Chapter 4

The loss hour

Nichkhun walks into Wooyoung’s room and he smiles when he sees color begin to get back to Wooyoung’s face.

“Are you feeling much better now?” He asks and Wooyoung nods. Nichkhun sits on one of the chair place in the room. All the others decide to leave them alone.

“Hyung, I call his name.” Wooyoung speaks weak and slow once they were left alone.  Nichkhun smiles weakly.

“I know.” He said almost in the same tone with Wooyoung.

“You ask me not too. Why can’t I hyung?” Wooyoung asks confuse.

“Calling him means that you accept him…” Nichkhun paused. He seems deep in thought for a while before he begins explaining to Wooyoung how it all begins.

“He promises himself to be with your family forever.” Nichkhun stops. He looks at Wooyoung directly in his eyes.

“Forever is a long time hyung.” Wooyoung answers. Nichkhun gives a bitter smile.

“Indeed. However it was promised like that. As long as there is direct descendant of the Jang, which means yours, he and I will continue being like this.” Nichkhun explains.

“So, that’s why you lost consciousness earlier?” Wooyoung inquires.

“He wants me to make it so that he was involve with you in some way and I want myself to be involve with him…so like it or not, whatever you do it affect both of us.” Nichkhun said with a sigh.

“It’s the blood promise Wooyoung.” Wooyoung hears the voice.

“Hyung, why are you not calling his name?” Wooyoung can’t help but ask. Wooyoung realize that Nichkhun never address the man with his actual name.

“I can, I’m just afraid you’ll be uncomfortable if I do. Usually when I call his name, he’ll come.” Nichkhun explains making Wooyoung flinches a bit.

“Then, does that means if I call him, he’ll come to me?” Wooyoung asks cautious. He looks afraid. Nichkhun can’t help but smiles wide.

“There’s a different when I call him and when you do. Everytime you call him, he’ll get stronger. He can’t materialize himself in his weakened state. Your late mother shut him off. The only reason he’s able to show himself at the funeral was because he can feel you coming.” Nichkhun realizes as Wooyoung’s face turn pale once again.

“You do realize after the funeral you’re only able to see blurry image and faint whisper right, Woo?” Nichkhun asks. Wooyoung nods in instant. Wooyoung was pretty satisfied with everything for now but something bothers him once again.

“Wait hyung, why is it me? You said he only likes women. I may not look that manly, but I’m a man nevertheless.” The questions bring a smile to Nichkhun’s face.

“I said he loves women. But I never said only. It’s natural for women to be attracted to a man like him, that’s why he loves women. It’s a special case for you since you is your mother only child…and Woo, there’s something you won’t admit frequently right?” Nichkhun stops to look at Wooyoung. Wooyoung blush immediately. He’s pretty sure Nichkhun was talking about his ual orientation.

“He knows, he can feel you as well as you can feel him. Your kind is design to be attracted to him, but unfortunately never in love.” Nichkhun stops. The looks of pain and sympathy are gracing his features.

“…and one more thing Wooyoung, the thing I wish I don’t have to tell you…” Nichkhun catches the look of nervousness in Wooyoung’s eyes.

“Minjun hyung never mention it to you, but your late mother full name is Jang Sooyoung.” The words make Wooyoung gasps in shock.

“I should give you some time to absorb everything in.” Nichkhun said as he starts to leave. Once he’s near to the door, Wooyoung’s voice stops him.

“Hyung, I’m curious. Why is he in the state he is, and why are you…well look human?” Wooyoung asks after overcoming his first shock.

“Like I said, he promises himself to you while I’m not. Besides, Woo, do you really think I’m what you think you see?” Nichkhun teases and Wooyoung gives out an awkward chuckle.

“Don’t frighten me hyung.” He begs and Nichkhun simply smiles before he leaves the room.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

Wooyoung was left alone in his room that night. Then he feels sudden breezes enter the room. He knows that Taecyeon was there with him in the room, but Wooyoung can see nothing.

“It’s weird, compare to before you don’t frighten me that much.” Wooyoung said out loud and he feels like a soft wind caressing his cheek.

“My beloved…” the faint whispers reach Wooyoung ears. Wooyoung flinches.

“Do you have to call me like that? You can call my name you know.” Wooyoung suggests and he feels something ghosting over his nose and moving down to his lips.

“Call me, call my name…” the voice asks and Wooyoung can feel the desperation in it.

“Your full name?” Wooyoung asks confuse. There was no answer. Wooyoung gulps.

“Should I been doing this?” he wonders but decide to get it over with.

“Ok Taecyeon…come, come to me.” Wooyoung calls and in instant he sees a figure materialize only a few centimeters hovering over him. Wooyoung almost freak out but freeze when Taecyeon trace Wooyoung’s lips with his thumb, staring at them longingly for a while before pulling away.

“Hey! Taecyeon, you almost give me a heart attack. You can’t do that. You can’t steal my kiss.” Wooyoung mumbles as he tries to slow down his racing heart. Taecyeon just stare silently at him.

“Can I call you Taec? It’s simpler that way.” Wooyoung asks but Taecyeon remains silent.

“Taec?” he tries again and this time he sees Taecyeon’s eyes lighten up.

“You’re quite picky.’ Wooyoung complains but stop when he hears an amused chuckle.

“Lovely…” Taecyeon speaks up and smiles making Wooyoung stunts at the image.

“How can no one from my long line of ancestry ever fall in love with this man?” Wooyoung can’t help but wonder since the smile looks amazing on Taecyeon’s face.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………..

On the other part of the house, a tear fall down to Nichkhun’s face.

“Why do you have to choose for another possible heartbreak, my brother?” Nichkhun whispers into the thin air.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………..

Wooyoung was getting ready to go back to his apartment with Junho when Minjun comes meeting him.

“Woo, I’ll come with you to help you handle everything.” Minjun offers. Both Junho and Wooyoung look confusedly at each other.

“What do you mean hyung?” Wooyoung asks.

“Wooyoung, I’m afraid you can’t live the same life you’ve been living.” Minjun informs making Wooyoung eyes widen.

“But hyung…i…what about Junho?” Wooyoung doesn’t know what he should ask first.

“You are needed here Woo…and Junho, you’re invited to stay here if you wish.” Minjun explains. Wooyoung looks at Junho with expectant eyes.

“Please Nuneo, don’t leave me alone.” Wooyoung begs and Junho sighs.

“Why do you have to use my weakness Woo? What about my work?” Junho asks.

“Minjun hyung can find one for you here, right hyung?” Wooyoung turns to ask Junho and Minjun nods affirming the question. Junho sighs again.

“Can you give me some time to think about it?” Junho asks and Wooyoung nods eagerly. They get into the car to go back to their home.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………..

Chansung who watches the two guys from the window with Nichkhun walks back to one of the seats.

“Hyung, they seem close. The man won’t do anything to harm Junho right?” he asks. Nichkhun remains silent for a while.

“No, he won’t. It is still too early before he resolves to that. Besides, from what I see Wooyoung and Junho are no more than just best friend.” Nichkhun points out.

“Will you inform it later hyung?” Chansung inquires. Worries grace his face.

“I’ll tell Wooyoung, besides he’ll realize it soon enough the true nature of the man.” Nichkhun said slowly and Chansung agrees. Everyone in the old mansion knew it. The man favors late Mrs. Jang the most. Chansung remembers how angry Nichkhun was with her. She was using the man, using his blind hope for her, making him do something unspeakable.

Flashback…

Nichkhun rushes through the hall. He was beyond furious.

“Jang Sooyoung, what have you done?” He asks in anger. That’s when the others know about Mr. Jang accident.

“Nothing, I swear!” The middle age woman answers in tremble. She was frightens of Nichkhun. She knows very well what Nichkhun can do when he’s angry.

“Liar! You know he was cheating on you.” Nichkhun voices thunders. The middle age woman tries to make herself smaller.

“You sent my brother to kill for you. Kill your own husband. What did you promise him?” Nichkhun asks furious. The middle age woman shakes her head denying it.

“No! I don’t know anything.” She refuses to admit anything.”

“Did you say that you need him? That you want him? Or are you lying to him that you love him?” Mrs. Jang’s eyes widen and that’s all it needs for Nichkhun to snap. He slaps her hard. It might seem rude and immoral to others that he, a young man is slapping an old woman but Nichkhun can’t control his emotion. She was too much. Chansung who was there rush toward Nichkhun to stop him when he feels sudden breezes enter the hall.

“My beloved, I’ve fulfill your wish…” Chansung can’t hear anything but he sees how Mrs. Jang’s eyes widen in fear suddenly and how murderous Nichkhun looks.

“Get yourself away from me before I do the unspeakable to you with my own two hands.” Nichkhun warns icily before he walks away. That’s when Mrs. Jang runs away screaming in tears.

“Go away! I hate you! I despise you! I don’t ever want to see you in front of me again.” That’s the last thing Chansung hears before painful wails can be heard resonating in the hall.

End of flashback…

“...and he stills cries like that at her funeral after all she’s done.” Chansung voices out his thought.

“Even I can’t help but feel sorry for him hyung.” Chansung confessed making Nichkhun sighs.

“I’m indeed somehow involved with what happen.” Nichkhun blames himself.

“Now I understand why my mother left me this.” Nichkhun said as he throws a parchment toward Chansung. Chansung opens it and read the words written inside.

~Love is blind and can make us blind. It hurts and impossible to forget. I love you is just a word. A meaningless word when being said ~

“Did your mother know about him?” Chansung asks surprise.

“He was born after me, my mother take care of us both before she passed away.” Nichkhun explains. Chansung nods.

“I wish he can stop.” Chansung said sincerely.

“Yeah, me too.” Nichkhun unconditionally agrees with it.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

Once they were in the security of their shared apartment, Junho drops the bag he was holding and calls for his bestfriend.

“Wooyoung…” he said short. Wooyoung gulps. It wasn’t a good news everytime Junho calls his full name. When Wooyoung turns to look at Junho, seeing him folding his hand on his chest, Wooyoung almost need to stop himself from running away.

“I know something happen in that old house. Something really bad. You had been fainting every single day we were there. There’s something you didn’t tell me. What are you keeping from me Wooyoung? Seeing how you look when you beg me to stay, I know something serious had happen.” Junho stop as he scans Wooyoung. Wooyoung sighs. Even when Junho wasn’t born gifted like him, it was easy for Junho to read him.

“I don’t know if you can believe what I’m going to tell you.” Wooyoung confess. Junho gives a soft smile.

“Woo, I always believe you. No matter what.” Junho said comforting. Wooyoung gives an awkward laugh.

“I think telling you that I like another man is easier than this.” Wooyoung comments making Junho laughs a bit.

“It wasn’t that hard since I already realize all the sign beforehand.” Junho teases making Wooyoung scoffs.

“Yeah, you got your kick by teasing me.” Wooyoung complains and Junho laughs heartily.

“Now, can you explain to me what really happen at the old mansion?” Junho asks again and Wooyoung heaves a deep sigh.

“This will be long.” Wooyoung thought as he pulls Junho to take a seat.

...........................................................................................................

A/n: would you tell me what's the most confusing for you? i'll try to explain it in the next chapter. ^-^