :)
My blog if you have any more questions: here

Have a great day everyone~

-B.B