Chapter 9

The loss hour

Wooyoung was getting ready to go out when he feels the wind blowing into his room.

“You’ve come Taec?” He said without looking at the visitors. Wooyoung turns around when he hears chuckles coming from the visitor. He raises one of his eyebrows in confusion.

“Are you that used to me coming out of sudden that you don’t even flinched anymore, Wooyoung?”  Taecyeon asks, hint of tease clear in his voice. Wooyoung rolls his eyes at the statement.

“Shouldn’t I thank you for that?” Wooyoung asks sarcastically making Taecyeon laughs. Wooyoung ends up pouting and ignore the man. He turns to do what he was doing before. Realizing Wooyoung’s silent treatment, Taecyeon stops and look at Wooyoung who seemingly busy choosing clothes.

“Going somewhere?” Taecyeon asks and Wooyoung nods eagerly.

“Can I come with you?” Taecyeon asks quite hopeful. Wooyoung turns around to look at him. His face looks unsure.

“I’ll love too. But, there’s some problem. I’m going out with someone. Can he feels you? If he can, will he be comfortable?” Wooyoung wonders out loud. He didn’t even realize that Taecyeon standing right in front of him. Wooyoung looks with shock when he feels some kind of force making him look upwards. He silently gulps when his eyes meet Taecyeon’s cold dark one. Taecyeon’s hand ghosting under his chin. Wooyoung feels shiver run all over his body.

“Who are you going out with, Wooyoung?” Taecyeon asks, word by word, voices dangerously low, his face harden. Wooyoung blinks confusedly.

“Nuneo.” Wooyoung answers short. He feels the heavy air surrounding them earlier disappear. Wooyoung looks curiously at Taecyeon displeased expression.

“I found it quit disturbing whenever you used that name to call your friend.” Taecyeon said truthfully and Wooyoung chuckle. He really didn’t expect his loner guardian to act like that.

“Now you understand what I feel when you call my ancestors ‘my beloved’.” Wooyoung points out and Taecyeon sighs. He shakes his head.

“It’s different Wooyoung. Using nickname carries some special meaning, special relationship. That’s what you all are to me. Special. The one that I love.” The last words is inaudible whisper. Wooyoung doesn’t look like he catches the last word. He was silent, looking like he was thinking of something. Then he smiles.

“Then, are you forgetting how I call you, Ok Taecyeon?” Wooyoung asks and that makes Taecyeon pauses. That’s when he realize, in his long life being next to the Jangs’, not once they have called him other than his full name. Taecyeon stares directly at Wooyoung’s black eyes.

“It is indeed special, isn’t it?” Wooyoung comments. It was like he can hears Taecyeon’s thought Wooyoung smiles widely.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………...

Nichkhun stares silently at the empty spot in front of him. He takes a deep breath. Earlier conversation between Minjun and Chansung that he accidentally heard bothers him greatly. He stares hard at the spot where Taecyeon usually leaning too.

“Junho told me that he’ll be spending some bonding time with Wooyoung, whatever that means.” Chansung voices explaining to Minjun echo in Nichkhun’s mind as he closes his eyes. He takes another deep breath.

“I guess you’ll be secretly following them, Taec…” Nichkhun thought silently. He knows there’ll be some possibility Taecyeon will do something unpleasant. Nichkhun can’t bear the risk of that happening. He can call his brother back, Nichkhun has the power to do so, but he decides against it. He knows what kind of hell Taecyeon will put him through if he do that. Nichkhun heaves a deep sigh.

“Just keep your promise my brother. I know you’re a man of your word.” Nichkhun can’t help but hope silently.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………..

“I’ve made a promise.” Taecyeon utters reminding himself as he watches silently how Wooyoung and Junho animatedly converse with each other. His face harden. Taecyeon feels like another veins pop when he sees Wooyoung beaming up and Junho proud look when he hand Wooyoung one cone of ice-cream. Junho is holding another one. Taecyeon shift his focus on Wooyoung and in instant all the anger he feels melt. Wooyoung looks so content making Taecyeon back up. The feeling of utter loss rising in him almost instantly.

“So, you like that thing, Wooyoung. I’m sorry I can’t enjoy it like you do.” Taecyeon whispers into the air as he starts to walk away. He was going to disappear when he hears a loud groan and Wooyoung loud laughter. Taecyeon smirks.

“Of course I won’t just let it slide like that.” Taecyeon comments to himself showing victorious smile when Junho keeps on complaining how his shirt is now dirty and sticky because some strong wind suddenly blow toward him.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………..

Nichkhun was a bit shock when he opens his eyes and see Taecyeon sitting in front of him. Nichkhun can’t help but blinks confusedly.

“Why are you looking at me like I have grown two head Khunnie?” Taecyeon asks calm making Nichkhun visibly frown.

“Taec? I thought…aren’t you…I’m not dreaming am I?” Nichkhun can’t find the right word to say and Taecyeon chuckle.

“I didn’t know that you stutter Khunnie.” Taecyeon comments making Nichkhun frowns harder.

“Stop teasing me.” Nichkhun said when he finally manage to compose himself. He keeps on staring at Taecyeon.

“What? Just say it already. Don’t stare like I’m a ghost.” Taecyeon said, irritation clear making Nichkhun scoff.

“Aren’t you really one, Taec?” Nichkhun counters and suddenly a book flying toward him. Nichkhun easily dodge the book.

“Stop making a mess in my room.” Nichkhun complains and Taecyeon rolls his eyes. Nichkhun turn serious again when Taecyeon keeps quiet.

“I thought you’re following Wooyoung.” Nichkhun said after a while.

“I did.” Taecyeon answers short.

“Then why are you here?” Nichkhun asks. That facts had been bothering him since he sees Taecyeon in the room.

“Aren’t you glad?” Taecyeon answers with a question.

“Should I lie or should I tell you the truth?” Nichkhun asks back. Taecyeon sighs.

“I’ve made a promise and I plan on keeping it, Nichkhun.” Taecyeon explains and Nichkhun smiles. He can guess the answer to his question.

“That’s nice to hear.” He comments and Taecyeon nods.

“The last thing I want to do is make him hate me.” Taecyeon said making Nichkhun smiles grow wider.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………..

Wooyoung just come back to his room only to find Taecyeon sitting on one of the chair.

“You know, the last time I check, this is my room. Not yours.” Wooyoung comments shocking Taecyeon from his thought. Taecyeon’s face change into that of guilt but smile back when he sees Wooyoung smiling warmly at him.

“Have you been waiting for me this whole time?” Wooyoung asks and Taecyeon nods.

“Oh, that’s sweet of you. I guess I’ll need to make Junho familiar with you so that next time you can come with us.” Wooyoung suggest happily. Taecyeon’s face lighten.

“Does it has to be the three of us?” Taecyeon asks, tone quite suggestive.

“Huh?” Wooyoung tilt his head innocently at the question, and Taecyeon shakes his head.

“It’s nothing.” Taecyeon assures.

“Can it just be the two of us?” He whispers silently. Wooyoung shrugged.

“You know, something funny happen.” Wooyoung said excitedly bringing back Taecyeon from his thought. Taecyeon looks at Wooyoung.

“Earlier, when we eat ice-cream, some strong wing blew toward us and the next thing we knew is that Junho’s ice-cream is all over his shirt. Oh, I really feels sorry for him, that being his favorite shirt and all, but I can’t keep myself from laughing. It was too funny and Junho can’t stop whining.” Wooyoung explains happily that some tears form on the edge of his eyes. Taecyeon smiles wide. He feels warm spreading all over his body since he’s the one making Wooyoung that happy.

“Oh Taec, I really wish you can eat some ice-cream with us.” Wooyoung stops and gives a soft smile at Taecyeon.

“How does it feels not to eat?” Wooyoung ask, turning serious out of sudden.

“I forgot how it feels. It’s been so long.” Taecyeon answers, voice light and calm. Wooyoung frowns.

“I’ll be crying my heart out if I no longer feel like I want to eat ice-cream.” Wooyoung comments innocently making Taecyeon chuckle.

“I was like that at first, you know. Losing all your sense of feel. How can I describe something like that? I feels so loss, so confuse.” Taecyeon confess and Wooyoung pouts.

“That sounds so hard.” Wooyoung comments and Taecyeon chuckles lightly.

“It is, but over time I grew out of it. It doesn’t bother me that much now.” Taecyeon said confidently and Wooyoung stares hard at him.

“Is it all because of the blood promise you and Nichkhun hyung made?”  Wooyoung asks earnestly and Taecyeon’s small smile was all the answer he needs.

“Does you ever regret it? You know choosing to be with us forever?” Wooyoung asks, his voice sound distant.

“No. Never. How could I?” Taecyeon said sternly making Wooyoung looks up at him. Taecyeon’s eyes fills with certainty.

“How could I ever regret the chance of meeting you?” Taecyeon thought looking hard at Wooyoung. Wooyoung smiles.

“We’re really lucky then, right?” He comments happily before getting up.

“I’m the lucky one.” Taecyeon whispers making Wooyoung blinks.

“Huh? What?” he said confusedly but Taecyeon just smile.

“Getting ready for bed?” Taecyeon asks instead when he sees Wooyoung pick up his towel.

“Yeah, I’ll have a quick shower then I’ll be off to dreamland. How can I not realize I’m actually exhausted?” Wooyoung mumbles to himself and Taecyeon simply shake his head at Wooyoung antics. He’s glad Wooyoung is back to his carefree self.

………………………………………………………………………………………………......

When Wooyoung comes out, he finds Taecyeon still at where he left him.

“Aren’t you tired of waiting for me?” Wooyoung asks as he search his wardrobe for some comfortable cloth.

“What’s a mere minutes when I have been waiting for decades, Wooyoung?” Taecyeon answers making Wooyoung turns looking at him with wide eyes.

“For someone that looks like you, you’re unbelievably cheesy.” Wooyoung points out making Taecyeon chuckles.

“I do live in the time when William wrote Romeo and Juliet.” Taecyeon comments casually and Wooyoung almost drop his jaws in shock.

“William? Shakespeare?  Are you that old?” Wooyoung ask disbelief and Taecyeon laugh harder.

“I do believe that Nichkhun had told you that look can fool.” Taecyeon reminds and Wooyoung scoffs.

“I better sleep. You’re making me dizzy.” Wooyoung complains. When he starts lying on the bed, Taecyeon gets ready to go.

“Are you going to sleep too?” Wooyoung asks stopping Taecyeon in his track.

“I don’t sleep Wooyoung.” Taecyeon points out and Wooyoung’s eyes immediately widen. He sits up from his lying position.

“Then are you just staring at me the whole time when we sleep together before?” Wooyoung asks looking horrified by the idea. Taecyeon blinks.

“Who gives you the idea that I’ll be staring at you the whole night when we sleep together?” Taecyeon asks sounding quite innocent, the tease in his voice barely audible. Wooyoung blushes beet red in instant.

“Just go away.” Wooyoung whine in embarrassment as he throw some pillows towards Taecyeon. Taecyeon simply smirks before he vanish into the night.