Case open.

Lost and Found

 Ms. Aoshi?” I looked up from my desk to see a secretary holding a folder out to me, which I curiously took. “This is the results from the DNA analysis of the bones recovered from the suicide case”,she explained. Before she left my office she informed me that the chief wanted to speak to me.

 

I found it odd considering the fact that he hardly calls for private conversations with the specialist workers; especially me (Trust me, I follow rules very well). Regardless, when I came to his office he had a nice warm smile that made me less tense than how I already was. I bowed then greeted "Chief Kojun".

 

Sorry for calling you so suddenly Mio, but I think I should tell you about this...sudden news.” My eyes widened and I fixed my posture. Clearing his throat he continued, “You're already informed that you have been switched into a different investigation team correct?”I nodded, remembering the information. Being in the forensics division of the Prime Investigation Unit (PIU) I was the Head forensic specialist for my anthropology degree I had gotten at a medical university in Tokyo, my hometown.

 

Will I have a different team in the same unit?” I asked. To my extent he sighed and shook his head, while rubbing the back of his neck numbly.

 

Not exactly. You'll have a new team in a different unit, which is the Secondary Investigation Unit. I selected you especially because I feel like you would do even more of an astounding performance with them.” He gave me a folder with a stamp CONFIDENTIAL across it. I scanned the papers thoroughly.

 

SIU: *SPECIAL TEAM*

Group Name: BTS
consists of 7 members

 

'BTS'? I heard of this name before...” I mumbled. “Based on the document you gave me does that mean I'll be the new forensic specialist in this team?” Chief nodded solemnly.

 

We'll move your things a day from now so don't worry so much about rushing to pack up. Once you settle in the unit a new case will arrive shortly. Are you alright with that?

 

Hmm, I worked in the PIU for two years, and for weeks I've been dying to find out my new position in this agency,” I teased. “Of course I can handle it Chief. You can count on me!” I mock saluted. We both head out his office and exchanged a bow. Then,I realized I still had one question lingering in my head.

 

Wait, Chief Kojun! Why are they considered to be a special team...?” one paper slipped out of my hand and landed on the floor, and I bent down to pick it up. The words on the page were bold and large, seeking for immediate attention to my eyes.

 

CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION REGARDS TO BTS OF SIU

The members of the team are labeled 'unique' as each contribute to the Criminal Law Agency. Noted that their sentences of past crimes have been expired and still documented of their criminal records that is not exposed beyond the agency.

 

I then realized that I didn't want to know the answer to that question.

 

~

 

On my last day, the entire unit threw a farewell party to which my team planned. Later that night they decided to walk me home as well as they say their final goodbyes in person.

 

I hope you will do as great with your new team in SIU.” my forensic assistant Jongup held up a small present with a smile. Our scientists Youngjae and Daeyhyun tried very hard to add a few touching words though sobs bubbled up instead. Our team biochemist Zelo even had to calm them down before they really began to bawl.

 

Way to make this a happy farewell.” Himchan scoffed at his fellow students.

 

With that aside the detective finally had the chance to speak up. “Two years isn't enough I guess.” his arms outstretched and without hesitation I took in his embrace. I pulled back and looked up at him. “I'm sure you all will still be at top even without me. After all, didn't you remember what we're called? We are-”

 

-Best Absolute Perfect.” Yongguk finished, which we both dissolved in laughter. “Yet you're selfishness is neither of those three. You better promise me you would change that, arasso?” I teased,earning a playful shove from him. Finally he nodded in agreement.

 

I felt my heart swell and my eyes water,just the realization of not seeing them again just broke me deeply, after sticking around for two years. I saw them as practically my family.

 

So of course it was hard for me to say goodbye. I guess this was the only time I neglected the whole 'actions speak louder than words' because whatever I did to show how much I appreciated their work, felt so little compared to what they said.

 

After I left, I stayed upright on my bed, looking at my picture frame of my sister and I. I smiled, tracing my fingers over the encased photo.

 

Onee, I had to say goodbye to PIU and my team today. I moved to the Secondary Unit.” I whispered. “They even threw me a surprise party for 2 years of my effort. Ha, I feel old.”I grinned. She just stared back at me, her bright eyes shining with still happiness.

 

Onee, wherever you are I promise...to work hard. I promise to maintain my success as much as in the agency and so when you come back you'll be proud of your little sister. And if you're having trouble coming back don't worry; because when I'm successful enough I will go to you instead...please, just wait a little longer...Onee.” 

 

 

 


A/N

Short introduction, you can say :) and yes - B.A.P made a cameo haha ><

Because I finished my last exam, I'll try and update this story more before school starts again for me...

(but oh my goodness I end up watching my dramas after so long from studying I have became too lazy to update OTL)

Besides this, I also make one-shots :) so if you have any requests or whatnot you can ask me on my blog. And here are the scenarios I already made: OneSS

Alrighty, see you soon everyone! Have a great day~

-B.B