Day 9

Lost and Found

Day 9

~~~~~

*Still in Mio's POV*

 

I didn't go to work today, for I called in sick. After the case ended I was in so much shock that I didn't even want to go back to the forensic lab. It wasn't that it was my first time I didn't solve a case, but when I saw the body I was shaken up really bad. Every time I see the dead girl's eyes implanted in my brain it was like I saw my sisters eyes instead. What if she did end up like her? What if she actually isn't alive anymore...and no one found her body?

 

I buried my head in my knees and began to sob once more in my bed. When I called SIU for my absence the first person I talked with was Hoseok – it made sense since he pretty much was the doctor of the house. “Was it because of the case? I heard you were crying...did some sort of shock get to you?” I chuckled. Of course the psychologist knows.

 

Yeah, it sort of did. Again I'm sorry I can't come today. You guys are probably really busy.”

 

Ehh, not really. Ooh, how bout' we come over to your house for a little bit after work? Jin hyung makes the best beef soup in the world!” I couldn't help but smile.

 

I didn't believe him he said they were coming over, but sure enough they did. After opening the door Jungkook had his arms so tight around me I barely had a moment to catch my breath.

 

You've been crying too much.” Jimin comforted my shoulder. I rolled my eyes. “Thanks, Mr. Obvious.” I smirked. “I'm glad you guys came. Really.”I say with the most sincerity. My eyes wandered to what Jin was holding and so I let him and the others sit down with the soup on the kitchen table. While I set up the bowls and heat up the rice I instructed Hoseok to get the kimchi out of the fridge; and told them to sit for a bit while I changed into something than just...pajamas.

 

I changed into a new tank top and leggings, which I didn't want to walk around the house with a shirt that was soaked with my tears and stained with my snot.

 

When I came back into the main living room that's when I realized: Taehyung's eyes were set on me the entire time. My blood suddenly rushed to my cheeks. Why was he looking at me and me only? His eyes darted away and I awkwardly coughed into my hand.

 

Let's eat! I'm starving~” Jungkook whined. I sighed, getting chopsticks for them. By the end of the meal majority of the beef soup were gone, and I ran out of rice completely. Jungkook apologized sincerely for eating most of it. No – all of it.

 

It's alright, as long as you guys ate.” I smiled. Feeling bad, his atonement to repay me back was to wash the dishes while the rest of BTS also helped by cleaning the table.

 

After I put the last dish into the cabinet they soon said they had to leave. They thanked me for letting them stay over, to which I promised I will be back to work tomorrow.

 

Um, you guys go ahead. I'll have to take the bus later then.”

 

What Taehyung said shocked all of them, including me. Why did he want to stay later?

 

I-If that's what you want...” Namjoon mumbled; and soon they left at the front of the house. Taehyung and I stood still in silence for a few minutes until I broke it.

 

Why are you staying here?” my voice deepened with a growl. Slowly looking up he stared at me, and the longer he did the more tense I felt; to the point I had to quickly look away all flustered. Why am I suddenly so timid?

 

Mio.” his tone struck right inside me. I hesitated for a moment whether I should look at him or not. Instead, I dug my nails deep into my crossed elbows. Suddenly I felt his hands grip onto my shoulders and with just little force he turned me around so we would be face-to-face. My heart thrummed in my ears louder than the ticking of the grandfather clock in the living room. I had no choice but to divert my eyes away from his.

 

Mio, look at me.” he finalized. I did, and already I was enveloped in both warmth and concern.

 

There's no need for you to hide the fact you have been crying from me. Yes, I know we were too late to find the girl in time but we tried the best as we can. Please...don't get upset about that.”

 

Anger boiled through me. Upset? It was much more than that. Immediately I jerked away from his grasp, which he looked at me with surprise. My eyes began to water. “What, do you expect me to just, move on? You think all of that was just a whiny little act?” I snapped.

 

Mio, I-” he spoke, but I cut off his words straight off the bat.

 

Don't you understand, Taehyung? I have to live every single day knowing for a fact that my sister is still out there, fearing that she might be DEAD any second; and I wouldn't know about it!” I threw my hands up in the air. His eyes poured down onto mine, softly with a matching subtle smile.

 

I know, Mio. I understand.”he came closer to me. I inched backward; a flash of sympathy spread across his eyes. Tears formed at the bottom of my own. Don't cry, Mio. Don't cry. Yet there was some sort of pull in my gut, wanting to give myself up for the hug. More than anything, I wanted one. I suddenly felt arms wrap around me tight, the feel of warm skin against the top of my forehead.

 

All the emotion I kept in me, I couldn't hold it in anymore – so I began to sob once more. Taehyung's arms wrapped closer around me while his hands soothed my messy hair, whispering gentle words in my ear.

 

Shh, it's okay. It's okay.” he patted my back. “It's going to be okay.”he assured. My breath hitched and I found myself clutching his shirt with tight fists, burying my face into the soft fabric. My heart wouldn't stop beating for even a second and all that worry just disappeared. Right now, all I felt, all I smelt; was Taehyung. And I was fine just being with...him.

 

T-Taehyung.”I spoke softly, slowly lifting my gaze. I knew that my face was probably covered with wet tears and my eyes were swollen and puffy, but I had to get this out of my system before I regret it for the rest of my life if I didn't. Hurry up and say it Mio!

 

I...I...miss you.

 


A/N

Late but hello again! So I have some news for you. Of course, because of school unfortunately this will be the last update. And, right at a cliffhanger too, right? Lol
(I swear I didn't plan that so forgive me please ><)

When will I put another chapter? That I'm not entirely sure. Just please make sure you check out the feedback for this story, I'll keep you guys updated for the time being :) Also I'd love for you guys to subscribe and update; feedback is greatly appreciated ^^

Hope to see you soon! Have a great day everyone~

-B.B