Chapter 17

The loss hour

Junho frowns as Minjun and Chansung guides him into the inner chamber of the Jangs’ obituary.

“Hyung, why are we learning family’s history in an obituary? Isn’t library is a much better choice?” Junho can’t help but asks. He can heard Chansung small chuckle as Minjun stays silent.

“Believe me, you’ll prefer this option over library any time sooner. Remember the old manuscript Khun hyung teach you how to read? Imagine having to go through that for hours…” At the words, both Chansung and Junho literally shiver. They had experience what kind of nightmare those old manuscripts were. Chansung leans down to whisper at Junho.

“There was one time when Khun hyung asks Minjun hyung to bring us to the library…” Chansung paused at the memory.

“Just know that Minjun hyung was out cold for days because of terrible headache…” Chansung said but then jolts straight back when Minjun clears his throat. Junho realizes how Chansung tenses up when they realizes there’s Taecyeon floating in front of two pictures in the inner chamber. From the way Chansung reacts, Junho is pretty sure that Chansung can sees Taecyeon as clear as him. Minjun walks closer toward Taecyeon.

“Greetings, my lord.” Minjun greets as he takes a 90 degrees bow. Taecyeon turns around and snickers.

“You call Khunnie by his name and you call me my lord. Are you that afraid of me?” Taecyeon asks mocking while Minjun remains calm. He had went through something like this every time Nichkhun asks him to teach new gifted personnel.

“I do afraid of you, but I have learnt to be frightened of Nichkhun more than you.” Minjun answers and that brought chuckle to Taecyeon. Taecyeon walks toward Minjun and pats his shoulder lightly.

“Don’t be so tense. Stand up and tell me what I have to do.” Taecyeon said calm making both Chansung and Junho feels somehow relief.

“He’s not that frightening as they thought.” Both of them concluded. Minjun stand up straight and walks until he’s next to Junho and Chansung.

“Nichkhun asks me to bring them here and teach them family history.” Minjun explains as Taecyeon scans both Junho and Chansung ups and downs. He smirks.

“Well, well, well. If it’s not the buff bodyguard and the best friend…” Taecyeon walks around them.

“Did Nichkhun ever inform you guys that learning family’s history means that you’ll put your life in my hands?” Taecyeon said with a huge grin. Chansung nods fast and Junho’s eyes widened. Minjun remains expressionless. It was silent for a while before Taecyeon chuckles.

“I won’t harm you guys. At least I’ll try not to. Khunnie will be pissed if I do. I’ll teach both of you, but one at a time. I don’t want to hurt Wooyoung.” Taecyeon said before walking out of the chamber and disappear. Chansung immediately drops to the floor and Junho stay stunned. Minjun silently assessing their reaction.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………..

They were back in Minjun’s room when Minjun finally speaks up.

“I’ll make some explanation. First, both of you will learn from Taecyeon himself about the Jangs because only two people in this house knows about them inside out…” Minjun stop when suddenly Junho asks.

“Why it isn’t Nichkhun hyung?” He wonders.

“Khun hyung deals with what can be seen while he deals with the unseen.” Chansung provides making Minjun smiles.

“Thanks for the explanation Chansung, like he says Junho, Nichkhun have too much on his hand already and Taecyeon is…well, he’s always in the inner chamber if not visiting his Jang…so, it’s easier to ask him…and the inner chamber…” Minjun pause. He stands up and takes down a huge leather bound album out of the drawer. He flips to the front pages.

“Recognize these pictures?” Minjun asks pushing the album towards Junho. Junho nods.

“Well, to put it short…the first one is Jang Sooyoung, then Jang Dae Young and then his daughter, Jang Ji Eun and these two are hers…” Minjun points to the male pictures.

“Jang Ji Hoon and Jang Jin Hee.” Minjun points to the female pictures.

“These two are the first one bounded to Taecyeon and Nichkhun completely. The inner chamber stores their ashes so that’s why the magic in there is the strongest. Junho, you realize that Chansung can see Taecyeon in there right?” Minjun asks. Junho simply nods.

“Well, he can’t outside. That’s why he’s always afraid of Taecyeon. But what differ Chansung from you is that he can speak in a way that Nichkhun, Wooyoung and I can to Taecyeon.” Minjun pause.

“Can’t I learn?” Junho asks after a while.

“Unfortunately, that trait is hereditary. You have to be born with it.” Minjun pause seeing Junho frowns deeper. He smiles a little.

“Chansung will explains to you about our connection but first I’ll have to let you know about the rule. When learning with Taecyeon, remember that you’ll always has to address him by his title. Nichkhun should be address like that too but he despise it so that’s why we call him by name. But with Taecyeon, don’t. No matter how many time he ask you to relax around him, just don’t. His name is privilege only to the Jangs and Khun.” Minjun stop when Junho interfere.

“What happen if we call him by his name?” he asks.

“Well, the last time I learnt from him was when Mrs. Jang Sooyoung was still around with another bodyguard…the bodyguard calls him by name…he asks us too…” Chansung shiver at the memories.

“That bodyguard still has to visit the infirmary every week for blood transfusion until now. The last time, he was late for one day, we found him fainting on the floor, pale as a corpse…he lost almost 4 pint of bloods.” Chansung informs and that makes Junho eyes widen.

“That sound dangerous.” Junho comments and Chansung nods vigorously.

“Saying his name while talking like this is completely fine, but when addressing him, you better beware if you want to live a normal life.” Minjun warns again and both Chansung and Junho nods.

“Since Chansung had learnt from Taecyeon before, Junho will starts first this time. You should go to the inner chamber starting tomorrow. Don’t worry too much, we’ll sent someone to monitor you.” Minjun instructs and Junho nervously nods. Chansung sighs in relief but jolts straight up when he caught Minjun glaring at him.

“…and you Chansung, it’s about time you learn on how to perceive Taecyeon outside. Nichkhun will want to bring you the next time he visit the old mansion.” Minjun warns and Chansung can’t help but complain defeated.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………

Wooyoung was getting ready to sleep when Taecyeon appears hovering above him. Wooyoung stares innocently at his eyes and Taecyeon smiles widen.

“Getting ready to sleep, Wooyoung?” Taecyeon asks.

“Are you going to appear like this after this?” Wooyoung asks calm.

“If you’re ok with it.” Taecyeon answers simply and Wooyoung pouts. He considers about it for a while.

“Well, I don’t really mind. Maybe a bit further, you’re entering my personal space. You know what’s personal space is right?” Wooyoung asks looking directly into Taecyeon’s eyes. Taecyeon straightens his arm and put some distance between them.

“Like this?” he asks and Wooyoung silently gulps seeing the veins popping around the hands that caging him. He nods subtly.

“Nichkhun told me that when I’m being too close to someone making that someone feels uncomfortable, that means I’m entering their personal space…” Taecyeon said and Wooyoung silently nods again. Taecyeon moves closer that he used his elbows to distance the two of them. His head leans down so that his lips near to Wooyoung’s ear.

“But Wooyoung, you don’t seem that uncomfortable to me.” He whispers. Wooyoung immediately blush and turns his head away.

“Taec, gets off me.” Wooyoung whines and Taecyeon finally lets out a hearty chuckle and lie down next to Wooyoung.

“Why do you have to tease me all the time?” Wooyoung asks still not looking at Taecyeon. Taecyeon turns so that he’s looking at Wooyoung.

“It’s in my nature Wooyoung. It’s my personality. Besides, I really enjoy seeing you blush because of me.” Taecyeon confess making Wooyoung turns to look at him.

“That’s not a really pleasant thing to know.” Wooyoung comments unsatisfied making Taecyeon chuckles.

“For a guy, you do blushes a lot.” Taecyeon points out and Wooyoung glares at him.

“I can’t help that I was born this way. So, you shouldn’t be too happy for being able to make be blush since I blushes all the time, even when it’s just the simplest thing.” Wooyoung mumbles unhappily. Taecyeon smiles as he ghosts his hand over Wooyoung’s cheek, staring lovingly at him.

“Still, I love it the most when it’s cause by me…Lovely…My Beloved…” Taecyeon last words are almost in whispers and Wooyoung can’t catch it. Wooyoung breaks their eyes contact and turn to stare at the ceiling.

“I should go to sleep. I have class with Nichkhun hyung tomorrow.” Wooyoung sighs tiredly and once again Taecyeon moves to hover above him, trapping Wooyoung between his arms.

“What is it this time?” Wooyoung asks genuinely curious.

“I’m giving you a good night kiss.” Taecyeon says simply and Wooyoung automatically covers his mouth.

“Wait…Wait…Wait…If I just let you kiss me, won’t I be that someone that walks around letting anybody kiss him just because they want too?” Wooyoung mumbles against the fingers that were covering his mouth. Taecyeon chuckles.

“That really bothers you a lot isn’t it? Besides, why are you covering your mouth? What gives you the idea that I’ll kiss you there?” Taecyeon asks clearly teasing. Wooyoung’s eyes widen and he immediately pulls his hand away. He’s blushing really hard.

“That’s a reflex. An involuntary actions. I have no control over it.” Wooyoung tries hard to defend himself but stop talking when Taecyeon leans down and peck his forehead.

“Sleep well, don’t be late for tomorrow and don’t dream of me. It’ll be scary if you do. Good night.” Taecyeon said before he vanishes. Wooyoung was lost for words for a while.

“Aish, I should ask him to use proper etiquette to enter and exit someone’s room after this.” Wooyoung mumbles to himself as he stares at the door of his bedroom.

“Nah, if he do, then I’ll have to get up and gets the door.” Wooyoung sighs before covering himself with the mattress and get a much deserved sleep.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………..

“Holy!!!.....” Junho screams in terror when he realizes Taecyeon floating near the window of his bedroom when he gets out from shower.

“God, can’t you appear normally? That’s pretty shocking.” Junho complains signaling Taecyeon to takes a seat.

“Normally? You means like knocking the door?” Taecyeon said mocking. Junho turns to him looking in disbelief while fastening his belt.

“That’s manner. For a lord like you, isn’t that what’s expected?” Junho asks as he put on a jacket. Taecyeon chuckles.

“Being courteous to you? Why should I? It’s good enough that I’m here to accompany you to the inner chamber.” Taecyeon points out and Junho rolls his eyes.

“I guess I should be grateful for that?” Junho said unsure as he packs his notebooks and all the needed stuff.

“For you to walk alone from the entrance to the inner chamber…well it’s bad for your heart…not that I mind it…” Taecyeon said with a wide smirks and Junho stops his actions. He seems a little bit shaken. He turns to look at Taecyeon.

“Seriously, I’m not really sure whether you’re trying to be civil or not with me. I’m just putting up with you because Wooyoung will need me.” Junho points out trying to show some courage. Taecyeon still smirking.

“Oh, I’ll be good. Even when I hate to admit it, Wooyoung do loves you. Even I’m compel too…I won’t do anything that’ll make him hate me…” Taecyeon last words was so slow, Junho almost miss it. That instance Junho knows, at least his life won’t be in any immediate danger.