Chapter 24

The loss hour

Wooyoung freezes. Standing in front of him, with a wide smile is none other than Jason Lee, a well-known figures in their lines of work, a name to be reckoned with, the one that Wooyoung knew way before he learns about his heritage, his ex…Jay.

“Aren’t you going to offer me a seat?” Jay asks still smiling wide making Junho grips Wooyoung’s shoulder tighter, sensing that his best-friend uncontrollable tremble.

“P…Pl…Please…sit down…” Wooyoung stutters eyeing Jason as he takes the seat in front of him. Jason looks at Junho whose still standing.

“Please sit down Junho, I’m not going to hurt Woo, if that’s what you’re afraid of.” Jason said as Junho turns to look at Wooyoung. He waits for some confirmation from Wooyoung and Wooyoung nods slightly. Junho moves to take the seat to the left of Wooyoung.

“What are you doing here, Jason?” Junho asks, resentment clear but Jason remains amused.

“My father told me that the Jang has a new head, I thought, it’s only right for me to visit, never thought it’ll be you, babe.” Jason said looking straight at Wooyoung. Wooyoung lowers his vision. Junho scowls at the endearment.

“Stop calling Woo that. He’s no longer your babe.” Junho said angrily but Jason still remains calm. He leans his head on his propped up hand.

“But Wooyoung doesn’t seem bother by it at all, right babe?” Jason asks winking and Wooyoung has his head bows lower. Junho can’t help but thump the table, hard.

“Your wife will be. She’s been harassing Wooyoung before…” Junho stops when he feels Wooyoung tugging his shirt.

“Nuneo, don’t.” Wooyoung whispers, shaking his head making Junho turns to glare at Jason. Jason straighten his body, eyes wide. Junho scoffs.

“What? You think your pretty wife is that innocent and naïve?” Junho tests as Jason looks at Wooyoung who still refuse to look at him straight in the eyes. He ceases to smile.

“At least he has the conscience to look guilty.” Junho thought as Jason stares silently at Wooyoung. He sighs.

“I’m sorry. I don’t mean for that to happen. I don’t come here to taunt you either. I honestly don’t know I’ll be meeting you here.” Jason explains making Junho rolls his eyes. Wooyoung still refuses to look up.

“You’re terrible liar Jason. Don’t know? A man of your credibility? I bet my whole fortune that your father knew and decided that he should sent you. What? Does he want you to mend broken relationship since Wooyoung obviously richer than your family?” Junho taunts which successfully makes Jason glares at him. Wooyoung tries to make himself smaller. He can’t reprimand Junho for what he said. Junho was talking from experienced.

“That’s one of the reason we broke up. His father think that I was out of his son league.” Wooyoung thought trying hard not to get emotion caught him. Jason keeps on staring at Wooyoung.

“Woo, I sincerely haven’t had the slightest idea. I was just thinking how I miss you last night and now, here I am…I was so nervous when I see you today that I came out like a jerk…”

“You are a jerk.” Junho cuts suddenly making Jason chuckles hollowly.

“So, how are you? Are you happy?” Jason asks sincerely and Wooyoung finally looks up straight at the man. He remembers him, the real Jason, the free one, the one he falls for.

“I’ll live…” Wooyoung answers sincerely. Jason gives a small smile. Junho no longer being offensive.

“…and you? Any little one?” Wooyoung asks after a while and Jason simply shrugged. He excused himself saying he can’t be here long and already walking to the door when he suddenly stop and turn to look at Wooyoung.

“How can I Woo? You know that.” Jason states before he exits. Wooyoung close his mouth with his fist as Junho sighs.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………..

Junho crosses his hands as thought of Wooyoung fills his head again.

“Woo must be distraught.” Junho whispers as he recalls Jason last words. Despite Jason being a jerk and leaving Wooyoung suddenly, making his best friend half-dead due to heart sick, Wooyoung never did hate Jason.

“Leaving him after promising you won’t and getting yourself married to a woman, you still have the audacity to said you miss him? And you make him feel guilty because of your choice? What a jackass!” Junho mumbles and that caught Minjun’s attention.

“What are you talking about?” Minjun inquires stopping Junho from his rant. Junho flushes a bit.

“Hyung, do you know Jason?” Junho asks instead.

“Jason?” Minjun said confused.

“Lee Jason.” Junho repeats as recognition hits Minjun. He nods.

“Absolutely. I have several encounters with him for business. Why?” Minjun asks.

“He’s Wooyoung ex.” Junho states calm. Minjun eyes widen.

“That’s shocking.” Minjun confess. Junho sighs.

“He came yesterday. To establish some business relation I guess.” Junho explains making Minjun frowns.

“How’s Wooyoung?” Minjun asks worried making Junho sighs again.

“He don’t speak a word. You should’ve seen his face hyung.” Junho said worriedly making Minjun groans.

“Should I inform Nichkhun?” he wonders.

“Doesn’t Nichkhun hyung know?” Junho asks back. Minjun sighs.

“It’s a wild guess with Khun. He’s too unpredictable.” Minjun confess as Junho nods. He had experienced some of his lord mood swing.

“He should be informed. Wooyoung will be depressed today, and when he come to visit tonight, I’m afraid for Jason. As much of a pain in the Jason is, I don’t prefer him dead hyung.” Junho points out making Minjun curses. He knows what Junho’s talking about. He tidied his table and run for Nichkhun.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………..

“Why are you so calm?” Minjun asks at the barely reacting Nichkhun after he finished telling him about Jason. Nichkhun stares at him and shrugged.

“Do you want me to panic instead?” Nichkhun asks making Minjun looks at him in disbelief.

“Well, for the prospect that the man will be in danger, you behave strangely.” Minjun points out making Nichkhun chuckles. Nichkhun pause his writing.

“Don’t worry too much hyung. Jason is married. My brother view marriage as sacred. He won’t be seeing that guy as a threat.” Nichkhun said calm. Minjun eyes him. Well, that answer one question. Nichkhun did know that guy.

“Are you exactly sure?” Minjun can’t help but asks. Nichkhun smirks at that question.

“Well, he wasn’t a threat. Doesn’t mean my brother won’t do anything to him.” Nichkhun states and Minjun groans.

“You’re a sadist aren’t you?” Minjun asks making Nichkhun laughs out loud. Minjun shook his head.

“Well, if you’re not that worried, I shouldn’t be. At least I can be relief that the Lee’s family won’t be having to hold a funeral in the immediate future.” Minjun said before he leave. It was not long after when Nichkhun sees a figure materialize leaning to the wall.

“Why do you have to lean to the wall every time?” Nichkhun asks with a frown.

“I thought I look cooler if I appear like this.” Taecyeon answers calm as he walks to the chair.

“Well, you do look cool.” Nichkhun agrees making Taecyeon smiles. He sits directly in front of Nichkhun.

“So, do you heard everything?” Nichkhun asks as Taecyeon nods.

“What are you going to do?” Nichkhun said, paying fully attention to his brother.

“Like you said, nothing.” Taecyeon said with a shrugged. Nichkhun sighs.

“It’s easy for you to say since you haven’t see Wooyoung yet. You heard what Minjun said. Woo will be depressed.” Nichkhun points out. That makes Taecyeon sits up straight.

“Why should Woo be depressed?” He asks, protective tone clears.

“That Lee kid choose a torturous life.” Nichkhun answers as Taecyeon simply raises his brows.

“He can’t touch his wife.” Nichkhun states calm and Taecyeon visibly tense at the information.

“Why can’t he?” He asks, voices dangerously low.

“He don’t have desire for women Taec.” Nichkhun points out making Taecyeon frowns.

“So, you’re saying he can divorce his wife and comes looking for Wooyoung?” Taecyeon said and Nichkhun sighs. If he don’t explains fast, it’ll be bad for Jason.

“If he can, he’ll have done it sooner, don’t you think?” Taecyeon was silent a bit. Nichkhun was saying the truth. He calms down a bit.

“Then, the Lee will have it hard. I thought that he’s the only successor?” Taecyeon inquires visibly not in murdering intent anymore.

“I heard that they’re going to try the IVF.” Nichkhun informs casually. Taecyeon stares at him with white eyes.

“Isn’t she a maiden given her husband condition?” Taecyeon asks making Nichkhun laughs.

“Like Junho said, she wasn’t that innocent and naïve.” Nichkhun said and Taecyeon has his jaw drop.

“How did you…” Taecyeon pauses when he sees Nichkhun growing smirks.

“Do you have that much free time Khunnie?” Taecyeon asks looking quite amused.

“The perks of being immortal, Taec.” Nichkhun answers as Taecyeon shakes his head.

“I’m starting to regret destroying you antiques.” Taecyeon said as Nichkhun laughs out loud.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………..

Taecyeon was going to knock when he arrives at Wooyoung’s room that night when the door suddenly being open and Wooyoung jumps right at him. He’s thankful that he’s solid enough that instead of Wooyoung falling straight to the floor, Wooyoung makes him lost his balance and make them both fall, Wooyoung on top of him.

“Taec…you come. I’m afraid you’ll be angry...at me…at Jay…” Wooyoung rants as Taecyeon tenses a bit at Wooyoung’s nickname for his ex.

“His name is Jason isn’t it? Jay? What?” Taecyeon thought as his jealousy building up fast but feeling how Wooyoung is hugging him tight, his jealousy vanishes as easily as it appear.

“Why would I be angry at you? And who is this Jay? Are you meeting someone else behind my back, Wooyoung?” Taecyeon asks making Wooyoung pushes himself further from Taecyeon. His hand on top of Taecyeon’s chest. His face pale.

“You…I thought you already knew…didn’t Junho…” Wooyoung pauses.

“Didn’t I what? I don’t go around blabbering my mouth you know.” Junho states with arms crossing. Chansung is behind him. He was going to greet Wooyoung but turns pale instead when he sees Wooyoung practically lying on thin air. Junho eyes Wooyoung and Taecyeon suspiciously.

“What are you guys doing? Should I said to get a room? But you guys are only few feet away.” Junho states making Wooyoung blushes. Taecyeon sits up and wraps his arm around Wooyoung waist. Chansung almost pant seeing Wooyoung move without moving a muscle. Junho looks at them with wide eyes.

“Are you guys thinking of doing it in public? I never thought that you were so Woo.” Junho said sounding weirdly excited making Taecyeon chuckles. Wooyoung was so red he feels a little bit faint.

“It seems like Woo is already overheat. I’ll take him in first.” Taecyeon said as he picks up Wooyoung and bring him into the room.

“Don’t be too hard on him.” Junho shouts before turning to Chansung who looks like he’d lost his soul. Junho shook his head.

“Seriously, asks Minjun hyung to teach you how to see him. He wasn’t that scary if he’s visible.” Junho advices leaving the still shocked Chansung behind.