Back to School

Arrange Marriage : by Toronto

 

Back to School

Opening of the school and everyone was exited. Both Kim & Gerald are little nervous, this is their first time to this school. Most of Gerald's friends are still in that school; this is where he comes from before He went to the US. St La Salle University, a big campus where from grade school , high school to university share one campus, that’s why it’s huge that it's hard to friend your friends. 
As promise, Gerald went to first day of school with Kim & Kent; he help Kim find her class room and help her around the whole day until she got settled. He is doing this for a week.

 

Gerald: Kim, Kent. By Monday, you have to go in your own, I need to be really early at school, I'm going for basketball tryout, if I made it, then I always need to be early then late in going home from practices. Kim, ok na bang mga class mo? are you going to be ok?

Kim: OK na ako Ge, don't worry about me, I hope you made it to the team.

Kent: yah Kuya I hope so too....for sure pasok ka, ang galing mo kaya.

Gerald made it to varsity, he is really good, he become so popular with the girls, he not only good in sports, he is also very smart, he manage to be top in his class. He proves to himself that if he put his mind into something he can do it. Months pass by and he got himself into busy schedule na hindi na halos nagkikita ni Kim. On the other hand, Kim was not doing so badly also. She got into music club, sports and freshmen chemistry club president. Kim becomes also very popular with the boys, not only in her year but also in higher year. May mga older boys na nagkaka gusto sa kanya. She makes new friends.

Gerald: (seating outside the gym entrance waiting for his team mate after morning practice, see Kim from far just get out from the car) Hi Kim, in a hurry? medyo late ka yata?

Kim: Hi Gerald, long time no see ah? but see you later I'm late na kasi.

Gerald: here, give me a hug. I miss you; I'll call you later, OK? (thinking, OMG Gerald, bumigay ka na naman)

Kim: talaga ha, miss me ha. busy ka kaya sa mga angels mo. Gerald be careful baka ma trap ka...LOL...ok call me.

Then go in a hurry. Gerald still waiting for his team, left seating in the bench thinking how beautiful Kim is.

Gerald thinking: talagang parang ang bilis ng panahon, ibang-iba na talaga si Kim. looks like all of the sudden bigla s'yang naging dalaga. hindi na s'ya nakipagharutan, parang kilos dalaga na ah?"

Enchong: (from far) Gerald, finally bro, nakita din kita. Bro, why you didn't tell me that you spend your whole summer with Kim.

Gerald: so, what's the big deal? We’re family friends; we always spend summer together since we are small. anyway why did you ask?

Enchong: bro, bulag ka ba? Kim is so hot. I think I'm in-love with Kim. pero bro subrang ilap. She’s so beautiful and the funny thing is, she doesn't even know it. sobrang humble, malambing, and super mabait.Pare, good character, beauty and brain. Girlfriend material, or let me correct myself, wife material bro...wife material.

Gerald: tumigil ka na, ibahin mo si Kim sa mga naging girlfiend mo. Kilala kita pare, kaya please lang huwag mo s'yang idagdag sa listahan mo.

Enchong: ano ka ba, thank you for your support, I know she’s different, she’s special, that’s why I'm here talking to you. I need your help Gerald.

Gerald: sorry bro, but you’re in your own. Kim’s family is too close to me.

Enchong: it’s too late Bro, kahit sa team mo lang ang dami na may gusto kay Kim, hindi lang ako ang dapat mong bantayan.

Gerald: talaga ha?( thinking where he's been why he doesnt see / know about all of these ) sino-sino sila?

Enchong: it doesn't matter, basta just help me, rather than mapunta pa si Kim sa iba, sa akin na lang.

Gerald: Bro, you’re my friend but when it comes to Kim, ibang usapan na yan. Kim is like my little sister, I'm not the right person para lapitan mo...Ok bro, I have to go may practice pa ako.

Enchong: OK…. ano ba ang problema non bakit mukhang galit.

Gerald can’t sleep that night and start thinking that, here’s another problem, that he needs to do something. He needs to talk to Kim and to know if Kim’s is ready na mag paligaw. If she is, then He’ll start and if not, then He doesn’t have to worry. He knows Kim very well. He knows that even though Kim might be young, she’s one person that already knows what she wants and what ever she wants, pina pangangatawanan n’ya ito.

Gerald: (early morning on the phone) Hi Kim, I don’t have any practice today, you want to come with me to school? It’s been a while; I just want to catch up with you.

Kim: well Mr. popular guy, it’s about time. Kaya lang baka may magalit ha, tapos awayin ako. Sigurado ka?

Gerald: Kim, sa akin walang may magalit, baka ikaw, baka masuntok ako sa school.

Kim: ha..ha.. very funny. OK hurry and pick me up, I don’t want to be late.

Gerald: So Kim, I’ll wait for you in front of the gym later.

Kim: OK, I’ll try to be there on time, I just need to pass by at the music room.

Kent: Kuya, I’ll be going home late, just go ahead, I’ll get a ride from Aldred.

Gerald: have you told Mom?...OK

Kent: yah.

End of the day: Gerald is seating waiting for Kim. Thinking how is he going to start the conversation with Enchong.

Kim: Hi Gerald, sorry I make you wait. Let’s go (looking so stress and trying to rush)

Gerald: that’s ok… here seat down and try to relax, I hope I don’t make you feel pressured. Hindi ako nagmamadaling umuwi. I don’t mind waiting. How about snack? Are you up to it?

Kim: talaga, papakainin mo ako? Sure why not.

Gerald: ok, in that case, let’s go, I’ll bring you somewhere out of here para maiba naman.

Kim: OK

Gerald stops at the Jolibee.

Kim: perfect, it’s a while since I’ve been here, I miss this place.

Gerald: ok let’s go.

They placed their order and look for an empty table. As they start eating, Gerald was watching Kim eating:

Kim: what, why are you stirring me like that?

Gerald: nothing, I guess I just miss you.

Kim: oh... That’s really sweet. Here, I’ll give you a hug.

Gerald: Kim, can I ask you something?...Nanliligaw ba si Enchong Dee sa’yo?

Kim: who...ah..si Chiokoy?..hindi, pero nang-aasar , yes.

Gerald: chiokoy? Do you named every person you know?

Kim: no, just the annoying and the cute one.

Gerald: so you find Enchoing cute?

Kim: no…annoying, yah

Gerald: (with the smile in his face)..eh ako, what do you call me if I’m not around.

Kim: anong if I’m not around. I forgot ano?...di ba …Unggoy.

Gerald: so, annoying din ako?

Kim: hindi..(Then look at Gerald and smile)

Gerald: eh bakit mo tinatawag na Unggoy?..dahil bas a cute ako? Dalawa lang naman dib a.

Kim: hindi..kasi, dati kang masungit sa akin, tapos nagging mabait…tapos…. I guess yah..cute ka.

Gerald: thank you, inamin mo rin…OK, every time I don’t have any practice, I’ll pick you up…Kim, one more thing, kapag manligaw si Enchong sa iyo, or any guy….

Kim: ano ka ba? Akoyo ko pang mag paligaw…lalong ayoko ko pa mag ka boyfriend. I want to work hard para makapasok ako sa Medicine then I can continue sa States. So in that case, siguro hanging sa hindi ako maka tapos ng Preparatory for Medicine dito.

Gerald: Wow..tagal non ah..baka mapagod ang mga nag hihintay.

Kim: then it’s not meant to be…I just want to concentrate in my study first. It’s also unfair if I have a boyfriend then I can’t give my 100% to the relationship, might as well don’t start so no problem. ..
Oh why are you smiling...I’m not joking.

Gerald: I’m so happy for you. At your age, you already know what you want. (Gerald was so relief thinking that he doesn’t have to do anything)

For whole school year, Gerald just continues what he is doing; spend time with Kim whenever he can and not worry of anything. During the school year, so many girls like him, wanted to be his girlfriend and including na dito ang senior beauty holder na si Nina Jose. Nina is obsessed with Gerald, and Gerald being a gentlemen he is, sometimes pinagbibigyan nito si Nina, hanging sa Nina think sila na nga ni Gerald. But really, they are not in relationship.

Graduation Day, Gerald excel in everything, he is the Athlete of the Year, and He got the special Academic award because he a transferee, he can’t be a valedictorian in his batch and he got the award in Mathematics and the Public Service Award from the Boys & Girls Foundation. As for Kim, she’s the First honor in Freshmen Class, Science Award and the Public Service Award from the Boys & Girls Foundation also.

Mrs. Anderson: (talking to Kent & Gerald) Guys, after the ceremony, we have dinner with the Chiu’s dito sa bahay. So, Gerald, from Ceremony we all coming back here for dinner then after you can go to your Graduation Class party. You can’t drive, your Kuya Jason can bring you then pick you up around 1:00 am.
Hanging 1:00 am hindi ka na lalampas.

Gerald: OK. No problem.

They all have dinner together, then Gerald ask if he can go. Kent & Kim stayed and just DVD. 12:00 midnight come and Mrs. Anderson remind Kuya Jason to pick – up Gerald. She call Gerald and told him that Kuya Jason is coming. Upond hearing this, Kent got an idea.

Kent: Kimmy, let’s go with Kuya Jason to get Kuya Ge. I just want to see if Brenda, ang party kasi sa kanila.

Kimmy: Ikaw, but we have to ask our parents if we can.

Kent: OK..( then Kent ask permission, saying that they are bored and they have nothing to do kaya pumayag ang parents nila) Let’s go Kuya Jason, Kim you seat at the back dito ako sa front.

Kim: OK ( they arrived at the house and see Gerald standing at the gate waiting for the ride) ..Kuya Jason ayon si Gerald oh…OMG…look nakipag halikan kay Nina…LOL….LOL…

Gerald: (then he noticed that his car was in front of them) Nina, ano ba? Let go of me..

Kim: Hi Gerald, how’s the kissing party?...(sabay haba ang ngoso at niloloko si Gerald)

Gerald: anong kissing party, I wasn’t kissing her, s’ya ang nag kiss sa akin( medyo inis sa biro ni Kim) and why you two are here?..Kuya Jason, bakit kasama mo ang dalawang ito?

Kim: so, we’re not doing anything. Ikawn nga itong… (hindi n’ya tinuloy ang gusto n’yang sabihin)..galit ka lang kasi huli ka…and Gerald puede ba, kunting discrete naman next time, hindi nyong kahit ka nakipag halikan sa girlfriend mo.

Gerald: ano ba. I told you..hindi ako nakipag halikan sa kanya ang she’s not my girlfriend, by the way, why I’m explaining this to you, you’re not my girlfriend too. Or maybe, your jealous and just me to kiss you too..(then he hold Kim and try to kiss her)

Kim: (trying to over and try to get away from Gerald) ano ba, para kang sira. Bakit naman ako pahalik sa iyo, boyfriend ba kita?..ni hindi nga kita type no…UNGGOY! Array ang sakit ng braso ko..look 
Ng bruise tuloy.

Gerald: (feel bad) Kim I’m so sorry, ikaw kasi napikon ako sa iyo.

Kim: OK lang. sorry din. (Now Kim’s thinking that Gerald must really love Nina, at hanggang ngayon, lumalabas pa rin ang pagka suplado nito towards her, para sa kanya no matter what, this won’t change)

Summer come, nag iba ang lahat, now Gerald spend time with his friend, playing sports, basketball and wakeboarding ang bagong water sports na kina lulukohan ni Gerald. He just spend few days sa Hacienda tapos back ulit sa City. This time Kim knows that everything changed between them. She realized that they all changed, they grow up even Kent and the rest of her friends.