Chapter 15

The loss hour

Wooyoung was running around not really having any destination in mind but somehow his feet bring him to his family obituary. He halts as he look at the entrance.

“Come on, why are you even here at night?” Wooyoung whines as he hesitates to enter. He almost want to step back when he remembers how dire Taecyeon condition is.

“You need to help him Woo…” Wooyoung mutters trying to gather his courage. He takes a long and deep sighs before he finally enters the place. Wooyoung tries to rush but his feet refuse to move further than a step. He literally walk with fingers covering his eyes with just enough space to take a peek. Wooyoung walks along the aisle until his eyes catches the flickering figure sitting on the floor. Wooyoung feels like his heart almost drop seeing the eerie scene.

“I’ll end up having a heart problems if this become natural occurrence…” Wooyoung thought as his feet finally taking a wider stride to the flickering figure. Wooyoung almost reaches where the figure sit when his heart beats faster again, this time by completely different reason. The flickering figure, Taecyeon turns and stare directly at him. They maintain eyes contact as Taecyeon stand and walk until they’re face to face. His flickering hand reaches out for Wooyoung’s cheek, ghosting over it before it moves and stop right on Wooyoung’s chest. Wooyoung gulps silently as he feels coldness seeping into his skin.

“Am I hurting you again?” Taecyeon asks, voices slow and distance, it tugs Wooyoung’s heart. Wooyoung moves his hand right on top of Taecyeon’s, he softly smiles. He realizes Taecyeon unintentionally reads his thought.

“Instead of worrying about me, why don’t you take time to worry about yourself first?” Wooyoung asks, voice fills with concern.

“But you’re my priority, Wooyoung. Always are, always will be.” Taecyeon answers fast, not even a moment of hesitation and Wooyoung sighs.

“If that’s the case, it is of utmost concern that you be in the best condition you can be.” Wooyoung said looking up at Taecyeon. His hand that was over his chest earlier moves to hover over the flickering man’s face.

“Because you have to be in a good shape for me to be in a good shape, right Taecyeon?” Wooyoung said and just with the mention of his name, Wooyoung can sees the veins in Taecyeon’s start flowing with blood, his heart pumping with vigor, the bone reshape, restructure and turns condensed, it was like watching the making of human anatomy, and finally when Wooyoung’s hand that was hanging on the air finally land on a soft skin, he looks very pleased and automatically his smiles widen.

“Now, that’s better.” Wooyoung comments satisfied and Taecyeon leans in to Wooyoung’s touch. He eyes Wooyoung with unreadable looks. Wooyoung removes his hand and going to turn away when out of sudden Taecyeon bent down and catches Wooyoung’s lips with his. Wooyoung was pretty shock and not really responding when he feels a warm hand tilting his head and the kiss start getting deeper. Wooyoung can feels Taecyeon’s tongue tasting him, exploring his cavern with so much intensity and needs, it makes Wooyoung dizzy. He was left with erratic heartbeats and tight pants when Taecyeon finally release him and disappear. Wooyoung blushes hard but start to panic when he realizes he was left alone in the obituary.

“How could he left me alone here?” Wooyoung whines as he starts running to the entrance with all his might, hard on completely forgotten.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………..

Nichkhun almost curses due to shock when he wakes up and realize his brother standing like a statue next to his bed. Nichkhun groans in annoyance.

“Taec, what are you doing standing there? My not exactly beating heart might actually stop if you keep doing that.” Nichkhun complains trying to get rid of his sleepiness but he immediately turns, eyes widen and completely focus when he realizes something.

“Taecyeon, you’re flesh and bones.” Nichkhun states in shock since it’s the first time he’s seen Taecyeon that solid since they turn immortal.

“What happen? What did Wooyoung do? Is he ok?” Nichkhun asks in astonishment fully getting up from his bed to check on his little brother.

“He’s fine. I won’t be here if he’s not.” Taecyeon answers taking a seat next to Nichkhun. Nichkhun feels warm radiating from Taecyeon and he smiles. Nichkhun had learnt way before that when Taecyeon was as cold as ice, his Jang had negative emotion about him and when Taecyeon was as warm as the summer, his Jang was definitely pleased. In this case, Wooyoung must be very pleased with Taecyeon that Taecyeon almost look human if not for his invincibility.

“What makes Wooyoung so happy Taec?” Nichkhun asks simply seeing Taecyeon a bit lost.

“That I’m back to my usual states, that his hand finally rest on something that is not empty air…his smiles was so radiating that I can’t help it…”  Taecyeon pauses as he recalls the looks Wooyoung give him, a genuine concern for him…he himself with no underlying meaning that always come from the others and the pure excitement when he was back…Taecyeon was enchanted. Nichkhun just raise his brows silently waiting for explanation.

“I kissed him, a deep one…guess that I want him that much…” Taecyeon explains and Nichkhun looks amused.

“A deep kiss…a fully consented one…” Nichkhun thought silently.

“…and Wooyoung? Is he totally fine with you kissing him? I remember how shocked he was when you almost kissed him before.” Nichkhun wonders and Taecyeon remains silent. Nichkhun sighs. There’s no used for him to keep asking Taecyeon as it’s pretty clear that his brother was acting on impulse.

“Guess I’ll ask Wooyoung himself. I’ll need to confirm something.” Nichkhun thought silently.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………..

Wooyoung splashes his face again with a cold water. The adrenaline that he got earlier from the running still pumping fast in his blood. He takes a deep breath to calm down.

“I never want to step foot in the obituary at night again.” Wooyoung exclaims determinedly remembering how his eyes catches some of the glasses in the obituary light up during his run. Wooyoung rubs his arm as he feels cold shiver running through him from the sheer memory. When he finally calms down, Wooyoung step back into his bedroom and halts in his step when he sees the sofa Taecyeon always seat in. His mind automatically rewinding to what occur between him and his guardian. His face immediately reddened remembering how easily he was caught in the moment.

“Did I moan?” Wooyoung can’t help but wonder, completely forgotten that he was turn on from the kiss. He takes a towel to dry his face.

“Have I been so deprived of ual activities that I’m that easily swayed?” Wooyoung said not realizing he’s speaking out loud when a voice shock him.

“Easily swayed by what Woo?” Junho asks leaning at the doorframe of his room. Wooyoung looks confusedly at Junho. It was normal for them to walk into each other room like that since they used to share one, but Junho was here past his bedtime hour.

“Nuneo?” Wooyoung asks unsure as Junho walks in. He can hears Junho sighs as he takes the seat next to him.

“Nichkhun asks for me. He said you might be needing me.” Junho explains without being ask making Wooyoung frowns.

“But why?” Wooyoung asks. Junho shrugs.

“I wonder. You look totally fine to me.” Junho points out and Wooyoung nods.

“I am fine.” Wooyoung said confirming. Junho eyes him and catches the wet towel in Wooyoung’s hand.

“But if Nichkhun said to look for you, there must be something happening. Did something happen between you and him, Woo?” Junho asks silently assessing Wooyoung’s action. Wooyoung tenses at the question and his fading blush start blooming again.

“So, something did happen. It wasn’t bad if you’re blushing.” Junho points out knowingly. Wooyoung sighs. Junho doesn’t even need six sense to read him easily.

“Well, it wasn’t that bad…quite pleasant if I had to say…” Wooyoung whispers the last part, feeling quite shy to say it out loud, but Junho always have a keen ears.

“Pleasant? That intrigue me. Is it good?” Junho asks, voice fills with excitement. Wooyoung blushes harder.

“W…Wh…What’s good.” Wooyoung can’t help but stutter and Junho’s smile widen.

“The naughty thing.” Junho said making Wooyoung feels like he wants to hide somewhere in embarrassment. Wooyoung still can’t get used to Junho’s cunning ability to be so direct.

“W…Wh…Why do you assume…” Wooyoung tries to acts naturally when Junho squeeze his shoulder lightly.

“You’re not going to tell me what happen, aren’t you?” Junho asks and Wooyoung subtly nods. Junho sighs.

“Just go and splashes some cold water to your face. You’ve turned so red I’m afraid you’ll faint.” Junho instructs as Wooyoung silently stands up to walk to his bathroom.

“…and Woo, I’ll leave first since I don’t see any immediate danger coming to you. Besides, if you really are, I think there’s someone who’s more than willing to keep you safe.” Junho says suggestively with a wide smirk.

“Nuneo!!!” Wooyoung said almost screaming as he rushes to the toilet. Junho shake his head and chuckle seeing Wooyoung’s reaction.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………..

Minjun looks warily at the old house in front of him. Even when he was born in the Jang’s mansion and live all his life being in serve with the masters of the house, Minjun always dreaded the time when Nichkhun bring him to visit the house standing in front of him.

“Do you have to bring me all the time, Khun? You know you can rely on Chansung too.” Minjun can’t help but complain. He turns his head toward Nichkhun when he hears the man snickers.

“After all this year and you’re still afraid?” Nichkhun asks amused and Minjun frown.

“Of course I will. You know what’s in there. At least in the Jang’s mansion, beside the both of you, everyone else are living being.” Minjun points out making Nichkhun chuckles.

“This house was only visited once a year, of course it will attract the unwanted. Especially when I was born here.” Nichkhun said calm and Minjun frowns.

“Please Nichkhun, bring Chansung the next time you visit. He’ll be more than ready then.” Minjun suggest sincerely but Nichkhun simply blinks his eyes and stare at Minjun.

“…and if he faints? You know that you’re more manageable than him if I had to drag either of you.” Nichkhun states simply and Minjun can’t help but gives an exhausted sigh. This is the main reason that it was him every year. There are only two of them and even when Nichkhun and Taecyeon are not affected by time, they still have the capabilities of a human.

“Fine, let’s go inside.” Minjun said as he starts following Nichkhun. Nichkhun smiles wide.

“God! I really hate meeting the one guarding your mother’s chamber. Even the thought of it makes my hairs stand.” Minjun complains along the walks and Nichkhun burst out laughing.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………..

Like expected, when both of them enter the room, the white snake residing in there slither toward Minjun’s legs. The white snake moves upward, coiling around Minjun’s body and stop when its eyes are the same level with Minjun’s. Then the snake hiss and literally taste Minjun’s cheek. Minjun looks like he wants to cry and Nichkhun can’t help but look in amusement even when it happen every year.

“She really like you. She didn’t even bother showing herself when I came with your father before.” Nichkhun said making Minjun’s face contort in disgust.

“Yes Khun, I’m thrilled knowing that. Very thrill.” Minjun said with a fake smile as he looks at the snake which apparently staring at him.

“No my lady, I’m not kissing you on your lips and please, let me sit.” Minjun instructs sternly and the snake loosen its body around Minjun and enable him to sit down. Then the snake moves to hang its head on Minjun’s shoulder. Minjun sighs audibly.

“Please be fast Khun, I already start getting hives.” Minjun said with a scowl and Nichkhun can’t help but chuckle lightly.

“Fine…I’ll try making it short.” Nichkhun said as he turns to the altar where his father built specially for his late mother.

“Umma, I’m back.” Nichkhun whispers as he places his hand on the picture and a blinding light surrounding him, then he disappear into thin air.