Chapter 11

The loss hour

“How can I not, Wooyoung?” Taecyeon asks, the pain constricting his heart. That’s the reality that he face. He never been able to hold any of them. The one and only is Jang Sooyoung, and his first time is the last time. Wooyoung feels bad almost immediately.

“How can I be so selfish?” Wooyoung thought. He then bite his lips until he can feels iron seeping into his mouth. Wooyoung closes his eyes when he finally feels the warm coming from Taecyeon’s hand hovering over his cheek. Realizing that, Taecyeon’s eyes widen, surprise is all over his feature.

“What have you done, Wooyoung?” Taecyeon asks sounding worries as he tries to scan Wooyoung all over looking for any injuries making Wooyoung smiles with the act. Little that Wooyoung know, small amount of bloods drop to his chin.

“It’s nice to know that you care about me too.” Wooyoung said smiling wide. Taecyeon stops and shook his head.

“Of course I do. You’re important to me. What makes you think otherwise?” Taecyeon said, hand ghosting over the drops of bloods, trying to wipe it. That’s when Wooyoung finally realize that he’s bleeding.

“Man, this will hurt a lot when I eat ice-cream.” Wooyoung complains as he wipe the blood with his hand. Taecyeon chuckles.

“You’re worried that you can’t eat ice-cream more than the fact that you’re bleeding?” Taecyeon said amuse making Wooyoung looks away with a pout and a slight blush.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………

Wooyoung winces again when Junho tries to apply cream on his lips.

“Nuneo… please…softer.” Wooyoung whines. Junho rolls his eyes.

“Why do you bite your lips in the first place, Woo?” Wooyoung remains silent. He looks at Junho with puppy eyes.

“Not going to tell me?” Junho asks and Wooyoung nods his head. Junho sighs.

“Then stop complaining. Or else, I’ll force you to tell me.” Junho said calm making Wooyoung pouts. They’re completely focus on what they’re doing that they don’t realize someone materialize in the room.

“Should I kiss you?” A voices asks, stopping Wooyoung and Junho conversation and Junho immediately tense up. Wooyoung looks around. He stops when his eyes catches Taecyeon smiling wide at him, looking at him innocently. Wooyoung can’t help the blush that start spreading at his face with the sudden suggestion. Junho, on the other hand pack up everything in a rush.

“Woo, I need to go.” Junho excuse himself and almost run out of the room. Wooyoung feels confuse but widen his eyes when he realizes something.

“Taec, what are you doing? You know that Junho can see you right?” Wooyoung asks in concern. Taecyeon looks indifferent.

“He probably can hear me too.” Taecyeon said calmly making Wooyoung turns pale.

“Taec!!! Imagine the horror Junho feels.” Wooyoung said, clearly worried about Junho. He was going to look for Junho when Taecyeon stop him in his track.

“Wooyoung, sooner or later Junho has to face it. I’ll always be beside you. I’m not going anywhere. Let Nichkhun handle him. We have more urgent matter at hand.” Taecyeon said as he stands directly in front of Wooyoung. Thumb ghosting over Wooyoung’s chapped lips. Wooyoung blinks innocently.

“What’s so urgent?” Wooyoung asks confusedly and he swear he sees Taecyeon smirk. Taecyeon eyes Wooyoung’s lips for a while before looking directly at Wooyoung.

“You’re injured. I should tend to your injuries.” Taecyeon said and Wooyoung tilts his head in confusion.

“Oh, about that…Junho…” Wooyoung stops suddenly when Taecyeon leans in and kiss him. Wooyoung eyes widen. It feels weird. Taecyeon, in his current state, people can walk easily through him, without feeling the slightest thing, but somehow Wooyoung feels something moist and warm planted on his lips. He winces when a slick muscle move on the injured part of his lips and starts . Wooyoung was beet red when Taecyeon pull away.

“Now, that’s better.” Taecyeon comments sounding satisfied making Wooyoung pouts.

“What do you think you’re doing?” Wooyoung asks trying hard to sound angry but Taecyeon only hears him whining.

“Kissing you?” Taecyeon answers as a matter of fact and Wooyoung believe he can’t get any redder than he already is. He is also very sure that someone can cook an egg on his heated face.

“That’s what I’m asking. Why are you kissing me?” Wooyoung asks embarrassed, no longer bother pretending to be angry.

“Do you mean I can’t? Or I shouldn’t?” Taecyeon asks quite oblivious making Wooyoung frustrated.

“That’s not what I mean.” Wooyoung was mumbling now making Taecyeon leans closer toward Wooyoung.

“Then what is it Wooyoung? What’s bothering you?” Taecyeon asks so low its almost sound like a whisper. Wooyoung looks away.

“It’s not a big deal for him.” Wooyoung thought but then he realize something.

“It’s not a big deal…” he mumbles then looks at Taecyeon who watches him clueless.

“Have you done this before?” Wooyoung asks sounding displease out of sudden. That confuses Taecyeon more when Wooyoung asks again.

“Have you done this to everyone else?” Wooyoung sounds angry now. Taecyeon frowns in confusion.

“Why are you so angry out of sudden?” Taecyeon asks. Wooyoung was now glaring at him. Wooyoung don’t know why, but he hate the fact that he’s just another one out of many.

“Tell me, am I not your first?” Wooyoung asks, still angry and that’s when Taecyeon realize it. He looks at Wooyoung, staring at him with hurt expression. Taecyeon closes his eyes and sighs. The familiar feeling of emptiness envelops him. Taecyeon then stares at Wooyoung silently, contemplating whether it is his right to ask Wooyoung anything, but seeing the looks of betrayal portray on Wooyoung’s face, Taecyeon breaks his resolve.

“Am I your first?” Taecyeon asks knowing very well that he’s not, that he might hurt Wooyoung’s feeling doing it. Wooyoung demeanor totally change after Taecyeon asks that question. He then realize what he has done. Wooyoung lower his gaze.

“Taec…I’m…” Wooyoung mumbles slowly. Guilt consuming him and then he feels Taecyeon’s warm touch hovering over his chin before forcing him to look up again. Taecyeon leans in, their nose touching and then Taecyeon disappear. Wooyoung was quite confuse but then he hears a small whisper carried by the wind.

“I never had the occasion too…” Unknowingly Wooyoung smiles.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………..

Junho watches silently as Nichkhun tries to settle his tasks. Junho has been wondering since the first day he and Wooyoung arrives at the mansion. He’s aware that everyone in the mansion treat Wooyoung like a master and they treat Nichkhun pretty much like Wooyoung. When Junho confront Chansung about his recent horror episode, Chansung refer him to Nichkhun. Junho was intrigued to know who Nichkhun really is.

“I’m just a normal person.” Nichkhun says out of sudden, flashing a smile when he’s done making Junho frowns.

“How?” Junho wants to ask because it seems like Nichkhun can hear his thought but Nichkhun speaks up.

“Are you ready to tell me your problem?” Nichkhun asks calm, looking directly at Junho and Junho can’t help but frown.

“Hyung, how old are you exactly?” Junho asks instead and Nichkhun smiles wider. Junho can’t help it. He can’t shake the feeling that Nichkhun knows more than what his age provided. It seems like the time stop for Nichkhun.

“I’m old enough.” Nichkhun answers simply, entertaining Junho curiosity.

“I’ve been wondering…” Junho speaks but Nichkhun cuts him again.

“You’re quite special.” Nichkhun answers still smiling. Junho stares confusedly making Nichkhun chuckles.

“You can see and hear him. That’s a rare trait.” Nichkhun comments amused making Junho frowns.

“I don’t see that as good hyung.” Junho complains and Nichkhun nods.

“It’s not that bad. You’ll get used to him. It wasn’t like he’s got a hole for an eye or a mouth dripping with blood.” Nichkhun states calmly making Junho scoffs.

“Are you sure you’re not trying to scare me hyung?” Junho asks unsure making Nichkhun chuckles again. Junho can’t help but give a small relief smile.

“If I see it that way, it wasn’t that scary anymore.” Junho confess. Nichkhun smiles in relief too.

“Who is he hyung?” Junho asks after he’s able to calm down. Nichkhun stares at Junho for a while before answering.

“Taecyeon, my brother.” Nichkhun answers and not long after Taecyeon materialize in the room. Junho tenses like before but once he catches how lost the look in the man face, Junho feels the sudden emotional rush. Suddenly his tears drop. Nichkhun gasps and clutches his chest.

“Taec…what happen?” Nichkhun asks quite breathless. Taecyeon stays quiet as he walks toward Nichkhun’s table. Junho keeps on wiping his streaming tears.

“Khun...” Taecyeon whispers and Nichkhun looks worriedly at Taecyeon and then Junho. Junho, please…leave.” Nichkhun begs and Junho immediately rushes out of the room.

Khun…” Taecyeon calls Nichkhun again and Nichkhun stands from where he’s sitting so that he’s face-to-face with now kneeling Taecyeon.

“Yes…” Nichkhun answers and Taecyeon hugs him. Taecyeon was all flesh when they touch.

“Can I hope again? Can I?” Taecyeon asks almost pleading and Nichkhun hugs him tighter.

“Go on.” Nichkhun answers before he passed out.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………

Junho runs until he found Wooyoung. Wooyoung just hugs back when Junho comes to him. When Junho calms down Wooyoung take him to someplace more secure.

“Feeling better?” Wooyoung asks when he sees Junho finally able to look up at him.

“Are you saying that you’ve been feeling like this since the first day we come here?” Junho asks knowing that Wooyoung can understand him pretty much like Nichkhun.

“The first few days I keep on fainting remember?” Wooyoung reminds Junho and Junho nods.

“I feel better now.” Wooyoung assured and Junho smiles in relief. He stares at Wooyoung, watches Wooyoung’s chapped lips.

“Is he connected to you by blood?” Junho asks still eyeing Wooyoung injured lips. Wooyoung stays silent. Junho sighs.

“How much will he needs?” Junho asks and Wooyoung shrugged. Junho sighs deeper.

‘Can’t Nichkhun hyung help him?” Junho keeps asking despite Wooyoung’s silent.

“Only momentarily.” Wooyoung finally answers. Junho looks at Wooyoung questioningly.

“The one that he wants is my ancestors, my descendants, me…” Wooyoung almost whispers the last part. But Junho still hears him.

“Do you want it?” Junho asks and Wooyoung’s eyes widen since no one really asks him that.

“I don’t at first. It’s a burden, almost like a curse. But…” Wooyoung pause. He looks at Junho. Junho waits patiently.

“Now I…I don’t know. It’s complicated.” Wooyoung said and Junho grabs Wooyoung’s shoulder, forcing Wooyoung to look directly at him.

“I’m asking you, what do YOU feel?” Junho asks, emphasizing the word you.

“Nuneo, I…” Wooyoung paused again. Junho sighs.

“You like him don’t you?” Junho asks making Wooyoung immediately looks away. They stay silent for a while when Wooyoung speaks up again.

“You know what’s bothering me? The fact that if I’m married and have kids, then he…” Wooyoung stops. He looks at Junho, eyes glassy.

“I don’t even want to imagine that possibility.” Wooyoung confess. Junho nods understanding. Since he’ll be working with the family, Chansung had been briefing him about the family history, an unknown guardian that will be inherit by the head of the family every generation. Junho sighs.

“Then fight for it Woo. There must be a way to put an end to it.” Junho said, voice fill with determination and Wooyoung can’t help but smile. He feels assured.