Chapter 12

The loss hour

Wooyoung is lying on his bed, staring at the ceiling when Taecyeon materialize.

“Having trouble sleeping?” Taecyeon asks sitting at the chair at the end of the bed. Wooyoung simply hums as answer.

“Why?” Taecyeon asks curious.

“I’ve been thinking.” Wooyoung answers short. Taecyeon chuckles.

“About me?” He asks teasing, making Wooyoung immediately sits up from his lying position. A blush prominent on his face.

“Why would I be thinking about you?” Wooyoung answers, obviously flustered by the question. Taecyeon playfully pout.

“That’s sad. I’ve been thinking about you all the time.” Taecyeon confess making Wooyoung immediately look away.

“Why would you be thinking about me?” Wooyoung mumbles in embarrassment. Taecyeon smiles widen.

“Then, should I not be thinking about you? Should I think off someone else?” Taecyeon keeps on teasing. Wooyoung looks directly at Taecyeon for a while before turning away once again.  Taecyeon then realizes that Wooyoung is pouting.

“It’s your choice. You can think about anyone you want too.” Wooyoung mumbles weakly and Taecyeon tries his best to hold his chuckle.

“But I want to think about you. Can I?” Taecyeon said making Wooyoung stares at him directly. Taecyeon sincerely smiles at him. Wooyoung immediately lie down and cover himself in blanket.

“Go away. I want to sleep.” Wooyoung says, almost inaudible due to the blanket. Taecyeon stands up.

“Can’t I stay?” Taecyeon asks still smiling wide, realizing Wooyoung is just feeling shy.

“Taec, please…” Wooyoung answers softly and Taecyeon chuckles a bit and shook his head.

“I’ll come when you need me.” Taecyeon said before he vanishes. Wooyoung closes his eyes tightly.

“Seriously, I won’t be able to sleep if he stays. My heart keep beating so fast it feel like it’ll jump out of my chest anytime.” Wooyoung complains, pouting as he rubs his chest to calm down his erratic beating heart.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………..

Wooyoung sighs deeply when he enters the room. He then turns to look at Junho. Wooyoung can’t believe how Junho manages to persuade him to go to the gym. Wooyoung loves working out, it just he don’t fancy working out in the gym that much.

“Nuneo, have you been learning anything from Nichkhun hyung? Some persuasion magic or anything?” Wooyoung asks accusing making Junho chuckle.

“I wish I had, but unfortunately no. Besides, would it really work on someone like you?” Junho said obviously knowing something. Wooyoung scoffs.

“You’ve been learning.” Wooyoung comments casually since Junho makes it clear that Nichkhun had taught him something to be able to cope.

“Then, how is it possible that you’re able to drag me here?” Wooyoung asks curious, a little unsatisfied with the turns of event. Junho chuckles again.

“Because you love me?” Junho answers jokingly making Wooyoung sighs. He’s not going to argue with that. Junho is right. Junho really knows what button to push when it comes to him. Wooyoung scratches his forehead.

“Tell me, why are we here again?” Wooyoung asks instead. Junho looks at him in shocks.

“Seriously Woo, what have you been doing? I told you that I need to buff up.” Junho reminded making Wooyoung frowns automatically.

“…and why do you need that in the first place?” Wooyoung asks confuse. Junho can’t help but shook his head.

“I wonder what you’ve been hearing when I talk to you earlier. Seriously Woo…try to pay some attention. I told you I’m going to apply for the guard position. Wooyoung keeps frowning.

“That’s what I’m asking. Why are you trying to be a guard?” Wooyoung rephrase his question. Junho then smiles wide.

“To protect you, of course.” He answers as a matter of fact making Wooyoung blush.

“I really don’t expect that answer. Thanks, I guess.” Wooyoung said awkwardly making Junho scoffs.

“It always amazed me how you’re able to blush by the simplest thing. Come on Woo, let’s get started.” Junho said making Wooyoung widen his eyes in shock.

“Ehh, do I have to buff up too?” Wooyoung asks, clearly reluctant to do so.

“What are you saying Woo? Or course you need too. You should be able to protect yourself, don’t you?” Junho said calmly, dragging Wooyoung to one of the machines.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………

Wooyoung was taking a breath after a rigorous exercise when Chansung comes in, wearing only a wife beater, sweating and panting from his run. Wooyoung can’t help but ogling at the lean body of his bodyguard. Junho sneakily takes a sit next to Wooyoung when he realizes Wooyoung was staring.

“Woo, stop it. You’re being too obvious.” Junho whispers, shocking Wooyoung making the man blush.

“It’s amazing right?” Junho comments as they silently watch Chansung with the corner of their eyes, drinking water from his bottle. They were silent for a while when Wooyoung turns to look at Junho and realizes how Junho looks at Chansung in admiration. Wooyoung then realizes Junho true intention coming to the gym.

“Nuneo, don’t tell me…the main reason you come here is because…’ Wooyoung paused when he sees Junho’s growing smirk.

“It wasn’t like we’ll lose anything from it, right?” Junho claims innocently and Wooyoung can’t help but look at Junho incredulously.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………..

Nichkhun stops reading when he hears Junho giggling to himself again. He looks up toward Junho and see that Junho is still focusing on his work.

“You seems happy?” Nichkhun asks, catching Junho attention. Junho looks up at Nichkhun and smiles wide.

“I keep on remembering how Wooyoung looks at me yesterday. It was hilarious.” Junho said, giggling once again. Nichkhun looks confusedly at Junho with raised brows. Knowingly, Junho explains in detail.

“Yesterday, we went to the gym for work out. Woo was taking some rest when suddenly Chansung walks in, sweating and all. You see, both me and Wooyoung has this sort of admiration at muscular body, since both of us need extra works to develop some muscles. Wooyoung was practically ogling at Chansung. But what cracks me up is when he realizes the main reason I drag him there is because of the eye-candy.” Junho explains excitedly. Nichkhun smiles, but he can’t help eyeing the spot where Taecyeon usually stands. Nichkhun gulps in worries.

“Junho, don’t mind me asking…but do anyone know about this? You haven’t told any other soul right?” Nichkhun asks cautiously making Junho frowns.

“No, only both of us and you know about this.” Junho answers confidently. Nichkhun almost sigh in relief, almost when Junho suddenly speaks up.

“But, we do bicker about it when we walk out of the gym. Wooyoung feels so embarrassed about it and I can’t help not teasing him.” Junho explains making Nichkhun looks at him in alarm.

“That’s why you’re not here today, Taec.” Nichkhun thought eyeing the spot once again. He then reaches for his phone to call Minjun. The phone is picks up in second.

“Hello?” Minjun asks from the other end.

“Hyung, I need you to help Chansung.” Nichkhun speaks directly to the point.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………

Chansung sighs as he sits down for a while watching the family’s driver struggling with the car’s engine. Chansung wipes his sweat.it was him struggling with that thing just 5 minutes earlier. Chansung uncaps his bottle to drink some water.

“I’ve been so unlucky today.” Chansung mumbles as he recalls what had happen to him since morning. He woke up that morning almost falling to the floor, face first since he almost slip due to the water pooling on his flor. It was normal for Chansung since that happen every time he forget to close the windows on rainy night before he sleep. He just can’t recall whether it was raining or not last night. Then, he proceeds to get ready for work when he found all of his good clothes are in the laundry basket. Once again Chansung don’t think much about it since he was busy these few days. He don’t have time to do laundry. Chansung sighs as he stands up from where he sits and pull down his pant. He grunts.

“This is what I get for being lazy. This pant keeps going up its annoying.” Chansung complains as he walks to go help the car’s driver once again.

“This car is getting old.” Chansung points out since the car air-conditioning stop working not long after they start their journey and now the car stop and refuse to start up.

“I’m really tempted to complain.” Chansung said to his driver and looks sadly at his dark phone’s screen. He sighs. He only realizes that he forgot his wallet and his phone’s battery only left 15% when he’s already halfway on the road. Chansung stares at his now dead phone.

“I’m pretty sure I charged this last night.” Chansung ponders.

“I’m getting forgetful. Maybe I should ask Khun hyung for some concoctions.” Chansung mumbles as he bent down to continue repairing the car. That’s when the car’s driver hand Chansung a phone.

“Sir, there’s a call for you.” The driver says politely with a bow. Chansung takes the phone and answer it.

“Hello?” Chansung said and he can hears some panting coming from the other end.

“Chansung, where are you?” Minjun asks while running to the car.

“On the road going to the mansion. Why hyung?” Chansung asks feeling confuse hearing Minjun such in a rush like that.

“Stay there. I’ll come and pick you up.” Minjun said from the other line from disconnecting the call.

“Ok.” Chansung only manage a short answer since Minjun suddenly hangs up.

“That’s weird. What makes Minjun hyung so nervous?” Chansung wonders and silently waits for Minjun’s arrival.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………..

Nichkhun was watching outside from his window when the curtain next to him was blown inside.

“Have enough fun?” Nichkhun asks, still looking outside when he hears chuckle. He sighs when he feels some present next to him.

“I don’t hurt him if that what’s you’re worried about.” Taecyeon said as he leans next to Nichkhun. He’s completely transparent right now. Nichkhun sighs when he sees Taecyeon’s state.

“I know. Minjun hyung would already call if something happen.” Nichkhun said simply. Taecyeon nods.

“Why are you calling him hyung by the way? You’re definitely older from anyone in this house.” Taecyeon asks wondering. Nichkhun scoffs.

“You know that not everyone aware of that.” Nichkhun reminded and Taecyeon nods again.

“Aah…pretend play…it totally don’t cross my mind.” Taecyeon comments. Nichkhun gives him a skeptic look.

“…and what about you? What kind of pranks had you done to Chansung?” Nichkhun asks knowingly. Taecyeon chuckles.

“Nothing much, water on his bedroom floor, rummaging his wardrobe, leaked the air-conditioning tube and water in his car’s radiator…” Taecyeon recall as he count his mischief making Nichkhun scoffs again.

“You’re so childish…and what about Wooyoung? Has he receive his punishment yet?” Nichkhun asks calm knowing fully well his younger brother’s agenda.

“As long as he’s not hurting anyone, I’m ok with it.” Nichkhun thought as Taecyeon seems deep in thought.

“Wouldn’t he mind?” Taecyeon asks unsure. Nichkhun looks at him confusedly.

“He must know something was off when he sees me like this.” Taecyeon said showing his transparent hand. Nichkhun rolls his eyes.

“That’s what you get for not thinking.” Nichkhun comments simply, leaving Taecyeon alone. Taecyeon can’t help but grunts in despair.

.............................................................................................................

a/n: i'm trying my best to update fast, but i really need to squeeze time for this, so i'll hope all of you will wait for this story patiently. ^-^