Day 4

Lost and Found

 

Day 4


Three days later after our case has been solved SIU gave us a day off as a celebration. It was my first time, however; to celebrate with BTS – my new investigation team. We went out to an outdoor grill in frying up some samgyupsol, though without no alcoholic beverages obviously. An hour before lunch I came out of the dorm shower to see someone at my desk. I almost jumped, but luckily I felt eased that this person never saw me fully exposed, for my robe saved my life.

 

Tae-Taehyung?” I sputtered; and upon hearing his name he smiled at my direction.

 

Everyone's waiting at the van. I came in here thinking you would be done by now, but I guess not.” he smirked. Glaring I pulled my robe closer to me, whilst pushing him out the door.

 

I'll dress up, so tell them I'll be out soon!” I yelled over closing the door.

 

Arasso, I'm going to wait out the room!” he replied. Groaning I rolled my eyes. Why was this guy so clingy around me?

 

-Taehyung-

 

I wasn't sure why, but there was something about Mio that makes me want to be more closer to her. At first it was just out of curiosity but I wanted to see how she acts outside of work as well. She came out with a simple cream blouse and beige shorts, her chestnut straight hair hung on her shoulders.

 

When I tried to speak I ended up stuttering. The girls I approach during my killing spree wore simple and boring styles (with purely innocent hearts, just to make my past job easier) but yet with that it seems to suit her much more. My heart raced in my ear and I stood frozen, dumbfounded.

 

Smiling she nudged me if we were going to head out. I nodded feverishly and we met with the others as we drove to the restaurant. We managed to sit at a nice view on the balcony; across the busy street so it wasn't too bothersome.

 

When I sat beside Namjoon he clicked his tongue, nudging his head towards Mio in indication. Sighing I gave him a hopeful look, praying to not sit with her. But of course I was outsmarted in the end.

 

Mio sat between me and Hoseok, to which they immediately were getting along quite well. I sulked to the furthest right and just kept drinking my water; scowling. Why did I come here in the first place? Someone then snapped me back from my thoughts and sure enough it was Mio.

 

Taehyung? Your meat's burning.” quickly turning my head I realized that she was right – the pork was now charred by the time I flipped it. Cursing I put it on the side, though Mio eagerly took my tongs and put the meat on her lettuce. We all stare with shocked expressions, and completely ignoring she wrapped it up and ate it with a single swallow.

 

Sorry,” she mumbled. “but I don't want to waste such good meat; in fact I too like my meat a slightly burnt.” she swallowed. Hoseok chuckled.

 

You're extraordinary...strange.” he smiled. He turned to me. “V, I think Mio just friend zoned you!” remembering that moment of her grabbing my tongs I face palmed in embarrassment as the boys burst out laughing. When Mio looked at me in confusion I mouthed 'it's a joke' and she scrunched her nose and shouted.

 

Yah! 'friend zoned'?” she retorted. “Taehyung isn't my friend.” I stayed still all tense, which they all closed their mouths. My heart raced and my throat ran dry. What was she going to say? Is she...going to confess?! “Taehyung is...my idiotic forensic partner.” she held my hand in hers and raised it up between our shoulders. I looked at her with widen eyes. What in the world?

 

Idiotic? Yah!” I snapped. She gave me a small smile and shrugged, turning back to the boys.

 

And if you about being friends with a girl I will rip each of your ist little mouths. Got it?”they all agreed in panic and with that her contact with my hand dropped quickly. She continued on with her eating, and so did everyone else. Yet from that time after ward I wasn't able to calm down, with the hand she held still lingered on.

 

~

 

After the boys headed back it was only us two and then we began walking. Since I had nothing else to do I offered to take her home, which she didn't hesitate in accepting.

 

Once we were at her house before a farewell I scowled at her. “Idiotic?” I flicked her forehead. Yelping she pulled back and rubbed her soon pink skin. “That's what you get for calling me that.” I smirked.

 

She glared at me. “What else do you want me to say?” she took a step towards me. I flinched and step backwards. “That you're a...murderous. Sadistic. Forensy?” with each word she leaned close until she was mere inches to my face. Her breath tickled my lips and I took in her wafting smell of barbecue and fresh peach.

 

I gulped, my heart thrumming loud. Why am I so flustered? formed a small smile which made my blood rush even faster to my cheeks. She leaned in even more and when her lips were just barely close she laughed, which I furrowed my eyebrows at the sudden surprise.

 

Retracting back her face had an even wider smile. “But of course, I won't. I'll keep your secret.” she clicked her tongue and with a wave of her hand she entered her house.

 

Once alone I covered my cheeks with the palm of my hand, my heart still beating twice as fast. “Who does she think she is?” I mumbled. “making me feel like this...” it's unfair. Why is she teasing me like this when I haven't done anything wrong? (okay, that's an ironic statement). I don't deserve this. I don't deserve being so flustered around you, Mio.

 


A/N

Hello again! So school started for me... sob my friends and I all got seperated so now we hardly see each other all day until after school TT TT
(plus I know like no one in my classes and it changed. WTH -.-)

Anyways, about the story, yes - Taetae likes Mio which is clearly obvious lol. But will she like him back? hohoho who knows :)

I'll update more this weekend, so until then have a great day ~

-B.B