Chapter 8

The loss hour

“If I tell you that you can make him to be the way he used too, will you?” Nichkhun asks and Wooyoung eyes widen. He looks pretty shock.

“What do you mean hyung?” He asks after a while.

“You know what he’s able to do during your mother’s time.” Nichkhun remind Wooyoung but paused when Wooyoung starts panicking.

“Wait, wait! Wait! Hyung, are you trying to bleed me to death?” Wooyoung ask, face’s evidently pale at the sheer memory of his mother’s blood’s will. Nichkhun silently watches Wooyoung with amazement.

“Hyung, that thing was bloody. I’ll need lots of blood to turn mine into that monstrosity.” Wooyoung pauses as he compare his own bloods will with his mother. He shivers with the obvious different.

“Yup, I’ll definitely bleed to death. Even with the condition of my mother’s will, he’s only able to do that much…to turn him to what he once was…” Wooyoung pauses as he shivers again. Nichkhun can’t help but chuckle seeing Wooyoung’s antic.

“Have anyone mention before that you can be a bit of a drama queen, Woo?” Nichkhun comments and Wooyoung turns beet red in instance. Nichkhun smiles wider at Wooyoung’s flustered face.

“I guess Junho did.” Nichkhun said and Wooyoung silent confirms everything. Nichkhun lets out a hearty chuckle.

“Don’t worry Woo, I assure you. There will be no blood involve.” Nichkhun said and Wooyoung evidently calm down at the information. He was pondering for a while before turning to Nichkhun with a frown.

“Then how hyung?” He asks. Nichkhun smiles somehow falters a bit.

“Love him back the way he do.” Nichkhun said with voice so slow Wooyoung feels slight thug in his heart.

“Yes, I’m asking you for something impossible. I know how hard it is wanting something so out of your reach.” Nichkhun wasn’t uttering anything, but Wooyoung heard him loud and clear nevertheless.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………..

Wooyoung is having another late movie night with Junho when he breaks the silent.

“Nuneo, will you be afraid if I said someone will come to me if I merely utter his name?” Wooyoung asks. Junho turns to look at him after shutting down the TV.

“Took you long enough to tell me.” Junho answers which make Wooyoung’s eyes widen in surprise.

“So you knew? Since when?” Wooyoung asks feeling a bit guilty for hiding it from Junho. Junho just smile.

“Chansung told me. He said something about job description. I don’t really get it, but I guess you’ll explain it once you’re ready.” Junho explains and Wooyoung can’t help but smile.

“Thanks Nuneo.” Wooyoung thanks him and Junho smiles wider.

“So, do you think I’ll be able to see him Woo?” Junho ask, excitement clearly in his voice. Wooyoung looks amaze.

“You’re not afraid?” He asks knowing how much a scaredy-cat Junho is. Junho shrugged.

“Well, seeing how the giant Chansung acts when he told me about the man, I can’t help but feel a bit superior to him you know. Besides, if I can’t see him, there’s no point of being afraid would I?” Junho points out making Wooyoung scoff.

“There’s come another one of Junho’s blind confidence.” Wooyoung thought knowingly.

“But Nuneo, for your information, Chansung turns completely rigid in the man’s presence. Won’t it be more eerie knowing something was there in the room with you but you can’t see a thing?” Wooyoung tests making Junho stunted. His confidence smile was slipping fast.

“Should I test it by calling him? Will you promise me that you won’t wet your pant?” Wooyoung tease making Junho pouts.

“Oh, come on Woo! You can’t do this to me just because you can see him. That’s not fair.” Junho complains and Wooyoung chuckle.

“One thing I can promise you Nuneo, if you’re able to see him, you’ll only think of him as crazy stalker. Believe me if I says he don’t have the look to become a scary ghost. Why don’t you asks Chansung for picture tomorrow so you won’t be too shock.” Wooyoung keeps teasing and Junho can only huff in annoyance.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………..

Wooyoung was walking to his room when he catches Taecyeon’s figures leaning to the wall.

“You’re here Taec.” Wooyoung greets but frowns when he sees Taecyeon’s serious hard expression.

“Who is he?” he asks short and firm and Wooyoung can feels some jealousy in those words.

“Who? Nuneo?” Wooyoung asks back quite confuse at Taecyeon’s demeanor.

“Who is he?” Taecyeon repeats the question, voice getting deeper. The jealousy becoming more intense at the usage of the nickname.

“He’s Junho.” Wooyoung answers dismissing the feeling he felt coming from Taecyeon since there’s no reason for Taecyeon to feel threatened by Junho.

“What is he?” Taecyeon asks, voice dangerously low and Wooyoung flinch. More to the fact on how Taecyeon addressing his best friend other than the feeling interlacing the question.

“Taec, it’s rude to speak like that. He’s my best friend.” Wooyoung warns and Taecyeon’s expression immediately soften at the information. He walks until he was right in front of Wooyoung. His hand ghosted over Wooyoung’s cheek. Wooyoung shiver at the cold sensation.

“Are you sure, Wooyoung?” Taecyeon asks and Wooyoung blinks in confusion.

“Sure of what?” Wooyoung asks clueless.

“That you’re just best friend with him?” Taecyeon asks and Wooyoung blinks again.

“Of course. What else could we ever be?” Wooyoung said confuse and he catches a smile adorning Taecyeon’s face.

“That’s good then.” Taecyeon whispers before he vanish. Wooyoung stare confusedly at the empty space where Taecyeon once was and shrugged.

“What was that all about?” He asks curiously before he continue his walk.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………

Wooyoung keep rolling in his sleep and finally he opens his eyes. He was welcome with darkness. He sighs.

“How can it be so cold? It’s not even winter and I don’t even switch on the air-cond.” He complains to himself as he tries rubbing himself for some heat. Feeling like doing that was not helping, Wooyoung gets up and looks around.

“How come this big bedroom doesn’t have any single blanket?” He asks frustrated. Wooyoung looks at his bedroom door longingly.

“I’m too lazy to go search for one.” He whines loudly when in truth he was more afraid to walk around alone in the huge mansion. Wooyoung sighs. He lies back on the bed and tries to curl up to get some heat. He closes his eyes.

“If there’s some heat…” He thought silently but then jerk up and eyes widen when he feels something warm rubbing his arm before moving to encircle his waist. Wooyoung tries to focus and gasp when he sees Taecyeon lying sideways looking at him on his bed.

“T…Ta…Tae…Taec….” Wooyoung whines as Taecyeon looks up at him with curious eyes.

“Are you trying to give me a heart attack?” Wooyoung asks and Taecyeon immediately get up. His face turns into that of a guilt.

“My apologies.” He said and Wooyoung’s face soften. He was just too shock, he doesn’t mean to sound angry. He sighs.

“What are you doing here Taec?” Wooyoung asks after his racing heart calm down. Taecyeon gives a soft smile.

“You’re asking for some heat. I’m trying to help you.” He answers innocently but Wooyoung blush nevertheless.

“You could always use some blanket. How come you end up choosing to share body heat?” Wooyoung asks shyly. The question make his ears turn redder. Taecyeon moves towards the nightstand and show Wooyoung how his hand went through the lamp.

“Isn’t sharing body heat is the best answers for my problem Wooyoung?” Taecyeon asks with a hint of naughtiness in his voice. Wooyoung can swears that he catch Taecyeon smirks. Wooyoung huff.

“That’s explain why you’re always popping out of nowhere. Earlier, I consider asking you to knock on the door first the next time.” Wooyoung complains making Taecyeon chuckle. Wooyoung lies back on the bed.

“I’m too sleepy to argue with you. Let’s just sleep.” Wooyoung said and Taecyeon lies back next to him. He moves closer toward Wooyoung and was about to brought Wooyoung into a hug when Wooyoung looks at him with wary eyes.

“Please, just lie there. No touching.” Wooyoung said and Taecyeon looks at him with curious eyes.

“Don’t you need the heat anymore, Wooyoung?” Taecyeon asks, his voice light and Wooyoung was sure Taecyeon was teasing him right now. He pouts.

“You’re taking advantage of me. If I’m a girl, this can be consider ual assault.” Wooyoung complains sourly and Taecyeon chuckles.

“But you’re a man Wooyoung. Of course this wasn’t a ual assault. Right?” Taecyeon asks and Wooyoung pouts deeper. He turns his back toward Taecyeon. Taecyeon was definitely teasing him right now.

“Just sleep already.” He said as he tries his best to hides his embarrassment.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………

“Was he always like that, hyung?” Wooyoung asks after contemplating for a while making Nichkhun stop his work.

“Always like what?” Nichkhun asks quite confuse at the sudden question. Wooyoung blush again at the prospect that he needs to explain everything back to Nichkhun. He decides not to.

“Hyung, if I’m in shower and for say I’m in urgent need of a soap, will he come and give me one?” Wooyoung asks making the subject more general and Nichkhun already catch what Wooyoung wants to say.

“Taec must have done something quite personal last night.” Nichkhun thought to himself. He can’t help but smirk.

“Depends on how much you wants it Woo. If you really need the soap, and his help, then of course he’s willingly will.” Nichkhun answers, his tone suggestive and Wooyoung blush deeper as his imagination running wild.

“Stop it Khun, you’ll make steam comes out of him sooner or later.” A voice said and Wooyoung looks up to see Taecyeon leaning at the spot he usually is. Nichkhun chuckles.

“What exactly had you done to this seemingly-not-so-innocent-young-man, Taec?” Nichkhun asks still teasing making Wooyoung pouts. Taecyeon smiles at Wooyoung before turning to Nichkhun.

“Not much really. Wooyoung asks for some heat and I just want to share some.” Taecyeon explains sounding as innocent as he can be and Nichkhun burst into laughter as he gets the full picture. Wooyoung feels his face turns so hot that he’s sure he can cook something on it.

“Both of you were such a bully. I’m getting out of here.” Wooyoung whines before rushing out of the room leaving the two behind. Taecyeon takes the seat when Wooyoung leaves.

“You call?” Taecyeon asks and Nichkhun’s face turn serious.

“You’re touching him.” Nichkhun said and Taecyeon realize Nichkhun wasn’t asking. He stays silent.

“What makes you?” Nichkhun asks because Taecyeon always keep his distance. He never do more than what being asks of him. Something must has trigger the action.

“Junho.” Taecyeon answers short and Nichkhun palms his face. He sighs.

“Don’t hurt him Taec, he was like a brother to Woo.” Nichkhun reminded. Nichkhun feels somewhat defeated because Taecyeon always make that promise. He always give the same answers every time Nichkhun asks him the question.

“I’ll try not to.” Nichkhun wince. He expect Taecyeon to answer like that but shocked hearing Taecyeon sincere answers.

“I won’t.” Taecyeon answers and Nichkhun almost smiles in relief. Because, no matter how possessive Taecyeon can be, he’s still a man of his word. Nichkhun realize.

“Yes, something is really different this time.” He thought silently.