Chapter 3

The loss hour

Wooyoung lies in the cover with Junho next to him. They were used to that. Their shared apartment doesn’t really provide that much space. Wooyoung had told everything he knows to Junho except the fact that the man is an unknown being that resides in that house, which will eventually come to claim him. Because, as manly as Junho wants to be seen, he’s a more scaredy-cat compare to Wooyoung. Besides, the information was quite embarrassing. Not just that the being can be a ghost for all of it matter, it’s also a man. Even when male and male relationship was quite common and both Junho and Wooyoung swing that way, there’s no way he’ll ever tell.

“Hey Woo, do you think that the man have feeling for your mother?” Junho asks shocking Wooyoung.

“Urgh! I don’t really want to ponder about that. He was a bit too young for my mother right?” Wooyoung reminded with a groan.

“I know, but he seemed so heartbroken. The scene of his crying wrenches my heart.” Junho confess and Wooyoung nods in agreement. He does feel that intense emotion that day.

“Then what about Nichkhun? Do you think he has feeling for that man?” Wooyoung asks changing the subject. Junho seems deep in thought.

“Nah, I think he and that man was more like me and you.” Junho concludes making Wooyoung turns to stare confusedly at his best friend.

“Woo, even when I saw you so heartbroken last year was enough to make me feel like a useless bestfriend ever, imagine if I’m seeing you like that for years. Especially if I know you intentionally inflected those pains on yourself. I’m pretty sure I’ll behave pretty much like Nichkhun. Hell, I’ll search until the end of the world if I must the person that makes you like that.” Junho points out. Wooyoung stays silent because he can feel the true in Junho’s words. He remembers how much of a wreck he was and how devastated Junho was seeing him barely living. Wooyoung cringed because that’s how he is. Because of his gift, he tends to fall hard.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………..

The next morning, surprisingly Nichkhun comes looking for him. Wooyoung follows as Nichkhun brought him into a room. Minjun was already waiting for them at one of the chair.

“We’re going to talk about the inheritance in details today.” Minjun explains when he sees Wooyoung’s blank looks.

“Jang Wooyoung, as written in the will, this house including everything in it, the lands surrounding us as far as your eyes can sees and every asset in the name of Jang will legally be yours…” Minjun paused when Wooyoung suddenly speaks up.

“But…” Wooyoung said with expecting eyes. Minjun looks quite shock but Nichkhun calmly continues on.

“But there’s not everything to it.” Nichkhun speaks as he pulls out a familiar document. He opens the file and Wooyoung immediately aware of the dried blood spot on the paper.

“That’s the document I’ve signed before.” Wooyoung thought but Nichkhun shocked him with his voice.

“Yes, with a promise sealed with blood.” Wooyoung hears the voice loud and clear. He turns paler.

“Wooyoung, this is a serious matter.” Nichkhun speaks up but Wooyoung could only hear another whisper.

“The bloods bind him to you, like it is to your mother, and her mother before her.” Wooyoung feels like crying. The whispers were interlaced with huge burden.

“I’m sorry for doing this to you.” Wooyoung sees blurry image of Minjun apologizing to him as his eyes become teary.

“I can stop him, knock some sense into him, but that’s the limit of my power. It was you that’ll have the final say.” Nichkhun explains but Wooyoung could only hear the whispers echoing in his mind and he desperately wants to say no. His lips tremble when he sees Nichkhun close his eyes. That’s when a sudden wind blew into the room…and finally Wooyoung sees him standing right in front of a window. The light shone on him from outside make him looks transparent.

“My beloved…please…no…” Wooyoung was overwhelmed with sadness. He can feel the man begging him to stop. Wooyoung almost gasped for air when their eyes meet. He can sees himself a year ago flashes through the man’s eyes, a broken shell of a man which had been living like that for centuries. Wooyoung feels the intense pain wrenching his heart.

“This is too much…I can’t take this.” Wooyoung tries to refuse but snap out of it when he hears Minjun screams desperately.

“No, Wooyoung! Stop! Nichkhun will die.” Wooyoung gains his focus and sees Nichkhun lying lifelessly on the chair and he feels some sort of determination.

“If accepting this fate will stop all this madness, then I’ll take it.”  Wooyoung thought before he reaches for the letter opener on the table and clutch it tightly in his palm. Bloods dripping fast onto the document.

“By the name given to me as Jang Wooyoung, I’ll bind you to me by the bloods flowing in my veins, Ok Taecyeon.” Wooyoung speaks using the voice Nichkhun and the man used. He realizes that the man shed a tear and looking thankful at him when he’s done. Wooyoung feels Minjun relief but guilty filled sobs and once again everything turns black.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………..

When Nichkhun wakes up, he can’t help a strain tear from escaping and he palms his face.

“Wooyoung called him, didn’t he?” Nichkhun hears Minjun voice next to him. Nichkhun release a defeated sigh.

“They always did. I don’t know why I keep on trying.” Nichkhun confess.

Flashback…

Nichkhun was standing guard when Taecyeon walks in front of him.

“My lord…” He calls before waiting approval from Taecyeon to follows.

“You look tense my lord.” Nichkhun comments making Taecyeon grunts.

“Stop with the formalities Khun, you worsens my mood.” Taecyeon said making Nichkhun chuckles lightly.

“What makes you on edge Taec?” Nichkhun asks with a lighter tone. They were walking to Taecyeon’s chamber.

“Father decided that it was of my best interest that I marry the princess of the neighboring country.” Taecyeon explains as he walks toward the windows of his room staring at something at the yard or rather someone. Nichkhun’s face tightens. He recognizes the looks anywhere. Only one person able to make Ok Taecyeon sporting that looks and it was none other than Jang Sooyoung.

“Taec, you know that father wants the best for you.” Nichkhun reasons out. Taecyeon keep silent as he continues staring out of the window.

“I know Khun, but it’s not like I can help it.” Taecyeon said after a while as he takes the seat in front of Nichkhun. Nichkhun looks at Taecyeon with sorry expression.

“It is so wrong in many different ways Taec.” Nichkhun said and it was true. Jang Sooyoung was not even a maid; she’s a slave and a child out of wedlock at that. No matter how much Taecyeon hope and pray, a man of his credibility can’t be with a girl like her. Because Nichkhun knows, the king in no circumstance will allow something like that to happen and acceptance is always what Taecyeon strive for.

“Fate can play a cruel joke.” Taecyeon comments and Nichkhun lets out an empty chuckle.

“Someone will come and take her away eventually Taec, and there’s nothing you can do about it.” Nichkhun reminded and Taecyeon only manage to let out a defeated sigh.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………..

When Jang Sooyoung was taken away, Taecyeon is in wreck. However, he manages to conceal it from looking eyes safe for Nichkhun. Nichkhun can always read people easily like it was written plainly for him thanks to his mother long oracle bloodline and Nichkhun always knows Taecyeon the best because they share the same father. It is Taecyeon’s mother that makes their status different.

“I have news for you.” Nichkhun speaks up when Taecyeon enters his chamber. Nichkhun had heard how Jang Sooyoung new master had badly mistreated her and he doesn’t have the heart not to inform Taecyeon because he knows Taecyeon will blame himself his entire life if he doesn’t take any action. Taecyeon waits for Nichkhun silently to continue and Nichkhun takes a deep guilt ridden breath.

“She’s been and is now bearing the devil man child.” Nichkhun speaks of the dreadful news and Taecyeon’s face grimace in pain.

“I’ll help you even if you don’t want me too.” Nichkhun exclaims and when Taecyeon takes the man’s live, Nichkhun uses his gift to cover the deed.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………..

When the baby was born 7 months later, Jang Sooyoung names him Jang Dae Young.

“He’s my child, and only mine.” She exclaims and both Taecyeon and Nichkhun have no other words to say other than complete agreement. She passed away 2 weeks later due to severe infection in Taecyeon’s hold and it was raining heavily outside. Taecyeon takes the little boy in after that. Taecyeon cares for the boy like he was his own. The boy grows up to be a fine young man and when the boy age reaches 15, Nichkhun realized something was amiss with his brother. Ok Taecyeon fondness for Jang Dae Young was a bit out of place. Added with the fact Taecyeon manages to stay singles at the age of 33 in their time was not an easy feat. That prompts Nichkhun to face his brother.

“Taec…” Nichkhun begins but stop when Taecyeon holds out his hand.

“I know what you want to say Khun. That it is so wrong in all sorts of ways.” Taecyeon said making Nichkhun cringes. Because the pain was so evident in those voices Nichkhun can almost feel it. Nichkhun decides maybe this time he’ll turn a blind eye. Taecyeon can finally smiles from his heart. Nichkhun smiles in relief. It amazes Nichkhun. Despite the fact Taecyeon can never be with the person he long for, he is satisfied enough just to be close. However, the happiness was short live when Jang Dae Young fled with a young maiden and Nichkhun watches as Taecyeon finally breaks. Taecyeon was so furious, so much in despair and feeling so betrayed that he makes the live of all young maiden in his close proximity a living hell.

“It is not your nature to stoop this low Taec.” Nichkhun said one day. Taecyeon palms his face. Shame was evident in his feature.

“It feels like there’s a hole here Khun. Help me” Taecyeon said while rubbing the part where his heart is. Nichkhun feels really bad that he decides to search for young Dae Young. When Nichkhun found them only bad news reaches his ears. As when Nichkhun walks to where Taecyeon was waiting for him, Nichkhun can’t decide which was crueler. Telling him the truth or lie. Seeing Taecyeon’s expectant eyes, Nichkhun’s will break.

“I can’t keep this from him forever.” He thought.

“He’s dead Taec.” Nichkhun said slowly and the looks on Taecyeon’s face make Nichkhun regrets his decision immediately. Taecyeon locked himself in for days and when he finally walks out he shocked Nichkhun with his words.

“I want to meet his wife. Will you come with me Khun?” Taecyeon asks and Nichkhun immediately agrees. When they find the young maiden, they learn that she is with child. Jang Dae Young's child. That’s when Taecyeon pulls Nichkhun away.

“Khun, I have a favor to ask.” Taecyeon said and Nichkhun feels shiver ran through him because his instinct said whatever his brother going to ask, it won’t be good.

“Let me be with her.” Taecyeon said and Nichkhun feels the dreadful feeling consuming him.

“What do you mean?” Nichkhun asks unsure.

“Make it so that I can be with them forever.” Taecyeon said again and Nichkhun understands the gravity of the favor.

“You won’t be living Taec.” Nichkhun tries to persuade Taecyeon.

“Better than continuing on like this Khun.” Taecyeon refuses and Nichkhun knows that instant nothing will change Ok Taecyeon’s mind.

“Fine, I’ll do what you ask with one condition. Let me comes with you.” Nichkhun said making Taecyeon’s eyes widen.

“You don’t have to be entangle in this Khun…” Taecyeon said looking guilty only to be meet with Nichkhun’s firm expression.

“Ok Taecyeon…” Nichkhun said and Taecyeon can only nods. That’s when Nichkhun used the forbidden arts taught to him, binding their blood together damning them to what there are now.

End of flashback…

“…and I’ve been watching my own brother went through the vicious cycle over and over again.” Nichkhun thought as he sighs dejectedly.

“Khun, are you ok?”  Minjun asks worriedly and Nichkhun gives a small smile.

“I never thought that you love me so much hyung. You’re the one who stop Wooyoung right?” Nichkhun asks making Minjun scoffs.

“I’m just afraid that Channie will cry if anything happen to his most favourite hyung. Even imagining he cries making me shivers all over.” Minjun said with a frown. Nichkhun just chuckles seeing Minjun action.

“Just admit it that you love everyone around here hyung. Now please help me up.” Nichkhun said and Minjun scoffs before moving to help him. That’s when Chansung come in.

“Nichkhun hyung, Wooyoung is already conscious.” Chansung informs and Nichkhun smiles.

“Come on hyung, I have a lot of explaining to do.” Nichkhun said as he was led out by Minjun and Chansung follows behind them.

.....................................................................................................................

A/n: I hope this chapter won't be that weird or confusing.

hope you'll enjoy. ^-^

p/s: i think some OC were needed. ^-^