The Wedding

Arrange Marriage : by Toronto

 

The Wedding


Two days after Kim’s birthday, the Chiu and Anderson Family, gather again for the big announcement, Piolo and Angel’s Engagement. This is the big surprise that Angel’s was talking about to Kim. They don’t want to say anything before Kim’s birthday. They set for 1 year preparation and the Wedding has to come before the 18th birthday of Kim. For this year, everyone focuses on the wedding. This is going to be the wedding of the year. The first wedding for both clans, the 3rd generation. Angel being the only daughter in Gerald’s Dad cousin’s side, of course the parents are exited and welling to do everything just to make the only daughter’s wedding perfect. Angel's and Piolo's wedding are the most anticipated wedding of the year, planned to be right after Kim's 17th birthday, June.

 

A year come and Kim asked for a quite birthday, no party but just a simple family dinner in the restaurant. This time not even the Anderson's was invited, but as usual Gerald never failed to wish Kim a happy birthday.

At the Restaurant: Kim's phone rings.

Kim: sorry...I'll turn this off.

Mr. Chiu: No iha, go ahead answer it, maybe it's one of your friends, wants to wish you a happy birthday.

Kim: Thank you Papa...hello...

Gerald: (on the phone) Hi Kimmy, happy birthday, what are you doing?...where are you why it's loud? are you on a date?

Kim: Date? sino naman ang makipag date sa akin aside from my family. we're out having dinner.

Mrs. Chiu: who is it iha?

Kim: It's Gerald Ma, just wishing me a happy birthday.

Mrs. Chiu: ask him to come over, have dinner with us, we'll wait for him.

Kim: Mom...it's ok. It's late.

Gerald: Kim I heard Tita. Tell her thank you. and why, you don't want to see me?

Kim: not like that, it's just to late already, but if you want you can come.

Gerald: no it's ok. I'll take reincheck, I'll set a date with you some other time.

Kim: Talaga?... you'll take me out?...when?..(sound exited)

Gerald" are you free this coming Saturday? if you are I'll pick you up at 5:00 pm.

Kim: OK, I'll ask first if I can be out that late, what time you'll bringing me home?

Gerald:(forgot that Kim is only 17 and this is her first night out with the guy ever) tell Tito I'll bring you home by 11:00 pm.

Saturday come and Gerald was so exited about his date with Kim that He stayed home all day preparing for it, everyone at home noticed him.

Mrs. Anderson: Iho, it's nice to see you home in Saturday, are you sick?

Kent: No Mommy, he has a date, first time He ask a girl for a date.

Mr. Anderson: you ask? talaga ha? that's why you look worried sick, you must really like this girl. ..(sabay tawa)

Mrs. Anderson: who is this girl? she got your attention. I like her already. that's the type of girl you should go out with, may class and has self respect.

Kent: exactly mommy, she got class..but too bad, it's not what your thinking. dahil ang date ni kuya ay si Kim.

Mr.Anderson:(look at Mrs. Anderson with his big eyes) that's good Gerald, your pursuing Kim? i like Kim she's a very beautiful, smart, decent young woman. I hope your serious with her.

Mrs. Anderson: Iho, we love Kim, and I want you to be careful with her. She's young and so precious, she's not like those other girls you used to ..(before she continue)

Gerald:..hay..hay...hold your horses guys..it's not a date, date like what you think. it's her birthday and I'm taking her out for dinner as my birthday gift, you can come if you want.

Mrs. Anderson: iho, what we're saying is...we like Kim for you and whatever it is you have for her, your intention, I hope it's real. We don't want na masira ka sa parents ni Kim. Her family trust you so much.

Gerald; I know, she's special for me and she's young, I don't think she's...(then he stop, he realized that he start to talked, he doesn't want to expose him self yet)..basta it's not what you think.

Gerald arrived at Chiu's residence at 4:30 pm. He waited for a while, then Kim came down with her Mom, her Dad was already talking to Gerald. As Kim coming down the stairs, Gerald got stunned by her beauty, she took his breath away. She is so beautiful with her simple yellow dress.

Gerald: Good evening Tita, Kim you look so beautiful tonight.

Mr. Chiu: You look so grown-up iha...Gerald, take good care of my daughter, bring her home safe iho.

Gerald: I'll do Tito, Tita. I'll bring her home at 11:00 pm.

Mrs. Chiu: Thank you Gerald.OK have fun and drive safe Gerald.

Gerald: thank you Tita. by the way, where's everyone pala? si Jake Tita? mukhang tahimik yata.

Mrs. Chiu: well, we're by ourself. Jake's with Roxanne and of course Bea's still in Paris with your cousin's next month pa and dating.
Piolo and Anne are with Angel and Sam, mag kasama silang apat mag unwind daw.(sabay left her shoulder)

Kim: Ma, Pa are you sure ok lang kayo? me ang Gerald can stay if you want.

Mrs. Chiu: of course we're ok, you kids go ahead and have fun. And beside your Tita Vangie and Tito Randy are coming over soon.

Gerald: oh yah, punta sila dito, they didn't say anything to me...Ok Tita we have to go.(then kiss Mrs. Chiu)

Kim: bye ma, pa...

Gerald and Kim spend the night talking non-stop, they are so happy and sweet as if no one else is around them. They talked about Kim's going to Ateneo for University and how she decide to take Medicine. Gerald on the other hand are worried for Kim being by herself at Ateneo, by herself meaning as without him there watching her. He is staying in La Salle finishing his Business Economics and soon proceed to Corporate Law.Gerald's spend all night holding Kim's hand.then they realized it's time to go home.

Gerald brought her home and find out that their parents went out also and they are not back yet.

Gerald: Kim's you think I can stay for a while?

Kim: of course you can, we can wait until my parents got home, nandito naman si yaya.(then call her yaya) yaya..yaya...can Gerald stay for a while?

Yaya: OK, I'll be here if you need me, nood lang ako TV.

Gerald; thank you yaya.

Yaya Pokwang:your welcome Gerald, basta behave ka lang d'yan.

Kim: yaya talaga.

Gerald: Kim, i know I ask you these before...but I want to ask you again, puede ka na bang ligawan, mag ka boyfriend?

Kim: hindi...not until I'm 18 at least..that's my parents law...for me my rules for myself, not until I'm in finishing Medicine.

Gerald:(sabay ubo)..grabe naman mas strict ka pa sa parents mo...LOL..

Kim: mahirap kasi ma wala sa focus, besides I won't want to be unfair sa magiging boyfriend ko, I know I won't have the time for him.bakit ka ba nag tatanong?..gusto mo ba akung ligawan?

Gerald:(na ubo ulit)..hindi ah...just curious, kasi ang daming may gusto sa'yo.

Kim:hmmmhmmm...wala yon...alam mo naman kayong mga boys, kung sino yong ayaw paligaw, iyon ang mga gusto n'yo, siguro challenge?

Gerald: I don't know? hindi naman ako nanligaw, mga girls ang nanligaw sa akin.

Kim: (tawang tawa) you know friend,I like your self confidence, hindi ka mayabang ( sabay batok kay Gerald) paano kasi lahat na nagka gusto sa iyo mga crossed eyed, they can look straight.

they talked and talked until their parents arrived and Gerald has to go.

Wedding Day come. This is the day where all the rich and famous come together, the wedding of the year, the two big clans are now officially combined by this married.Everyone got their special part and of course as expected, Gerald and Kim are paired up as Bridesmaid and Groomsmen. In this party, Kim was introduce to Robi Tan, the son of the most famous,Surgeon of St Luke's Hospital. Robi is also in Ateneo, in his 2nd year of BS Biology, also planning for Medicine.
At night Robi is so vocal about his attraction to Kim and this pest-off Gerald.

Kim: Gerald what's wrong, i know that face. that's your I want to punch somebody face.

Gerald: that Robi guy pest me off, hindi pa yan titigil sa kaka sunod sa atin?

Kim: I know...hayaan mo na...weirdo kasi..let's go catch ka na ng garter don.

Gerald: (look so unhappy went to the corner with out paying attention what's going on) ..aray!..what the heck...(he got hit with the garter in the face)..then grab the garter, was about to give it to someone when)...

Robi: pare, ayaw mo? bigay mo na lang sa akin..ako na lang.

Gerald: (biglang nainis) bakit ko naman ibigay sa'yo, eh ako ang naka salo.( sabay alis walk towards Kim)

Robi: mukhang ayaw mo kasi.

Kim: what happen over there?..aray..ano ba..( hold her head, then realized that she got hit with the bouquet Angel's toss, she grab the flowers the jump)..yah..I got it, look Ge, I got it.( while jumping)

Gerald: Kim, Kim, settle down, ok ok you got it.

Then the music start, Gerald and Kim has to go to the middle to do the tradition, where the guy who caught the garter, has to put it to the girl who caught the bouquet. Everybody was so exited that this two has to do this, and they both caught it by surprise with even planning to get it. That moment, Gerald is so happy, he feel like his getting married to Kim. As they have the dance floor.

Gerald: I hope someday it's the two of us doing the real thing..(the he whisper to Kim, your so beautiful, then kiss Kim and whisper "I love you")

Kim: (got it by surprise)..ha?..ikaw talaga, padala ka pa sa moment. guguho ang buong angkan kapag tayo..LOL..(again for Kim everything is a joke)

Gerald:Kim, I'm serious...I'm not joking.

Kim: Gerald, please stop it kung ayaw mo akong magalit, this is not the time to full around.

Gerald; OK, sorry, sorry, I'll stop (then hold Kim tightly with his misty eyes, gusto n'yang sumigaw how much he loves her)

After that conversation, Gerald was so quite for the rest of the night. he felt so down and sorry kung bakit sinabi n'ya kay Kim while he knows exactly how Kim's feel about it.

Gerad;( talking to himself) gago ka talaga, you know exactly kung ano ang sagot pero sinabi mo pa rin.

Kim: Ge, I'm so sorry, I hope you won't hate me.

Gerald: of course not. yah your right, it's the moment...don't worry about it..let's pretend it never happened..OK?

They both survive pretending it never happened. That night, Kim realized that she probably love Gerald too, but she got a very strong will, "NO BOYFRIEND".both of them try not to get affected with what happened. Now Gerald realized that no matter what he does, Kim will stick to her decision towards "NO BOYFRIEND" not until finish Medicine and Kim realized that after all this year, she is now confirmed, with her feelings towards Gerald.