WHAT GONE WRONG?

Arrange Marriage : by Toronto

What gone wrong?

 

Life goes on, for few years now, Gerald continue his studies, finish his Business Economics with high Honors, succeed in family business and become the most eligible bachelor of the country, handsome, smart and rich., the man of every women’s dream. A successful Businessman and still pursuing his Corporate Law, with all this success, so why he is not committed to anyone? As everybody ask this question. He’s dating left and right, but still contented to be a shadow of this mysterious girl. Who is Mysterious Girl? That’s the head line in every tabloid in every news stand. As one of the most eligible bachelor, Gerald’s life has becomes so attractive to the media and Kim never fail to support Him.

Kim finished her BS Biology with High Honors; she collected few awards from the public sector because of her dedication in the community. She got in into Medical school and she become one of the top 10 country’s future physicians, recognized by country’s top Doctors and also received International Recognition.

With all this recognition, success in both of them, people wonder why they are not together, People seen them together all the time; they bring each other to all special occasion and events of their life, so why they are not “TOGETHER”. They are the most perfect couple, “if they are together”

Gerald: (on the phone) Kim, are you free tonight? Can I pick you up for Dinner?

Kim: yes, for you I’ll make sure I’m free. You sound excited, did you got anyone pregnant?

Gerald: ha.ha.bad joke.

Kim: eh, why? I know you Mr. Anderson, every time you want buy me Dinner, there is a catch.

Gerald: nothing, just want to share the good news with you.

Kim: what is it?

Gerald: if I tell you right now, then I don’t have to buy you dinner. You want to hear it now.

Kim: in that case. NO, I want dinner. You know me, food is my weakness. LOL…

Gerald: OK, be ready at 8:00 pm, I need to finish something before I go.

Kim: too late, can it be 6:00 pm.

Gerald: you want me to pick-up something on my way instead?

Kim: ano ba, you call me; ask me for a date then ikaw pa tong suplado?

Gerald: it’s up to you, I can take my offer back kung talagang mahirap para sa iyo.

Kim: OK, OK payag na…suplado!..you better bring me some place nice…oh, oh ngiti ngiti ka ngayon d’yan.

Gerald: (smiling) how did you know I’m smiling? OK, I promise you won’t regret.

They went out have dinner in one of the finest restaurant, looking good together. They have their order and Gerald order a battle of the finest wine.

Kim: what’s the special news? Are you getting married? Have a girlfriend? Got promoted?

Gerald: (just shake his head) NO,. I wish but NO, I’m already a Senior Vice President, next to that will be my Dad’s position…so, NO.

Kim: ahh...(Thinking then suddenly her eyes go big) OMG, Gerald, don’t tell me….are you gay?

Gerald: what the…NO! But if you’re in doubt, there’s one way to find out.

Kim: what?

Gerald: come closer, I’ll show you.

Kim: ha..Ha…very funny! So what is it?

Gerald: I bought a Townhouse, here look at it. It will be finish in 2 years.

Kim: OMG Ge, talaga. But you have a condo, why need to buy a Townhouse?

Gerald: That condo was a gift from my parents; this Townhouse is my gift to my self.

Kim: I’m so proud of you (then get up and give Gerald a hug and kiss) yes, definitely this is something up for a drink.

Gerald: talaga ha kaya mo..by the way I’ll pick you up Saturday for Pauline's birthday ( Piolo & Angel’s daughter)Have you bought your gift?

Kim: NO, I’m so busy I have to work on my medical mission proposal and that will take most of my days this week, how about you? If not, can I come with you Friday afternoon that way, I don’t have to drive , you can drop me off afterwards so I can do some cleaning before I left Saturday, Sunday Melissa (a friend she meet in Medical School) is sleeping over in my place so she can be early for her exam Monday morning. And one more favor, can we pass by the bake shop Saturday on our way to Kuya Piolo house? Please…please…please. Promise, I’ll make it up to you….someday…LOL.

Gerald: (just watching her, na tatawa) you’re so cute and funny, how can I say no, and to tell you I’ll collect that payment someday.

Kim: Thank you, you’re cute too…LOL...

Gerald: Ok that’s enough, halata ng binibilog mo ulo ko.

Saturday come, they come to the party hand in hand, which for everyone, it’s normal to see Gerald and Kim like this. They been so sweet and playful all night, the whole family are wondering what’s going on between this two. They are not a small kid anymore and the relationship never changes. Family starts to worried, for them this two are hopeless, looks like they can’t have what they wish for, for this two to full in-love and be together for the rest of their lives.

Mrs. Anderson: Randy, what’s your son’s problem, why his not asking Kimberly out? ‘tell me what you think is wrong with those actions?..They are so comfortable with each other that I’m scared they just going to be friends forever and not more than that.

Mr. Anderson: Vangie, don’t worries give them time. They both are very young.

Mrs. Anderson. C’mon, they’re not young anymore, they just love going to school that’s why they both took the longest profession in this world. They both don’t need to have that fancies profession, they have money. You better worry, if you don’t do anything, I will. (Then she get-up and walk towards Mrs. Chiu)

Mrs. Chiu: Best, come try this cake, Kim & Gerald brought this over from our favorite bake shop.

Mrs. Anderson: Best, tell me honestly, thus Kim has a boyfriend?

Mrs. Chiu. Not that I know of, and normally when it comes to relationship, no one can keep it from this family. My kids are too close to each other that they know everyone’s business…, why you asked?

Mrs. Anderson: look at them. Just by the look, you won’t believe that they are not together. Best friend, I’m so sorry but I really want Kim for Gerald. I can’t imagine Gerald marrying other woman, I won’t be fair.

Mrs. Chiu: LOL..ikaw talaga, don’t worry they have lot’s of time.

Mr.Chiu: walking towards Mr. Anderson) Panjero, tell me honestly, you think Gerald don’t find Kim attractive? ..’coz look at them, until now Gerald haven’t make a move…What you think, we’ll give them 2 years, kung wala pa rin, let’s help them, pakasal na lang natin. I think they both have feelings for each other but somehow, they have other priorities lalo na si Kim ko kaya siguro hindi maka porma si Gerald.

Mr. Anderson: you know what, Vangie say same thing. She’s worried. We’ll talk Panjero, Gerald’s finishing his Law this year, and then he is going for bar review and took exam next. Kim will be finishing in 2 years right? We better move before she passes her Exam she might go to US to continue for International Practice for experience.

Both side of the family are now start to worries how this two being so comfortable with their weird relationship. Obviously, parents want more what Gerald and Kim have. They can’t figure out what is going on with Kim & Gerald, but somehow how they know there is something wrong with the picture.

Gerald: Mommy , Tita we have to go, Kim needs to be early tomorrow. Her friend Melissa is coming to stay with her for the night and I’ll be reviewing for my exam, too.

Kim: Tita, Mama, we need to go and Mama, can you ask Yaya Pokwang about her daughter Malin, I need somebody once a week to do laundry and clean my condo for me. My studies really getting hardier I don’t have time to sleep anymore.

Mrs. Anderson: Gerald, take good care of Kim, help her out iho.

Kim: no Tita, I’m OK, he has his own place to clean…LOL

Mrs. Anderson: No iha, if you don’t know, Gerald is really good sa bahay, he knows how to clean.

Kim: ooooh I know Tita, I do spend time with him in his condo.

Mrs. Chiu & Mrs. Anderson: (they’re shock to what they heard, nanlaki ang mag mata)

Kim: NO, it’s not what you think..LOL..we’re just friend.
Bad words! That ‘s the words that both their parents doesn’t wont to hear.” We’re just friend”.

Mrs. Chiu: ok you two go ahead, make sure you say bye to your Papa and to everyone.

And they both say goodbye and went they go. They left their parents worried that very night.