Chapter 5

The loss hour

“Nuneo, remembers the man that we’ve seen crying at the funeral?” Wooyoung begins. Junho nods.

“Well, you see…in addition to what I’m inheriting…I sort of inherit him too.” Wooyoung said. Junho frowns at the information.

“What do you mean, Woo?” he asks confuse.

“He was a sort of guardian for my family or something. He has been for so long. That was his promise.” Wooyoung paused to scan Junho. Junho frowns deeply. There are too many questions that need answers. Wooyoung can feel Junho’s confusion.

“I’ll explain to you what I know the best that I can because I’m not that clear about it either.” Wooyoung said calm before he begins explaining.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………..

Wooyoung was lying on the bed alone that day since Junho was out early to settle his resignation. That’s when Wooyoung feels the breeze.

“Taec, is that you?” he calls to the open air and suddenly a figure materialize in front of him.

“My beloved, I’ve come.” Taecyeon answers. Wooyoung cringes.

“Do you have to call me like that?” Wooyoung asks but Taecyeon remains silent.

“Does that mean you call all of us like that?” Wooyoung asks in realization.

“Yes…you’re all precious to me.” Taecyeon answers and Wooyoung can’t help but frown.

“That really doesn’t sit well with me to know that you call me, my mother and my grandmother my beloved.” Wooyoung shivers.

“See, you make my hairs stand up.” Wooyoung complains. Taecyeon just silently stare at him.

“Call my name...” Wooyoung instruct out of sudden. At the words, Wooyoung feels a sudden shock washes over him. Taecyeon watches him, accessing the truth in his word.

“Please?” Wooyoung asks earnestly this time and he can sees amazement in Taecyeon’s eyes.

“Wooyoung…” Taecyeon calls him and Wooyoung feels hot suddenly. He can sees that Taecyeon becoming more solid than before.

“Just call me Woo.” Wooyoung asks and this time he feels amazement and a slight hope.

“That was special, intimate. Are you really giving me that privilege?” Taecyeon asks. His voices are in whispers. At once Wooyoung realize the implication.

“They’ve asked him the same thing before. It hurts him that it means nothing to them.” Wooyoung thought. He looks sympathetically at Taecyeon. Wooyoung wants to say something, anything to ease the hurting heart when Taecyeon suddenly vanish.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………..

“Khun…” Taecyeon speaks when he’s in familiar surroundings. Nichkhun raises his brows when he sees his brother.

“You’re looking more solid than before.” Nichkhun said short scanning Taecyeon.

“What did he do?” Nichkhun asks after a while.

“He asks me to call his name. His first name…” Taecyeon answers. Nichkhun sighs.

“You know that it doesn’t mean anything right Taec?” Nichkhun reminded.

“I know…” Taecyeon answers knowingly. He sounds a bit sad.

“How do you feel about him Taec?” Nichkhun asks as he takes a seat in front of Taecyeon. Taecyeon was silent for a while.

“He’s different. He can feel emotion. All the Jang’s always did. What make him different is that he can feel MY emotion. Almost like you Khun.” Taecyeon paused. Nichkhun smiles a bit.

“I’ve guessed that he can. He knows that I read his thought.” Nichkhun points out making Taecyeon’s eyes widen.

“That’s not an easy feat.” Taecyeon said amazed. Nichkhun laughs.

“May I remind you that you’re not supposed to like him more than you already are?” Nichkhun warned. Taecyeon scoffs at the warning.

“It wasn’t like I haven’t learnt my lesson after all this time.” Taecyeon answers determinedly making Nichkhun scoffs too.

“Really? Did you?” Nichkhun asks challenging. Out of sudden a harsh wind enters the room making the items in the room shaking. Taecyeon’s face tightens. Nichkhun remains calm.

“You know that I’m telling the truth.” Nichkhun points out and at once Taecyeon vanish from the room.

“That’s the problem with you Taec. You let emotion guide you. How can I ever tell you that Wooyoung has the potential to end our misery if you’re acting like this?” Nichkhun thought silently as he walks out of his room.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………..

Taecyeon was staring at the photo of Jang Sooyoung, Wooyoung’s late mother at the memorial place. His face adorned with confusion.

“Sooyoung, I’ve met your son. The one you’d sent away from me. That you had forbad me from looking for him. I’ve met your son.” Taecyeon whispers as he was talking to a living person.

“I’d go to him the day you die. He needs to know. He deserves to know. Then he comes. With his own free will, he comes. There, he sees me, crying at your funeral.” Taecyeon pause.

“Sooyoung, your son sees me as clear as you can see me. As clear as Nichkhun. As clear as I’m a human being.” Taecyeon exclaims proud.

“It’s your son, Sooyoung. Your own blood, that asks me to call his name. His given name, the thing you never ask me to do until your last breath.” Taecyeon sounds so hurt.

“You told me, there’ll be no one from your blood that’ll accept me, that I’m a freak. But Sooyoung, your son treats me so good. It’s like I’m a person, a living being.” Taecyeon pause again.

“What can I do Sooyoung if I’m attracted to him the first time I saw him? What can I do if my simple wish to be there for you and your descendant ends up as a disaster like you said? What do you want me to do Sooyoung?” Taecyeon speaks feeling desperate. His change of mood makes the weather turns bad out of sudden. It starts raining. It feels like the sky was crying for him. Taecyeon had always realize ever since he was alive that his mood somehow affect the weather and since he become what he is now, the effect becomes amplifies much to Nichkhun dismay. Nichkhun will become cranky everytime Taecyeon lose control of his emotion.

“Taec, stop making it so obvious. Imagine what sort of lies I should come out with if you drag this for weeks.” Taecyeon remembers Nichkhun nagging at him and he smiles. He then decides to go back to Nichkhun.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

“Taec?” Nichkhun asks once he arrives. Taecyeon smiles a bit. Nichkhun was like radar. Nichkhun can always detect people presence. At their time, Nichkhun’s power was bizarre, so their father kept him hidden. Taecyeon always feel sorry for him then, and even now.

“Yes Khun.” He answers. That’s all that left to them, each other. Taecyeon watches as Nichkhun examining some sort of paper on the table.

“I can’t imagine what the maids of our time will say if they saw you deeply engross in some sort of paper, reading. Khun, they thought you don’t even know how to read. If father sees you right now, he’ll probably faint.” Taecyeon teases making Nichkhun frowns.

“If I can’t read, how can I invoke the incantation needed to make their love potion? Those are silly maids.” Nichkhun scoffs. Taecyeon laughs. Hearing that, Nichkhun’s eyes widen. It’s so rare to hear Taecyeon laughs.

“Yeah, they’re silly to ask you makes love potion that they’ll use on you.” Taecyeon states still laughing and Nichkhun can’t help feeling happy too. It had been so long since his brother feels that happy.

“You seem like in a good mood.” Nichkhun said as he examining Taecyeon. Taecyeon stops and gleams happily at Nichkhun. Nichkhun silently scans his brother.

“You went to meet her.” Nichkhun said after a while making Taecyeon smiles. He was not even surprise anymore how Nichkhun can do what he does.

“I thought you’ll keep bothering Wooyoung.” Nichkhun states as he focus his attention back to the papers on his desk.

“Why would I do that?” Taecyeon asks shockingly confuse. Nichkhun looks up and frowns at his brother.

“That’s what you always do Taec.” Nichkhun states as matter of fact and Taecyeon frowns too.

“I’m just accompanying them. That’s hardly a bother.” Taecyeon defend. Nichkhun scoffs at the words.

“Yes, in your point of view. Wooyoung had hinted me that you almost steal his kiss the first time he calls you. Care to explain?” Nichkhun asks raising one of his rows.

“I didn’t kiss him!” Taecyeon exclaims. Nichkhun scoffs again.

“But you want it.” Nichkhun concludes and almost immediately Taecyeon blush.

“You never do anything like that before. What’s the different Taec?” Nichkhun asks curious. Taecyeon stays silent for a while.

“I don’t know. It’s always that I want to be theirs. But with Wooyoung, I want him to be mine.” Taecyeon confess and Nichkhun’s eyes widen a bit with the statements. He becomes cautious.

“Go to him Taec. I have some works to do. You know how it is with the blood promise. It’s a complicated matter. I’ll call you when I’m done.” Nichkhun said and Taecyeon gives a small smile before he vanishes. Once Nichkhun was sure that Taecyeon was not in the near vicinity, he rings for Minjun and Chansung.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

“Khun?” Minjun calls.

“Hyung?” Chansung said after. They both arrive at the same time at Nichkhun’s room and see him pacing the room.

“Something bothering you?” Minjun asks as they both take the seats in the middle of the room.

“He said he wants Wooyoung. He want to make Wooyoung his.” Nichkhun said clearly worried and both Chansung and Minjun gasp. Chansung shivers. He knows who Nichkhun was talking about. Nichkhun never calls the man name in front of others because a slight mention will make him come.

“What do you mean hyung?” Chansung ask.

“Make Wooyoung his?” Minjun was confused.

“Hyung, you know how he is when someone want him. He’ll be possessive and controlling. I can’t imagine what’ll happen if he wants someone.” Nichkhun said with a frown as he takes the empty seat.

“He never wants someone before?” Minjun asks cautiously.

“Not for a long time.” Nichkhun points out making both of them frown at once.

“Hyung, I’m afraid for Junho.” Chansung admits after a while.

“Yes Khun, the man will see him as competitor.” Minjun states making Nichkhun frowns deeper.

“Then, that left us with only one option. Tell Wooyoung the truth.” Nichkhun concludes and both Minjun and Chansung’s eyes widen at the statement.

“Tell Wooyoung hyung what happen to his father?” Chansung asks first.

“…or tell him why we let his mother sent him away?” Minjun asks next and Nichkhun simply nods his head. Minjun sighs heavily.

“That’ll be hard to accomplish Khun.” Minjun reminded.

“He’ll know hyung. He’ll be furious.” Chansung agrees with Minjun and Nichkhun can’t help but sighs heavily.

“I’ll distract him. I’ll need your help to explains it to Wooyoung hyung…” Nichkhun said almost begging and Minjun at once agrees. Nichkhun turns to look at Chansung.

“…and you can entertain Junho at that time right, Channie?” Nichkhun asks with weak smile and Chansung nods furiously.

“Just hope that everything will go with the plan.” Nichkhun wish as both of them nods in agreement.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

Taecyeon arrives at Wooyoung’s apartment shocking the man.

“Taec, can’t you at least make some noise? You’re giving me a heart attack.” Wooyoung nags while packing his stuff making Taecyeon frown.

“I’m sorry.” Taecyeon apologizes. Wooyoung looks up and sees the guilt adorning the handsome face.

“I’m not mad.” Wooyoung exclaims softly making Taecyeon’s face soften at once.

“But, I’ll feel better if you can be more helpful.” Wooyoung suggest making Taecyeon looks at him curiously.

“Help me pack. This is tiring.” Wooyoung whines making Taecyeon chuckles at his action.

“You know that I’m not solid Wooyoung.” Taecyeon reminded making Wooyoung sighs.

“Yeah, if I can make you more solid…” Wooyoung words trail off but Taecyeon eyes brighten.

“Because, there’s nothing he wants more than becoming solid as human again…” Taecyeon thought silently.