Chapter 21

The loss hour

Junho was enjoying the show in front of him, Chansung running on a treadmill, wearing a wife beater, sweating and panting when Junho realize a mirage emerging in front of Chansung. Junho almost gasps loudly in shock when Taecyeon materialize fully. A wide smirk can be seen on the face of Wooyoung’s guardian and Junho is sincerely afraid for Chansung right now. Taecyeon leans closer in front of Chansung and push one of the button on the machine, and seeing the way Chansung reacts, Junho was pretty sure Taecyeon push the speed up button. Junho eyes widen when Taecyeon turns to look straight at him.

“, he knew I’ve been watching him.” Junho thought as Taecyeon’s smirk growing wider. Taecyeon pushes the button again, and seeing how the Jangs elite bodyguard struggles, Junho wants to shout for warning.

“But I’m afraid of my life if I do that. Forgive me for being selfish, Chansung.” Junho silently apologize but can’t help himself from frowning when Taecyeon leans forward for the third time. The speed of the treadmill make Chansung lost his footing and he tumbles backward to the floor. Junho rushes to help Chansung when Taecyeon vanish from the scene.

“Are you ok?” He asks, worried and feeling guilty at the same time.

“Woah.” Chansung said as he sits properly.

“I guess I’m losing strength in my legs. It feels like the treadmill keeps on getting faster and faster.” Chansung comments while wiping his sweat with the towel Junho hands him. Junho frowns.

“How Chansung can remains oblivious despite having the ability to talk ‘his’ language?” Junho thought as he offers his hand to help Chansung up.

“Chansung, I think you should spend more time studying with Minjun hyung…for your own good…what a loss…” Junho mumbles the last words walking away leaving Chansung in confusion.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………..

Junho was practically running that morning for his class with Taecyeon when the said guardian decides to do a no-show. Junho never thought he’ll be so glad to step into the inner chamber. Taecyeon is sitting on the desk that holds the two eldest altars, with his head bows low, arms cross looking like he’s in a deep sleep. Junho knows better to think it was the case, Ok Taecyeon never sleep.

“Are you trying to punish me too? What kind of wrong had I done to you? I even told Wooyoung to specifically ask for you.” Junho asks angry, adrenaline still pumping in his blood giving him courage to reprimand Taecyeon. Taecyeon finally looks up at him, eyes blinking slowly.

“Are you forgetting the fact that you’re the one that give Wooyoung that idea in the first place?” Taecyeon reminds making Junho shut his mouth tight. Taecyeon takes a deep breath.

“About this morning, I’m not planning to do any harm to you, I’m just weary and lost track of time.” Taecyeon said as Junho can’t help but sigh weakly. He has learnt to accept that was the closest to apologies he’ll receive from the man sitting in front of him. Junho scans Taecyeon and realize that the man is going back and forth between being livid and transparent. He feels kind of bad. The inner chamber cuts power from outside, meaning that Taecyeon has to rely on his own power and surrounding to keep his vigor.

“What are the odds of Wooyoung helping you when we’re in here?” Junho wonders remembering the time when Nichkhun told him how the connection between Wooyoung and Taecyeon work.

“Their connection to each other supposed to be continuous, meaning that Wooyoung needs to consciously give my brother a life force so that my brother can maintain his physique and protect him.” Nichkhun explains. Junho can’t help but frown.

“Protection? Why would Woo needs more?” Junho asks feeling incredulous since being the Jangs’ current head and sole successor from direct lineage, Wooyoung has lots of physical bodyguards (they even have their own part of town dedicated for them to live in). Junho don’t really see why Wooyoung would need any more protection. Junho looks at Nichkhun and seeing how the man smirks, Junho don’t really feel like he wants to know the answer to his question.

“Well Junho, you don’t really think that I and my brother are the only supernatural being living in this world, aren’t you?” Nichkhun states not really asking, smirks growing wider. The memories still bring shivers to Junho to this day. Junho eyes Taecyeon, seeing as the man struggles to even stand up straight. Junho rolls his eyes.

“Seriously my lord, just ask Woo to help you. It wasn’t like you’re going to be responsible if anything happen to us while we’re in there. I don’t think Woo would mind doing anything for you.” Junho complains more worried than annoyed, getting used to his like-hate relationship with his best friend’s guardian. Taecyeon visibly sighs.

“I can’t. Consciously…remember? They have to do it voluntarily. I can’t demand anything from them. That’s just wrong.” Taecyeon states and Junho feels sudden anger rising in him.

“…and it was fine that they demand from you?” Junho asks because he knew the truth. Before his lesson with Taecyeon, Nichkhun had cement the entirety of the blood promise into his skull. All the Jangs (Wooyoung included), always want something when they perform the ritual. Junho knows what and why Wooyoung did what he did on the day he signed his blood will. Junho also aware when Wooyoung flails and grumbles to him about the gore of his mother’s blood will.

“The only time my brother is most human is in the time of Jang Sooyoung and Jang Wooyoung.” Nichkhun’s words replay in his mind and Junho finally snaps.

“That makes me wonder, what exactly had Jang Sooyoung did to you…” Junho asks knowing fully well how different the mother and the son. Taecyeon ignores him as he concentrates on his surrounding to take in the energy to regain his stabilize physique. Taecyeon then left Junho without uttering any words.

“Of course. No Jangs ever do any harm to you. Not physically that is.” Junho said before he follows suit.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………

Wooyoung lies down next to Chansung on the field of grasses. He was panting hard. He hears Chansung chuckling next to him.

“Hyung, for a dance instructor, you have seriously low stamina.” Chansung comments making Wooyoung groans, he doesn’t understand why his ‘business studies’ with Nichkhun turns into ‘P.E.’ with Chansung.

“Might as well make you fit.” Nichkhun words replay in Wooyoung’s mind making him conclude that Nichkhun must really enjoy messing him up, physically and mentally.

“I have good stamina. It’s just you that have monstrous strength.” Wooyoung whines making Chansung chuckles again. Chansung sit up from his lying position.

“Thank god that Junho have his class this morning.” Chansung states earning a curious glance from Wooyoung.

“Huh?” Wooyoung question.

“If your guardian know about this and sees you lying here next to me, I might be killed.” Chansung said with a frown jolting Wooyoung up from his lying position.

“Kill? Isn’t that too extreme?” Wooyoung asks nervous, remembering how Taecyeon wants to choke Junho to death with his bare hand (Junho told him he even bleed. Wooyoung forget that Junho is a drama queen as much as he is). Chansung shook his head at Wooyoung questions.

“You haven’t experience his jealousy aren’t you hyung?” Chansung asks and Wooyoung innocently blinks.

“What happen to me the last time when he ends up blinking like an old lamp, is just him teasing me. Imagine if he’s actually jealous.” Chansung shudder at the possibility and Wooyoung shrugs.

“He doesn’t have any reason to be jealous in the first place. It wasn’t like we are couple.” Wooyoung comments and Chansung’s jaws drop. Really, he should be glad that Wooyoung don’t even consider him but he was too worried for the man to do so.

“Hyung, he calls you my beloved. You kiss him every night and you even ask to look at his bare chest. What more proof that you need?” Chansung asks bewildered making Wooyoung’s eyes widen. A blush slowly creeping onto his face.

“Hey! How do you know all this? …and I don’t kiss him every night. He’s the one that kiss me. But not every night though.” Wooyoung mumbles the last words. Chansung still manages to catch it.

“Junho told me that he might had save my life. He told me how when I asked him.” Chansung answers sincerely. Wooyoung frowns in anger.

“Lee Junho!!! I should have known.” Wooyoung mutters and was going to nag a certain best friend until his ears are off when Chansung voices stop him in his track.

But hyung, you don’t deny that you ask to look at your guardian’s bare chest. Looking at your face, I would never have thought that you were that advance hyung.” Chansung comments casually and Wooyoung really thought that he might burst in flame from the heat of embarrassment he feels.

“Channie!!!” Wooyoung really can’t help but whine when his bodyguard/ ‘P.E.’ teacher chuckles once again.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………..

Wooyoung was walking back and forth in his room when Taecyeon comes to visit that night. He eyes Wooyoung who was too deep in thought to realize his presence. Wooyoung was frowning and crossing his hand still focused when the drop of temperature in his room finally catches his attention. His eyes widen a bit when he realize Taecyeon looks at him questioningly.

“Taec, when did you arrive?” Wooyoung asks finally staying still in one place. Taecyeon remains quiet, accessing Wooyoung behavior before he speaks up.

“You’ve been thinking a lot lately aren’t you Wooyoung…” Taecyeon states clearly not asking. Wooyoung unexpectedly pout.

“Do you want me to leave you alone?” Taecyeon asks calmly which shock Wooyoung a bit since he fully expect Taecyeon to ask him what’s wrong. He looks straight at Taecyeon.

“Are you not going to ask?” Wooyoung questions. Taecyeon smiles, but it looks kind of sad in Wooyoung’s eyes.

“If you want to tell me, I don’t even need to ask right?” Taecyeon said like he was used to that silent treatment, that isolation, knowing that he was always there but never needed. That makes Wooyoung gasps.

“I don’t mean to make you feel that way.” Wooyoung states in rushes. Taecyeon smiles again.

“I know. But I can’ help it.” Taecyeon confess. Wooyoung sighs.

“Something is bothering Me.” He starts. Taecyeon eyes him silently. Wooyoung starts pacing again for a while before he stops for a second time in front of Taecyeon.

“Nuneo had point it to me more than once. Chansung had said it too. But I don’t know.” Wooyoung rambles alone. Taecyeon remains silent. Wooyoung looks straight at him.

“Are you really not going to ask?” Wooyoung questions again. Taecyeon remains passive. Wooyoung groans and messes his hair in frustration. He inhales a deep breath.

“This…we…us…what exactly is this.” Wooyoung finally asks. He just want to make it clear. He hates ambiguous relationship. Taecyeon’s eyes widen a bit but he stills remains silent. It’s not easy to shred centuries of insecurities, exactly not when the person he desires starts showing signs of backing away. Signs of shutting him of. Taecyeon was afraid…really.

“Are you going to remain silent?” Wooyoung asks, frustration clear.

“What are you going to ask of me my beloved?” Taecyeon finally whispers, voices fills with so much pain but Wooyoung fails to recognize it. He snaps at the use of endearment.

“I told you not to call me that.” Wooyoung said, tone high.

“But I love you.” Taecyeon whispers.

“Then I am no different from the others. You love them. You love my mother, Taec.” Wooyoung exclaims, voice rising higher.

“I love you.” Taecyeon repeats. Wooyoung glares.

“No you don’t.” Wooyoung exclaims. His own insecurities building. It wasn’t easy for him to open up too. Jay said that he loves him, and Jay still leave him alone and broken. Wooyoung words make Taecyeon un-beating heart winces in pain.

“I love you.” Taecyeon repeats for the third time, stressing the word to the point of almost screaming.

“I don’t know Taec. I don’t see any different…” Wooyoung said, still insecure.

“I’ll tell you again and again…until you’re sick hearing it from me…I love you, Woo.” Taecyeon said and his last words make Wooyoung looks up at him at once. That was the first time Taecyeon call him by his nickname. Wooyoung eyes swell almost immediately. He hates himself for being such an , for being damn distrusting. For even had the audacity to question the sincerity of the man who throws away his life, his humanity just so that he can be with the ones he love.

“Then please tell me, what exactly we are, Ok Taecyeon…” Wooyoung whispers.

...........................................................................................................

A/n: I don't know about this chapter...i've been rewriting it more than once....about the ending...it end more serious then i plan...oh, i'll probably change this story rate to m, looks like i can't stay clear from writing m stuff >_< hope u guys don't mind. oh and this is the image of the family tree if u guys can open it....

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/407786941245469206/