Five Years After

Arrange Marriage : by Toronto

 

 

Flashback: 


As years pass by, Kim and Gerald haven’t really spent time together. They’re not even friends. Gerald spends his time in the US where He continued his study. Kim knows Gerald through pictures every time she come and visits the Anderson’s grandparent which lives in the Anderson’s Hacienda next to the Chiu’s Hacienda.

 

Kim grow-up and spend her Elementary & High school in the private school in the City but always manage to go home and spend time with her Lolo Luis. Since most of the Chiu’s siblings are now in the US, continuing there Master’s Degree, as the youngest among the Chiu’s she left to keep her Lolo happy as always.

 

For all those years, Ken Anderson, the younger brother of Gerald, become close to Kim. Ken always comes and visits the Chiu’s every time He is in the Hacienda and always hang-out with Kim. Everyone think that Ken Anderson & Kim Chiu are together. Ken is 2 years younger than Kim.

 

Ken Anderson always spends time with Kim for the reason that Ken likes Brenda (Kim’s best friend) and always asks Kim’s help. Brenda on the other hand, doesn’t have any interest with Ken, she think Ken is so immature, and a big time player ng bayan. But really He’s not and only Kim knows that. Ken bad reputation is all just act, the truth is Ken is so shy and turpi towards girls.

 

Present Time: Ken and Kim are seating in the Terrace while playing PSP in the Chiu’s Mansion.

 

Ken: Kimmy, guess what, big Bro is coming home.

 

Kim: who?

 

Ken: Gerald my big brother.

 

Kim: Oh yah….it’s been a while and I almost forget that you have a big brother. Did he ask to go home? Gusto ba n’ya talaga? The last time I had a conversation with Lolo Daddy, Gerald enjoy the western life. Siguro masyado na s’yang American kung gumalaw like he’s way of life, like liberated. He might not like it here and won’t stay long.

 

Ken: I don’t think so. I know my brother, kahit nag enjoy s’ya sa States, I know He prefer to be home with us. He misses home so much lalo na si Mommy & Lolo Daddy. He’s Lolo’s pet after all. And liberated I’m not sure. I know when it comes to girls, he still like Filipina, like the one who grow up here. Mga Filipina sa states, masyadong iba, masyadong liberated and I know ayaw n’ya ng ganon.

 

Kim: Talaga? So, is He staying in here, in Hacienda or in the City?

 

Ken: Maybe both….like me …and you. School in the City, weekend in Hacienda. Lalo na big Bro is now 16, slowly he needs to learn the business.

 

Kim: Ken, how’s your brother?

 

Ken: He is ok

 

Kim: No I mean how is He like? I don’t know your brother that much. I haven’t spent time with him. Unlike us, we are always together; we play all the time since we are small. Gerald spends most of his younger days in the states. I only see him twice when I spend summer in US, but it was just a quick hi and hello. I think I was 10 years old then. That time I found him so serious and miserable all the time. Masyadong seryoso, which I don’t care kasi hindi naman s’ya ang nagging kasama ko…it was….emmm…Enchong…I think…yah..Enchong Dee, another family friend’s son.He’s funny, medyo mayabang I think..It’s been 3 years, hindi ko masyadong maalala.

 

Ken: LOL….don’t worry, nothing change. He is still so serious….actually something change, he doesn’t wear braces anymore…LOL…and yah Enchong...speaking of Enchong Dee I heared he is coming home too, he is competing for Asian Swimming Olympic.

 

Kim: oh well, I hope he’ll enjoy his stay here.

 

Ken: hope so, ‘coz he’s here for good.

 

Kim: oh yah?

 

Ken: Yap!

 

Yaya Pokwang: Kim, come and have some snack, pasok kayo masyadong mainit and ma alikabok dyan.

 

All of the sudden they heard loud voices and laughter.

 

Kim: yaya, who’s that?

 

Yaya Pokwang: hindi ko alam, bakit hindi mo puntahan, baba kana kasi.

 

Then suddenly, Kim runs off to see who’s downstairs while Ken is following her.

 

Kim: Hi Ate Anne…when did you came? How come no one tell me that you are coming home. Hi Kuya Sam…( screaming and laughing and hugging everyone…she really missed her siblings)

 

Anne: Hi sugar (Anne always call Kim sugar) I miss you so much. I have so many gifts for you. Everybody’s home. Everyone’s is in the living room….Oh Hi Ken…nandito ka pala.



Ken: Hi Ate…hi kuya Sam ….I live here na..LOL

 

Anne: oh yah…is there something I need to know.

 

Kim: Yah, Ken is always in trouble and He is making our house his second house…( sticking her tongue to Ken ) then LOL.

 

Kim grabs Ken’s hand: Ken let’s go see everyone.

 

-HELLO EVERYONE!

 

All the Chiu’s are at the living room and the Lolo Chiu is so happy being surrounded with all his grandchildren.

 

Lolo Chiu: this is a good surprise, if I only know, I could prepare for a big welcome party.

 

Piolo Chiu (eldest) Lo, that’s exactly the reason why we want to surprise you. We don’t want party. We just came yesterday; we surprise Mommy & Daddy too. Then we all left the City very early in the morning to see you. I miss the fresh air, fresh fruits, meat and the horses. And I miss my baby sister. Then grad Kim and hug her.

 

Bea: so Kimmy who’s this young man? Your boyfriend...

 

Kim: who him...LOL…that’s Ken…Ken Anderson, Tito Randy and Tita Vangie's youngest son. We are just hanging out.He can never be my boyfriend, he likes Brenda.

 

Ken: blushing…Hi..and no I don’t like Brenda…actually I love Brenda.

 

Everyone laugh!!!!

 

Lolo Chiu: Ken is a nice funny young man.

 

Jake: Hi Ken, musta na bro? kasabay naming umuwi si Gerald. We actually drop him off at your house in the City last night. I think they well be here tomorrow with your Mom & Dad. Is your Lolo daddy home? Gerald has been talking how much he misses him.