Chapter 7

The loss hour

Wooyoung was back at the memorial place. Taecyeon is still standing there, looking forlornly at Wooyoung’s mother’s picture.

“Why don’t you tell me?” Wooyoung asks breaking the silence. Nothing comes out from the man. Wooyoung knows that Taecyeon heard him.

“Why are you not saying anything?” Wooyoung asks again. Taecyeon turns to look at him.

“What is there to say?” he asks. Sounding so distant…So loss… The silence envelops them again.

“Why did you do it?” Wooyoung asks after a while. Taecyeon stills keep his silent. Regret was evident in his face.

“Is it by your own choice?” Wooyoung keeps pushing. Taecyeon looks at him again.

“He makes her sad. She was crying. I can’t bear seeing her like that. I just want her to be happy again.” Taecyeon answers not addressing anyone. Wooyoung knows well who.

“My mother?” Wooyoung can’t help but ask.

“My beloved…” Taecyeon replies. That makes Wooyoung feels awful suddenly.

“Don’t call her that.” He said short. That caught Taecyeon attention. He looks at Wooyoung questioningly.

“You’re calling my mother ‘my beloved’ and then you call me with the same endearment. That doesn’t sound right. It’s awful Taec.” Wooyoung confess and unexpectedly Taecyeon laughs at his little outburst. It makes Wooyoung feels something flutter in his heart.

“I’ve been calling all of you like that since the beginning Wooyoung.” Taecyeon states making Wooyoung pouts.

“Not helping at all Taec.” Wooyoung said with a grunt. Taecyeon laughs again. That makes Wooyoung’s face heats up. He’s pretty sure he’s blushing right now.

“Then what do you want me to call you, Jang Wooyoung?” Taecyeon asks with a hint of tease in his voice. Wooyoung was redder than before.

“My name? Just Woo, maybe?” Wooyoung said hopeful which makes Taecyeon smiles falter. He turns away.

“If you know what you’re asking of me Wooyoung…” Taecyeon’s voice trails off making Wooyoung feels frustrated.

“How should I know if you don’t tell me anything?” Wooyoung said a bit angry. Taecyeon looks warily at him. He remains silent. Wooyoung huffs in annoyance.

“Really, how can he breaks the silent of a dejected man in mere second?” he thought.

“Taec, just know that you can speak with me anytime. I’m a pretty good listener.” Wooyoung said before walking away.

“I can give you everything, but can you accept any of it, Wooyoung?” Taecyeon whispers before smiling sadly as he watched Wooyoung retreating view.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………

Wooyoung was learning with Nichkhun about the management of his legal inheritance when a soft wind blows in the room. Nichkhun looks up at Wooyoung who was frowning from the document and he smiles.

“Need any rest, Woo?” Nichkhun asks shocking Wooyoung from his focus.

“Huh? What hyung?” Wooyoung asks confuse. Nichkhun smiles wider as he leans back to his chair.

“It seems like you’re thinking about taking a break. I see that he comes to free you from me.” Nichkhun explains as he gestures towards the window. Wooyoung follows the direction Nichkhun shown him and there, he sees Taecyeon leaning to the wall.

“Taec?” Wooyoung questions confusedly before turning back to Nichkhun.

“It did cross my mind to take a break for a while…but how did he…” Wooyoung thought hard but stop when Nichkhun speaks up.

“How did he know?” Nichkhun asks looking directly at Wooyoung and Wooyoung can only blinks. Nichkhun starts to grin. He turns to look at Taecyeon who was still in the same position.

“Hey, little bro. Father might be too busy to teach you the proper etiquette when he’s alive, but, I as your hyung should take the responsibilities. It’s bad to eavesdrop, and its worst to hear people thought.” Nichkhun said teasingly which makes Taecyeon rolls his eyes.

“Says you, who had been listening to Wooyoung just 5 minutes ago.” Taecyeon replies back feeling annoyed making Nichkhun chuckle. Wooyoung who silently watch the interchange between them notice the lightness carried in Taecyeon’s voice talking to his brother. It was always too serious or sad when Taecyeon talking to him. After the short teasing, Nichkhun turns his attention back to Wooyoung.

“I’ll take my leave. He’ll haunt me in my sleep if I don’t let you rest. You seems like you need it too.” Nichkhun informs to Wooyoung as he moves to stand. Then something crosses his mind. Nichkhun turns back.

“Well, I do think that Taec need to see you more then you need your break.” Nichkhun said with a wink and Wooyoung immediately blush at the words. Taecyeon just smile softly at him from where he stands.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………

Both Wooyoung and Taecyeon are walking together to get some air when Wooyoung breaks the silent.

“Do you have to do that?” Wooyoung asks purely curious. Not even feeling the slightest distaste at the fact Taecyeon had been reading his thought. Taecyeon becomes alarm automatically.

“Forgive me. You can block me if you dislike it.” Taecyeon said as he lowers his head. That action shocks Wooyoung.

“Taec, what happen to you that you turn out like this?’ Wooyoung asks voice slow. Taecyeon looks up; confusion is clear in his eyes.

“I saw from your conversation with Nichkhun hyung earlier, how you held yourself with pride. That you able to defend yourself infront of something wrong…what happen that you become like this?” Wooyoung points out and Taecyeon’s eyes glint with some hope.

“They never care before. They never once want to know the real me…and him, just a mere second… he was able to point out who I used to be…” Taecyeon thought as he feels like the warm feeling of a blood coursing through veins. Taecyeon wants to enjoy the feeling of blood pumping in him when reality hit him.

“Don’t put any hope Taecyeon… don’t expect anything…don’t let yourself fell into misery again.” Taecyeon immediately brush his hope when he sees Wooyoung’s sorry look.

“I’m sorry.” Wooyoung apologizes as he raises his hand to caress Taecyeon’s cheek, but stop before it touches. Wooyoung can feel the cold air on his skin where Taecyeon’s cheek is. Wooyoung gasps.

“He’s infront of me, but he’s not there…” Wooyoung thought a bit shock because to him Taecyeon looks so alive, solid even. The smiles Taecyeon gives him somehow making his heart cringe.

“Taec…” Wooyoung wants to say something when Taecyeon stops him.

“Wooyoung, do you want to know a secret?” Taecyeon asks suddenly and it was clear to Wooyoung that Taecyeon don’t want to talk about the subject. Wooyoung gladly comply.

“What?” Wooyoung asks. Taecyeon sincerely smiles at the question.

“Actually, Khunnie had been married several times. He’s like a player.” Taecyeon said short and that earns him a frown from Wooyoung.

“Khunnie? Married? Player? Who?” Wooyoung asks confuse with the unexpected information. Taecyeon chuckles lightly when he sees Wooyoung’s reaction.

“Oh, that’s what I call Nichkhun. I’m the only one with the privilege though. Don’t call him that. You won’t hear the end of it if you do.” Taecyeon explains making Wooyoung frowns deeper.

“That’s more confusing Taec. Nichkhun hyung had wives? He’s a player? But, how can he?” Wooyoung asks feeling clueless. Then Taecyeon smiles wide.

“What if I tell you that some of your family is Nichkhun descendant?” Taecyeon adds and Wooyoung’s eyes widen in instant.

“Eh?!!! What?!!!” Wooyoung said in shock and Taecyeon chuckles for a while before his face turn serious again. The solemn look returns to his features.

“Truthfully, that’s what Nichkhun had to pay for what happen to us.” Taecyeon stops. Wooyoung can feel the overwhelming feeling of regrets consuming Taecyeon.

“The spell Nichkhun cast is forbidden. Doing something forbidden come with a heavy price. That’s the price Nichkhun has to pay.” Taecyeon explains, but Wooyoung still frowning.

“He’s human like you and everybody else. He function normally, which means he can get sick, he needs to eat and everything else, and he can falls in love. Of course you know that come with the needs too. Nichkhun experiences all that. His only different from you is that he’s not aging since he shares his life force with me.” Taecyeon pauses for a while. Wooyoung try his best to understand all the information.

“Imagine, having to explain to your family why you’re not aging a day, and what worse, seeing their funeral before your eyes.” Taecyeon pauses to look directly into Wooyoung’s eyes.

“It’s a terrible feeling, Wooyoung. Seeing your love one dead. I know. I had experienced it too.” Taecyeon said. Wooyoung looks away as the memories of the first day he arrived at the mansion flashes in his mind.

“By the way…” Taecyeon voices light as he continues.

“To tell the truth, I think it’s pretty much Khunnie’s fault about his ual needs. Why did he choose to return and stop our time when we were 27 is still a mystery to me. Nichkhun, when he’s 27 at our time has some reputation with the ladies. I don’t blame him if he’s constantly .” Taecyeon jokes a bit to enlighten the mood a bit but Wooyoung remains serious.

“How about you? What kind of price you have to pay?” Wooyoung asks voice fills with concern.

“For me? I think you know pretty well what kind of price I have to pay. I’m not dead. I’m not even alive. I exist. I’m not even here. I can be anything you want me to be. I’m not even human.” Taecyeon turns serious as he answers with a sad smile. Wooyoung looks up with unreadable look.

“Then, should you at least get what your heart most desired?” Wooyoung asks and Taecyeon simply remains silent. He’s not saying anything, however, the way he looks at Wooyoung silently is giving the answers loud and clear.

“I want YOU!!!” Wooyoung just looks clueless.  Even when Wooyoung can read people’s thought easily, Taecyeon wasn’t human to begin with. Wooyoung wants to ask for more details when suddenly Taecyeon disappear into thin air.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………

Taecyeon appears infront of Nichkhun. Nichkhun raises his brows in wonder.

“That’s rare. You disappear before being sent away.” Nichkhun said looking curiously at his brother. Taecyeon sighs.

“He asks me what makes me turn out like this. He asks what my heart desired the most. It never feels so wrong to want someone, Khun.” Taecyeon confess. Nichkhun gives a small smile.

“It’s not wrong. Never wrong. Feeling is not something we can control fully. It just…” Nichkhun pause to think of the right words to say when Taecyeon speaks up.

“It just in my case, when they don’t want me back, I unexpectedly hurt the people around them.” Taecyeon said making Nichkhun involuntarily wince.

“Taec…” Nichkhun said slowly. He wants to somehow make his brother feels better but he hears the door to his room being open. Taecyeon once again disappear. Nichkhun looks as Wooyoung comes into the room.

“Nichkhun hyung, is he here?” Wooyoung asks a bit panting. Nichkhun shake his head.

“Not anymore.” Nichkhun answers making Wooyoung sighs. He sit on one of the chairs to catch his breath.

“Your younger brother sure is complicated hyung.” Wooyoung comments making Nichkhun gives a soft smile.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………

Taecyeon was walking along the hallway of the memorial place. The memorial place which is specially made for the families. All of their ashes were places there. Taecyeon scans the name on the plaque as he walks through. Each name that he utters brought back bitter memories to him. Taecyeon stops at one of the name. Jang Eun Hye. Taecyeon put his hand on the glass and he closes his eyes when the flashes of memory come in full force. The girl was born in time of poverty. They were so poor that one day the girl wish that they have lots of money. Lots of it. Taecyeon at that time was just getting accustomed to his new condition. Both he and Nichkhun still watch the Jang from afar at the time. When he hears the little girl wish, blinded by the needs to make her happy, Taecyeon takes bags of gold coins from the greedy mayor and present it to her.

“I’ve come to fulfill your wish, my beloved.” Taecyeon whispers not expecting the child to hear anything but then she looks at him in alarm. That’s when she’s aware of Taecyeon existence. The child eventually grew up to be a beautiful young lady. Her living condition improves greatly. Nobilities come to ask for her hand. Taecyeon was happy for her. She’s grew up well save for one huge flaw. She becomes greedy and knowing she can use Taecyeon, she tricked him.

“Many had asked for my hand, but I don’t want any. I’m happy enough that I have you. You’re the most important to me.” Eun Hye said to him one day. Taecyeon smiles proudly.

“Anything for you, my beloved.” He answers bowing his head a little. Taecyeon doesn’t realize the smirk spread across Eun Hye face.

“I’ll be happier if you can get the greedy mayor’s daughter sapphire for me.” She said changing her tone to make her sound like she’s sulking and Taecyeon immediately looks up.

“You won’t be sad anymore if I get you the sapphire?” Taecyeon asks and Eun Hye nods.

“I’ll probably fall in love with you if you do.” She answers and Taecyeon immediately disappear. Taecyeon opens his eyes back as the memories stop. He looks at the sapphire display in the glass case next to her name. Taecyeon sighs. He recalls the time when he brought the sapphire back.

“What are you asking my brother to do? You’re turning him into a thief.” Nichkhun wraths welcome Taecyeon when he enters Eun Hye house. Taecyeon watches as both Nichkhun and Eun Hye glaring at each other.

“Why don’t you take care of your own business?” Eun Hye fought back and Taecyeon turns pale in instant. He steps back immediately. Eun Hye had just made a wrong move. Nobody head with furious Nichkhun. Even their father avoids Nichkhun when he’s angry.

“My own business? This is my brother I’m talking about. No one can play with my brother’s heart. No one. You deserve some punishment.” Nichkhun replies angrily and Taecyeon’s eyes open immediately. He pants. He pulls away his hand from the glass cover. Taecyeon don’t really want to remember what Nichkhun had done to her.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………

Nichkhun, who was sitting in his room guiding Wooyoung through the documents, feels the turmoil of emotion.

“What are you doing little bro?” He thought silently when he turns his attention back to Wooyoung who suddenly sighs in frustration.

“That’s it, I give up. I’m giving all this to you hyung. Just handle everything. I don’t get any of it.” Wooyoung complains dejectedly and making Nichkhun chuckles.

“You just need some time Woo. Why are you trying to understand everything in one goes?” Nichkhun asks and Wooyoung just pout.

“What if we let my brother handle everything? He was trained for this.” Nichkhun suggest and Wooyoung pouts deeper.

“He can’t even hold a pen hyung. Are you playing with me?” Wooyoung said sulking. Nichkhun chuckle again.

“If I tell you that you can make him to be the way he used too, will you?” Nichkhun asks and Wooyoung eyes widen.

............................................................................................................................

A/n: I have nothing else to say other than i'm terribly sorry for the sriously late update.

my computer broke down and i lost everything, my stories drafts, my complete one...all my 5 years worth of k-pop collection, my pictures...it's just i'm too heartbroken seeing my blank computer....T-T....i'm sorry again...

anyway i hope there's still readers out there who's patiently waiting for me to update this story. i'll be glad... ^-^