Chapter 13

The loss hour

Wooyoung just come out of the shower and throws his towel recklessly on the sofa. He puts on some cloth and almost jumps in shock when he turns around and see his towel stops mid-air.

“Taec, is that you?” Wooyoung asks nervously and almost scream seeing invisible hand removing his towel. Wooyoung sighs in relief when he sees his guardian’s familiar face. When he realizes how transparent Taecyeon is, Wooyoung frowns.

“Taec, why are you so see-through?” Wooyoung asks feeling curious. Taecyeon was fully visible the last time they met. Taecyeon smiles guiltily.

“I’ve been pranking that young bodyguard.” Taecyeon answers sincerely, preparing himself to whatever reaction Wooyoung will give to his answer. He lowers his head. Taecyeon waits for the oncoming wrath that always come when he does something like that before, when he was with other Jangs, but surprisingly Wooyoung don’t show any reaction to it. He keeps on asking.

“Chansung? But why?” Wooyoung asks confusedly, taking a seat right in front of Taecyeon. He doesn’t seems angry at all. Taecyeon can’t help a small relief smile.

“Because I overheard, that someone can’t stop ogling at him.” Taecyeon said, looking at Wooyoung directly, making the man blush. Wooyoung looks away.

“How can that be Chansung’s fault?” Wooyoung asks slowly.

“He manages to catch your attention. I feel quite jealous.” Taecyeon explains calmly making Wooyoung blushes harder.

“W…Wh…What did you do to him?” Wooyoung stutters, clearly feeling shy.

“Just enough to make his day miserable.” Taecyeon states boldly and Wooyoung looks at him directly, feeling quite surprise.

“You’re being brutally honest, aren’t you?” Wooyoung asks, quite amuse. Taecyeon smirks.

“I can’t lie Wooyoung. Especially not to the Jangs. You can feel it if I do.” Taecyeon explains and Wooyoung nods. Then Wooyoung looks up again. His eyes meeting Taecyeon’s.

“…and if you can lie to me, would you?” Wooyoung asks seriously. Taecyeon can’t help but sigh.

“There are times when I wish I can do that, you know, lying to any of you, because often times the truth hurt. I would gladly do that if it can save you from a heartbreak cause by me. However, I can’t. I don’t have the power to do so…and Wooyoung, I really don’t want to hurt you. Especially not you.” Taecyeon answers sincerely making Wooyoung feels a slight tug in his heart. He looks away. Taecyeon simply smiles as he stands up.

“I’m going.” He said making Wooyoung looks back at him.

“Ok.” Wooyoung answers slow and nod. Taecyeon was starting to dissipate when he remembers something.

“Oh, and Wooyoung…if you ever want to ogle over someone else body again, please don’t. Just ask me. I have a pretty good body too, you know. I’ll be glad to let you watch to your heart contents.” Taecyeon said confidently before he disappear. Wooyoung can’t help but frown.

“What the…” He complains and blush start forming on his face again when he realize how suggestive Taecyeon’s suggestion was.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………..

Junho sings along to the music when suddenly the music turns into a screech and then static. Junho looks around, frowning and almost jump when a figure materialize in front of him. He gulps when Wooyoung’s guardian’s eyes meet his.

“C…Ca…Can I help you?” He asks stuttering. If not for his training with Nichkhun, Junho think he’ll probably faint. Then Junho catches Taecyeon smirks.

“You’ve done some terrible mistake. You surely know what I’ve done to people like that. Khun should had brief you.” Taecyeon said calmly, smirks still on his face. Junho starts frowning and he glares angrily at the almost transparent man.

“He’s clearly threatening me.” Junho thought in alarm.

“For someone incapable to even hold a pen, what can you possibly do to me?” Junho dared courageously, trying his best to sound brave when in reality his knees already shaking out of fear. He calls the time during his training when Nichkhun told him how possessive Taecyeon can be, and he shouldn’t cower in fear when Taecyeon comes taunting him. Taecyeon somehow realizes Junho’s pretentious bravery and he grins wider.

“Are you sure you’re completely safe from me, Lee Junho?” Taecyeon asks, voice sending chills to Junho’s spine. His eyes waver, but Junho manages to keep his stand.

“I have to fight. He can’t keep me away from Woo.” Junho thought, determined.

“I’m not afraid of you.” Junho states firmly and Taecyeon’s eyes widen, seemingly amuse with Junho’s resolution.

“You should be, Lee Junho, I can be pretty dangerous when I want too.” Taecyeon states flatly and somehow Junho manage to find in his will to glare at Taecyeon. Taecyeon let out a small chuckle.

“Just know that I don’t appreciate it when my beloved drool over someone else like that.” Taecyeon said warningly before he vanishes. Junho immediately drop to the floor, not realizing his legs has turn jelly.

“My beloved? Who does he thinks he is to claim Wooyoung like that?” Junho manages to complain despite his fear.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………..

“You teach him pretty well.” Nichkhun looks up from his works and directly at Taecyeon. He raises his eyebrows in question.

“Lee Junho.” Taecyeon answers and Nichkhun nods in acknowledgement.

“He’s talented. Have fun testing him?” Nichkhun asks knowingly, continuing his works, not really interested. Taecyeon sighs.

“I mean it Khun. Every words I say.” Taecyeon said sincerely and Nichkhun stills keep his composure.

“You always do. What’s the different this time?” Nichkhun asks, finally paying attention to Taecyeon.

“He’s afraid. But not even once he steps back.” Taecyeon said, sounding tense.

“Junho’s not a threat Taec.” Nichkhun warns slightly and Taecyeon sighs again. He rubs his face.

“I know. I don’t want to feel this way. The desire to make Wooyoung totally depending on me. That no one can be close enough to him. I despise that feeling. But, it’s hard when my heart is the one doing the thinking instead my head, Khun…” Taecyeon said, sounding really frustrated.

“Junho loves Wooyoung.” Nichkhun said and that simple statement manages to make Taecyeon tensing up all over again. Nichkhun sighs.

“Not the way you do Taec. Let me finish first. For someone like Junho, threat won’t work on him. Especially when he can see and hear you. You should be aware of that.” Nichkhun states the obvious. Taecyeon can’t help but looks suspiciously at his brother.

“Khunnie, are you sure that Junho is not your love child? He’s way too talented not to be your direct bloodlines.” Taecyeon said accusingly and he blinks rapidly in shock when out of sudden a book was sent flying right through his head. Taecyeon never thought he’ll be glad that he’s not all meats and bones.

“Hey! What was that for?” Taecyeon asks, eyes widen as he automatically checks his face for any damage. His action make Nichkhun scoffs.

“Don’t act like it do any damage to you Taec. Not in your state right now.” Nichkhun points out making Taecyeon frowns.

“I might not able to feel anything, doesn’t mean it won’t leave any bad taste when something flew right through me. Why in hell are you doing that?” Taecyeon asks, a bit resentful. Nichkhun looks at his younger brother boringly.

“Stop over reacting. You deserve the flying book. You’re implying bad thing about me.” Nichkhun states calmly and now it was Taecyeon turns to scoff.

“Implying bad thing? I’ll be if you’re such an angel, Khunnie. I’ve known you for all my live and un-live to know that you’re just a devil wearing that white, clean image.” Taecyeon shoots back. Nichkhun can’t help but chuckle at the comparison.

“Well Taec, it’s an establish fact that the next generation is always the improvement of the first one, like this smart phone…” Nichkhun pauses as he twirl his phone.

“So, if I’m a devil wearing an angel suit, then, what it makes you, Ok Taecyeon, my younger brother?” Nichkhun asks reminding Taecyeon making the man groans before breaking into laughter.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………

Junho watches Wooyoung silently as the man busy practicing his dances moves. Junho smiles at the facts that Wooyoung is still like his old self even when the said man is now a director to several companies and have scary invisible guardian that can possibly kills on his whim. Junho can’t help a bitter chuckle seeing how completely fine his best friend is.

“You look distracted. What’s bothering you?” Wooyoung asks, taking a seat next to Junho who was lost in his thought. Junho looks at Wooyoung who was drying his sweat.

“Are you coping well, Woo? Living like this?” Junho ask when he’s sure Wooyoung has calm down.

“What do you mean Nuneo?” Wooyoung asks confuse.

“You know, having your name value to million dollars now when before we had to starve for days waiting for our next salary.” Junho smiles a bit at the memory. Wooyoung smiles too.

“It feels like those days had been long gone right?” Wooyoung asks earning a nod from Junho.

“Now your every actions can easily end someone career. How do you cope with that burden?” Junho asks again. Wooyoung smiles a bit.

“Nuneo, you know that they only use my name. Khun hyung is the true mastermind.” Wooyoung reminded and at that Junho can’t help but laugh.

“Aaah, I totally forget. Khun hyung needs a representatives. If not the boards directors will be shocked seeing that their president never age a day. They’ll probably have heart attack.” Junho exclaims and Wooyoung laughs at the logic. Junho words do hold some truth. There are some board directors who’s been with the company for generation. When both of them has quiet down, Wooyoung’s expression turns serious.

“Now Nuneo, what exactly do you want to ask me?” Wooyoung asks looking directly at Junho’s eyes. Junho sighs.

“I can’t never hide anything from you am i?” Junho said earning a warm smile from Wooyoung. Junho takes a deep breath.

“About your invisible guardian…” Junho pauses. Wooyoung’s eyes widen but he remains silent.

“How does he treat you? Is he treating you good? Is there any possibilities that he might hurting you?” Junho asks genuinely worried. Wooyoung frowns and was in a deep thought before showing an assurance smile toward Junho.

“There’s many thing in this world that I’m not sure of, but I can promise you this one thing confidently…I’m…Jang Wooyoung will be the last person he’ll hurt…” Wooyoung pause for a while making Junho staring wide eyes at him.

“…physically that is.” Wooyoung finishes and that comments caught Junho’s attention.

“But Woo, how about emotionally?” Junho asks but Wooyoung easily evaded the question by asking another one.

“Why do you asks Nuneo? Did he comes to bother you?” Wooyoung asks curious and Junho immediately looks away.

“It’s no use covering it. Wooyoung will knows. He always knows.” Junho thought before he nods.