Chapter 2

The loss hour

Wooyoung wakes up only to realize that he’s in a bed in an unfamiliar room. He catches Junho dozing off at his left side. He hears voices out of the room. Wooyoung wants to wake Junho up but the mention of his name caught his attention.

“It’s Wooyoung. Jang Wooyoung.” The voices said. Wooyoung frowns.

“That’s sound like Minjun hyung’s voice.” He thought as he strains his ears to hear more on what they were talking about.

“What were you thinking hyung? He has the choice to get away. The choice to not get involved in this. Why do you pull him back?” A weirdly accents voice speaks up. Despair interlacing every words spoken.

“I guess that’s Nichkhun. He sounds like a foreigner.” Wooyoung guess silently.

“But Khun hyung, it seems like we didn’t have any choice. A week had pass and the weather keep getting worse. People were getting suspicious.” Come a slightly high tone voice.

“That must be Chansung. He keeps on talking about the weather.” Wooyoung raised his brows in amusement.

“He’s been pretty docile since Mrs. Jang fallen sick. I thought he’ll get over it eventually.” Nichkhun said with a heavy sigh.

“Khun, he had visited Wooyoung. Probably on the day Mrs. Jang exhale her last breath.” Minjun pointed out making Chansung gasps in shock and Nichkhun palmed his face. Wooyoung can’t help but gasp too.

“Are they talking about the man I saw at the dance studio? Is he the same man I saw crying earlier?” Wooyoung shivers at the thought. He decides to wake Junho up when he feel soft wind touching his face and the room become silent out of sudden.

“My beloved, I’ve been waiting forever.” Wooyoung hears the familiar whisper he had heard earlier during the funeral and while in the room with Chansung and his eyes widen in alarm. Wooyoung can pretty much guess what’ll happen afterward and he bit down his scream as his eyes catches the figure of the man standing in the room. Wooyoung can’t see him clearly but his instinct shouting loud forcing him to tug Junho’s shirt desperately.

“My beloved…” The whisper sound almost begging. The sudden quietness catches Nichkhun’s attention.

“Guys, he’s here.” Nichkhun shouts as he rushes toward the door of Wooyoung’s room. Wooyoung was so ready to scream when the door being force open from outside.

“Get out!!!” Nichkhun shouts commanding and at once the heavy air around the room lifted. Wooyoung feels like he can breathe again. Wooyoung wants to thank the guys for saving him but flinched in shock when Nichkhun punches the table hard. He walks away with grim expression.

“Woah! Woo, what happen?” Junho asks confuse as he finally able to wake up from his sleep.

“Channie, can you take Junho to the kitchen so he can get something to eat?” Minjun asks. Junho who was pretty much get the idea that Wooyoung need to be left alone get up and follows Chansung silently. After they were left alone, Minjun takes a chair and situated himself next to Wooyoung.

“Wooyoung shi…” Minjun begins but stops as he catches Wooyoung pouting.

“Just Wooyoung hyung. I can call you hyung right?” Wooyoung asks and Minjun simply nods.

“Wooyoung, first of all, I want to apologize about Nichkhun’s behavior earlier.” Minjun said slowly.

“It’s ok hyung.” Wooyoung answers with a smile making Minjun feels a little at ease.

“Wooyoung, can I ask you something?” Minjun inquires and when he sees Wooyoung nods, he continues.

“When you step into the room earlier at the funeral, did you see a man sitting there?” Minjun asks cautiously. Wooyoung nods at once.

“Yes, he looks so sad. Who is he hyung? Is he someone important hyung?” Wooyoung asks curious. Minjun takes a deep breath.

“I don’t know how to say this. You might even thing that I’m crazy, but Wooyoung, you’re not supposed to see him now. None of us should, safe for Nichkhun but he’s different case. He’s kind of special. You’ll see him eventually, that’s for sure but not…how old are you exactly?” Minjun paused to ask.

“25” Wooyoung answers short.

“Yes, you’re not supposed to see him this early.” Minjun said sounding frustrated. Wooyoung’s pace turns pale.

“W…What are you saying hyung?” Wooyoung asks feeling nervous.

“Wooyoung, the man that you saw crying on the floor…he’s not exactly human.” Minjun almost whisper and Wooyoung feels blood stop pumping throughout his body and the time stop ticking.

“Wooyoung?” Minjun calls after a while but Wooyoung totally freaking out.

“Oh God! Oh my God! I saw a ghost! Hyung, it’s a ghost! I thought he just some crazy stalker! Why do I see him? I don’t want to see him.” Wooyoung mutters in panic. Minjun almost chuckle seeing the unexpected reaction.

“Woo, can I call you that? Woo, calm down. I can assure you that he’s not a ghost.” Minjun explains calmly making Wooyoung stops freaking out.

“But you told me earlier that he’s not human hyung…” Wooyoung can’t help but whine. Minjun gives a small smile.

“Yes, he’s not human, but he’s not a ghost either. I think Nichkhun can explain it more clearly to you. Besides, if you really think about it clearly, what kind of ghost would look like him?” Minjun points out making a sudden blush spread throughout Wooyoung’s face.

“He’s quite good looking though…” Wooyoung admits blushing hard. Minjun raises his brows.

“I thought you’re afraid of him?” Minjun reminded making Wooyoung pout.

“He’s pretty ok hyung safe for the fact of him vanishing into thin air. Then, that’s downright scary.” Wooyoung confessed making Minjun chuckle slowly.

“Anyway, you should be clear that in normal circumstance, you shouldn’t be able to see the man. At least not this young.” Minjun emphasize again making Wooyoung frowns in confusion.

“I don’t understand hyung. What it has to do with my age? Beside, you’ve seen him too right?” Wooyoung asks. Minjun face tightens.

“Your late mother had only able to see him clearly in her 40’s.  Except Nichkhun, I’ll bet this is the first for everyone else.” Minjun confessed. Wooyoung frowns deepen.

Then, shouldn’t you all freak out seeing him out of sudden like that?” Wooyoung asks confuse. Minjun sighs.

“All the people in this mansion know about him. Call it a job description. We can feel his existence. We just never see him directly. But, we do have some description on how he’ll look like thanks to Nichkhun. That’s why when he shows up, we simply pull away.” Minjun said calm but Wooyoung still frowns.

“I’m really curious to know about him now hyung. Besides, who are all those people?” Wooyoung asks feeling intrigued and Minjun can only give a soft smile.

“All of us are pretty much the extended version of this family. As for the man, it’s the best if you hear it directly from Nichkhun.” Minjun finishes before excusing himself.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………..

Wooyoung lowers his head and staring intently at the floor when he feels Nichkhun’s stare scanning him.

“So, Wooyoung, what do you want to know?” Nichkhun asks shocking Wooyoung a little bit. Nichkhun is the first person in the mansion who doesn’t address him formally since he comes.

“He was so different from before.” Wooyoung thought silently.

“Uh…everything?” Wooyoung answers unsure. Nichkhun raises his brows and smirk.

“Really? Are you sure you can handle it?” Nichkhun tests making Wooyoung fidgets in place.

“Urgh, n…no…not really. O…on second thought…Just tell me what I need to know for now.” Wooyoung stutters making Nichkhun smiles a bit.

“If you insist, ok, first, the most important thing I want you to know is that whatever I’m going to tell you, whatever you saw is real and the truth.” Nichkhun begins and Wooyoung blinks waiting like a little child. Nichkhun smiles grew wider.

“The man that you saw, he had been with your family for a long time. He was attached to your family. To be exact, he’s attached to your mother, and her mother before her, and the mother of her mother. He had been for so long.” Nichkhun paused looking at Wooyoung. Wooyoung was deep in thought.

“But hyung…” Wooyoung wants to ask but Nichkhun stops him.

“Yes, he doesn’t look like it, but he’s old, very old. I know because I’m also as old as he.” Nichkhun stops making Wooyoung eyeing him suspiciously.

“How can that be? He only looks like he’s in his twenties.” Wooyoung contemplates silently earning a chuckle from Nichkhun.

“Wooyoung, you know how looks can deceives, right?” Nichkhun asks with a wide smile making Wooyoung blushes immediately.

“Hey hyung, that’s not fair. You can’t read my thought.” Wooyoung whines with a pout making Nichkhun raise his brows in amusement.

“It’s rare for people to realize he’s been reading their thought. Interesting…” Nichkhun thought silently.

“Wooyoung, Minjun hyung had inform you about the probability of you seeing him, correct?” Nichkhun continues and Wooyoung nods in instance.

“Yes, what’s that supposed to mean hyung?” Wooyoung asks curiously and Nichkhun sighs.

“Usually, the person able to see him except me is the maternal side of your family. There are rare cases of other people who are highly intuitive able to see him, but that’s not the point. What I want to say is… he only shows himself to the people he wants to and it usually toward women. Oh, he really loves women.” Nichkhun tones sound quite suggestive making Wooyoung blushes harder. Nichkhun stops as he scans Wooyoung up and down.

“The fact that he shows himself to you and to everyone else for that matter only means one thing. He knows that you’re coming, he can feel you and he’s making his stand.” Nichkhun explains but Wooyoung frowns confusedly.

“But hyung, I don’t understand. Why me? Why now?” Wooyoung asks. Nichkhun lets out a weary sigh.

“You’re the only one left.” Nichkhun answers and Wooyoung can feel the sadness covering those words. He can feel the same intense emotion like the night he hears the scream. It was so sad, so defeated.

“So, what can I do hyung?” He asks trying to at least give some aids. Nichkhun scans Wooyoung’s face, takes a deep breath and close his eyes.

“There’s a reason why we sent you away Wooyoung. He’ll come to you. He’ll come to claim you. He’ll come and ask you to call him. To call his name…” Nichkhun stops and Wooyoung catches the painful expression flashes in Nichkhun’s eyes.

“You’ve heard his name right? On the night when I called him.” Wooyoung hears the whisper and he realizes it was Nichkhun. He lowers his gaze.

“…and no matter what happen, please…I beg you. Wooyoung, don’t call his name.” Nichkhun stops as he realizes how Wooyoung’s eyebrows furrow as if to let everything sink in.

“I’ve seen what a century of heartbreaks had done to him, and he needs to stop. It’s about time.” Nichkhun voices out and Wooyoung can feels the sincerity in those words. He decides to let it go for now.

“Hyung, one last question.” Wooyoung request and Nichkhun nods.

“What is he and what exactly are you? You’re not a ghost right?” Wooyoung asks timidly bringing smiles back to Nichkhun’s face.

“Aaahhh… a man-witch they used to call me. But I prefer a medium, or better a specialist according to your time. As for he, I don’t have any word best to describe him. A familiar? A guardian? He can be whatever you want him to be Wooyoung.” Nichkhun paused. Wooyoung looks nervous and very much confuse.

“Just enjoy your stay here. In due time, it’ll all become clear.” Nichkhun assures and finally Wooyoung able to smile in relief.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………..

“There are so many things I’m curious to know.” Wooyoung thought as he walks toward the room provided for him. As soon as he arrives, Wooyoung freezes. The room is big, with a king size bed situated in the centre, some furniture and in normal occasion, Wooyoung will be in awe because the room is beautiful. But that night, the silent enveloping the room was too much for him to bear.

“On second thought, maybe I’ll sleep with Junho. He’ll be lonely without me.” Wooyoung mumbles as he steps away. Truthfully, he refuses to admit that staying in an old huge mansion, filled with somewhat weird people and a lost spirit on the loose who’ll come to him any moment scared the out of him.

“There’s no way in hell I’ll be able a sleep peacefully alone.” Wooyoung thought when he catches Chansung standing not far from his room.

“Chansung? Why are you here?” Wooyoung asks glad that he meets familiar face.

“Nichkhun hyung asks me to wait here. He’s afraid that you’ll be uncomfortable.” Chansung answers.

“He’s like a mind reader. I’m pretty sure Minjun hyung is the appointed lawyer for this family and you might be working for something that involve strength. So, what about Nichkhun hyung?”  Wooyoung asks curious.

“Well it was pretty clear to him that everyone in the house treat Nichkhun the same way they treat him.” Wooyoung thought as he sees Chansung smiles.

“He’s the founder of this family.” Chansung said earning a shock expression from Wooyoung.

“Eh, that’s impossible. He did tell me he’s old. But he can’t be that old.” Wooyoung said disbelief. Chansung chuckles lightly.

“Hyung, Nichkhun hyung is way older than you imagine. Now, let me show you to Junho’s room. Nichkhun hyung said you’ll be looking for it.” Chansung guides Wooyoung who’s in shock.

“What is he, a vampire?” Wooyoung can’t help but let his imagination fill his mind.

........................................................................................................

A/n: just admit it, i'm terrible at description. a fast update because i have free time ^-^

enjoy and please leave some comments. thanks to all that subscribe.