Chapter 14

The loss hour

Wooyoung was waiting for Taecyeon patiently that night with his arms crosses. It was his guardian habit to visit him every night before he sleep.  When finally Wooyoung feels the drop in temperature in his room he schools his expression to a scowl.

“You’re late.” Wooyoung said when Taecyeon finally materialize, completely see through.

“I know why you’re like this.” Wooyoung said stern eyeing the confuse Taecyeon.

“You’re becoming more transparent because you’ve been using your power. What exactly had you done, Taecyeon?” Wooyoung asks taking a seat directly in front of the transparent man. Taecyeon can feels the anger in Wooyoung’s voice.

“I’m sorry. But I don’t want to use yours…” Taecyeon trails off seeing Wooyoung’s deep frown.

“Afraid that I’ll get weaker or are you afraid that I’ll know that you’ve been threatening Junho?” Wooyoung finally burst. Wooyoung try hard to contain his anger since he understand Taecyeon means well, if he’s in Junho’s place, he’ll behave the same way. Having someone you can barely see threatening to harm you isn’t cool at all. But what makes Wooyoung angrier is the fact that Taecyeon don’t trust him about him and Junho’s relationship.

“Why are you making him afraid of you, Taec?” Wooyoung asks sounding so disappointed. Wooyoung really want Junho to be the first one to be at ease about his guardian. Taecyeon frowns. His face tighten.  Thunder can be heard from distance.

“Is. He. That. Important. To. You?” Taecyeon asks voice slows.

“Of course. He’s been with me for so long.” Wooyoung answers calmly but realize something was wrong when the temperature of his room drops more and he was force to rub his arm for some heat. Taecyeon was smirking before he left the room suddenly.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………..

Junho was trying hard to copy the scripture when an arms around his shoulder making him jolts. He turns around slowly knowing fully well the perpetrator. Junho drops his jaws seeing a full predatory smirk and shiningly dangerous eye looking at him.

“Nice to meet you, Lee Junho.” Taecyeon greets tilting his head, still keeping eyes contact with Junho. Junho literally shiver at how he can see those eyes and smirk clearly when he can see the book rack right through Taecyeon’s head.

“You’re playing dirty.” Taecyeon states calmly moving his hand so that his finger are right on top of Junho’s jugular vein. Nichkhun who was there from the beginning remains silent…looking slightly amused.

“You challenge me…saying that I can’t do no harm to you…” Taecyeon pauses as he put some pressure on his fingers making Junho breath turns shallow and faster.

“Think that again Lee Junho…you’re using my weakness against me…” Taecyeon change the press of finger to fingernails and he grips harder. Junho starts tearing up at the choking sensation. Nichkhun stares silently at Taecyeon’s eyes and caught the insecurities being mask in the anger. Nichkhun nods his head in understanding and Taecyeon immediately release Junho and disappear from the room. Finally getting supplies of airs, Junho caught in coughing fit. When he manages to regulate his breath, he looks judgingly at Nichkhun.

“Hyung, why are you not helping me?” Junho asks unsatisfied. Nichkhun smiles as he hand a handkerchief to Junho, signaling his neck. Junho’s eyes widen realizing the fact that he’s bleeding.

“He makes me bleed. Hyung, he could’ve killed me.” Junho complains and Nichkhun can’t help a smile from forming.

“If he really wants to, you won’t be talking to me right now, Junho.” Nichkhun states calmly and Junho realizes that his neck was just lightly scratch.

“Then, are you saying that you know he don’t really mean me any harm?” Junho asks and Nichkhun shrugs.

“I don’t know. He don’t really tell me everything in his mind.” Nichkhun answers plainly earning wide eyes from Junho.

“Hyung, what if he really wants to kill me?” Junho asks in horror. Nichkhun seems deep in thought at the question.

“I guess I’ll stop him before it’s too late?” Nichkhun answers sounding unsure and Junho’s jaw drop again. Seeing Junho’s reaction, Nichkhun burst out laughing.

“I’m sorry that I tease you, Junho. But remember this, he’s my brother and I know him better than anyone in this mansion. If he means any harm on you or anyone, I can feel it way before he put his arm on your shoulder. Besides, he won’t dare do anything bad in front of me. Even if he is, I won’t let anything happen to you.” Nichkhun explains properly.

“Then you let something like that happen just for your amusement? Wah, you’re unbelievable hyung.” Junho comments while shaking his head and Nichkhun laugh louder. Junho sigh.

“I’ll excuse myself. There’s too much shock I can take for one day. Excuse me.” Junho said as he tidied up and walks away. When Junho was far away, Taecyeon finally materialize in the room again.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………

Nichkhun waits patiently for Taecyeon to calm down. He watches and it seems like his brother has a lot going on in his mind.

“You’re flickering.” Nichkhun said, finally breaking the silence. Taecyeon looks at his hand for a while before looking downward.

“Is Woo shutting you out?” Nichkhun asks and Taecyeon silently looks up. He remains quiet.

“I don’t think so. When Sooyoung shut you off before, I can barely hear your whisper. But now, you’re still maintaining your physique. What happen exactly Taec?” Nichkhun asks calm, maintaining the solo conversation like it was nothing.

“He’s angry.” Taecyeon finally speaks up after a long while.

“Who? Woo?” Nichkhun reply.

“He’s really angry.” Taecyeon repeats.

“Of course he will. You threatened his best friend.” Nichkhun reminds casually.  Taecyeon frowns for a while before casting his gaze down again.

“Best friend…that’s why he choose him over me.” Taecyeon mumbles and Nichkhun shook his head. He sighs.

“That’s what bothering you? Why are you making him choose?” Nichkhun asks. Taecyeon stares at his brother. Silent, but clearly demanding answer.

“Why are you making him choose? Why can’t Wooyoung have Junho as his best friend and you as his guardian at the same time? Besides, did Woo really choose Junho?” Nichkhun asks wondering. Taecyeon choose to stay silent. Nichkhun sighs again.

“Just go and ask him to help. Seeing you flickering like an old lamp making me dizzy. I guess I’m really getting old.” Nichkhun said before he leave Taecyeon alone.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………

Junho walks down to the kitchen when he catches Wooyoung stuffing himself with ice-cream. He sit next to his best-friend.

“All of that dancing will be useless if you keep this up, Woo.” Junho said catching Wooyoung’s attention. Wooyoung looks at Junho with puppy eyes and pout.

“Nuneo…” Wooyoung whines.

“Wae?” Junho answers waiting.

“I don’t mean to get mad.” Wooyoung said and Junho pats his arm slowly.

“I was so worried. He’s just a mirage.” Wooyoung continues and Junho nods. He remembered earlier incident.

“That’s why…” Junho unconsciously speaks out loud. Wooyoung immediately sits upright.

“Did he come threatening you again?” Wooyoung asks, worries lacing his voice.

“He’s not threatening, based on what Khun hyung said.” Junho answers making Wooyoung frowns in confusion.

“He scares the out of me…but Nichkhun was there and he remains seated. So, I guess I’m not in danger.” Junho explains what happen and Wooyoung frowns deeper. He ruffles his already messy hair.

“I don’t understand it. Why would he acts like that with you? He just do childish pranks with Chansung.” Wooyoung complains as he takes another spoonful of ice-cream. Junho rolls his eyes. How can he forget that Wooyoung is clueless when it involves jealousy? Junho sighs.

“You told me that what he needs the most is your acceptance.” Junho said and Wooyoung looks at him.

“Of course…and I already accept him.” Wooyoung claims confidently. Junho scratch his head.

“It doesn’t work that way Woo. From what I learn as the job description, you, your bloodline is his life force. That means you’re the reason he’s alive. So Woo, from what I see, you are his all. You’re the center of his affection, his want, his need, more than the oxygen itself. Of course when you accept him, he want to be your all too.” Junho explains and Wooyoung stops eating. He seems deep in thought.

“My all?” Wooyoung whispers trying to contemplate what it means when Junho continues.

“You know why he pranks Chansung? Because Chansung caught your attention. That you was drooling over Chansung when you have him…” Junho paused for a while. He looks at Wooyoung excitedly.

“Talking about that, your guardian seems quite tough. There must me something yummy under all those layers. Woo, can’t you…I don’t know…undress him or something? Why must he wears a suit all the time by the way? What a waste.” Junho comments making Wooyoung blushes furiously. He immediately recalled the time when Taecyeon offers himself to be ogle over. Wooyoung’s face turns a shade darker.

“You’re blushing! What are you fantasizing about Woo? Come on, share with me.” Junho nudge him and Wooyoung can’t help but cover his face. He takes several deep breath before turning back to Junho who waits for him with a smirk.

“Stop teasing me, you ert. Ok, I’ll acknowledge about Chansung, but why is he threatening you? I’m most definitely not having any ual fantasies with you.” Wooyoung said making Junho’s smirk grow wider.

“So, are you saying that you’re having ual fantasies about Chansung?” Junho teased and Wooyoung frowns.

“Lee Junho!!!” He warns and Junho chuckles.

“Ok, ok I’ll be serious. When you heard that he threaten me, you never listen to my explanation and just rush to find him right? Did you know why he threaten me in the first place?” Junho asks and Wooyoung shakes his head.

“He hates me suggesting idea to you, which makes you turn away from him, giving you the possibilities of furthering your relationship with him…” Junho paused when Wooyoung cuts him.

“But he threaten you Nuneo…and he threatened you again. How can I not getting worried?” Wooyoung asks.

“You was mad at him. Woo, forgive me for saying this, but you was like that too before. When Jay…” Junho paused seeing Wooyoung widens his eyes. Junho takes a deep breath.

“You lost your reason at that time… he was just like that, acting like you did, like a jealous lover…” Junho stops and he gulps when Wooyoung remains quiet. Wooyoung closes his eyes as flashes of memories of that time flooded his mind. Of course, he remembers it very well. The insecure feeling you get when you feel like you wasn’t loved back was horrible. Wooyoung don’t even realize tears dripping from his eyes.

“But Nuneo, we’re not in that kind of relationship.” Wooyoung said. Junho nods in agreement.

“I know, but that’s what you feel. What about him? What does he feel about you?” Junho asks making Wooyoung frowns again.

“Do you remember what he used to call you?” Junho asks again and like the first time Wooyoung step foot into the mansion, he hears the same whisper.

“You’re finally here, my beloved.” Wooyoung looks at Junho. Guilt fill his face. Junho smiles as assurance.

“Go look for him. The last time I saw him, he was flickering like our old light bulb.” Junho just manages to finish his sentences when Wooyoung already disappear. Junho chuckles lightly.

“…and you said that you’re not in that kind of relationship…Woo…Woo…I wonder if I can learn something from Khun hyung to cure that sickness of yours.” Junho mumbles as he proceeds to his room.

........................................................................................................

A/n: I was gone for so long... i'm sorry T-T

i hope you can forgive me with the double update. ^-^