Day 18

Lost and Found

Day 18

-Taehyung-

 

He sat across the table, drinking his dark coffee long and slow. Finally, he looked up from his hands.


"So, you want to find out where Mio might be?" Yongguk said in his most monotone voice. I nodded.


"Please, its really important to me. I'm sure you're just as concerned for her as everyone else in your team as well." I say. He took another swig of his coffee.


"I know. After you told us we all began to panic too. Whenever it comes to her sister, she would do whatever it takes to find her... Sometimes even beyond our action."


"So... would you be able to help us in tracking her?" My hope rose high in my head.


"Of course. Anything for Mio." He smiled small. Taking out his laptop he put a SD card from his phone and tried to insert it into his database.

 

Soon putting on his wired headgear he clicked a few buttons and suddenly there was a repetitive beep coming from the computer. Looking up his eyebrows buried deep in concentration and he toggled with the cords. Then he motioned me to come over.

 

Her last contact was when she opened up her phone around this time,” he showed me the exact time slot. “from there I was able to track where she is based on the location number. It tracked down a train heading to Taebaek.”

 

Taebaek?” I repeated. He nodded. Is that where... “locate where that phone is right now and send it to SIU as soon as possible. I'm going to find her myself.”

 

Whoa - hold up.” he whistled; putting down the headgear. “First off, taking a train from Seoul to Taebaek takes about 3 hours to and back. I think it's better if you brought your whole team with you.”

 

I grabbed my jacket and prepared for my leave. “No- I have some things to take care of there as well.” I replied in a low tone. Sighing he looked at me square in the eyes and placed a hand on my shoulder, making me tense.

 

Arasso, I've done what you asked.” was just one simple sentence before he let go. “but...just promise this. Bring Mio back. No matter if she doesn't want to or what, whether if she found her sister or not bring her back safely. Please.” his eyes were filled with such seriousness and hope I couldn't help but wonder.

 

Why...do you care so much for her?” I asked.

 

He smiled; one that showed his pearl white teeth and gummy expression. “Why can't I?

 

~

 

Getting off the train I checked the time on my watch: 5:46 pm. Pulling up my hood I brought my cell phone to my ear and already the other line has been picked up.

 

"Oi, leader." I say. He yelled at me much louder.

 

"YAH! Why are you so quiet?" he bellowed. I sighed.

 

"Keep it down! Y-yeah, I'm in Taebaek. I just need you to find out where the current GPS is located at. Why am I so quiet? Because..." I looked around the area until my eyes landed on the wanted poster. "I'm still known in this town."

 

When he asked by what I meant I explained that I'm still identified as a criminal and I will still get charges if I'm caught.

 

"Seriously, they never raised the case there? Ah, whatever. Just stay on your toes and call us back as soon as you found a nearby place to stay." with the other line dropped I pulled my hood even closer to me and walked onwards. There were a few suspicious glances at me; but otherwise they ignored me and kept on walking.

 

Finally I booked in an inn and settling down I set up my computer and contacted BTS. This time it was Jin who picked up. "The location is just 45 minutes and you'll be at your destination. Put on your cell phone and use the program on there just in case the GPS tracker moves. Call us if there is an emergency."

 

"I will, thanks." and I shut off my phone. Going out of the building I walked out into the streets and took note of the area. The place was quite small; a few street shops here and there and there was only one road leading up to the hill north.

 

Checking the tracker the red dot blinked a few times, and soon disappeared. My eyes widened.

 

"What the..." another minute passed and the red dot kept flickering on and off, and the screen became all static. Looking up I heard an middle aged man talking with the construction worker; in a rather distressed tone.

 

"What are you doing? How come my phone calls won't work to Seoul?" he asked.

 

"I'm sorry, but we have to fix this electrical wire that was broken for weeks. It might take the whole day, so at the time being all service will be down temporarily." I cursed under my breath. That means I can't find Mio - and I can't even call back BTS until the next day. What the hell am I supposed to do?

 

With no choice I stayed in my hotel up until night, to which I went to get some food. There was a small bimbimbap place that opened just a few blocks down, and with a cheap enough price I decided to eat dinner there.

 

After sitting at a small booth they brought the food and already I dove right in. I heard a few whispers from the table across from me and I tried my best to not listen; for it was obviously about me.

 

"You see that guy over there?"

 

"Yeah. Doesn't he look like the murderer of the Serial Murder Case?"

 

"It must be a coincidence...it really can't be him, can it?"

 

"No, don't say that! Of course not!"

 

They laughed, continuing to eat. after I finished my fifth roll I called out to the waitress who was cleaning at the counter top.

"Um, excuse me," I called out to her. She stopped cleaning and her posture stiffened. "can I get a glass of water?" I requested.

 

Her head turned sideways, with her black wavy bangs covering her right eye. It seemed as if she side glancing me. From what I saw her expression remained neutral and she nodded, turning around quickly and heading into the kitchen.

 

Minutes later she came to my table and placing the drink down she bowed quickly. Before I even said thank you she left without a word. She didn't even look at me once.

 

Maybe she's in a rush. I thought considering that the place was pretty much packed. I let it slide and picking up some kimchi I put it in my mouth in one swallow.

 

By the time I finished it was 9:00 PM and I headed back to the inn. I slumped my shoulders forward and with my earphones in place I looked down at my phone to choose what song to put next.

 

I twirled one ear bud in my hand whilst pursing my lips in attempt to whistle. I pulled my hood closer to my neck as the night breeze picked up and I continued to walk. Suddenly, I felt a shock prickle the back of my head. I stopped in my tracks and slowly, took out my other earphone before turning around. No one was there.

 

I could have sworn that there was someone following me. With a shrug I continued walking. But of course, I didn't let my guard down. I know for sure there was someone watching me.

 

With my eyes diverting to the side I took a right and slowed my pace. I took out my phone and paused my music quickly; and stuffing my ear phones I looked over once more. Closing my eyes I heard small footsteps approaching, my heart beating faster.

 

One second.

Two.

 

My heart kept beating faster. With closed fists I opened my eyes to realize that the footsteps stopped.

 

But just before I turned around a hand grabbed my shoulder and soon a heavy object hit me on the back of my head. I felt something cool trickle down my neck. Touching the spot I gazed at my fingers to see a splotch of red. Blood.

 

My sight wavered. The ground began to swirl in my vision. The sound of crickets muffled and my legs began to lose all sense and gave way for my body on the ground.

 

The last thing I saw was the figure hovering over me...a smile as wide as the crescent moon that night.

 

 

 


A/N

Hello! So here's the latest chapter, as I promised I would put up this weekend. Basically, with the help of Yongguk Tae goes to the town and in the end...well you know what happens XD
Did I surprise you with that sudden attack hohoho

Please don't forget to subscribe and comment, feedback is highly appreciated :)
So, I'll see you guys on my next update! Have a great day everyone~

-B.B